KenSamu pushed back to september - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2355 Views )

Iggy
7008th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Thu 11 Aug 07:16post reply

Oh, Imoya....

At least the game will be finished, for sure.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Replies:

Abster
169th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Thu 11 Aug 08:09post reply

who knows...

There's no substitution for dedication. -TeamTNT-

tenguman
232th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Thu 11 Aug 09:24post reply

Just a little thing here.

Am I the only one who's not expecting anything from KenSamu neither looking forward to it?

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Abster
170th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Thu 11 Aug 10:23post reply

quote:
Just a little thing here.

Am I the only one who's not expecting anything from KenSamu neither looking forward to it?

Other than Cham Cham, the horrid matsuri setting has me very iffy on this one...

There's no substitution for dedication. -TeamTNT-

Pollyanna
1304th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Thu 11 Aug 10:38post reply

Well, it might be fun because it's a sort of "ultimate dream match" with all the characters and styles of playing...but that's only fun in terms of competition.

And...well...with all the characters and styles of playing, I doubt competition will be very balanced. None of my friends will play me in SS, anyway. I'm either even or less good than them in everything else (except SVC, yippee)...but in SS, I can go all night and never lose a round.

Iggy
7009th Post

"Re(3):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Thu 11 Aug 18:13post reply

quote:

The only thing I fear is the spirit select, and especially the ten spirit. Ah, and the art is awful. As for the core changes, the lowering of the jump, the speed tweak, the damage balance, the step, I'm really eager to find out the influence they will have on the gameplay.

But the variety of the cast will allow everyone to find several characters to play. The game propose everyone we loved from Supisupe, and most of them will have more moves, and the most shallow characters will gain some depth ; plus, Sieger, Nicotine and Wan Fu come back. And finally, the four new characters all look fun in their own different ways. What's not to like ?

And I really, really trust Yuki to make a balanced game with this. The rythm of the location tests has intensified to become the one of Supisupe. Only very few bugs remain. They had another month left to balance and only do that, and now they have even more time to do it.

I can't imagine what you could wait from a new SS game. Or then, you don't like the series.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

YeldellGW
483th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Thu 11 Aug 18:21post reply

quote:
Well, it might be fun because it's a sort of "ultimate dream match" with all the characters and styles of playing...

Until I see Seishiro and the 3D crew side by side with the 2D crew, "Ultimate" Dreammatch this is not.

Of course a snowball has a better chance in Hell than of that ever happening... :frown:

Stifu
231th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Thu 11 Aug 19:03post reply

quote:

I'm very hyped for this game. I had high hopes for it, and the fact Iggy recently told me Yuki was working on it boosted my expectations.
I'm glad they decided to delay the game release to make sure everything is okay, but that was predictable anyway.
I'm going to buy an AW because of this game.

Iggy
7010th Post

"Re(4):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Thu 11 Aug 19:42post reply

quote:
I'm glad they decided to delay the game release to make sure everything is okay

No, the decision to delay the game doesn't come from Yuki. Imoya/Sammy just noticed how releasing one 2D fighting game every month between july and november would somehow hurt each game.
Also, the fact that a high profile crossover like Nejibako raises less buzz than the last game of an extremely minor series like SS made them think I guess. Not only many operators wouldn't have bought a new AW game so shortly after Nejibako, but also odds are SS would have eaten quite a wide chunk of the (already few) Nejibako players in the arcades where the two games would have been competiting with each other.

Which doesn't mean Yuki won't use the time extend to tweak the game until the very last moment, of course.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Stifu
232th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Thu 11 Aug 20:37post reply

Yeah, okay. It's not like Yuki finished the game ages ago, and that Playmore made them wait all this time, heh ? Better have more time than enough than the other way around...

By the way, I don't mind the artwork that much, I think it's good enough overall. Sure, it's not as great as the artwork of the 2 SS64 games for example, but it's still good. I just wish there was more than just one artwork per character, like in NBC, or SS3 and 4... Like 1 artwork + 1 portrait for each character would have been cool.

Anyway, I do hope this game slaughters NBC, popularity-wise.

Abster
173th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Thu 11 Aug 22:36:post reply

No Tenka update this week, but on the SS main page they put a new message below the language select. Anyone care to translate?

http://www.samuraispirits-official.com

EDIT: Goes from the 12th through the 16th, another extended loke test perhaps? There might just be a slim chance to save this game...

Bring the blood back to Samurai Spirits!

[this message was edited by Abster on Thu 11 Aug 22:49]

Ultima
416th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Fri 12 Aug 02:01post reply

quote:
The only thing I fear is the spirit select, and especially the ten spirit.

Hey Iggy: Could you provide a listing on what seach spirit does? I know you did it before, but it was kinda jumbled and I think you only did 5 out of the 6 spirits. Thanks.

