TV Games, Street Fighter 2 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1953 Views )

Ishmael
2133th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"TV Games, Street Fighter 2" , posted Thu 4 Aug 03:35post reply

Just curious, but has anybody tried this thing out?

Replies:

Mokona
294th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):TV Games, Street Fighter 2" , posted Thu 4 Aug 06:06:post reply

Nope, but I've seen 'em everywhere.
Funny how they took the MegaDrive/Genesis controller (good choice IMO, for SF2, it's much better than the SNes one anyway, with the 6 buttons instead of 4 + triggers...)
When I saw those, I wondered what the architecture was, is it a basic cpu with an emulator, or do they actually replicate a Genesis/Snes cpu and have a ROM chip with the game inside... I'm curious to know!

Blah!

[this message was edited by Mokona on Thu 4 Aug 06:09]

shin ramberk
158th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):TV Games, Street Fighter 2" , posted Thu 4 Aug 06:59post reply

quote:
Nope, but I've seen 'em everywhere.
Funny how they took the MegaDrive/Genesis controller (good choice IMO, for SF2, it's much better than the SNes one anyway, with the 6 buttons instead of 4 + triggers...)
When I saw those, I wondered what the architecture was, is it a basic cpu with an emulator, or do they actually replicate a Genesis/Snes cpu and have a ROM chip with the game inside... I'm curious to know!

Its very likely to just be a Genesis machine. Those things are super cheap to produce I think. I think it would be more costly and troublesome to have a basic CPU emulate the hardware and software.

This thing is pretty cool. Too bad I don't know anyone who'd want to play it with me. :(

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

Variable Savior
295th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):TV Games, Street Fighter 2" , posted Thu 4 Aug 09:34post reply

They had one of these hooked up at the local Toys'R'Us so I gave it a try. The controller was incredibly flimsy and cheap feeling but worked pretty well for the few moments I used it (I oddly had better control on that piece of crap than I do with the SF2 Anniversary pad I bought for the PS2). And it's definitely the home version of the game.

Blood marks heaven's path

kyo717
171th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):TV Games, Street Fighter 2" , posted Fri 5 Aug 05:12post reply

I read an old EGM (I was bored damnit!) and they said most of their retro games were really bad ports.

Burning Ranger
1262th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):TV Games, Street Fighter 2" , posted Fri 5 Aug 05:19post reply

quote:
I read an old EGM (I was bored damnit!) and they said most of their retro games were really bad ports.

I'm curious to know how the Mortal Kombat one came out. Did they use the original arcade version or a console port?

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Felicia & Morrigan: no explanation necessary.

crazymike
1148th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(6):TV Games, Street Fighter 2" , posted Fri 5 Aug 06:31post reply

quote:

I'm curious to know how the Mortal Kombat one came out. Did they use the original arcade version or a console port?

Its the arcade port.

These would be cool except I got my Xbox modded so I can play any CPS-1/2 game I want...

By the way has anyone tried the SF Anniversary Pads for Xbox? I know the PS2 ones are flimsy pieces of crap but I was wondering if Nubytech might have fixed this, especially considering the Xbox versions are more expensive...

GekigangerV
1144th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(7):TV Games, Street Fighter 2" , posted Fri 5 Aug 06:48post reply

quote:

Its the arcade port.

These would be cool except I got my Xbox modded so I can play any CPS-1/2 game I want...

By the way has anyone tried the SF Anniversary Pads for Xbox? I know the PS2 ones are flimsy pieces of crap but I was wondering if Nubytech might have fixed this, especially considering the Xbox versions are more expensive...

I got a Bison one a few months ago and its fine to me. But of course after the regular X-box controller anything else would be fine for SF. But it seems my HK button is a little sticky.