Official KOF XI - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (16271 Views )

kofoguz
102th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"Official KOF XI site..." , posted Fri 12 Aug 01:59:post reply

Official kof XI site has opened. New screenshots and character sections are open.

I like the sites design. It's great. By the way te sound effects in the site is just like classic menu sounds, thats a beautiful detail imho.

here is kapadokya/cappadocia
Link Here.php?main=4&sub=1
and pamukkale
Link Here

Hi from Türkiye

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Fri 12 Aug 02:01]

Replies:

tenguman
234th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Fri 12 Aug 02:32post reply

quote:
Official kof XI site has opened. New screenshots and character sections are open.

I like the sites design. It's great. By the way te sound effects in the site is just like classic menu sounds, thats a beautiful detail imho.

Yeah, just saw it too.
I think it looks fine.

Now let's just hope the game is worth something.

And btw, the link: KOF XI Official Site

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

kofoguz
102th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Fri 12 Aug 03:21post reply

quote:

Damn! I forgot to add link!

here is kapadokya/cappadocia
Link Here.php?main=4&sub=1
and pamukkale
Link Here

Hi from Türkiye

Freeter
4309th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Fri 12 Aug 03:26post reply

I hope the select screen is animated, because it looks pretty bland...

talbaineric
6179th Post

"Re(3):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Fri 12 Aug 03:28post reply

Wow, that site is off da hook. I can't wait until there's an English version of it available so I can read the profiles.

Shen Woo's illustration is awesome, Hiroaki is it? I swear, he/she is one of the BEST game artists ever.

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

Shingo The One
606th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Fri 12 Aug 04:02post reply

quote:
Wow, that site is off da hook. I can't wait until there's an English version of it available so I can read the profiles.

Shen Woo's illustration is awesome, Hiroaki is it? I swear, he/she is one of the BEST game artists ever.

Same as well, talbaineric.Well, I see that The One is really lush in his new art pose.I can't wait to know the game's general story, and especially, the Iori and Kyo and Shingo team story.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Digitalboy
247th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Fri 12 Aug 15:45post reply

Why is SNKP releasing one team at a time? Release all of them damn you!

Gojira
1806th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Fri 12 Aug 18:44post reply

I have nothing to say about this issue or product

kofoguz
104th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Fri 12 Aug 19:48post reply

quote:

But you said smthng. I have nothing to say about killer 7 yet i dont need to say it in that thread...

j/k

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Shingo The One
607th Post

"Re(6):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Fri 12 Aug 20:54post reply

quote:
Why is SNKP releasing one team at a time? Release all of them damn you!

Well Digitalboy, if they released all of them at once, what would we do to kill time before the release of the game, which is set for the end of October?
BTW,I hope you'll catch the amazing Naruto anime special next week.One and a half hours of action, laughs and fun, with the last episode(147) of the current filler arc, the first episode(148) of the fourth legit anime filler arc and the hilarious Konoha Sports Festival short movie.I so can't wait for this one.Catch you later.

Digitalboy
248th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(7):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Fri 12 Aug 21:42post reply

Shingo, I am currently watching no anime right now. Due to the fact of my computer turned gay and died horribly, I can't download/watch jack.

But ever since I became a person without a computer, I have been getting the best sleep within the last year and a half. I would like to get another one but not any time soon. I will just use the computer at work to post useless crap here and online shopping. So far I just bought Namco X Capcom and received that in today.

Shingo The One
608th Post

"Re(8):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Sat 13 Aug 05:28post reply

quote:
Shingo, I am currently watching no anime right now. Due to the fact of my computer turned gay and died horribly, I can't download/watch jack.

But ever since I became a person without a computer, I have been getting the best sleep within the last year and a half. I would like to get another one but not any time soon. I will just use the computer at work to post useless crap here and online shopping. So far I just bought Namco X Capcom and received that in today.

I see Digitalboy, I hope that you will somehow keep on following Naruto.And speaking of which, I recommend that you get Naruto:Uzumaki Ninden, a really fantastic 3D Naruto Action game.I just booked my copy, now of course I wait to get it, play it and enjoy it till maybe Narutimate Hero 3.

Toxico
4100th Post

"Re(9):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Sat 13 Aug 09:38:post reply

For the record I don't remember where but I found the translation for Oswald profile...

Oswald's profile:

Battle Style: Card Assassin Skills (Karnöffel)
Birthday: July 7
Height: 189 cm
Weight: 78 kg
Blood Type: AB
Birthplace: Ireland
Hobby: Battleship
Favorite Food: Chocolate
Best Sport: Golf
Favorite Thing: Trust
Most Hated Thing: Past

Some fan boys are already saying that Oswalds perhaps has some kind of connection with Krizalid/K' (Krizalid thought that he was Irish to).

Also, Ash fighting style is no longer 'special bubbles'; I would search for more translations, but I have to dry up 2 gin bottles before my friends beat me to it.

Cheers.

See??? He is a God...

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 13 Aug 09:42]

Gojira
1807th Post

"Re(3):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Sat 13 Aug 11:06post reply

quote:

But you said smthng. I have nothing to say about killer 7 yet i dont need to say it in that thread...

j/k

I have nothing to say about any such paradox

kofoguz
107th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Sat 13 Aug 21:58post reply

quote:
I have nothing to say about any such paradox

Do you have anything to say about vicious circle? j/k

Just tell us what disturbs you in this product which cause you to feel that you have to post that you dont care?

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

talbaineric
6180th Post

"Re(10):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Sun 14 Aug 00:12post reply

quote:
For the record I don't remember where but I found the translation for Oswald profile...

Oswald's profile:

Battle Style: Card Assassin Skills (Karnöffel)
Birthday: July 7
Height: 189 cm
Weight: 78 kg
Blood Type: AB
Birthplace: Ireland
Hobby: Battleship
Favorite Food: Chocolate
Best Sport: Golf
Favorite Thing: Trust
Most Hated Thing: Past

Some fan boys are already saying that Oswalds perhaps has some kind of connection with Krizalid/K' (Krizalid thought that he was Irish to).

Also, Ash fighting style is no longer 'special bubbles'; I would search for more translations, but I have to dry up 2 gin bottles before my friends beat me to it.

Cheers.

Awesome!!!! Finally, it's about time Ireland got some love. Throw in more European KOF'ers and I'll be happy. :D

Ishmael
2147th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Sun 14 Aug 03:27post reply

Going from the screen shots it looks like Yuri still has that strange looking head she sprouted back in 03.

Gojira
1808th Post

"Re(5):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Sun 14 Aug 08:53post reply

quote:
Just tell us what disturbs you in this product which cause you to feel that you have to post that you dont care?

It's quite simple: I started posting something, realized I didn't really care and relayed the thought.

Bata kun
2689th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Sun 14 Aug 17:17:post reply

quote:
I hope the select screen is animated, because it looks pretty bland...

I couldn't have said it better.

quote:
Finally, it's about time Ireland got some love.

Uh, you're six years late. Does the name "Krizalid" ring a bell?

[this message was edited by Bata kun on Sun 14 Aug 17:25]

Digitalboy
250th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(9):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Mon 15 Aug 17:34post reply

quote:
I see Digitalboy, I hope that you will somehow keep on following Naruto.And speaking of which, I recommend that you get Naruto:Uzumaki Ninden, a really fantastic 3D Naruto Action game.I just booked my copy, now of course I wait to get it, play it and enjoy it till maybe Narutimate Hero 3.

Yo Shingo, when you get the game in, tell me what you think of it. At this point I am skeptical about Naruto: Uzumaki Ninden. I don't think there will be any spoilers in the game but it just looks like a regular platform game (at least to me).

Shingo The One
612th Post

"Re(10):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Tue 16 Aug 00:44post reply

quote:

Yo Shingo, when you get the game in, tell me what you think of it. At this point I am skeptical about Naruto: Uzumaki Ninden. I don't think there will be any spoilers in the game but it just looks like a regular platform game (at least to me).

Well Digitalboy, what I do know for certain about Naruto:Uzumaki Ninden is that it is so not a platform game, but a 3D action game with fighting(taijutsu) and ninjutsu at your disposal.All the missions in the game are original, but the friends you play with(up to a three-man cell) and the enemies you face are well-known.Spoilers-wise, let's just say that allies become foes and you play with them and against them(it's up to you to find out), and you get a sneak preview concerning Naruto's forthcoming clash with Akatsuki.The rest about the game I'll know when someone posts about it when it's out this Thursday, and then, when I have it.

Sensenic
1342th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Re(10):Official KOF XI site..." , posted Fri 19 Aug 05:04:post reply

Site updated with more shots, system and Benimaru's (or from the positioning, Elizabeth's) team.

