[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2556 Views )

Iggy
7060th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 05:03post reply

Someone reliable spotted on the Yusa nikki a cryptic comment about a sequel to SvC Card fighters 2, aka "The best game ever created in history".

I haven't found the comment myself, nor do I know the date of the comment, and we know how the Yusa Nikki can be full of shit, but, still....

I WANT TO BELIEVE.
I'll buy the console it's released on whatever it is.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Replies:

Stifu
246th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 05:14post reply

SvC CFC 2 was great, but the card artwork was mostly shit, and the cool RPG side of the first CFC was gone...

Anyway, I'm not expecting anything.

And whatever gets released on PSP, I'll never buy one.

Sano
1954th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 05:15:post reply

Regarding this rumor - Yeah right!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Sat 20 Aug 05:16]

Iggy
7061th Post

"Re(2):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 05:17post reply

quote:
SvC CFC 2 was great, but the card artwork was mostly shit, and the cool RPG side of the first CFC was gone...

Shut up.
You are not allowed to speak.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Cain Highwind
595th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 05:21post reply

I can confirm this as well, Pen-Pen at Orochinagi translated this from an interview:

GX(Game Magazine): Other than the above works, are there anything being planned?
CH(SNK Head of Development): I have a new idea for the Nintendo NDS, a card game actually. But what the card game is actually about, for now it's not a suitable time to tell you. (GX: Is it a KOF card game?)

GX: When will you be announcing this new game?
CH: Around the September TGS I believe!

GX: What about the game's theme? Do you have any hints?
CH: Nope! If I continue talking about it, you will probably know what it is about! (ed: maybe Card Fighters' Clash...?)

Stifu
247th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 05:23post reply

quote:

Shut up.
You are not allowed to speak.

Well... Just try to silence me darling. :p

By the way, I have played CFC2 so much that the timer got stuck at some point, around roughly 300 hours of play or something. So yeah, I think I'm entitled to an opinion on the subject.

Rid
6791th Post

"Re(2):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 05:25post reply

quote:
SvC CFC 2 was great, but the card artwork was mostly shit
Another Falcoon atheist! No!

Stifu
248th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 05:31post reply

To be more fair, let's say the artwork quality was uneven. Some cards like Chun Li's or Rock's were very nice. Others like Ryu's or Terry's were just awful.

Sano
1955th Post

"Re(4):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 05:32:post reply

I only played part one since that was the only version that came out in English. Some notes, make it freaking possible for someone to get all of the cards without playing with friends because no one I know in real life I know bought a Neo Geo Pocket (everyone had Gameboys) and while I know some people who have a PSP or a DS fat chance on them buying this. At the very least make it easier to get cards, I'm at the 280 mark and to play battles for three plus hours and to get NOT ONE STINKING NEW CARD a million times is beyond frustrating. I've long given up on getting all of the cards, I know some of them are only to be unlocked through person to person play but not 20 fucking cards you BASTAGES! The cheapness of this games in regards to getting new cards knows no bounds. If they want to use the PSP at least use the internet service so I can reach out and play others or make it so I can download the rest of the cards, I'll gladly pay for the service. Course if it shows up on the DS only we are screwed.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Sat 20 Aug 05:34]

Kikkoken
954th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 05:46post reply

Yu Gi Oh appeals more to me (and yes I own Card Fighter Clash 2nd)

exodus
2918th Post

"Re(6):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 06:08post reply

what magazine was this?

shin ramberk
166th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 06:24post reply

The interview mentioned the DS. That's a relief. I have no need for a PSP. Let's just hope that it's something good.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

aderack
148th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 07:15:post reply

I was going to say, the DS would be perfect for this. (Actually, I have said it plenty in the past.)

It'd also be perfect for a new version of Cool Cool Toon, while we're at it.

[this message was edited by aderack on Sat 20 Aug 07:16]

Gojira
1813th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(8):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 08:42post reply

OMG, please tell me they actually took my advice to make an enhanced DS version of CFC2. Now if they'd only do a complete translation (without skipping things like card quotes), I'd be really really really happy.

Momo
68th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 08:52post reply

If this rumor is true, I will EJACULATE WITH GLEE.

YOU HEARD ME

Joe Randel
432th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 10:15post reply

okay, ewww...

But man if a CFC came out for the DS I'd for sure pick it up. I loved the first one and actually had a friend to play against and get all the cards woo! As far as the arts concerned, I've never seen art from the second one and I was never sold on the art from the first one ether, but hot dang on a stick if it still wasn't fun.

