New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and more) - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1489 Views )

Cain Highwind
587th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and more)" , posted Sat 30 Jul 20:43:post reply

Just a copy of the posts I made at S-C.com

Well there's been a steady flow of KHII info for the past couple weeks. Squarenet has some of the latest scans here.

It's also been confirmed that Utada Hikaru is singing the theme song for KHII which will be called "Passion" with a Single release planned for Winter (with the game perhaps?)

There's even a couple new shots from this weeks Famitsu and Dangeki. Here and here

Full scans not available yet.

Plus the SquareEnix Party which is showcasing a lot of new games is starting in just a few hours in Japan, so you can expect me to update this thread when new info comes along.

And to recap some of the latest scan information:

-The new character with the Guitar is named Demix.
-Maleficent (while not shown) returns and is placing red roses around Disney Castle
-Merlin is showing Sora and Company a door to "A very special world" (believed to be be Steamboat Willie)
-Jack Sparrow and Sora have a special team up attack called "Jack Knife"
-Pete appears in the PotC World (currently called Isle de la Muerte) and teams up with Captain Barbosa

EDIT: Even though the following info is a bit old, I'll post it for anyone who needs more of a recap:

Here
Organization member: Xaldin

-Nomura also confirmed that FF characters other than the ones he designed will show up in KHII

And plus the Aladdin World will be following The Return of Jafar plotline, albeit somewhat differently. The merchant from the first movie (who sings the opening song) seems to make an appearance.

More from the SquareEnix Party! There seems to be a new over 8 Minute trailer. From KH Ultimania

-Seifer is with Fujin and Raijin OMG!

-DiZ appears where BHK and Axel are confronting each other and says something like "What he says is nonsense" or something to that effect.

-Dialogue between DiZ and Enigmatic Man:
DiZ: Namine is controlling memories that link Sora to Sora (?????)
DiZ: Namine had a special birth.
Unknown: how many people's minds did Namine read?
DiZ: I don't mind thinking about it but tell me one thing: what is your real name?

-In the snow mountains, the unknown was holding a Souleater.(*cough*Riku*cough*)

-Dialogue between DiZ and BHK in Castle Oblivion:
DiZ: Welcome, one chosen by the keyblade.
BHK: Are you saying that to me or to Sora?
DiZ: I need someone who can defeat the Thirteenth Order.

-DiZ's voice is believed to be that of Ansem.

-In a valley, the AC Cloud and Leon are back to back, surrounded by Nobodies:
Leon: Think we can do it? against that?
Cloud: If I take just one blow I'm done for.
Leon: Then I'll defeat just one more.

Feel the love!

-Riku: So this is the true world. Well, if that's the case, we should let it be engulfed by the darkness.
Sora: Riku!

-Those are the trailer's last words

Demix:
His weapon is a sitar (A north indian instrument with gigantic proportions) and his element is Water.

-Xaldin:
His weapon is his lances, which he manipulates freely.

-And yes the Black and White Steamboat Willie world was confirmed.

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Sun 31 Jul 20:35]

Replies:

Sano
1918th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and mo" , posted Sun 31 Jul 01:12post reply

quote:

-And yes the Black and White Steamboat Willie world was confirmed.

Crazy. Good looking out and thanks for the info. Any word on Marry Poppins?

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Dr Baghead
3496th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and mo" , posted Sun 31 Jul 01:24post reply

quote:

-Pete appears in the PotC World (currently called Isle de la Muerte) and teams up with Captain Barbosa

WHOA, back it up there.... Pete teams uo with Barbosa... Peg-leg Pete?! (or well, Pete, I guess they called him when he 'got better' and just became Goofy's d-bag neighbor in Goof Troop/Mickey's d-bag landlord in House Of Mouse rather then a peg-legged villian)

If it is and he actually teams up with Barbosa (and it's not like Malificent wandering from world to world then leaving after a short bit of dialog) I'm glad to see there will be at least one real crossover in the game... which ties it with KH1. C'MON KH2! More storylines like KH1's Hercules World, less of this 'abrigded classics' bullshit.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

talbaineric
6174th Post

"Re(2):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and mo" , posted Sun 31 Jul 03:51post reply

KH2.co.uk...I love you. This site has been providing some great info.