It's Branctorche. Elizabeth Branctorche. u_u;

She does look cool, tho', just like Oswald.
EDIT:
Of course, since she's French, she likes wine tasting and good wine, like Château Latour
But, come to think of it, Ash was raised in France, and she does have the looks of a tutor ( that stick at least makes me think so)... hmmm...

Za Peepaa Yomiko chan! -Nyoooon-

My philosophy professor was a flan Myself

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Fri 19 Aug 05:11]

kofoguz
134th Post

Regular Customer

"Engrish for english so ?what? for French." , posted Sun 21 Aug 10:09post reply

In another forum we're talking about elizabeths surname branctorche. But it seems meaningless to some people who knows a little french.
And Im asking this board's french speaking members what does it mean or does it mean smthng? One of the member from that forum thought they could mean "Blanc thorche" smthng like "white flame". And I thought that might be the "r" "l" pronounciation issue in Japanese. Like Marin --> Malin. Anyway here is the unnecessary question.
If its engrish for english what should use for french (if theres no current term).

Note: I should stop posting after midnight. But I cant help myself.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Iggy
7065th Post

"Re(1):Engrish for english so ?what? for Fren" , posted Sun 21 Aug 18:05post reply

It doesn't mean anything.
Even if the engrish had made it blanctorche, it should have been "blanche torche". Maybe something with "branche" (branch) ? It wouldn't mean anything either.
Also, Elisabeth is much more an english name than a french name (even though we do have Elizabeth).
And she's tall for a jockey, and horse riding is once again more english than french for female of the high society. As for wine tasting, it is a classy hobby, but it is more of a masculine one.

Finally, in french, you would have tried to NOT call a classy character by a name ending with "torche", which does mean flame, but is very ugly to hear, and can also mean amongst bad-mouthed people the action of cleaning yourself after you have shat.

Conclusion : 設定上, this character is inept.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

kofoguz
135th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Engrish for english so ?what? for Fren" , posted Sun 21 Aug 19:44post reply

quote:
Conclusion : 設定上,

I didn't get that.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Sensenic
1344th Post

"Re(2):Engrish for english so ?what? for Fren" , posted Sun 21 Aug 19:46post reply

quote:
It doesn't mean anything.
Even if the engrish had made it blanctorche, it should have been "blanche torche". Maybe something with "branche" (branch) ? It wouldn't mean anything either.
Also, Elisabeth is much more an english name than a french name (even though we do have Elizabeth).
And she's tall for a jockey, and horse riding is once again more english than french for female of the high society. As for wine tasting, it is a classy hobby, but it is more of a masculine one.

Finally, in french, you would have tried to NOT call a classy character by a name ending with "torche", which does mean flame, but is very ugly to hear, and can also mean amongst bad-mouthed people the action of cleaning yourself after you have shat.

Conclusion : 設定上, this character is inept.

Well, aren't you glad that they're at least trying? I'm "pissed" (well, I mean, not really...) that still no Spanish character has made it into KOF.

And I guess you weren't expecting for them to do it right, were you?
As a matter of fact, I was actually surprised that the wine she liked was an actual brand.

Time Mage
2227th Post

"Re(3):Engrish for english so ?what? for Fren" , posted Sun 21 Aug 20:58post reply

quote:
Well, aren't you glad that they're at least trying? I'm "pissed" (well, I mean, not really...) that still no Spanish character has made it into KOF.

BUT there's the risk of having another Lawrence Blood there (who I still don't know if he's Spanish or German, but he is horrible either way). Do you REALLY want a Spanish character, despite having such a possibility? I'm happy enough with our pschycopath ninja, blind assasin, and zombie pirate (not LeChuc, the other one).

Iggy
7067th Post

"Re(3):Engrish for english so ?what? for Fren" , posted Mon 22 Aug 01:24post reply

quote:
Well, aren't you glad that they're at least trying?

No.
quote:
And I guess you weren't expecting for them to do it right, were you?

No, indeed.
As far as settei are concerned, Shermie is the last good character to have appeared in any SNK related game if you except SS0 and Ken Samu.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

kofoguz
136th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Engrish for english so ?what? for Fren" , posted Mon 22 Aug 05:12post reply

quote:
As far as settei are concerned, Shermie is the last good character to have appeared in any SNK related game if you except SS0 and Ken Samu.

This time I send you the ultimate shermie love.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Sensenic
1346th Post

"Re(4):Engrish for english so ?what? for Fren" , posted Mon 22 Aug 05:25post reply

quote:
BUT there's the risk of having another Lawrence Blood there (who I still don't know if he's Spanish or German, but he is horrible either way). Do you REALLY want a Spanish character, despite having such a possibility? I'm happy enough with our pschycopath ninja, blind assasin, and zombie pirate (not LeChuc, the other one).

Yes. I'm curious to see what they'd come out with (of course, Lawrence Blood is just uck). ^_^; Maybe something like a Spanish Shermie could come out.

If anything I'd complain and bitch later, but for now I'm kind of... eh... tired about how Spain has been systematically ignored in KOF, with only one stage in '98.
quote:
Well, aren't you glad that they're at least trying?
No.
(...)

Well, if they hadn't tried, Shermie wouldn't have come out at all, no?

PS: What does settei mean?

kofoguz
137th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Engrish for english so ?what? for Fren" , posted Mon 22 Aug 06:41post reply

quote:
If anything I'd complain and bitch later, but for now I'm kind of... eh... tired about how Spain has been systematically ignored in KOF, with only one stage in '98.

So what should I do, there isn't even a Türkiye stage in KOF? I gave up all my hopes for a turkish fighter.
*Wipes his tears*
Even a Venezuaelen fighter but no Turkish character.
*now jumps his bed to cry for hours*

quote:

I asked same question to Iggy before and I guess i can summarize the answer. But ask Iggy for more description. Anyway it's character's background story, personality and kind of stuff. Snk do it well than crapcom. (Worst one is damn ryu In My Super Duper Honest Opinion)

Ps: How can I open a poll in the board?

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

ONSLAUGHT
3439th Post

"Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Mon 22 Aug 07:45post reply

quote:
crapcom.

Sup?
Your Super Duper Honest Opinion or smthng suckz d00d. LOL!1

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Spoilerman to the rescue!

End of Spoiler

kofoguz
138th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Mon 22 Aug 20:36post reply

quote:
crapcom.
Sup?
Your Super Duper Honest Opinion or smthng suckz d00d. LOL!1

I meant his settei. "Crapcom" wasnt intentional. My typing sukcs. Their settei sucks also.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Ishmael
2161th Post

"Re(2):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Tue 23 Aug 01:15post reply

Looking over the character list again, I noticed that Malin is in the de facto leader spot for the second string AoF team. Why did she get that position? Are there hidden depths to her personality that I don't know of? Are there any depths to her personality?

Sensenic
1349th Post

"Re(3):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Tue 23 Aug 01:39post reply

quote:
Ps: How can I open a poll in the board?

You push the button with the graph, to the right of the Ascii Art button.
Will kofoguz be able to make a poll?
yes
no
who cares

quote:
Looking over the character list again, I noticed that Malin is in the de facto leader spot for the second string AoF team. Why did she get that position? Are there hidden depths to her personality that I don't know of? Are there any depths to her personality?

Depends on when you look at it.
In KOF 2003 official's team stories she was quite the manipulator behind her team, and she made some hitmen go test (AKA, fight) the girls' team (Mai, King and... Mary, I think?) for unknown reasons. A misterious character.

But in the ending she just helped Athena with her concert and looked quite "shallower". Weird.

I have some little hopes of her having some side plot... Like, why would she gather an Anti-Kyokugenryu team?

ONSLAUGHT
3440th Post

"Re(2):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Tue 23 Aug 02:01post reply

quote:
settei

Sorry, I don't speak chinese, what the fuck is a "settei"?

Phoenix
826th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Tue 23 Aug 04:52:post reply

quote:
settei

Sorry, I don't speak chinese, what the fuck is a "settei"?

I asked same question to Iggy before and I guess i can summarize the answer. But ask Iggy for more description. Anyway it's character's background story, personality and kind of stuff. Snk do it well than crapcom. (Worst one is damn ryu In My Super Duper Honest Opinion)

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Tue 23 Aug 04:53]

Iggy
7070th Post

"Re(4):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Tue 23 Aug 07:22post reply

Oh, come on guys, it's been month I lost my last scruples about using this word here !

