Tales of Midriffage - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2061 Views )

Mosquiton
1665th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Tales of Midriffage" , posted Sat 30 Jul 03:52:post reply

Tales of the Abyss...

Another male lead in the Tales series who absolutely HAS to show everyone his belly. Who dressed this guy?

I like the design for the girl. Especially by comparison.

On a somewhat related note, I haven't enjoyed a Tales game since ToD.

Edit: Axel Rose?

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Sat 30 Jul 03:56]

Replies:

Radish
2971th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Tales of Midriffage" , posted Sat 30 Jul 04:01post reply

quote:
Tales of the Abyss...

Another male lead in the Tales series who absolutely HAS to show everyone his belly. Who dressed this guy?

I like the design for the girl. Especially by comparison.

On a somewhat related note, I haven't enjoyed a Tales game since ToD.

Edit: Axel Rose?

Hey if I had abs like that I'd probably want to show them off too.

Pollyanna
1262th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Tales of Midriffage" , posted Sat 30 Jul 05:31post reply

This supports my theory that if you only play Tales games you'll have enough to keep you busy. If you only play Robot Wars games, the same applies...if you play both, then you'll have to give up everything else.

exodus
2878th Post

"Re(3):Tales of Midriffage" , posted Sat 30 Jul 05:39post reply

wow...those abs are totally gross.

Rid
6771th Post

"Re(4):Tales of Midriffage" , posted Sat 30 Jul 07:06post reply

Yay! I like the girl.

On unrelated news, Majoria's News will be offline until monday.

Zepy
1090th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(5):Tales of Midriffage" , posted Sat 30 Jul 10:39post reply

I can't keep up I'm going mad

Amakusa
629th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Tales of Midriffage" , posted Sat 30 Jul 15:28post reply

Yeesh, I knew the Tales series was popular, but they're really saturating the market. Tales of Rebirth isn't out already is it?

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Rid
6772th Post

"Re(2):Tales of Midriffage" , posted Sat 30 Jul 21:05post reply

quote:
Yeesh, I knew the Tales series was popular, but they're really saturating the market. Tales of Rebirth isn't out already is it?

Tales of Rebirth has been out since 2004. December I think.

Time Mage
2217th Post

"Re(3):Tales of Midriffage" , posted Sat 30 Jul 21:26post reply

Tales of Destiny 2, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Rebirth, Tales of Legendia, Tales of the Abyss...

Don't you people think that they are making too many Tales? That's the best way to destroy the saga, in my opinion. Even if the mass production of Tales doesn't affect the quality (which I doubt), they should let the saga rest a little between each game, or most people will start to get really tired of them.

Zepy
1091th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(4):Tales of Midriffage" , posted Sat 30 Jul 21:32post reply

quote:
Don't you people think that they are making too many Tales? That's the best way to destroy the saga, in my opinion. Even if the mass production of Tales doesn't affect the quality (which I doubt), they should let the saga rest a little between each game, or most people will start to get really tired of them.

Well, they got 117 people right now dedicated to making tales games. And they set up Tales studio. They're probably not going to stop until everybody dies.

Ammadeau
1411th Post

"Re(4):Tales of Midriffage" , posted Sun 31 Jul 00:12post reply

quote:

It works for the Dynasty Warriors and Armored Core series. Last Raven proudly proclaims being the 10th AC game in the series. It boggles my mind how From can shove them out the door like that.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Rid
6773th Post

"Re(5):Tales of Midriffage" , posted Sun 31 Jul 00:24post reply

quote:
It works for the Dynasty Warriors and Armored Core series. Last Raven proudly proclaims being the 10th AC game in the series. It boggles my mind how From can shove them out the door like that.

It'll work for Final Fantasy now that the FFVII onslaught is coming. And I won't even mention Guilty Gear.

Time Mage
2218th Post

"Re(6):Tales of Midriffage" , posted Sun 31 Jul 01:36post reply

Well, I guess it only doesn't work for me.

Pollyanna
1268th Post

"Re(6):Tales of Midriffage" , posted Sun 31 Jul 05:50post reply

quote:

It'll work for Final Fantasy now that the FFVII onslaught is coming. And I won't even mention Guilty Gear.

FF doesn't count, as most of the FF7 games aren't RPGs. All of the Tales games are at least reasonably similar.

Guilty Gear also isn't a fair comparison, because they're just upgrades and each game does progressively less well. So, one might argue that it DOESN'T work. It only "works" in the way that Capcom Fighting Jam "worked"...low profit, low production cost. Either way, crowding the market seems to reduce interest in each sucessive game.

BUT, even if I don't agree with your examples, I wonder if the Tales series is invincible. People buy these games like mad and frequent releases don't seem to harm SRW. The only thing is, this is a pretty rare (and gratuitous) situation as Legendia isn't even out and their releasing pictures for the next in the series. I can't help but think that some people (myself included) will say "Abyss looks better. I'll just hold out for it."

I wanted Legendia for a while, but the fact that I wasn't finished with Rebirth when it was announced made me say "if you can't wait for me, then you can't expect me to play your game." Now, when I finally think I've given myself "space" or some "time off" from Tales games, they announce another one before the one I (somewhat) reluctantly decided I didn't have to play comes out.

Regardless, I realize that my outlook is a bit silly...seeing gaming as an obligation. However, someone who just plays whatever games they see as fun are equally inclined just to "try something new, since they just played a Tales game".

The overcrowded gaming market is causing gamers to choose favorites, and I really don't like that. We've had a goddamned sea of RPGs this year, and you can't play them all, unless you're a rich kid with no friends and no job. (or "independantly wealthy")

This month was ridiculous for action games. Drag-on Dragoon 2, Oz, Sengoku Basara and Genji all came out close to one another. That's too much if you ONLY play action games, but what happens if you like all kinds of games?

There are so many games in series that I like (now it's Legendia and SRWA3) that normally I would buy if there weren't so many other releases (otherwise and in the same series).

Of course, to be fair to Namco, I don't actually KNOW when ToA will be out, but judging from screenshots, it won't be THAT long.

Amakusa
631th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Tales of Midriffage" , posted Mon 1 Aug 06:50post reply

quote:
Tales of Rebirth has been out since 2004. December I think.

Right. Turns out I forgot about Legendia.

Still, even if it's THEIR market that's getting all this, I don't think putting out a new version every six months is healthy.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Rid
6776th Post

"official website" , posted Mon 1 Aug 19:11:post reply

http://namco-ch.net/talesoftheabyss/index.php
site opens, no release date.

http://www.namco-talesstudio.co.jp/product/index.htm
and it is by Tales Studio, unlike Legendia (that's by Project Melfes?)

[this message was edited by Rid on Mon 1 Aug 22:15]