Thanks for the update Cain! This is all getting me very excited for KH2, although there is STILL no release date right? It's come out in Japan already, true?

I'm glad to see that the PoTC world has an official name now. And it seems all the main characters from the movie are in. Yes, this makes me so happy. My only concern now is...will they get Depp, Bloom, Knightley and Rush to do voiceovers? *crosses fingers*

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

Sano
1924th Post

"Re(2):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and mo" , posted Sun 31 Jul 07:25:post reply

quote:

WHOA, back it up there.... Pete teams uo with Barbosa... Peg-leg Pete?! (or well, Pete, I guess they called him when he 'got better' and just became Goofy's d-bag neighbor in Goof Troop/Mickey's d-bag landlord in House Of Mouse rather then a peg-legged villian)

If you go by Mickey Mouse comics there's a whole bunch of Petes, they are all blood related, not the same person. The Goof Troop/House of Mouse variant is Black Pete. Goof Troop and House of Mouse just drop the 'Black' part for political correctness I assume. There was a couple of Duck Tales episodes where this was reflected since Duck Tales takes a lot from the comics. They had yet another Pete on the show who had more of a gray shade, he appeared about twice, the episode that comes to mind is one where they were after a big pearl. While Duck Tales took mostly after Uncle Scrooge comics they referenced Micky Mouse comics another time when they showed the Phantom Blot, a Mickey Mouse comic book Villain (I think his creator is named Roman Scapiro or something like that)in one of their Donald Duck in the Navy Episodes. Phantom Blot appeared in House of Mouse too voiced by that guy who plays Peterman on Seinfeld, his stories on House of Mouse were sort of ludicrous like stealing all of the color in the world but I couldn't hate on his voice and character design, blew away his Duck Tales appearance. Though it was pretty funny on Duck Tales when he said "I make Doctor Doom look like a hood ornament!" LOL!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Sun 31 Jul 07:36]

Dr Baghead
3497th Post

"Re(3):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and mo" , posted Sun 31 Jul 10:19post reply

quote:
If you go by Mickey Mouse comics there's a whole bunch of Petes, they are all blood related, not the same person. The Goof Troop/House of Mouse variant is Black Pete. Goof Troop and House of Mouse just drop the 'Black' part for political correctness I assume. There was a couple of Duck Tales episodes where this was reflected since Duck Tales takes a lot from the comics. They had yet another Pete on the show who had more of a gray shade, he appeared about twice, the episode that comes to mind is one where they were after a big pearl. While Duck Tales took mostly after Uncle Scrooge comics they referenced Micky Mouse comics another time when they showed the Phantom Blot, a Mickey Mouse comic book Villain (I think his creator is named Roman Scapiro or something like that)in one of their Donald Duck in the Navy Episodes. Phantom Blot appeared in House of Mouse too voiced by that guy who plays Peterman on Seinfeld, his stories on House of Mouse were sort of ludicrous like stealing all of the color in the world but I couldn't hate on his voice and character design, blew away his Duck Tales appearance. Though it was pretty funny on Duck Tales when he said "I make Doctor Doom look like a hood ornament!" LOL!

Peg-Leg and Black Pete are the same guy, those are both two of many variants of his name... at least in the cartooniverse, in the comics they might have decided each Pete name variant was his own member of the Pete family.

So anyway, to repharse the question in case KH2 is in the DuckTales/Darkwing Duck world just for Sano: "Is the 'Pete' mentioned one of the dog-like-characters with the family name of 'Pete' who pestered Alice/Mickey/Donald's Family/Goofy/etc. in any of the various Disney Cartoons? Or is he a character I don't know of?"

...OH! Hey, I just realized on Goof Troop his wife's name was Peg and he'd call her "pegleg" as nickname, Christ! that's one clever in joke!

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Cain Highwind
586th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and mo" , posted Sun 31 Jul 10:49post reply

quote:

...OH! Hey, I just realized on Goof Troop his wife's name was Peg and he'd call her "pegleg" as nickname, Christ! that's one clever in joke!