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

kofoguz
140th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Tue 23 Aug 07:23:post reply

quote:
"all the three posts before mine except Iggy's"

You guys are so mean.
*not sure weather Onslaught would condole him or not if he goes crying again so asks Onslaught*
Would you Onslaugt, you mighty kindhearted champion wrestler?
*Now prepares to go crying*

About Malin she suppose to be in a organization. It could be Heidern's secret agency <See ralf win quote to malin> or Nest's ghost with Ron, Misty and Angel, orrrr a new one. But we know that she's an agent and she must participate kof for her organization first high school girls for no reason now anti kyokugen team.

PS:Sensenic how can i see the result of that poll?

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Tue 23 Aug 12:46]

Ishmael
2164th Post

"Re(5):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Wed 24 Aug 00:16post reply

Ah, I had forgotten Malin's back story and didn't realize that she was some sort of improbable cloak and dagger mastermind. Then again, tricking Hinako and Athena probably isn't the toughest trick in the world.

talbaineric
6183th Post

"Re(6):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Wed 24 Aug 01:03:post reply

quote:
Ah, I had forgotten Malin's back story and didn't realize that she was some sort of improbable cloak and dagger mastermind. Then again, tricking Hinako and Athena probably isn't the toughest trick in the world.

I still have a hard time believing that Malin is related to Hinako. They don't look anything alike. I like Malin though. She's very fun to use.

Mmm....Branctorche...I'm hungry for some pastries now...

[this message was edited by talbaineric on Wed 24 Aug 01:06]

Iggy
7075th Post

"Re(7):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Wed 24 Aug 03:18post reply

quote:
I still have a hard time believing that Malin is related to Hinako.

Good thing, because they are not.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Cain Highwind
597th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Wed 24 Aug 03:25post reply

quote:
I still have a hard time believing that Malin is related to Hinako.
Good thing, because they are not.

Yeah that was an early rumor going around during the loketests for 03. If you read the official story you can tell they definitely don't know each other.

And while we're at why do we have a KoF topic with the title about FFVII characters, where did that come from?

Sensenic
1354th Post

"Re(7):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Wed 24 Aug 03:31:post reply

quote:
PS:Sensenic how can i see the result of that poll?

Voting.
quote:
About Malin she suppose to be in a organization. It could be Heidern's secret agency <See ralf win quote to malin> or Nest's ghost with Ron, Misty and Angel, orrrr a new one. But we know that she's an agent and she must participate kof for her organization first high school girls for no reason now anti kyokugen team.

From where do we know she's an agent?
*rereads High School Girls' story*
Ah, ok. ^_^
quote:

quote:
I still have a hard time believing that Malin is related to Hinako. They don't look anything alike. I like Malin though. She's very fun to use.

Were they? I think the comments started to appear after the first blurry images because they looked similar, but no info about it came out afterwards. Plus, Hinako doesn't know Malin in their story.
EDIT:I'm editing this post, 'cuz I forgot to add this was an edit before. Yeah, right.
quote:
And while we're at why do we have a KoF topic with the title about FFVII characters, where did that come from?

Well, Onslaught was replying 'his way' to an apparently rude post by kofoguz --> He sucks --> Turks suck --> Who're the Turks? Take a guess... ^_^;

And while we're at it, I'll say you can't trust Turkish girls because you never know whether they're blue or green. And if you pick/grab/get/acquire one of 'em, you're drunk.

Certainly.

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Wed 24 Aug 03:45]

insan
23th Post

New Customer

"Re(8):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Fri 26 Aug 00:12post reply

quote:

Well, Onslaught was replying 'his way' to an apparently rude post by kofoguz --> He sucks --> Turks suck --> Who're the Turks? Take a guess... ^_^;

And while we're at it, I'll say you can't trust Turkish girls because you never know whether they're blue or green. And if you pick/grab/get/acquire one of 'em, you're drunk.

Certainly.

What the hell those 2 paragraphs mean?

Sensenic
1357th Post

"Re(9):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Fri 26 Aug 06:06post reply

quote:

Hahaha... don't worry, I wasn't insulting anyone. Lessee:
quote:

Here, I was just trying to guess the reasoning behind why Onslaught put FFVII characters in a thread about KOF, cuz Cain asked.

If you haven't played that game, those characters (Reno, Rude and Elena) are part of an organization called the Turks.

And...
quote:

90% of my "original humor" are easy non-funny puns. Learned from my father.

Well, so... there's this color called "Turquoise" which is a blue that seems green... or a green that seems blue. It's not clear enough, so it has its own name.
Now, the name of this color in Catalan, "turquesa", means (well, doesn't literally mean but sounds like it does) "Turkish girl/woman".

Hence, Turkish girls --> "Turqueses" --> you can't trust them because you never know if they're green or blue. Thassit.

As for the drunkness... there's this expression in Spanish "coger una turca", that literally translates to "to pick/grab/get a Turkish girl/woman" which actually means "to get drunk".

Hence, you grab a Turkish girl --> you're drunk. Thassit too.

They just came to my head.
quote:
Certainly.

Certainly.

Shingo The One
616th Post

"KOF XI update" , posted Sat 27 Aug 18:41post reply

quote:

Damn! I forgot to add link!

Hey guys, www.cyberfanatix.com has got the so far definitive summary on the general gameplay and a few character changes.Here's the whole summary text:
General Info:
- C+D attacks are back. They are done either by C+D or 'the fifth button' E (All the Kof2003 characters have new CD animation)
- There is a new kind of recovery roll by pressing "Forward A+B" when player touches the ground. The character performs a forward recovery roll instead of usual backward. However this new recovery roll has same the properties as the basic one, and player cannot block during recovery animation.
- The power gauge very difficult to fill without touching the opponent. You can't fill your gauge quietly in the corner; you'll have to attack your opponent.
- The Skill gauge fills on its own with time (like MAX2 in Neowave) and there is no other way to fill it, you can store two levels and you can utilize it in following ways:
Super Cancels: You need one power gauge level and one skill gauge level to perform a super cancel. If you want to super cancel an LDM, you'll need two power stocks and one skill stock.
Saving Tag: Like Marvel Vs Capcom series, it is possible to cancel a blocked attack into a tag. And contrary to beta test, the new character who comes to save you hits the opponent to corner of the screen. Thus, a defense cannot be transformed into a combo, as it was the case of the dash-cancel in SVC chaos. Note that the saving tag cost two skill stocks.
Combo Tag: The Tags attacks of KOF2003 are gone .In KOFXI, it is possible to cancel any cancellable move into a tag (A+C or B+D), Your next character will come and stun your opponent (like a KOF 2003 tag attack), allowing you to continue your combo (we still don't know if we can have the time to jump before the combo). Note that the Combo Tag costs one skill stock.
Normal Tag: There is no more time delay between Normal Tag. You are free to switch characters whenever you want. However, there is nothing abusive about this system, because the normal tag leaves your next character vulnerable to attacks, so this switch is risky and can be done only under particular conditions. However, the advantage is, that it is now possible combo with the 3 characters! (eg: Kyo: jump C, C, tag, Iori: C, tag, K': C, before A Leader DM). But note that Tag combo with 3 characters is not really abusive, because two Tags in a combo cost two skill stocks for just two additional hits.

- KOFXI has Stun gauge. Like the Street Fighters 3 series, a gauge for stun is on the top of the life gauge. Once filled, the character gets dizzy. Every character has its own stun gauge and resistibility.
- The Skill Balance is another new thing in KOF XI. The Time Over Wins is no longer decided by who has the most life. It is now the skill balance who does . There is 3 ways to make the balance goes in your side:
1. Hit the oppenent (Fastest way).
2. Go toward the opponent (Like GGXX).
3. Attack the opponent while he guards.
- Guard Crush is same KOF2002. The life gauge start flashing when your guard is about be crushed .
- Grabs are same by pressing Forward C or D. It is also possible by pressing C+D. However a missed grab leads to C+D (E button). Like CVS2, if an unsuccessful grab is done, a miss-grab animation is performed.
- Like KOF2003 only leader can perform the LDM. Also the leader has a new cancel called "Dream Cancel" which allows him to cancel a DM by a LDM. This cancel need a skill gauge level and 3 power gauge levels (1 for the DM and 2 for the LDM). Small innovation, it is finally possible to change leader between two different versus matches.

