Original message (3449 Views )

Stifu
223th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Frequent Customer

"SS Tenka videos" , posted Sat 6 Aug 17:30post reply

Hanzo vs Enja
Kusaregedo vs Hanzo

I wish they would have picked other characters, but it's better than nothing.

Replies:

Iggy
6985th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):SS Tenka videos" , posted Sat 6 Aug 19:32post reply

Thanks !
So, it's true, they really replaced the run by a stupid step.... I wonder how it will turn out, especially for Gaira and co.

Hahahahaha, spirit I, II, III, IV... sucks.
"I'm hungry - Itadakimasu" ???

Abster
164th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):SS Tenka videos" , posted Sun 7 Aug 02:27:post reply

quote:
Thanks !
So, it's true, they really replaced the run by a stupid step.... I wonder how it will turn out, especially for Gaira and co.

Hahahahaha, spirit I, II, III, IV... sucks.
"I'm hungry - Itadakimasu" ???

It is kinda funny how they pretty much numerate each of the spirits 1-6 for the English version. It looks like a slightly slower Guilty Gear without the blood. Except for the slower slashes there is pretty much no slowdown at all, even when a slash hits, and it plays quite a bit faster than the typical SS. In a word, I find this game embarassing.

I like Gedo's improved air slashing and ground step tho.

There's no substitution for dedication. -TeamTNT-

[this message was edited by Abster on Sun 7 Aug 10:13]

Iggy
6990th Post

"Re(1):SS Tenka videos" , posted Sun 7 Aug 23:16post reply

I'm bored, and since the subject has not been (much ?) discussed here, I'd like to analyse the samurai-level of the Tenka cast.

Samurai lookalike : Haomaru, Jubei, Ukyô, Genjurô, Shizumaru, Zankurô, Gaô, Yoshitora, Yumeji
Foreign warriors : Charlotte, Tamtam, Sieger
Ninja : Hanzô, Galford, Earthquake, Sôgetsu, Kazuki
artist : Kyôshirô
nearly-US president : Andrew
civilian:396, Sugoroku
ainu : Rera, Nako, Rimu
non human: Gen An, Amakusashirô, Rashôjin Mizuki, Basara, Enja, Suijasama, Unpi, Gedô, Rasetsumaru, Poppy, Ochamaro, Iroha
bald: Gen An, Wanfu, Earthquake, Nicotine, Sieger, Gaira
Annoying monkey : Chamcham
mental health: Mina
MASURAO : Gaô
Gay/bi : Amakusashirô, Genjurô, Yoshitora

The game DOES lacks samurai spirit.

Stifu
224th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):SS Tenka videos" , posted Sun 7 Aug 23:27post reply

Genju and Yoshi, bi/gay ? O_o

I've only seen Genju with female whores. And Yoshi has like 6 or 7 wives, but no husband... :p

Abster
164th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):SS Tenka videos" , posted Mon 8 Aug 01:18post reply

Wouldn't Sugaroku fit under the gay/bi category? Didn't you say something about his lose pose? And why does Iroha fit into the non-human category? Also, what Stifu asked.

Iggy
6991th Post

"Re(3):SS Tenka videos" , posted Mon 8 Aug 03:06post reply

Gennoji and Yoshitora are both clients of Yoshiwara.
Yoshitora likes everything, from Shizumaru to Poppy. Also, his "wives" are not his wives, he's their client, and.... well, I don't feel like explaining the whole geisha thing, since I guess you'll just hear "prostitutes".
Just try to understand homosexuality and heterosexuality are bourgeois concepts that are less than 2 centuries old and totally western-centered.

Either way, the real schoking revelation of Ken Samu for real SS fans is not the fact Genjurô seems to like men even more than before, nobody is surprised by this kind of thing at this point.
Actually, people who really care about SS are amazed by the coming out of Amakusashirô. Nobody expected that.

As for Iroha, odds are she's a crane that has turned into human for the love of a man (her master) or to thank him. Look at the drawings on her uniform, the shape of her weapons, her stance, what she likes and dislike, etc. Also, her bukitobashi where she undresses behind paper walls remind the conclusion where the husband goes to see in the forbidden room and finds his wife in her true form (even though Iroha stays human even naked).
Nothing has been officially stated about her, but this explanation has jumped to our mind from her first appearancet
Iroha, as a character, is much more interesting than a stupid bimbo maid. I don't like her because she seems quite combo oriented, but I recon there has been a lot of work on her, and i'm interested to find more about her voice and strategies.

