Mortal Kombat Seven. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2505 Views )

kofoguz
95th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"Mortal Kombat Seven." , posted Tue 9 Aug 08:42post reply

From Mortal Kombat Online:

With most of the development process of Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks nearing an end, it comes as little surprise that details have started leaking out about the next project in the series. Recently a sound byte that originated from the MK: Shaolin Monks Demo in the September issue of The Official U.S. Playsation Magazine, has surfaced that has a few quick comments from series co-creator Ed Boon, surrounding the next Mortal Kombat (7) fighting game. From the audio file:

We're actually very excited about the next Mortal Kombat fighting game that we're doing. Like before we are introducing, you know, two or three very huge elements to the fighting game that haven't been done before. So, we're really excited about that. I think you can expect to see the biggest roster also of Mortal Kombat characters ever in this next fighter as well.

It is not clear whether or not Mortal Kombat 7 will be introduced yet on current or next-generation hardware. However, Ed Boon has made it clear during our E3 2005 Coverage last May that Midway Games was studying both options. Due to copyright laws we can not provide a link to the audio file on this website, but feel free to pick it up in the latest issue of OPM. Thanks goes out to Total-MK for sending the news lead.

Thanks vash from s-c.com for news.

here is kapadokya/cappadocia
Link Here.php?main=4&sub=1
and pamukkale
Link Here

Hi from Türkiye

Replies:

kofoguz
97th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Mortal Kombat Seven." , posted Tue 9 Aug 22:01post reply

I guess noone in the cafe likes mk. At least, must be failure of last ones.Anyway im not a big fan either.

here is kapadokya/cappadocia
Link Here.php?main=4&sub=1
and pamukkale
Link Here

Hi from Türkiye

crazymike
1152th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Mortal Kombat Seven." , posted Wed 10 Aug 01:58post reply

I like Mortal Kombat...

The bigger news is they are gonna make another shitty movie sequel. The first one was decent for a game movie but that second one, blargh....

Just a Person
732th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Mortal Kombat Seven." , posted Wed 10 Aug 07:18post reply

quote:
I guess noone in the cafe likes mk. At least, must be failure of last ones.Anyway im not a big fan either.

Actually, I love most of the MK games (although I dislike the blood and fatalities in it, no matter how weird it sounds).
I wonder what innovations the MK team is planning to the MK system.
And the biggest number of characters for a MK game?? Wow! I guess it means that my beloved Sonya will be in it!! Maybe even some unpopular characters I like, like Sheeva, Rain, Reiko, etc. But I guess MK7 will be released only for the new platforms (PS3 and Xbox 360 - maybe Revolution, but its version would be quite different due to its promised innovations and inferior processing capacities), since releasing it to the consoles from nowadays would probably demand some sacrifices. But since the next generation consoles will be released soon, I don´t think this is a problem...

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Baines
127th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Mortal Kombat Seven." , posted Wed 10 Aug 12:08post reply

quote:

I'd care if they'd actually care about improving the game and game engine, rather than just working on what extras they can shove into each sequel and how "kryptic" they can be in chat rooms promoting the series.

Dr Baghead
3503th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Mortal Kombat Seven." , posted Wed 10 Aug 15:13post reply

quote:
I'd care if they'd actually care about improving the game and game engine, rather than just working on what extras they can shove into each sequel and how "kryptic" they can be in chat rooms promoting the series.

I think the gameplay and engine are fine the way they are, granted it ain't Vitura Fighter, hell, it isn't even Dead or Alive, but all I want from a game like MK is for it to be easy to play and be fun... and considering how much easier it use the stage breaking here then in DoA it succeeds!

Although I could do with the "krypic" bullshit too... for Christ sake just say "there are 24 characters, DEAL WITH IT, you were just gonna use Scorpion and Sub-Zero most of the time anyway so quit acting like Sektor not being in the game makes it unplayable" stop it with the "Well let's just say you haven't tried everything yet, I don't think anyone's found all the secrets yet" Yes, MK fans are easy to fuck with since 90% of them are idiots but c'mon, fool them 6 times shame on them, fool them 7 shame on you.