Character Info:
- Ash’s fireball (C version) is a slower
- His qcfx2 C DM speed is also decided by the button you use (C for fast, A for slow).
- Oswald has a three hit move like Iori
- His Dragon punch like Heidern.
- Shen’s qcb A first hit crushes guard.
- He has a new roll animation .
- Elizabeth has a Dragon punch perfomed vertically,
- A special move of her does a projectile combo.
- Duolon’s Genmu Hishou Keikou (qcb K) can be done in the air now.
- His Suishu Ransaiki doesn’t stun the opponent anymore and it can followed up only by a super cancel. Bye bye infinite!
- Terry’s Burning Knuckle has quicker recovery.
- His Buster Wolf DM is same as Garou now. You cannot counter it with fireball anymore like KOF2003.
- Kim f B has a new follow-up (A sliding kick). It is no longer an overhead
- His Hishou Kyaku (d K in air) has time delay (like Dong Hwan).
- Duck King has his Break Spiral.
- His leader DM is his P power from Wild Ambition
- B.Jenet’s LDM is her hiding Ppower from MOTW. You do not need to guard before performing it.
- Gato can hit after his air dash (qcb P, A)
- Tizoc can use his Olympus Over (qcb K) in the air.
- Ryo has a new move (f C ) like Ryu’s f HP in SSFX2.
- Yuri can hold her air projectile during her jump by holding the button.
- King got her Surprise Rose back.
- The speed of Malin’s moves have been changed and her game play is totaly different from KOF2003.
- Kasumi have an new anti-air grab, like Goro Daimon.
- Most of Eiji’s special moves can be followed . His move (Qcf , Hcb P) is a DM.
- Ralf’s DP is unblockable and projectiles cannot hit him during it.
- Clark’s Gatling Attack is back.
- Whip has a new DM.
- Her Boomerang shot (hcf P) has quicker recovery, and can be used to pressure opponents.
- Vanessa’s Dashing Upper (b~f P) move animation has new dust effect.
- Her One Two (f A) has a new animation.
- Mary’s Splash Rose DM is back.
- Ramon’s far C animation is changed.
- He has a new grab that make the oppenent run and bounce off the corner (Like Shermie’s HSDM in KOF2002).
- Athena has her KOF 98 Grab back.
- She can perform her teleport in the air.
- Kensou has new fighting style. A mix between his psycho powers (1998/2002) and Kung Fu (1999/2000).
- He got his burning knuckles like move from KOF99.
- He also has a new move. Its a palm like yun/yang and it can crush low guard.
- Momoko is a Capoera fighter
- She has a lot of combo possibilities and follow ups, like a second version of Angel with Bob Wilson fighting style.
- K’ can perform a Narrow Spike as follow-up of his projectile.
- He has a new CD, and he can hit after his CD without a counter hit.
- Kula’s DP now does 3 hits.
- She has an air projectile with a nice effect (Saint Seiya like)
- Maxima has a new far Standing D like Daimon (Anti air).
- A new Jump D
- And he can cancel his Vapour canon (like KOFMI)
- Kyo has his projectile back. Done with qcb P.
- Iori’s Ura 316 Shiki: Saika is now a DM.
- Shingo’s DP K is performed even if he miss the target.
It's long, but I hope you enjoy the update.

aderack
149th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):KOF XI update" , posted Sat 27 Aug 19:26post reply

quote:
King got her Surprise Rose back.

!

quote:
The speed of Malin’s moves have been changed and her game play is totaly different from KOF2003.

?

quote:
Vanessa’s One Two (f A) has a new animation.

<3

quote:
Kyo has his projectile back. Done with qcb P.

That's right. Keep forgetting this.

kofoguz
140th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Sat 27 Aug 19:59post reply

Thanks sensenic, I didnt get the joke.And i dont mean to be rude and type "crapcom". But why onslaught do you love capcom to insult my nation, even in a indirect way?

Anyway I wasnt in cafe for a while. Cause i was preparing to enter the art faculty (animation part). Ive finished exams this morning and result are gonna announce tonight (Guys wish me luck, please). So i hardly find a chance to get in net because of that.
Here something
If you read this, or find it uninteresting, sorry about that.

Again, why onslaught, why? Onsie... Onswald..

End of Spoiler

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

ONSLAUGHT
3444th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Sun 28 Aug 02:59:post reply

quote:
Thanks sensenic, I didnt get the joke.And i dont mean to be rude and type "crapcom". But why onslaught do you love capcom to insult my nation, even in a indirect way?

I didn't insult your nation, I did insult you though.
And don't bullshit me with that "I typed "crapcom" by accident" (unless you have a magic keyboard with the R besides the C or A). It's fine to dislike Capcom or even insult it, but stand up for what you believe in dammit, don't be a pussy. I would have been happy if you replied with a "Yes, I said crapcom, what are you going to do about it, you piece of shit"? or something like that.

And you STILL suck.

End of Spoiler

[this message was edited by ONSLAUGHT on Sun 28 Aug 03:01]

Iggy
7094th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Sun 28 Aug 03:11post reply

I must be emo.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

insan
25th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(10):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Sun 28 Aug 04:37:post reply

quote:
Hahaha... don't worry, I wasn't insulting anyone. Lessee:
Here, I was just trying to guess the reasoning behind why Onslaught put FFVII characters in a thread about KOF, cuz Cain asked.

If you haven't played that game, those characters (Reno, Rude and Elena) are part of an organization called the Turks.

And...
90% of my "original humor" are easy non-funny puns. Learned from my father.

Well, so... there's this color called "Turquoise" which is a blue that seems green... or a green that seems blue. It's not clear enough, so it has its own name.
Now, the name of this color in Catalan, "turquesa", means (well, doesn't literally mean but sounds like it does) "Turkish girl/woman".

Hence, Turkish girls --> "Turqueses" --> you can't trust them because you never know if they're green or blue. Thassit.

As for the drunkness... there's this expression in Spanish "coger una turca", that literally translates to "to pick/grab/get a Turkish girl/woman" which actually means "to get drunk".

Hence, you grab a Turkish girl --> you're drunk. Thassit too.

They just came to my head.
Certainly.
Certainly.

Don't worry, I did not get offended or anything. It is just that what you said made no sense to me.
By the way, don't take it personally but you suck at making jokes... 1 out of how many million would be able to understand them?

By the way, Oğuz's keyboard is really phucked up, yes an R even may appear out of nowhere.

And Oğuz, stop the phuck away with spoilering.

[this message was edited by insan on Sun 28 Aug 05:07]

ONSLAUGHT
3445th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Sun 28 Aug 05:27post reply

quote:

By the way, don't take it personally but you suck at making jokes... 1 out of how many million would be able to understand them?

Indeed, trying to translate local jokes won't give you good results with people. I speak spanish and I didn't understand what the hell was he talking about.
quote:
By the way, Oğuz's keyboard is really phucked up, yes an R even may appear out of nowhere.

And Oğuz, stop the phuck away with spoilering.

And I think your keyboard is really fucked up, because it changes the F into PH

And damn you Iggy, the computer I'm using at work doesn't have any sound, but seeing those pics made me die a little inside, because I have a pic of me with my hair covering half of my face AND with a black t-shirt, but I didn't know about this emo crap when I took it a few years ago.

Sensenic
1358th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Sun 28 Aug 05:42post reply

quote:

Indeed, trying to translate local jokes won't give you good results with people. I speak spanish and I didn't understand what the hell was he talking about.

Oh, don't worry:
1- That it won't give good results - I know.

2- That I suck at making jokes - Most certainly I know. Hey, I never said jokes, I said "non-funny puns", which I got used to make a long time ago, just like my father did (and does).

3- It was not to be "understood", it was cryptic on purpose, so you'd read it and think "WTF? o_O"

Anyway, it was just a stupid PS to a rather on-topic post, nothing else

Certainly.
quote:
And damn you Iggy, the computer I'm using at work doesn't have any sound, but seeing those pics made me die a little inside, because I have a pic of me with my hair covering half of my face AND with a black t-shirt, but I didn't know about this emo crap when I took it a few years ago.

I don't know about it now. Someone care to explain, please?

ONSLAUGHT
3446th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Sun 28 Aug 06:02post reply

quote:

3- It was not to be "understood", it was cryptic on purpose, so you'd read it and think "WTF? o_O"

If the idea was being "cryptic", then your explanation of the joke defeated the purpose of it.
quote:
I don't know about it now. Someone care to explain, please?

Go read Iggy's last post.

kofoguz
143th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Sun 28 Aug 15:37:post reply

quote:
It's fine to dislike Capcom or even insult it, but stand up for what you believe in dammit, don't be a pussy. I would have been happy if you replied with a "Yes, I said crapcom, what are you going to do about it, you piece of shit"? or something like that.

