DVD help needed - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1588 Views )

Hungrywolf
3074th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"DVD help needed" , posted Mon 1 Aug 07:27:post reply

I have no idea what is wrong and so I thought maybe someone here could help me out. I finally decided to rent the first Resident Evil movie, watched it, thought it was ok. So then I rented RE: Apocalypse, but the DVD would freeze right when it was suppose to go to the menu. So I saw the DVD was scratched pretty bad, and decided that must be the problem. I took it back, they gave me another copy, I tried it, the same thing happened. In both cases the bonus DVD still worked, and all of my DVDs, as well as the first RE movie I rented, play just fine. So since the movie is pretty cheap I figured I'd just buy a copy, so I did, same problem. I suppose maybe it's my DVD player, but I don't understand how that is possible since all of my DVDs play fine and the bonus disc plays fine. I was just wondering if someone could explain to me why this might be happening and if there is something I can do to fix the problem or if I just need to buy a newer DVD player (I have had this one for a while). I appreciate any help. Maybe my DVD player is trying to spare me from seeing Jill Valentine's character portrayed badly.

EDIT: Well, it played on my computer's DVD player, so I've seen them both now. Unless I run into this problem with another new DVD, I won't get a new DVD player just yet.

Hungry Like the Wolf

[this message was edited by Hungrywolf on Mon 1 Aug 13:49]

Replies:

Mokona
292th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):DVD help needed" , posted Tue 2 Aug 01:53post reply

I had a similar problem with my JVC player with the Indiana Jones Trilogy movies, and I solved the problem by changing some options in the player's options (starter the player without any Disc in, and with the remote, there was a menu/option button that allowed me to go into the config of the player).
I'm sorry, I don't remember what I changed, but I played a bit in the options and at one point, the problem was gone.

Sometimes, the problem is something stupid. I remember, I bought Tetris Worlds for PS2 and the game would not play... (black screen instead of game logo) I took it back to the store, the guy tested it and it ran fine... I had it changed anyway, and same problem... I had the PS2 changed (was under warranty), and still didn't solve the problem... (I even spent time with the tech support from both Sony and THQ). Finally, I tried something stupid... I changed the PS2's language settings to English instead of French and voilą, the game worked. So the game wasn't working just because the ps2 was set to French! The good thing about that whole story is that I had my one and a half year old PS2 replaced by a new one for free, eheh!

Blah!

CauseOfChaos
3th Post

New Customer

"Re:DVD help needed" , posted Tue 2 Aug 08:26post reply

Yeah, its probably a setting problem, or it could be a problem with a certain batch from the factory (Trust me, it happens, because it took me 5 attempts to get the demo of MGS2 with Z.O.E on PS2 before I got a working copy)

cause_of_chaos

Ishmael
2128th Post

"Re(1):Re:DVD help needed" , posted Tue 2 Aug 09:01post reply

Have you tried playing the DVD on anything else you may have that plays DVD's such as the PS2, your computer or whatever? It's amazing how much electronic junk nowadays can double as a DVD player.

Hungrywolf
3075th Post

"Re(2):Re:DVD help needed" , posted Tue 2 Aug 10:35post reply

quote:
Have you tried playing the DVD on anything else you may have that plays DVD's such as the PS2, your computer or whatever? It's amazing how much electronic junk nowadays can double as a DVD player.

Yeah, I mentioned in my edit that it did play fine in my computer DVD player, and so I did watch it last night. I'm still confused at why this one DVD wouldn't work in my player, so I'll play with the configuration and see if I can fix that.

Hungry Like the Wolf