Holy crap! That is interesting. Then why was their daughter named Pistol?

On a related note, KHU got some scans from the latest issue of OPM, and it has Pete.

Here

And it was confirmed some time ago that his new outfit was designed by Nomura.

NARUTO
3161th Post

"Re(5):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and mo" , posted Sun 31 Jul 18:52post reply

Sorry Cain but I'm a bit late as usual, and I can't find myself in your scan link updated site , they turned a bit messy), can give me a direct link to some pics, Like Demix and other...thanks!

We are all mad at some point...

Cain Highwind
587th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and mo" , posted Sun 31 Jul 20:41post reply

quote:
Sorry Cain but I'm a bit late as usual, and I can't find myself in your scan link updated site , they turned a bit messy), can give me a direct link to some pics, Like Demix and other...thanks!

Sorry, I fixed the link in my first post. KHU doesn't allow direct linking. And I don't have time to link to the pictures at Squarenet. They should be there just fine.

Interesting enough, it was confirmed that Jack Sparrow's Japanese voice is Hiroaki Hirata in case, like me, no one keeps up with Japanese dubs of movies.

Oh and KHU posted a detailed trailer summary. Interesting read. Taken directly from the site:

DiZ is talking to the Enigmatic Man (?) in a room somewhere.

DiZ: "When Naminé takes over the data (memory is fuzzy) by force..."
EM: "That Naminé... is a strange child."
DiZ: "Influence is exerteted over the memories and hearts of those linked to Sora and Sora. Naminé's origin is special. (a bit vague)"
EM: "The mysterious Naminé is someone's Nobody?" (Said like a gasp) [Not 100% sure on this one]
DiZ: "I don't really need to know, but I'm curious, what's your real name?" [Kinda hard to translate, but that's basically what it means]

---

Twilight Town, there is a poster or flyer of some kind, perhaps for a fight contest.

Fair haired kid: "We're not far from the finals! If we win, we'll divide the prizes (prize money...?) between us four."
Fair haired kid and BHK.
Dark haired kid: "Do your best. (The way I feel [huh?])"
Girl: "With you two, anything is possible. (The way I feel [huh? again])"

---

Twilight Town's plaza.

Seifer: "~~~Proof of your defeat. Did it burn?"
Seifer is standing in front of Raijin and Fujin while talking.
BHK glares at Seifer.

---

(I don't know the order after this, exactly)

Castle of Oblivion

BHK: "Naminé, just who are you?"
Naminé: "I'm the witch who is controlling the memories of those around Sora and Sora."
BHK: "Witch...?"

---

Land of Dragons

Sora: "Long time no see, Mushu!"
Mushu: "Sora, Donald, Goofy!"
Mulan: "Friends of yours?"
Mushu: "Long ago, we defeated a bad guy together. It about one year ago."

---

Deck of the Black Pearl

Goofy: "The Keyblade, do you think Jack could use it?"
Donald: "Why?"
Goofy: "Sora and Jack... they're alike somehow."
Jack & Sora: "Are not!" (they do the same reaction)

A cabin (of the Black Pearl?)

Will: "All along, was it me...?" (Looking at Elizabeth's medallion)

---

Steamboat Willie world (It's black and white, and looks like an old timey movie)

Sora is at the helm of the boat.
Something about Mickey and Sora. [This sentence is murder for me. I think Sora taps Mickey and they are looking around or something]
Elsewhere, perhaps on the shore.
Pete: "Can't you see the badguy?"
Sora points at Pete immediately after. [I think, basically, Pete ment to be spotted by Mickey, but Sora distracted him, so he didn't see him.]

---

Castle of Beauty and the Beast

Belle: "Not there, the rose isn't anywhere."
Beast: "I don't understand it at all!"
Sora goes between Beast and Bell. [I think beast is getting aggressive here.]
Sora: "Beast! Stop snarling, it's displeasing." [Not sure about this part, but you can get the idea.]

---

Dance hall of the B&B castle

Sora: "The Thirteenth Order!"
Beast: "Who are they?"
Sora: "The Nobodies that are born when someone with a strong heart becomes a Heartless control (?) the Thirteenth Order."