Nobody except Ryu.
Im not being pussy about saying i didnt mean to say crapcom.I said that coz I really didnt mean to. The only thing i dislike about capcom is their ignorance to 2D fighting games (And Ryu-I hate him very deeply.)I like capcom a lot nearly as much as snk.I dont need to prove it though. Why would i say it why i dont think capcom sucks.I was saying their settei sucks as Iggy said it before.(But I dont think some darkstalker characters have awful settei's).
And Im not apologizing or afraid of you. My keyboard is not magical but my fingers twisted when i try to type fast.

quote:
I didn't insult your nation, I did insult you though.

Then its fine. But I guess meaning "Turks suck" could be misunderstood.

EDIT:I realize nobody wished me luck for my test results. I learned the result last night that i couldnt pass. Ill try again next year.thanks for your support.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Sun 28 Aug 15:48]

Time Mage
2232th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Sun 28 Aug 20:01post reply

quote:
EDIT:I realize nobody wished me luck for my test results. I learned the result last night that i couldnt pass. Ill try again next year.thanks for your support.

Sorry, it's really our fault for not supporting you. If we have supported you you would have passed...

Come on!! Don't say such things here, unles you want to degrade your reputation even more. I'm sorry you couldn't pass, but whining about the lack of support looks really bad.

Pollyanna
1348th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Sun 28 Aug 20:17post reply

Do you hear that, Onslaught? He's not afraid of you. That's like a magic word to defeat monsters and bullies. I don't know how many children's shows I've seen where monsters grow smaller and smaller when people say they aren't afraid of them. Bullies, of course, lose their power that way as well. Your days are numbered. I'm not afraid of you.

ONSLAUGHT
3447th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Sun 28 Aug 21:49post reply

quote:
Your days are numbered. I'm not afraid of you.

Could this be the end of lovable Onsy?
What a way to start a day!

insan
25th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Mon 29 Aug 00:30post reply

quote:

Sorry, it's really our fault for not supporting you. If we have supported you you would have passed...

Come on!! Don't say such things here, unles you want to degrade your reputation even more. I'm sorry you couldn't pass, but whining about the lack of support looks really bad.

Why the hell you take it seriously anyway? It was just a joke, not sarcasm.

Zepy
1109th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(6):Re(10):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Mon 29 Aug 00:32post reply

Good luck for your test results.

Digitalboy
252th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Reno, Rude and Elena suck!" , posted Mon 29 Aug 00:56post reply

quote:

Why the hell you take it seriously anyway? It was just a joke, not sarcasm.

Good luck for your test results.

For the love of everything big and small, demand a recount.

Better yet, you CAN create the poll of your dreams.

kofoguz
144th Post

Regular Customer

"why?" , posted Tue 30 Aug 07:47post reply

quote:
Do you hear that, Onslaught? He's not afraid of you. That's like a magic word to defeat monsters and bullies. I don't know how many children's shows I've seen where monsters grow smaller and smaller when people say they aren't afraid of them. Bullies, of course, lose their power that way as well. Your days are numbered. I'm not afraid of you.

You too,Polyanna?
He was saying "you were being pussy about...blah blah" And then i say why would i lie about this. Okay Onsy could broke every bones of mine, but not from internet, could he?
So why i should lie about that "crapcom" thing?
About support issue, I'm not believeing magical things like lovefully wishes all around the world could help me to pass my test without studiing enough. But it would be nice gesture but it wasnt necessary. I wasnt holding my breathe either. When i learn that i fail, I write a small joke. Is this unbearable that much?
I wanna say that I like this forum very much (especially iggys posts), I make mistakes of course, but im not a child.
Nah no more explanation... Im going to enjoy this cafe anyway.

So, can I have hamburger?

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Time Mage
2235th Post

"Re(1):why?" , posted Tue 30 Aug 08:35post reply

quote:
About support issue, I'm not believeing magical things like lovefully wishes all around the world could help me to pass my test without studiing enough. But it would be nice gesture but it wasnt necessary. I wasnt holding my breathe either. When i learn that i fail, I write a small joke. Is this unbearable that much?

I kinda overreacted to that. My apologies.

kofoguz
146th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):why?" , posted Tue 30 Aug 08:53post reply

quote:
I kinda overreacted to that. My apologies.

Thanks. But it doesnt matter.You're polite.

Actually I had another test in my hometown but its not animation class, its education faculty the art teaching class. I hope this one would result good. I'll try animation next year. Wish me luck.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Pollyanna
1358th Post

"Re(3):why?" , posted Tue 30 Aug 14:29post reply

Kofoguz: I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings or gang up on you, but I was picking on you... possibly taunting you. It's just part of being here. It's nothing personal. I would have said the exact same thing if anyone else said what you said.

kofoguz
147th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):why?" , posted Tue 30 Aug 20:11post reply

quote:
Kofoguz: I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings or gang up on you, but I was picking on you... possibly taunting you. It's just part of being here. It's nothing personal. I would have said the exact same thing if anyone else said what you said.

Actually, I realized that. After Onslaught wiped my tears weeks ago. So Im not mad at Onslaught,too. I know this cafe is full of sarcastic people (Thats why i love this cafe so much -eventhough I become the "victim"- ).
But Im sure you're all kindhearted.
*Looks at your name*

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

ONSLAUGHT
3452th Post

"NO" , posted Wed 31 Aug 01:19post reply

quote:

That's slander, my heart is as black as my conscience!

insan
26th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):NO" , posted Wed 31 Aug 02:35post reply

quote:

Wrestling is GAY.:rolleyes:
Just ask kikkoken.

kofoguz
154th Post

Regular Customer

"Blackheart" , posted Wed 31 Aug 07:19:post reply

quote:

But in the deep of your heart, there's light and brightness. I saw it. You can ignore but you cant get rid of it.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Wed 31 Aug 08:08]

Final-hero
9th Post

New Customer

"Still hoping" , posted Thu 1 Sep 03:55post reply

Anyone think that Rock Howard might have a chance at a KOF game? =D

...unnecessary suffer is masochist rather than heroic.

Shingo The One
625th Post

"Re(1):Still hoping" , posted Thu 1 Sep 04:14post reply

quote:

Well my friend, there is still hope we might get to see him in The King Of Fighters, but for that, we have to wait for the game that continues the story of The King Of Fighters XI.

Worth dying for. Worth killing for. Worth going to hell for. Amen.

Sensenic
1361th Post

"Re(1):Blackheart" , posted Thu 1 Sep 05:53post reply

quote:

But in the deep of your heart, there's light and brightness. I saw it. You can ignore but you cant get rid of it.

No, no, no, no... read the script again.

Before this ONSY had to say "oguz, I am your father", "Search your feelings, you know it's true", "we'll rule the galaxy as father and son" et caetera.

-tsk- how un-geeky

kofoguz
155th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Blackheart" , posted Thu 1 Sep 07:55post reply

quote:
-tsk- how un-geeky

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Ishmael
2176th Post

"Re(1):Still hoping" , posted Thu 1 Sep 23:31post reply

quote:

KoF:MI?

kofoguz
162th Post

Regular Customer

"KOF XI site updated." , posted Thu 8 Sep 19:36post reply

With system explanation and story sections. Garou teams turn and ten new screenshots.
I cant wait to see translation of main story and ash team story.

It looks like theyll continue with eleven teams. I got a tiny hope for one or two teams still but... Why just eleven teams?

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Digitalboy
257th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):KOF XI site updated." , posted Thu 8 Sep 20:44post reply

quote:
With system explanation and story sections. Garou teams turn and ten new screenshots.

Welcome to last week. Did you just bump up the thread to be on top?

Shingo The One
634th Post

"KOF XI site big update" , posted Thu 8 Sep 20:50post reply

quote:

No Digitalboy, what he just mentioned is in fact this week's update. And the story section in the site shows only the game's main story. For a little bit longer, no team stories. That's all there is for now.

Iggy
7195th Post

"Re(1):KOF XI site big update" , posted Thu 8 Sep 20:55:post reply

The game story is void (they resume 03) and the hero team story is a self parody.
They aren't even trying.

Also, Shishiô (not Shin shishiô) is playable in Nejibako.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 8 Sep 20:56]

burning kyo
2362th Post

"Re(2):KOF XI site big update" , posted Thu 8 Sep 22:19post reply

quote:
the hero team story is a self parody.
They aren't even trying.

can you explain more about it ?
i'm curious about oswald's entry

[welcome to the devil's nest]

Iggy
7197th Post

"Re(3):KOF XI site big update" , posted Thu 8 Sep 22:47post reply

quote:
can you explain more about it ?

A character and one sidekick are [somewhere]
- I don't like [or I like] this place.
- Yes, but we're not here for tourism !
(laughs)
- Hey, look at that [weird person] over there !
- Do you think it's.... "our contact" ?
- ..... [in a mysterious tone] maybe...

