Mario Special 20th Anniversary Edition - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2358 Views )

tenguman
225th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Frequent Customer

"Mario Special 20th Anniversary Edition" , posted Sat 6 Aug 00:05post reply

Meh

They're re-releasing the Famicon Mini version of Super Mario Brothers, a package with Dr.Mario and Panel de Pon, and Super Mario Tennis Advance.

(Dunno if this was already posted, so, sorry)

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Replies:

Radish
2978th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Mario Special 20th Anniversary Edition" , posted Sat 6 Aug 00:10post reply

quote:
Meh

They're re-releasing the Famicon Mini version of Super Mario Brothers, a package with Dr.Mario and Panel de Pon, and Super Mario Tennis Advance.

Meh indeed. For a company constantly bitching about how the industry is stagnating and they are the only source left of INNOVATION!!!! they certainly like releasing expensive nostalgia titles that are little more than roms jammed on GBA carts.

shin ramberk
159th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Mario Special 20th Anniversary Edition" , posted Sat 6 Aug 00:49post reply

quote:
Meh

Meh indeed. For a company constantly bitching about how the industry is stagnating and they are the only source left of INNOVATION!!!! they certainly like releasing expensive nostalgia titles that are little more than roms jammed on GBA carts.

Its just a kitchy 'hip' anniversary product. I say let Mario and Nintendo have their party. Why all the broohaha. Start the real bitching if the Revolution doesn't live up to Big N's hype.

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

Kikkoken
943th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Mario Special 20th Anniversary Edition" , posted Sat 6 Aug 02:13post reply

Gone are the good old days when Nintendo would bless us with an amazing compilation of upgraded classics like Super Mario All Stars for the SNES.
However, with all the Nintendo back-catalogue to be made available online for the Revolution, I guess we can't complain. IMO the real Mario 20th anniversary game is the upcoming New Super Mario Bros on the DS, which promises to be excellent.

crazymike
1150th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):Mario Special 20th Anniversary Edition" , posted Sat 6 Aug 06:21post reply

I want a remake of Super Mario Bros. where Mario has 64 frames of animation just for his running alone, along with 640x480 resolution sprites.

Maou
695th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Mario Special 20th Anniversary Edition" , posted Sun 7 Aug 02:54post reply

Gamers anxiously await the Game-And-Watch Nintendo games, or whatever they were called when those wristwatch games came out in the US... But where's plain old Mario Bros.?

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Ammadeau
1416th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Mario Special 20th Anniversary Edition" , posted Sun 7 Aug 19:12post reply

quote:
However, with all the Nintendo back-catalogue to be made available online for the Revolution, I guess we can't complain.

Wait until you see how much they're going to charge for them.

New Super Mario is good but not great. To put it in vague terms, it's mechanically well done, but comes off as soulless, much how I felt about the GBA Sonics.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.