... I'm looking forward to MK7, but what I really look forward to is seeing more of the "Stryker isn't playable?! I HATE THIS GAME!", "I HATE the new costumes!", and "This game would be better if it played like MK4!" GameFAQ post that show MK fans fear progress more then Street Fighter fans.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

NARUTO
3180th Post

"Re(4):Mortal Kombat Seven." , posted Wed 10 Aug 17:35:post reply

quote:
I think the gameplay and engine are fine the way they are, granted it ain't Vitura Fighter, hell, it isn't even Dead or Alive, but all I want from a game like MK is for it to be easy to play and be fun...

Well even being not a true MK fan (I was one for the 2d episode) I think Baghead is right.
MK game are at first fun games.

Still I'm curious to see what would happen if one day a MK game turns to be as worked as a Tekken game for exemple...
I mean uber nice graphisms that can stand against the actual 3D title. With a really deep and technical gameplay, and where fatality and gore will be a bit towned down to be more and esthetic thing than the n°1 atraction of the game...

One again I don't tell MK are bad game they're just made for a different public.

We are all mad at some point...

[this message was edited by NARUTO on Thu 11 Aug 17:21]

crazymike
1153th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):Mortal Kombat Seven." , posted Thu 11 Aug 05:02post reply

Indeed people expect too much out of MK. What I liked about the series from the beginning was it was a button masher where you had fun beating the crap out of people. A good stress reliever. I never cared about it being deep or having strategy, especially being in Oklahoma where no one cares about competition anyway.

Amakusa
637th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Mortal Kombat Seven." , posted Thu 11 Aug 12:50post reply

quote:
(PS3 and Xbox 360 - maybe Revolution, but its version would be quite different due to its promised innovations and inferior processing capacities),

Gullible.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Shingo The One
610th Post

"Mortal Kombat Seven update." , posted Sat 13 Aug 14:40post reply

quote:
I like Mortal Kombat...

The bigger news is they are gonna make another shitty movie sequel. The first one was decent for a game movie but that second one, blargh....

I fully agree.Mortal Kombat has hit big with me with both Deadly Alliance and the first movie, what came after the two of them were nothing short of bullshit.Although I am curious to see if eventually we will see the third MK movie.
But about the seventh MK game, Mortal Kombat Online(the no.1 MK site on the net, the only site affiliated to any kind of hit franchise directly linked to its' creators, which means what Midway knows about MK7(by mouth of the creator of course), they know it too) will unveil something concrete about Mortal Kombat 7 this weekend.
We shall wait and see.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Dr Baghead
3504th Post

"Re(1):Mortal Kombat Seven update." , posted Sat 13 Aug 16:55post reply

quote:
will unveil something concrete about Mortal Kombat 7 this weekend.
We shall wait and see.

I hope it's that Strykers playable!!!!

Cuz if he's not this game is absolute garbage and I'll just go back to playing MK3 on my SNES.

Shingo The One
611th Post

"Mortal Kombat Seven update." , posted Sun 14 Aug 13:05post reply

quote:
will unveil something concrete about Mortal Kombat 7 this weekend.
We shall wait and see.

I hope it's that Strykers playable!!!!

Cuz if he's not this game is absolute garbage and I'll just go back to playing MK3 on my SNES.

Well man, if you want something concrete, here it is(well, let's just say that it's obvious they(the guys at MKO) know more then they tell, so we'll have to wait till next year to see the info gear kicking in):
And finally... as expected, there was nothing official said about Mortal Kombat 7. We did a bit of asking, and what little we can tell at this point is that the game will have a huge roster, but it's not so much a Mortal Kombat Trilogy 2, as it has its own storyline. Also, it was apparent they were interested in improving the fighting engine over Deadly Alliance and Deception, including features not previously seen in other fighting games. More info will be forthcoming in the months to come, but as one might imagine right now the people at Midway were focused on Shaolin Monks; other than three or four key people, MK7 and MK:SM are being worked on by two totally different development teams.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Dr Baghead
3505th Post

"Re(1):Mortal Kombat Seven update." , posted Mon 15 Aug 02:33post reply

quote:
We did a bit of asking, and what little we can tell at this point is that the game will have a huge roster, but it's not so much a Mortal Kombat Trilogy 2, as it has its own storyline.