Here you have 70% of most KOF team stories. the only difference is the effort put by the writter to make the situation believable. And not much as been put this year.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

insan
27th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):KOF XI site updated." , posted Thu 8 Sep 23:23post reply

quote:

Why the hell are you being an ass? If you do know the site was updated, what is the point of reading and replying here in the first place? What is it to you if he bumps it, does it hurt your eyes?

I am happy that he noticed the updating, this is the first time I am hearing of it.

God, I just can not understand why the hell people suddenly start to act like asses. What do they think that they will gain?

Kikkoken
978th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):KOF XI site big update" , posted Thu 8 Sep 23:25post reply

Let me confirm without quoting what Insan said a few posts above.

Shin Ramberk
174th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):KOF XI site big update" , posted Fri 9 Sep 00:53post reply

Okay everyone give each other a hug. Here's a question/request. Can someone make a list of the different parody moves that Yuri got through out the KOFs. I know she's had a Shun Goku Satsui and Shin Shoryuken, but there's been more hasn't there? I wonder if she got a parody move in KOF XI. Did she get one in 2K2 and 2K3?

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

shindekudasai
97th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):KOF XI site big update" , posted Fri 9 Sep 01:01post reply

It all began in '96 (I think) when she got Sakura's hurricane kick rip-off. Then in '97 she started using the Chou-Reppa (Midare Zakura ripoff). '98 saw the introduction of the Shin! Chou-Upper as part of EX Yuri's movelist. '99 gave her Sakura's upskirt command attack and chargeable fireball. Can't remember if it was 99 or 2k, but one year she had both Super Uppercut parodies. 2001 gave her a Raging Demon, 2002 made the RaiOhKen more like the Zankuu Hadoken, and in 2003 she gained a Denjin HaouShoKoKen. I'm -pretty sure- that's all of them.

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

Ishmael
2186th Post

"Re(7):KOF XI site big update" , posted Fri 9 Sep 04:58post reply

quote:
It all began in '96 (I think) when she got Sakura's hurricane kick rip-off. Then in '97 she started using the Chou-Reppa (Midare Zakura ripoff). '98 saw the introduction of the Shin! Chou-Upper as part of EX Yuri's movelist. '99 gave her Sakura's upskirt command attack and chargeable fireball. Can't remember if it was 99 or 2k, but one year she had both Super Uppercut parodies. 2001 gave her a Raging Demon, 2002 made the RaiOhKen more like the Zankuu Hadoken, and in 2003 she gained a Denjin HaouShoKoKen. I'm -pretty sure- that's all of them.

Does her Chou Knuckle move count as well even though it's not an inter-company homage? Geez, I like Yuri a lot more when she uses her own fighting style and not distaff versions of moves from other characters.

aderack
159th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Still hoping" , posted Fri 9 Sep 07:58post reply

quote:

KoF:MI?

That's a Fatal Fury game. Or more specifically, it's Maximum Impact.

Ishmael
2187th Post

"Re(3):Still hoping" , posted Fri 9 Sep 08:45post reply

quote:

That's a Fatal Fury game. Or more specifically, it's Maximum Impact.

That's true, with it's sort of 3D, sort of not gameplay and kooky combo system Kof:MI is more or less a FF game. But if it's FF, why are popular SNK characters like Kyo and Iori in it instead of guys like Cheng Sinzan and Bob Wilson... or did I just answer my own question?

aderack
160th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Still hoping" , posted Fri 9 Sep 12:53post reply

I don't know. But that guy from SNK in that interview a week or two ago said it was intended as the continuation of the FF/AoF series, and that people should think of it that way instead of as a 3D version of KOF. So.

kofoguz
164th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):KOF XI site big update" , posted Fri 9 Sep 14:59post reply

quote:
Okay everyone give each other a hug. Here's a question/request. Can someone make a list of the different parody moves that Yuri got through out the KOFs. I know she's had a Shun Goku Satsui and Shin Shoryuken, but there's been more hasn't there? I wonder if she got a parody move in KOF XI. Did she get one in 2K2 and 2K3?

If you watch the vid again (not being ass) Yuris air ldm starts with parody of sakura's air kick attack. The one caught by kasumi's ldm.

Thanks for your support Insan and Kikkoken. And digitalboy the system part WAS also updated. Operation and New system. Go check it.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

shin ramberk
175th Post

Regular Customer

"Another Question" , posted Thu 15 Sep 22:17post reply

Another question, has anybody seen or heard more about the customized attacks SNK Playmore has done with the characters? An example of what I'm talking about is that Kyo shouts specific things at Iori when doing his specials. I can't remember specific examples but I know this was briefly mentioned in an older KOF XI thread.

So far no one has put up a movelist or data sheet on KOF XI at gamefaqs.com.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

kofoguz
189th Post

Regular Customer

"Hayate from Savage Reign is in KOF XI." , posted Thu 29 Sep 18:57:post reply

Might be fake but theres a picture in snk-capcom posted by edisonchen.
the link

My hopes getting bigger for more teams.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Thu 29 Sep 19:02]

Pollyanna
1444th Post

"Re(1):Hayate from Savage Reign is in KOF XI." , posted Thu 29 Sep 19:16post reply

quote:
the link

That's cute how they're complaining about how it might mess up the plot consistency that's already been messed up.

Fygee
1215th Post

"Re(2):Hayate from Savage Reign is in KOF XI." , posted Thu 29 Sep 19:39post reply

quote:
That's cute how they're complaining about how it might mess up the plot consistency that's already been messed up.

Its messed up to be sure, but adding Hayate REALLY messes things up. There better be a time machine built into that damn boomerang of his.

kofoguz
190th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Hayate from Savage Reign is in KOF XI." , posted Thu 29 Sep 20:46post reply

quote:

Its messed up to be sure, but adding Hayate REALLY messes things up. There better be a time machine built into that damn boomerang of his.

I dont think it will mess up kof's story.Kof's main mission is destroy others story.

BTW SNKp has updated in game section.You can download New NBC vid named "BOSS", previewing mizuchi neo-dio and shishioh. Also new screenshots and story for AOF team and Vanessa team is on character profiles in kofXI site.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Sensenic
1372th Post

"Re(1):Hayate from Savage Reign is in KOF XI." , posted Thu 29 Sep 20:53post reply

quote:
the link

Where's the pic? Me can't see.

Shingo The One
649th Post

"Iggy-san, KOF XI new test report" , posted Thu 29 Sep 21:08post reply

quote:
The game story is void (they resume 03) and the hero team story is a self parody.
They aren't even trying.

So, with exactly one more month to go until the awaited release of The King Of Fighters XI, someone from the SNK-Capcom.com forums has posted a link with a full report regarding a secret third loke(location) test for the game, with (supposedly) even more unexpected surprises regarding the game than ever. It's all in Japanese, so please Iggy-san, check it out and note anything and everything that's new.
www.h6.dion.ne.jp/~code-nt/text/kof11-locationtest.html
There's also the latest issue of Arcadia Magazine to look forward to, cause it'll have their second look at KOFXI. Can't wait for the always important, always essential information.

kofoguz
191th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Hayate from Savage Reign is in KOF XI." , posted Fri 30 Sep 05:16post reply

quote:

I guess you need to register to see it. Ok , here is the easy way:

Gai Tendou
Hayate

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Sensenic
1373th Post

"Re(3):Hayate from Savage Reign is in KOF XI." , posted Fri 30 Sep 16:08post reply

quote:

Gai Tendou
Hayate

Thanks!

Shingo The One
650th Post

"So what's new about KOF XI?" , posted Fri 30 Sep 21:55post reply

quote:

Gai Tendou
Hayate

Thanks!

So, with the rumor(the one that mentioned that this charater would show up) ending up to be not a rumor, this means we got two characters, this one and Gai, who have nothing to do with KOF, and yet are in The King Of Fighters XI. I have to ask, has the latest issue of Arcadia Magazine, out now, mention anything about this, since it has their second article on KOFXI? And has anyone, especially you Iggy-san, check out the test report link I gave out the other day? If not, no problem, I'll post it again:
Hope to receive some new interesting updates the soonest possible.

Red Falcon
5589th Post

"Re(1):So what's new about KOF XI?" , posted Sat 1 Oct 00:43post reply

quote:

...this means we got two characters, this one and Gai, who have nothing to do with KOF, and yet are in The King Of Fighters XI.
Actually, Ryo is in Buriki One, so Gai being here is perfectly believable (not like fighting games have particularly strong stories or don't change all the time, anyway)

Best site EVER:Link Here

aderack
178th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):So what's new about KOF XI?" , posted Sat 1 Oct 04:46post reply

Would work even better if they'd swap out Young Ryo for Mr. Karate. Would be about the right time for it, what with Terry already having changed sprites.