The character designers of Yuki are the best in the current fighting genre business.

Stifu
225th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):SS Tenka videos" , posted Mon 8 Aug 03:40post reply

quote:
The character designers of Yuki are the best in the current fighting genre business.

You're talking as if Yuki was definitely behind SS Tenka... Are they for sure ?

Other curiosity questions I may have about random characters are unimportant compared to that one, so I'll leave it at that.

Thanks for the info by the way. I hope Genjuro's new voice actor isn't Stéphane Bern or something. :p
I'm still a big fan of him whether he likes the cock or not.

Iggy
6994th Post

"Re(5):SS Tenka videos" , posted Mon 8 Aug 03:59:post reply

Huuum ? Are you french or something ?

Oh, ask the other questions you may have, at worse I'll act like a jerk and make fun of you, nothing anyone here should be afraid of.

Apparently, several of the new voices are weird... Amongst those, Galford's voice is the one people like the least I think. But then, maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it.

EDIT : oh, and yeah, Yuki is definitely doing the game. Yuki employees have been spotted from the first beta test taking notes and watching everything.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Mon 8 Aug 04:04]

Stifu
227th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):SS Tenka videos" , posted Mon 8 Aug 04:12:post reply

Yeah I'm French, I thought you knew... (we even talked about that fat nurse from H, forgot her name)

Anyway, you didn't answer my question about Yuki. Did they make Iroha ? Are they involved at all in the making of this game ?... I'd like to know. (Edit in answer to your edit: Okay, cool ! :D)

And okay, I'll ask all the SS related questions I can think of.

1- What's the relation between Shizumaru and Zankuro ? I know their SS3 and SS4 story, but is there a clear reason why Zankuro appears in Shizumaru's Zetsumei in SS5S ?

2- What's up with Tam Tam's SS5 story ? All was clear in my mind until I heard some people say he's supposed to be someone totally diffent in SS5...

3- Are Sogetsu and Kazuki REAL brothers ? Or are they just sharing their last name because they're in the same clan ?

4- Are Enja and Suija Kazuki and Sogetsu's fathers, as stated in Saiki's story FAQ ?

That's all for now. Thank you.

[this message was edited by Stifu on Mon 8 Aug 04:15]

Iggy
6994th Post

"Re(7):SS Tenka videos" , posted Mon 8 Aug 04:21post reply

Oh. OK then.
quote:
1- What's the relation between Shizumaru and Zankuro ? I know their SS3 and SS4 story, but is there a clear reason why Zankuro appears in Shizumaru's Zetsumei in SS5S ?

No. Shizumaru's "demon" just looks like Zankurô, but they are different entities. I'm not even sure if we know wether Shizumaru's village has been destroyed by Zankurô or his demon... Do we ?
I don't know. I really didn't played much Musôken.
quote:
2- What's up with Tam Tam's SS5 story ?

TamTam fights Kuraki Sumeragi, is beaten, then the mask is teleported to Tamtam's village, where an old warrior takes it, is transofrmed in the legendary warrior, and travels to Japan to help the real Tamtam. Which means the Tamtam you use in SS0 is not Chamcham's brother.
quote:
3- Are Sogetsu and Kazuki REAL brothers ?

Sôgetsu, Kazuki and Hazuki only share the same mother, because of SS0.

quote:
4- Are Enja and Suija Kazuki and Sogetsu's fathers, as stated in Saiki's story FAQ ?

Yes.
Also, KenSamu apparently states they were Unpi's pupils, and he was the one who sealed them more than a thousand years ago, before Kuraki Sumeragi devoured him.

Stifu
227th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):SS Tenka videos" , posted Mon 8 Aug 04:29post reply

Thanks for the answers...

Kuraki Sumeragi... Is that Ankikou ?

I need to see Tam Tam's SS5 ending again. There was a site with English translations of the SS5 endings, but I don't know what happened to it...

Iggy
6995th Post

"Re(9):SS Tenka videos" , posted Mon 8 Aug 04:40post reply

quote:
Kuraki Sumeragi... Is that Ankikou ?

Yup. That's how you actually read his name.

Also, Saiki's FAQ is trustfull. I think it's much better than my own flacid memory for everything about Musôken and Kôrin.