"I can't take any more illicit drugs... I can't afford any artificial joy" - Pursuit of Happiness

Sano
1956th Post

"Re(2):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 10:44:post reply

Oh no not the DS, there will be no way to get all of the cards without playing with actual people and no one I know in real life is going to buy this game... seriously if they make it next to impossible to collect all of the cards again I think I'll sit this one out. Oh who am I kidding, if it comes out in English I'll probably buy it regardless, I sure as hell am not importing a card game where reading the cards abilities is sort of important which is why I skipped out on SVC CFC2 in the first place. That and, there was never no end to CFC1 for me since the game was to cheap to give me 20 cards after hours and hours and hours and YEARS of playing off and on... Hmmm, maybe they'll put in a secret code or there will be some sort of DS Gameshark I can only pray...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Sat 20 Aug 10:47]

Amakusa
640th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 12:00post reply

quote:
Oh no not the DS, there will be no way to get all of the cards without playing with actual people and no one I know in real life is going to buy this game...

Oh boo-hoo for you.

I have all 300 cards in the first CFC. I have only one Chizuru card and twelve Tessa cards out of the entire times I played the game versus. Victory dance.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Cain Highwind
596th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Full interview" , posted Sat 20 Aug 15:46post reply

quote:
what magazine was this?

Sorry according to the original translator of the interview, it's a Hong Kong based gaming magazine called Game Next.

The original (complete) interview translation is here

Stifu
249th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 15:51post reply

I have all the 300 cards in CFC1 Capcom and SNK versions, as well as all 424 cards in CFC2.

[/brag]

Sano
1958th Post

"Re(4):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 16:14:post reply

quote:

Oh boo-hoo for you.

I have all 300 cards in the first CFC. I have only one Chizuru card and twelve Tessa cards out of the entire times I played the game versus. Victory dance.

Here's a cookie.

BTW, the first time I played through the game with Cap I had about 291 cards and then the game crashed and I lost all of my cards so I had to rebuild my deck playing as Comet. Same thing happened to Daala too as we spoke about this right here at MMCAFE about 2 years back who also lost her entire deck due to a similar crash. Great game indeed.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Sat 20 Aug 17:41]

Phoenix
824th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(5):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 16:46post reply

2005 is just full of delightful surprises. Oh, please please let CFC 3 be true and please let them bring it to USA. With online capabilities built into both PSP and DS- now's the perfect time to make this dream come true.

Sano
1959th Post

"Re(6):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 17:52:post reply

quote:
2005 is just full of delightful surprises. Oh, please please let CFC 3 be true and please let them bring it to USA. With online capabilities built into both PSP and DS- now's the perfect time to make this dream come true.

Hmmm. Being a PSP user and I haven't had much interest in the DS so I didn't know the DS had online capabilities too. Good to know thanks.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Sat 20 Aug 17:53]

Ammadeau
1417th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sat 20 Aug 17:58post reply

quote:
To be more fair, let's say the artwork quality was uneven. Some cards like Chun Li's or Rock's were very nice. Others like Ryu's or Terry's were just awful.

I was going to kill you, but I agree with this completely. Some of the artwork for the cards look a little too silly, like Morrigan's that's 90% breasts.

The fact that I have yet to pass 100 hours in CFC2 yet (80 or so now) fills me with shame.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

kofoguz
134th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):[rumor] a sequel to Card Fighters !?" , posted Sun 21 Aug 04:20:post reply

quote:
Someone reliable spotted on the Yusa nikki a cryptic comment about a sequel to SvC Card fighters 2, aka "The best game ever created in history".

I WANT TO BELIEVE.
I'll buy the console it's released on whatever it is.

Agreed. And I'd kill to play it against my brother.
Please add every character snk. BTW Would it be crazy, dreaming it as a console release, too. If they make a console version then i would be the greatest fanboy of snkp.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Sun 21 Aug 05:12]

exodus
2919th Post

"Re(1):Full interview" , posted Sun 21 Aug 08:34post reply

quote:
it's a Hong Kong based gaming magazine called Game Next.

thank you, sir.