Gojira
1851th Post

"Re(3):So what's new about KOF XI?" , posted Sat 1 Oct 06:12post reply

quote:
Would work even better if they'd swap out Young Ryo for Mr. Karate. Would be about the right time for it, what with Terry already having changed sprites.

That's the least of it, seeing as we've got Gato, Griffin and now B. Jenet all at their MotW ages.

"oh man that was my 3k post. jeebus."
-exodus' 3001st post

aderack
179th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):So what's new about KOF XI?" , posted Sat 1 Oct 06:31post reply

quote:
That's the least of it, seeing as we've got Gato, Griffin and now B. Jenet all at their MotW ages.

Well, yes. Point being that Terry's been updated, so there's precedent for an aging character within the context of the series proper. Thanks to NGBC they even have the edited sprite sitting right there, so it wouldn't take any particular work.

The MotW characters are kind of beside the point, considering the funhouse-mirror relationship of KOF to SNK's other series. I'm just talking internally.

Shingo The One
651th Post

"About my KOF XI questions" , posted Sat 1 Oct 15:06post reply

quote:

Gai Tendou
Hayate

So, with the rumor(the one that mentioned that this charater would show up) ending up to be not a rumor, this means we got two characters, this one and Gai, who have nothing to do with KOF, and yet are in The King Of Fighters XI. I have to ask, has the latest issue of Arcadia Magazine, out now, mention anything about this, since it has their second article on KOFXI? And has anyone, especially you Iggy-san, check out the test report link I gave out the other day? If not, no problem, I'll post it again:
Hope to receive some new interesting updates the soonest possible.

Hey guys, can someone please me tell me what has happened to Iggy-san? I so need him to check out this link that I got two days ago regarding a KOFXI new location test report, but somehow I still got no response. I'll post the link again so that someone, anyone, can see and translate:
Also, has anyone gotten their hands on the latest issue of Arcadia Magazine, which just came out? Because this latest issue has their second article on The King Of Fighters XI. I hope someone will come and give me and us some fresh good news regarding this game, since it's coming out this month.

LOVE AND PEACE

EddyT
518th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):About my KOF XI questions" , posted Sat 1 Oct 16:12post reply

quote:

Hey guys, can someone please me tell me what has happened to Iggy-san? I so need him to check out this link that I got two days ago regarding a KOFXI new location test report, but somehow I still got no response.

You're not the boss of him.

aderack
181th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):About my KOF XI questions" , posted Sat 1 Oct 22:51:post reply

Anyway, I was surprised there wasn't a Buriki team in 2003, then maybe not so surprised there wasn't in XI -- though it still seemed an oversight to me. Baby steps, I guess.

Hayate's a little stranger. What the hell, though. If the Art of Fighting cast can get yanked forward fifteen years or so, no reason the Kizuna cast can't get yanked back thirty years. Just call Kim Sue Il the brother of Kim Kap Hwan, for the purposes of KOF. Hey, gives us another Korean!

* Kim Kap Hwan
* Kim Sue Il
* Kim Dong Hwan
* Kim Jae Hoon
* Jhun Hoon
* Chae Lim
* May Lee Jinju
* Choi Bounge
* Chang Koehan
* That Jhun Prototype Guy

We could start a whole Korean fighting game.

[this message was edited by aderack on Sat 1 Oct 22:55]

kofoguz
196th Post

Regular Customer

"Ash team story translated...." , posted Sun 2 Oct 02:10post reply

Credits to cyberfanatix and Ayako Yajima.
Enjoy.

Ash team story (main character team story)

>>DUBLIN, the capital of Ireland.
It is an old and new city of most remarkable economic development in the recent years of Europe.
This land was covered with glacier more than 10,000 years ago,
however, the cold of
winter would be not that severe thanks to the ocean current.

"......Shen, you are liar."
"I said it was not SO cold, Ash."
Ash was wrapped in a coat and his small body was still shaking. This city is almost the same temperature
as Moscow and
Hokkaido in the cold days. Now it's only a fresh temperature.
They went into alley from Grafton Street.
There are a lot of pubs in Ireland. Also inside the alley.
Along several pubs which hang
small signboards, they chose THE one, and opened the door.
This is the typical Irish pub, there were ten table seats and bar stools. The place looked a bit empty though there were some regular guests in the pub, they might be
neighbours as they are well-known and the mood was quite relaxed.
In one of the tables, there was a middle-aged gentleman who was playing cards.
"Ash, is that our man?"
"Maybe"
"Hey, you ...... well, ermm... 'Have Shamrock flowers bloomed?' "
The gentleman stopped moving and looked at Shen.
"... You seem to wait for someone"
The old gentleman made a suspicious expression.
"DAMN, it's not him! Go on, Old man"
Ash has already sat on the bar.
"Well. I'd like a stout (dark beer), but do you have something warm to drink?"
The bartender, whom didn’t seem to know what was doing, served him a drink with a pleasant smile.
"Irish coffee is the best drink when it's so cold. Are you a traveler? Welcome to
Dublin."
"Yeah. gimme an Irish coffee too, please." Shen asked to the pubkeeper.
Irish Coffee: Hot cocktail made with Irish whisky, sugar, whipped cream and
coffee.
The delicious aroma went around the whole place.

"Hey guys, if you have a time, how about a game?"
The mid-aged man invited them while he was shuffling the cards.
It is a man who has considerable stature. His arms and
legs are slender but
nevertheless weak. There was some weight of power on him but his
manners were exquisite.
"He,he,he, it is good. OK, come'on!"
"Shen, really you have a weakness for gaming, eh?"
"What about poker? Woops, forgot, bridge it's more played locally, right?"
"That in England. wanna play poker? Okay then..."
The suited gentleman distributed 5 cards each, dealing one card per turn.
"Though you may bet whenever one card is distributed, anyway... Open
the game, please."
"......"
Shen's expression started to change gradually, grinning more and more, with an air of
confidence. Ash was grinning too, but that was his usual smile. By the other hand, the mid-aged gentleman was wearing the typical expressionless poker face.
"Of course I bet!" Shen exclaimed.
"... I quit" Ash said
" Why? No way."
Shen showed his hand. King, 5, King, 5, 5.
"I'm sorry. Then, next hand."
The suited gentleman collected the cards soundlessly and vividly.
"Well, Shen."
"Ah?"
"Do you know what's a poker face?" The man asked.
"Don't make a fool of me, I know it."
"Okay, just asked"
The gentleman's shuffling of card was wizard-like, afterwards he let Ash
to shuffle them.
The dry sound of the cards was musical.
"you shuffle the cards very well. It is worth to pay money to see your shuffle
skill."
"I appreciate it" The man replied with a smile.
The gentleman began to deal the cards again.
"By the way, 'Have Shamrock flowers bloomed?'"
"Hey Ash, you have asked it already."
"'If you wait to spring, it will bloom'" The suited man replied without moving his eyes from the cards.
"What?!... hey you! Why you didn't answer"
"Open the game." he said coldly.
Shen ranted in low voice, and, as he checked his hand, his expression looked discontented more
and more.
"DAMN!"
"Well, Shen."
"Yes, poker face? I know, dammit! By the way, it was.."
"First things first, now let's play the game. Ah, I will bet."
"Shit, it's not fun! I will quit."
"Double" Ash said with his typical smile.
The youngish aged gentleman nodded. However, he didn't put bills or money on the table. It was not possible to watch the movement
of his eyes by
his red tinted glasses reflecting from the lighting of the pub. Or he might
calculate the angle
on purpose.
"Hm. Then, double to me too."
"I like it, once again."
"Oh more? Well, raise once more"
The gentleman and Ash continued raising their bets, but they didn't place any money on the
table.
The black-suited gentleman took a zip of his whiskey.
"Ash, what do you bet?" Shen said confused.
"That he will join us to fight in the KOF tournament. I told you already, didn't I?"
"Never! Well, if you lose, what will you do?"
"Just I pay for the drinks and pay money, of course. But if I win, I will still pay the drinks but
he must take part
in KOF with us."
"Either way, it suffers a total loss!"
"I try to return which it has retired the Carnefel already, I must do it."
Carnefel? Shen tried to ask what was that as he never heard such word but he got cut
because the progress of the game was quick.
"Are you done? Then... show me your hand."
Shen hung out to look at the card of Ash.
Jack, Queen, 7, 7, 7. A triple set.
"Ummm seems you defeat me."
The mid-aged gentleman first changed his expression with his cards
turned down, and then
he drunk the whisky up the bottom of glass.
"My name is Oswald. I accept this work."
Oswald offered his hand to them. Ash and Shen shook hands with
Oswald, and the deal was closed.
"Well, we need to talk in detail... Let's change the place."
The three men stood up, the bartender approached to the table to pick up the empty glasses.
Ash left several bills on the table.
"Master, it was tasty! Merci"

Oswald's hand remained turned down on the table.