---

The part of Castle Oblivion where Sora is sleeping

BHK appears in the room, and DiZ is there.

DiZ: "Welcome, one chosen by the Keyblade."
BHK: "Is that me? Or Sora?"
DiZ: "I am seeking someone who can travel around World of Light and defeat the Thirteenth Order." [I dunno about this one, hard for me to make sense of]

---

Some valley (the surrounding rocks and color look like the place where the big battle in other trailers happens)

Leon: "Can we do it? Against this many?"
Cloud (AC Version): "One more blow and they'll be in real pain." [Not entirely sure]
Leon: "Then we'll defeat one more."

---

In the PotC world, it's confirmed that there is a gray-haired old man in the Order.
He is seen on the deck of the boat yelling with the enthusiasm of an active youth.

---

[This whole last part didn't really make sense to me. So, you might want to just ignore it. ]

About the Interceptor...
There is a suprise attack from the surface of the water, a strange beam shoots out.
It shoots into the shape of where a keyhold was seen previously.

Reports indicate that after DiZ asks EM his name, he replies, "I am nobody" angrily.

---

Apparantly, this is also said in the trailer about him: "A man born from nothing. In the light of time but the darkness of light, this is where the Order roams. A man whose intentions are his own, only bound by the coat he wears. He is nothing and has nothing. The Enigmatic Man."

---

Demix is the 9th member of the Order, and uses a sitar to control water.

---

Xaldene is the 3rd member of the Order, and uses the wind as well as his spears.

---

As stated previously, there is an old man with gray hair in the Order, and there is also another female member.

---

The Order member in the snowy mountains of Land of Dragons supposedly weilds the Soul Eater, which seems to indicate that he's Riku.

---

The trailer apparantly ends with Riku and Sora speaking:

Riku: "So this is the true world. Well, if that's the case, we should let it be engulfed by the darkness."
Sora: "Riku!"

---

It's been said that Riku isn't exactly evil, but is just looking at them from a different perspective.

---

Reports indicate that DiZ sounds just like Ansem, and I remember reading something about what BHK's voice is like, but I forget.

---

Edit

The competition BHK and his friends are in is called "The Struggle"(It was written in english in the trailer!!!)

Oh and it was also confirmed Atlantica is back as a shot of Ariel and Prince Eric was shown.

Sano
1926th Post

"Re(4):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and mo" , posted Sun 31 Jul 22:39:post reply

quote:

Peg-Leg and Black Pete are the same guy, those are both two of many variants of his name... at least in the cartooniverse, in the comics they might have decided each Pete name variant was his own member of the Pete family.

So anyway, to repharse the question in case KH2 is in the DuckTales/Darkwing Duck world just for Sano: "Is the 'Pete' mentioned one of the dog-like-characters with the family name of 'Pete' who pestered Alice/Mickey/Donald's Family/Goofy/etc. in any of the various Disney Cartoons? Or is he a character I don't know of?"

LOL! In the cartoonverse they may be the same, they freely admit that they star in pictures so Pegleg could just be a prop. But in the comics they never acknowledge that they are actors starring in cartoons or pictures so there's the need to differentiate the Petes.

The gray Pete that showed up on Duck Tales sounded like Pete (same voice of Goof Troop /House of Mouse) was gray and his skin was white, not flesh colored. Don't think it was the same Pete of House of Mouse and Goof Troop, at least Pete in the cartoonverse may or may not have one relative.

Peg, Pete's wife is hotter than Daisy Duck and Minnie Mouse combined. Who says evil doesn't pay?

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Sun 31 Jul 22:40]

Sano
1927th Post

"Re(5):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and mo" , posted Sun 31 Jul 22:59:post reply

There was a Pistol Pete in the cartoons, (Male) so it's another pun. Here someone tried to put all of the Petes together. The author has Pegleg and Black as the same person, I dunno I sort of don't agree with it but it sort of boils down to which comics you believe. There was a story for example that laid out that Steamboat Willie Mickey was Mickey Mouse's ancestor and our Mickey had to relive the entire event to appease his ghost ancestors, but there's room for continuity freedom even in Mickey Mouse comics -

At least I'm not the only one who cares about these things...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 1 Aug 00:09]

talbaineric
6175th Post

"Re(6):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and mo" , posted Mon 1 Aug 01:34post reply

I'm just dying for some actual screens instead of just scans, well, maybe in about a month and a half we'll get our wish.

