Ikaruga noob question - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1530 Views )

Rid
6766th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Ikaruga noob question" , posted Tue 26 Jul 10:54:post reply

How do I am supposed to beat Ikaruga's fourth level boss? I can make it there continuing only once, but I just don't know what to do in there other than go kamikaze and spend continues like crazy. Is the difficulty jump there that hard?

Keep in mind, I'm a n00b at shooters, somehow.

[this message was edited by Rid on Tue 26 Jul 10:57]

Replies:

VManOfMana
625th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Ikaruga noob question" , posted Tue 26 Jul 12:40post reply

quote:
How do I am supposed to beat Ikaruga's fourth level boss? I can make it there continuing only once, but I just don't know what to do in there other than go kamikaze and spend continues like crazy. Is the difficulty jump there that hard?

Keep in mind, I'm a n00b at shooters, somehow.

The way I do it (may not be the best way):

The first thing to do is to throw your energy. This will get rid of one layer of the core's barrier. Since the layers have alternate colors, you gotta switch as you keep shooting.

Basically, you should be able to focus all your fire in the barrier that starts in front of you. IIRC, at one point the core stops and starts rotating in the opposite direction, allowing you to get rid of all the layers on another barrier. Once a barrier is open, you can fly in the hole, allowing you to avoid the bullets in the outer section. Before the core throws its beam you have some time to make massive damage. Once the beam starts shooting, I just keep absorbing and throwing out energy until the boss dies.

Jabel D. Morales - VMan of Mana.
http://vman.animecafe.net/

"Tameraeba makeyo!"

Tai-Pan
38th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Ikaruga noob question" , posted Tue 26 Jul 12:54post reply

Do as he said, thats what I do, When playing Ikaruga, just focus your eyes and mind on your ship´s surrounding, you should pay more attention at changing colors rather than shooting. That way you accumulate energy and never get killed.

hayaku!!

deisied
347th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Ikaruga noob question" , posted Tue 26 Jul 13:41post reply

If you can get through 4 without getting hit, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do the same on that boss. It's the same eyetrick and flipping as the mid-part of the stage.

sabo10
1180th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):Ikaruga noob question" , posted Tue 26 Jul 15:43post reply

There is a miniscule gap between the white beam it shoots and the walls of the hole in the core, so you can absorb white beam until you max out, fly to the side a bit until you are away from the white beam, flip to black and release and flip back to white.