Radish
2990th Post

"Re(2):Full interview" , posted Mon 22 Aug 08:43post reply

sagffggsajkf sdfgsdfsa fsdjfsadhf gkjsad

I would much rather have this on the PSP but I'm certainly not going to complain if we get something at all on any system.

makatiel
169th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Full interview" , posted Mon 22 Aug 13:32post reply

even now, i play this game every day though i switch around between the versions every once in a while for variety.

i also like the cfc 1 artwork a lot more than 2.

shin ramberk
167th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Full interview" , posted Mon 22 Aug 15:09post reply

quote:
sagffggsajkf sdfgsdfsa fsdjfsadhf gkjsad

I would much rather have this on the PSP but I'm certainly not going to complain if we get something at all on any system.

Why the PSP over the DS? Is it because you already own a PSP? The DS is perfect for a card game like CFC. Let's hope its true. I will definitely buy a DS for CFC. A PSP is too expensive and lacking for me to warrant a purchase of the console and the game. But the interview indicates thats it'll be a DS game anyway.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

Variable Savior
300th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Full interview" , posted Mon 22 Aug 21:27:post reply

Everyone seems in agreement that they'd buy the system that a CFC update/sequel appears on. Would everyone still consider buying a system (or even the game) if it wasn't a CFC title? I mean if the game is a card battle game in the same vein but doesn't utilize SNK (or Capcom) characters.

Would a SNK card game based on a new property still be worth a purchase?

Blood marks heaven's path

[this message was edited by Variable Savior on Mon 22 Aug 21:28]

Iggy
7068th Post

"Re(5):Full interview" , posted Mon 22 Aug 22:01post reply

quote:
Would everyone still consider buying a system (or even the game) if it wasn't a CFC title?

If it is not done by the exact team behin CF2, I probably won't even touch it.

Also, there is very little chance we see any Capcom character in the next game, and CF2 had already every (interesting) SNK character up to 2000. And quite a bunch of retards nobody wanted to remember as well.

I've cooled down about this rumour.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

CHAZumaru
211th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):Full interview" , posted Tue 23 Aug 01:01post reply

quote:

If it is not done by the exact team behin CF2, I probably won't even touch it.

The main guy behind the CFC series left for Dimps, if I recall correctly.

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

exodus
2920th Post

"Re(7):Full interview" , posted Tue 23 Aug 02:57post reply

quote:

The main guy behind the CFC series left for Dimps, if I recall correctly.

that two-timing hussy!!

Radish
2991th Post

"Re(5):Full interview" , posted Tue 23 Aug 06:57post reply

quote:
Everyone seems in agreement that they'd buy the system that a CFC update/sequel appears on. Would everyone still consider buying a system (or even the game) if it wasn't a CFC title? I mean if the game is a card battle game in the same vein but doesn't utilize SNK (or Capcom) characters.

Would a SNK card game based on a new property still be worth a purchase?

I own both so it's not a problem of not having the system. I much prefer the PSP widescreen than having two screens vertically stacked. Also I really find having to hold the DS with one hand and using the stylus uncomfortable. I think that the CFC system is simple enough that a directional pad is enough to control what cards you want to use.

makatiel
170th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Full interview" , posted Tue 23 Aug 13:47post reply

quote:
Also, there is very little chance we see any Capcom character in the next game, and CF2 had already every (interesting) SNK character up to 2000.

that's not true. they skipped a lot of the playstation version 3d samurai spirits characters who were very well designed (such as haito, jushiro, rinka, saya, etc.). i loved those character designs.

and besides they could add all the characters created after 2000. even if it didnt have any capcom chars, i'd still buy it. i'd be sad though.

Iggy
7073th Post

"Re(7):Full interview" , posted Tue 23 Aug 16:16post reply

quote:
that's not true. they skipped a lot of the playstation version 3d samurai spirits characters who were very well designed (such as haito, jushiro, rinka, saya, etc.). i loved those character designs.

It's not a drawing contest.
The PS samu game had great drawings, but as far as characters are concerned, they were just uninteresting. And I say so even though Seishirô was one of my most useful cards in CF2.
And there are less than 20 new characters post 2000. Unless you add one new card per alternate costume in KOF MI, per new clothe in the Nejibako endings, or per weird Nona drawing, this is never going to make it for the Capcom half of the game.

A Yurizilla card would be nice though.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Stifu
250th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(8):Full interview" , posted Tue 23 Aug 16:29post reply

They could make a NeoGeo CFC... Add all the new characters (Ash, Yoshitora, etc), as well as add old missing SNK characters, there's a good load of them. They could also add World Heroes characters, and stuff... Even Magical Drop and Windjammers ones while we're there.
Even if they don't top the amount of cards CFC2 had, it could still be good.