It's a fat chance, but a cameo by Don Karnage and Darkwing Duck in the next KH would be so cool, I'd wet my pants ten-fold....

Sano
1927th Post

"Re(7):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and mo" , posted Mon 1 Aug 04:50post reply

quote:
I'm just dying for some actual screens instead of just scans, well, maybe in about a month and a half we'll get our wish.

It's a fat chance, but a cameo by Don Karnage and Darkwing Duck in the next KH would be so cool, I'd wet my pants ten-fold....

Yeah, seems like they are only doing movies for the most part and the Disney Afternoon is out. At least we have the Gummi ship as in "Gummi Bears." Okay I realize that's just a coincidence but I'll take it. The Gummi bears built the ship damn it!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

NARUTO
3162th Post

"Re(7):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and mo" , posted Mon 1 Aug 19:38post reply

quote:

Being absulutely not a Disney fan... Gargoyles would be the only thing I would like to see.

Just a Person
730th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(8):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and mo" , posted Mon 1 Aug 21:18post reply

Wow! It looks great! KHII seems to explore more the Unknowns and Naminé in the story (I wonder what is her role in the story).
It's cool seeing Seifer in it, but I'd prefer Aya from Parasite Eve (I hope there's still a chance for her). And someone said that Mary Poppins might be in KHII, does anyone know if it's confirmed or not?
And it's nice to see that the story is coherent, like Mushu (summon in KH and KH:CoM) remembering Sora from the previous adventure!

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Sano
1928th Post

"Re(9):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and mo" , posted Tue 2 Aug 01:18post reply

People here said they may have spotted Mary Poppins in the Trailer at E3. 'May' being the key word here.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

NARUTO
3167th Post

"What happens to Squarenet??" , posted Fri 5 Aug 19:46post reply

It seems that the site is dead, did someone knows why?

Just a Person
731th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(10):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and m" , posted Fri 5 Aug 22:36post reply

quote:
People here said they may have spotted Mary Poppins in the Trailer at E3. 'May' being the key word here.

I understand. Well, let´s see if this is true. There are still some characters I´d like to see in KHII (Aya Brea, Rinoa, Simba, Pocahontas, the Hunchback of Notre Dame...), but at least they can always appear in a possible KHIII. And having in one game people like Mulan, Aladdin, Jack Sparrow, Seifer, Auron and the mysterious yet lovely Naminé isalready good enough to me!!

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Cain Highwind
589th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):What happens to Squarenet??" , posted Sat 6 Aug 01:56post reply

quote:
It seems that the site is dead, did someone knows why?

Nope. I haven't been able to access it for the past few days. KHU is down too because they need to pay their bill or somethng.

On a related note, Jump scans are out, and while there wasn't alot of a new stuff. they do show one shot of the Steamboat Willie world:

http://utsunomiya.cool.ne.jp/gamers159/image/jp050804-01.jpg

sabo10
1191th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):New KHII Info (FFVIII characters and mo" , posted Sat 6 Aug 02:02post reply

quote:
-Nomura also confirmed that FF characters other than the ones he designed will show up in KHII

Please not FF9 characters!

Please not FF9 characters!

talbaineric
6177th Post

"Release date drawing near" , posted Mon 8 Aug 09:34post reply

KH Ultimania is back up, and with it, comes this:

Yochi Wada(Square-Enix CEO) has confirmed that KH2 will be released this year. Also he has said that the date will be revealed over the internet very soon! My guess is it will be around the Tokyo Game Show(September 16-18) through the Official KH2 site or Square-Enix's Newsletter.

kyo717
172th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Release date drawing near" , posted Mon 8 Aug 09:52post reply

Non-Nomura FF characters? FF 12 or Tatics character might be cool. I wouldn't mind them to make a cameo at all.