That statement didn't make any sense...

It has a huge roster, but the game has a storyline... does this mean "the game isn't 'every character EVER!' as it has a storyline to keep but for a cannon game it'll have a huge cast", or does it mean "this is an 'every character EVER!' game only unlike MKT we're giving everyone an offical storyline, not BSing an excuse for them to return(well really it's the same in MK, ain't it)"

... I wonder if "features not seen in any other fighting game" means they're finally gonna add all the things they wanted to add since MK4 uneven terran, interactive backgrounds that can broken into weapons (like you wall into a wall and can grab the post as a weapon) and costumes that tatter as the game progresses (if 'Battle Raper 2' can have such a feature you wouldn't think MK7 would be that underfunded it gets left out for the 3 time)

and I wonder if they'll fix any of the broken-as-hell Special Attacks from MK:D (any with a teleport attack= Flawless Victory if you do not stop teleport attacking)

mbisonhatclub
101th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Mortal Kombat Seven update." , posted Mon 15 Aug 04:47post reply

I do want something concrete

As in Mortal Kombat buried in concrete and tossed into the ocean never to be heard from again

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

EternalNewbie
195th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Mortal Kombat Seven update." , posted Mon 15 Aug 06:21post reply

I stopped playing Mortal Kombat after Trilogy way back when. I don't know... I never heard anything that great about the ones that came afterwards. Also, how come they are making another movie? Are the new Mortal Kombat games so popular that they warrant a movie? Of course... the second movie.... that didn't warrant creation. It really, really shouldn't have been created.

EternalNewbie:
The Einherjar Hachitoushi -- The 8 Warriors of the Ragnarok Plan

Ultima
418th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Mortal Kombat Seven update." , posted Tue 16 Aug 01:08post reply

quote:
Are the new Mortal Kombat games so popular that they warrant a movie?

Well.. since the latest games MK outsold *every* other fighter out there, I guess it's not surprising.

--
Ultima - The Right arm of Scrub Voltron
http://uramble.com/index.html - U's Rambling Page

Ishmael
2150th Post

"Re(4):Mortal Kombat Seven update." , posted Tue 16 Aug 03:34post reply

quote:
I stopped playing Mortal Kombat after Trilogy way back when. I don't know... I never heard anything that great about the ones that came afterwards.

Did you hear good things about the MK games that came before Trilogy? Those that know the games better than I might be able to tell you more but it seems to me like the current MK games deliver about the same experience as the early games.

Really, I have to give credit to the makers of MK credit for figuring out what it is that people wanted from their games and being able to re-deliver it such a way that a series that looked to be long dead has enjoyed a resurge in popularity.

Wait, a different team worked on MK: Shaolin Monks? Does this mean this might be the first MK non-fighting game that plays decently?

Iggy
7034th Post

"Re(5):Mortal Kombat Seven update." , posted Tue 16 Aug 03:38post reply

quote:
Did you hear good things about the MK games that came before Trilogy?

I +1 that question.
I don't remember any amusing character or detail you could joke about beside the silly name, and the whole series manages to have a scenario and character interactions as big as the Star Wars series, and as incredibly boring and uninspired.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

EternalNewbie
196th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Mortal Kombat Seven update." , posted Tue 16 Aug 22:45post reply

quote:
Did you hear good things about the MK games that came before Trilogy?
I +1 that question.

Touche. Well, the main reason I remember playing the games that came before the Trilogy and the Trilogy was because the games were pretty popular in alot of arcades I used to frequent. Then, bought Trilogy to play at home with friends so we could practice for arcade play. However, alot of those arcades have since closed down and I'm not sure on this, but how many of the Mortal Kombats after the Trilogy were first arcade games before going to console? I think Mortal Kombat 4 was (although I might be mistaken), but whatever game I am thinking of, I don't recall it getting much gameplay. For me, I remember Mortal Kombat's fame was directly connected to it's fame in the arcade scene, followed by the press it got in the home console variations for its blood and gore content.

EternalNewbie:
The Einherjar Hachitoushi -- The 8 Warriors of the Ragnarok Plan