The only problem of the SS series is that every game keep rewriting the settei, which afterwards contradict the past games that are actually supposed to have happenned later.
Meh.

Abster
165th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):SS Tenka videos" , posted Mon 8 Aug 05:28post reply

Yeah, where we kept thinking that Nako and Rimu were sisters until SS0 told otherwise. I don't know what to think of Yuki. They first made something mediocre, (SS0) then something great,(SS0 Special) and then something that goes against all tradition of the whole series. (SS Tenka) I'll get this game just on Cham Cham alone, but what they did to the overall gameplay making it faster and bloodless has still yet to be accepted into my brain.

Stifu
229th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):SS Tenka videos" , posted Mon 8 Aug 05:41:post reply

I wouldn't call SS5 mediocre, it's not THAT far from the quality of SS5S... Also, I think SNKP rushed them to release it before it was ready, but that's just me.

SNKP: "So guys, how's SS5 going ?"
Yuki: "We're almost there, just leave us 2 months please !"
SNKP: "2 months ? It'd better be finished next week you wankers !"
Yuki: *cries* "Yes sir !"

So yeah, Yuki works for SNKP, so they must have to respect directives coming from SNKP...

SNKP: "I'll let you guys work on the new SS game, despite that updated SS5S you worked on without having consulted us..."
Yuki: "Wow, really ?? Thanks !"
SNKP: "HOWEVER, the new SS must NOT have blood !"
Yuki: "What ? But..."
SNKP: "And find a good excuse for it !"
Yuki: "Erm, okay... How about a Matsuri festival theme ?"
SNKP: "Good enough !! Now get to work !"

That's how I imagine things anyway. :p

[this message was edited by Stifu on Mon 8 Aug 05:49]

Abster
166th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):SS Tenka videos" , posted Mon 8 Aug 05:48post reply

I didn't like SS0 that much. Maybe it's because until console release the storyline was for the Japanese only, or maybe it's because the lifebars looked crumby. I dunno. It just looked at whole lot better in 0 Special. In Tenka, we aren't allowed to get the impression that anyone is hurting each other.

Stifu
229th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):SS Tenka videos" , posted Mon 8 Aug 05:54post reply

SS5 was much better than SS4. Its main flaws were the lack of fatalities and how rushed it felt (lame still backgrounds and random bugs)...

SS5S fixed most of the SS5 problems, but on the other hand, took out numerous backgrounds and musics... That's a shame I think, but that doesn't affect gameplay at all, of course. I just wish SS5S was more like what FFS was to FF2, that is to say without all those things taken out.

Iggy
6997th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):SS Tenka videos" , posted Mon 8 Aug 05:56post reply

Not really.
Actually, the biggest problem of SS0, the middle nadeshiko, was a stupid mistake by Yuki : they noticed the problem from the beginning, wrote it on the list of "things to correct", then corrected everything... except this, which they forgot.
OOooooooooops.

I like reading Abster talking about his brain.

Abster
167th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):SS Tenka videos" , posted Mon 8 Aug 05:59post reply

Middle nadeshiko?

Stifu
230th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):SS Tenka videos" , posted Mon 8 Aug 06:03post reply

quote:
Middle nadeshiko?

OMG you SS n00b !!! :p

Middle nadeshiko = qcf + B with Yoshitora.

Abster
168th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):SS Tenka videos" , posted Mon 8 Aug 06:06post reply

quote:
Middle nadeshiko?
OMG you SS n00b !!! :p

Middle nadeshiko = qcf + B with Yoshitora.

Oh yeah. I thought that was another one of Iggy's weird terms for something else.

YeldellGW
483th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):SS Tenka videos" , posted Tue 9 Aug 09:54:post reply

quote:
Thanks !
So, it's true, they really replaced the run by a stupid step....

Well, there's one thing I can be happy about.

No more of that dash, stop, dash, stop crap!!!

Guess the sun does shines on every dog's butt eventually...

[this message was edited by YeldellGW on Tue 9 Aug 12:27]

Nate
660th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):SS Tenka videos" , posted Tue 9 Aug 10:28post reply

quote:
Thanks !
So, it's true, they really replaced the run by a stupid step....

Well, there's one thing I can be happy about.

No more of that dash, stop, dash, stop crap!!!

Guess the sun does shines on over dog's butt eventually...

I'm praying that effectively cripples a lot of the annoying stuff Rimururu was able to pull.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!