And the art is not awful. It's perfectly serviceable and clean and gets the job done, even if it does ape Senri Kita.

Oh, and SSTenka is the first game I'm looking forward to from SNK since, well, SS0S. The others can go to hell...

--
Ultima - The Right arm of Scrub Voltron
http://uramble.com/index.html - U's Rambling Page

Ultima
417th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Fri 12 Aug 02:02post reply

quote:
The only thing I fear is the spirit select, and especially the ten spirit.

Hey Iggy: Could you provide a listing on what seach spirit does? I know you did it before, but it was kinda jumbled and I think you only did 5 out of the 6 spirits. Thanks.

And the art is not awful. It's perfectly serviceable and clean and gets the job done, even if it does ape Senri Kita.

Oh, and SSTenka is the first game I'm looking forward to from SNK since, well, SS0S. The others can go to hell...

--
Ultima - The Right arm of Scrub Voltron
http://uramble.com/index.html - U's Rambling Page

tenguman
233th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Fri 12 Aug 02:30post reply

quote:
The only thing I fear is the spirit select, and especially the ten spirit. Ah, and the art is awful. As for the core changes, the lowering of the jump, the speed tweak, the damage balance, the step, I'm really eager to find out the influence they will have on the gameplay.

But the variety of the cast will allow everyone to find several characters to play. The game propose everyone we loved from Supisupe, and most of them will have more moves, and the most shallow characters will gain some depth ; plus, Sieger, Nicotine and Wan Fu come back. And finally, the four new characters all look fun in their own different ways. What's not to like ?

And I really, really trust Yuki to make a balanced game with this. The rythm of the location tests has intensified to become the one of Supisupe. Only very few bugs remain. They had another month left to balance and only do that, and now they have even more time to do it.

I can't imagine what you could wait from a new SS game. Or then, you don't like the series.

I like the series, I really do.
It's not my favorite and I majorly suck at it, but I like it indeed.
Played a lot of Musôken and Kôrin back in the days.

Maybe it's because I suck at it that I don't get the real difference from Kôrin to Zero, besides that combo thing (keep in mind that I didn't play SamuSupi).

In fact, I'm hoping KenSamu will have something different, don't know exactly what.

Sorry for my lack of straightness.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Iggy
7012th Post

"Re(5):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Fri 12 Aug 02:44:post reply

I hate translating the gameplay terms.

Ikari・・・super-strong slash
Shin・・・weapon destruction (buki hakai instead of buki tobashi), all the special movements except the short jump, hidden super, puppet
Zan・・・rage concentration, evasion, roll in the back, air guard, always angry when the energy is under a certain point
Ten・・・rage explosion, issen, evasion, roll in the back, dialup combo
Zero・・・all special movements, rage explosion, mu no kyôchi, meditation, issen
Ken・・・hidden super, mikiri slide, full guard

Ex D-moves, now E-moves :
5E  Mikiri slide - Ken
    evation    zan, ten
1E  back roll   Shin, zero
2E  crouch     shin, zero, ken
3E  forward roll shin, zero
4E  hop   shin, zero, ken
6E  short jump  zero
close6E roll in the back zan, ten
airE air guard  zan

The mikiri slide allows to raise the hidden special gauge.

System common to all the spirits

A, B, C : weak-medium-strong slash
D kick
E special movements

Item use : AD
In versus, enable Hikyaku, then use his food and bombs.

push back (throw) : BC
follow up : 3C
ukemi : E or 4E
reflection : 236E

Gauge max = Kenki gauge grows longer, except in ken spirit. In ken, the gauge doesn't empties until you do a buki tobashi (and only one)

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 12 Aug 02:53]

Stifu
233th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Fri 12 Aug 02:48post reply

quote:
Hey Iggy: Could you provide a listing on what seach spirit does?

To sum things up, and from what I gathered (feel free to correct me), 5 of the spirits play basically like the previous SS games, from SS1 to SS5 (with more or less minor differences)... and the 6th spirit is a new gameplay style with parry and stuff.

exodus
2895th Post

"Re(3):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Fri 12 Aug 04:16post reply

quote:

I have never been interested in samurai shodown in my life.

oh wait - I liked the NGPC ones, kind of.

Iggy
7012th Post

"Re(4):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Fri 12 Aug 19:14post reply

quote:
I have never been interested in samurai shodown in my life.

- one bazillion cool points.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Stifu
236th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):KenSamu pushed back to september" , posted Fri 12 Aug 19:19:post reply

And while the Pocket SS games are fun handheld games, they're nowhere near as good, nice or deep as the big Neo ones...

Edit: Enja vs Sieger ! Enjoy. (quite short though)

[this message was edited by Stifu on Sat 13 Aug 03:48]