Naoki Urasawa's Monster VS. B.T.Killer - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1982 Views )

sabo10
1203th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Naoki Urasawa's Monster VS. BTK" , posted Tue 23 Aug 15:20:post reply

Anyone that follows both stories noticed the similarities? I'm convinced that Naoki Urasawa knows of the BTK case, and has partly based Monster around it. I have done searches, and I can't find anyone else who has made this connection yet.

Read up on it here if you like:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/unsolved/btk/index_1.html

In a letter written by BTK to police:

"It hard to control myself. You probably call me 'psychotic with sexual perversion hang-up.' When this monster enter my brain I will never know. But, it here to stay."

"I can't stop it so the monster goes on, and hurt me as well as society. Society can be thankful that there are ways for people like me to relieve myself at time by day dreams of some victims being torture and being mine. It a big complicated game my friend of the monster play putting victims number down, follow them, checking up on them, waiting in the dark, waiting, waiting.... the pressure is great and sometimes he run the game to his liking. Maybe you can stop him. I can't. He has already chosen his next victim or victims. I don't know who they are yet. The next day after I read the paper, I will know, but it to late. Good luck hunting."

sounds familiar doesn't it?

I just gave Monster a quick read, so I don't know the story fully. Any Urasawa fans here want to comment?

[this message was edited by sabo10 on Tue 23 Aug 15:21]

Replies:

Sensenic
1353th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Naoki Urasawa's Monster VS. BTK" , posted Wed 24 Aug 03:38post reply

quote:
Anyone that follows both stories noticed the similarities? I'm convinced that Naoki Urasawa knows of the BTK case, and has partly based Monster around it. I have done searches, and I can't find anyone else who has made this connection yet.

Read up on it here if you like:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/unsolved/btk/index_1.html

In a letter written by BTK to police:

"It hard to control myself. You probably call me 'psychotic with sexual perversion hang-up.' When this monster enter my brain I will never know. But, it here to stay."

"I can't stop it so the monster goes on, and hurt me as well as society. Society can be thankful that there are ways for people like me to relieve myself at time by day dreams of some victims being torture and being mine. It a big complicated game my friend of the monster play putting victims number down, follow them, checking up on them, waiting in the dark, waiting, waiting.... the pressure is great and sometimes he run the game to his liking. Maybe you can stop him. I can't. He has already chosen his next victim or victims. I don't know who they are yet. The next day after I read the paper, I will know, but it to late. Good luck hunting."

sounds familiar doesn't it?

I just gave Monster a quick read, so I don't know the story fully. Any Urasawa fans here want to comment?

Eh... You reminded me I wanted to reread it. When I'm done with the book I'm reading now, I'll get on it. Thanks. ^_^

On topic: I have no friggin' idea. The possibility exists, because Urasawa definitely does previous research... But...

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
IIRC (as I said, I have to reread it), all those messages by Johan are pure bluff, I think he tried to get his sister back with them or sumthin (by showing her he's "not actually evil). He doesn't have split personality, that I'm quite sure.

End of Spoiler

Now, the idea of the messages coming from there? What I said before, dunno, could be.

Za Peepaa Yomiko chan! -Nyoooon-

My philosophy professor was a flan Myself