He put on his coat at the entrance, and left the place.

After the three men went out, the tension environment in the pub dissapeared and returned
to the usual normal mood.
The pubkeeper turned up the cards of Oswald. Spade, club, and heart. Three Aces.

The bartender wondered why he let the foreign boy win, and suddenly he turned
around to see that Oswald showed up again.
"Excuse me, I forget my hat here."
Oswald took the hat from the coat hanger, put it on, pushed up glasses by
the middle finger, and then he watched the pubkeeper. A cold shiver roamed the bartender's back while looking at Oswald's expression.

"See you again." He said with a smile as he turned around and leave.<<

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Shingo The One
652th Post

"Re(2):About my KOF XI questions" , posted Sun 2 Oct 06:18post reply

quote:

Hey guys, can someone please me tell me what has happened to Iggy-san? I so need him to check out this link that I got two days ago regarding a KOFXI new location test report, but somehow I still got no response.

You're not the boss of him.

I know. I only asked because it's been a little while since I last heard of him, and I politely asked for his help, for he is the expert in translating and posting this kind of info. I am the boss of nobody and nobody is the boss of me. Hope that clears things.

LOVE AND PEACE

kofoguz
199th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):About my KOF XI questions" , posted Sun 2 Oct 23:40post reply

quote:

I dont know the relationship between you and him that well. But it doesnt look like you're requesting eventhough you intended to request.

It sounds like you're seeking your lazy son.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Toxico
4110th Post

"Re(4):About my KOF XI questions" , posted Mon 3 Oct 07:33post reply

quote:
I dont know the relationship between you and him that well. But it doesnt look like you're requesting eventhough you intended to request.

Iggy has already shown his stance about translating anything related to KoF XI, the post is in this very topic... The last time I got a translation I had to perform some nasty business, involving kidnaping of french singers and babies being eated by ostrick AND he only did it because 2 of every 3 gay frenchmen think that I'm appealing.

And for those who where complaining that Buriki messed up the continuity (like if KoF would care); buriki happened in 99; I think the date is even on the title 'Buriki One: The world Grapple Tournament 99'

See??? He is a God...

kofoguz
209th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):About my KOF XI questions" , posted Mon 3 Oct 16:42:post reply

quote:
Iggy has already shown his stance about translating anything related to KoF XI, the post is in this very topic... The last time I got a translation I had to perform some nasty business, involving kidnaping of french singers and babies being eated by ostrick AND he only did it because 2 of every 3 gay frenchmen think that I'm appealing.

See, shingo if you want translation you have to do something first. Im not sure Iggy might not accept what you offer but trying wont hurts.

Also about buriki one thanks for the info. I think people exaggerating about new characters. To me, its not that impossible if they add nako or basara to kof. Or any dead/spirit fighter.It might look bad, to be honest.
And for Hayate. Maybe he's not exactly Savage Reign Hayate. Maybe he is Hayate's grandfather? ???

Does anyone notice in FF team story, they explained all the missing members of two teams execuses except Jhun. That makes my hopes grow bigger for Jhun being in.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Mon 3 Oct 16:58]

Toxico
4111th Post

"Re(6):About my KOF XI questions" , posted Tue 4 Oct 04:16post reply

quote:
And for Hayate. Maybe he's not exactly Savage Reign Hayate. Maybe he is Hayate's grandfather? ???

Savage Reign said in the intro that Hayate was the first to use the Fuu'un ken martial art or whatever (the boomerang+karate); he is the first master of that fighting school, thus his antecesors should know dick about using a boomerang...

See??? He is a God...

E5150
98th Post

Occasional Customer

"Adel Arcadia scan" , posted Tue 11 Oct 16:44post reply

from cyberfanatix

Ishmael
2235th Post

"Re(1):Adel Arcadia scan" , posted Tue 11 Oct 22:50post reply

quote:
from cyberfanatix

Poor Adel, whenever I see a picture of him he always reminds me of King back before she became heterosexual.

I am, however, amused by the group shot up in the corner. The focus of the pic seems to be Elisabeth's chest, or at least that's what my eye was drawn to. It's a good thing she has a bust that is so impressive that it's bursting out of her costume because she has to compete for attention with that gigantic shot of the inside of Ash's nostrils. That teeny, tiny Iori lurking at the bottom of the pic can't possibly compete with the monsterous body parts on display above him.

IkariDC
410th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Adel Arcadia scan" , posted Tue 11 Oct 23:49post reply

I couldn't help to make a wallpaper out of that awesome hiroaki art. I'm very happy he's in charge of the ilustrations of this year's main KOF game. The funny thing is that the in game art (winning portraits, etc.) doesn't look as good...

kofoguz
225th Post

Frequent Customer

"Kof XI is going to be released in October 26." , posted Wed 12 Oct 01:21:post reply

Source: Gamefront.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Thu 13 Oct 02:55]

Pollyanna
1464th Post

"Re(3):Adel Arcadia scan" , posted Wed 12 Oct 05:31post reply

quote:
I couldn't help to make a wallpaper out of that awesome hiroaki art. I'm very happy he's in charge of the ilustrations of this year's main KOF game. The funny thing is that the in game art (winning portraits, etc.) doesn't look as good...

Not by a long shot. I'm still not convinced that Hiroaki does the character illustrations, since they're so below average for him. Maybe he was lazy.

Anyway, yeah...that picture is so awesome, I think I wanna make an Elizabeth icon. It's the best KOF illustration...perhaps ever.

IkariDC
411th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Adel Arcadia scan" , posted Wed 12 Oct 19:53post reply

quote:

Not by a long shot. I'm still not convinced that Hiroaki does the character illustrations, since they're so below average for him. Maybe he was lazy.

Anyway, yeah...that picture is so awesome, I think I wanna make an Elizabeth icon. It's the best KOF illustration...perhaps ever.

What? How can you say it's not Hiroaki? It's very clear it's him, compare this illustration and the character designs of this year's KOF to the art from KOF EX2, KOF 94 Rebout...

Anyways, I want to see the superior art he is capable of delivering, if I just love this art I'm mentioning, the art you're mentioning will blow me away!

Pollyanna
1465th Post

"Re(5):Adel Arcadia scan" , posted Wed 12 Oct 20:04post reply

quote:

What? How can you say it's not Hiroaki? It's very clear it's him, compare this illustration and the character designs of this year's KOF to the art from KOF EX2, KOF 94 Rebout...

Anyways, I want to see the superior art he is capable of delivering, if I just love this art I'm mentioning, the art you're mentioning will blow me away!

Well, OK...the large illustration is like Hiroaki, and it's obvious that he's grown as an artist since his last SNK work. But the individual character illustrations are way below his normal level of quality. Some look good, but they're mostly mediocre.

So, I think I'm in denial. With the big illustration, I say "THAT'S the Hiroaki I know!" and with the individual illustrations, I'm so disappointed that I won't believe it's him.

IkariDC
412th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Adel Arcadia scan" , posted Wed 12 Oct 20:18post reply

quote:

So, I think I'm in denial. With the big illustration, I say "THAT'S the Hiroaki I know!" and with the individual illustrations, I'm so disappointed that I won't believe it's him.

Once again, please! Show me the Hiroaki that YOU know!

Pollyanna
1467th Post

"Re(7):Adel Arcadia scan" , posted Thu 13 Oct 04:50:post reply

quote:

Once again, please! Show me the Hiroaki that YOU know!

You've probably seen everything I have (mostly KOF 2000 and Buriki One), unless you haven't seen his Spikeout stuff. I suppose he's just stronger as an illustrator. I mean, when he's working with a composition, rather than character art. I find the KOF XI art incredibly boring and lackluster. Some of the characters look good, but very few of them have any personality. For him, it's not very expressive.

[this message was edited by Pollyanna on Thu 13 Oct 04:52]

IkariDC
413th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):Adel Arcadia scan" , posted Thu 13 Oct 07:14post reply

Buriki One isn't featured at all in the SNK artbooks I own, so I haven't seen much art from that game. And I only have seen Spike Out's cover.