All hyped up for Graffiti Kingdom... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2059 Views )

Spoon
1179th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"All hyped up for Graffiti Kingdom..." , posted Tue 26 Jul 09:16post reply

While it doesn't have that cool shading style used in Magic Pengel, Graffiti Kingdom is FINALLY going to get released in NA... like soon.

So I will go and post a couple links from a site featuring all kinds of awesome creations that make me go nuts wondering how they made that.

Yotsuba:
in action and clearer stills

Ico re-creation:
live and detail

Mushihime:
in action and stills

2D-style looping animations:
Oldschool infinite combo

Replies:

Ishmael
2117th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):All hyped up for Graffiti Kingdom..." , posted Tue 26 Jul 22:38post reply

How is Graffiti Kingdom? The idea behind Magic Pengel was amazing but I thought that the game itself became bogged down in a stupid Pokemon-esque story and stingy allocation of art materials. What I want is to be able to spend hours drawing up all sorts of crazy crap and then letting it run wild in the game. Does the game have a better creation process or do you still have to go out and fight for even a small amount of ink?

Pollyanna
1254th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):All hyped up for Graffiti Kingdom..." , posted Wed 27 Jul 05:37post reply

Hahaha...I remember that I wouldn't buy Magic(al?) Pengel because they changed the name to something so stupid. When I "inhereted" the game I said "Get that out of the house!!!"

Spoon
1182th Post

"Re(3):All hyped up for Graffiti Kingdom..." , posted Wed 27 Jul 07:29post reply

quote:
Hahaha...I remember that I wouldn't buy Magic(al?) Pengel because they changed the name to something so stupid. When I "inhereted" the game I said "Get that out of the house!!!"

Did you ever end up trying the game, though? Cuz it's worth trying.

Ishmael:
I dunno, I thought that a Pokemon approach was fine for the game... the bigger problem is that there wasn't enough to do in the game. This is a game that should've had online support, so that people could show and download other people's doodles, etc.

Some of the voice acting stank, though. Damn that guy that narrated the opening.

Right now, Graffiti Kingdom is poorly documented in the english-reading world. I don't know anything about the game which I can't surmise from footage or from the scant few english web sources.

In my dreams, this game is on the DS with plenty of internet and network play support, and a Nintendogs-like feature for poking and playing with your creations... preferably in a big meadow filled with these creatures.

Mosquiton
1662th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):All hyped up for Graffiti Kingdom..." , posted Wed 27 Jul 12:53post reply

quote:

In my dreams... a Nintendogs-like feature for poking and playing with your creations... preferably in a big meadow filled with these creatures.

Tis a bold dream indeed.

/ / /

Pollyanna
1256th Post

"Re(5):All hyped up for Graffiti Kingdom..." , posted Wed 27 Jul 18:39post reply

I never tried Magic Pengel. I'd be no more inclined to try a game called "Booty Call Extreme". It's like...when Zombie Revenge came out, I had a copy preordered and drove an hour and a half to pick it up. When I got there and saw the cover, I didn't want the game anymore. I said "Now now, Isabelle, be reasonable. If you come home with nothing, mother will lock you in the dungeon again." I got the game, but I made my own cover for it and replaced the bad one.

Now, I'm perfectly willing to try something titled "Graffiti Kingdom" as long as it doesn't have a hideous cover.

Iggy
6938th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(6):All hyped up for Graffiti Kingdom..." , posted Wed 27 Jul 21:58post reply

Pollyanna, marry me.

Spoon
1184th Post

"Re(6):All hyped up for Graffiti Kingdom..." , posted Thu 28 Jul 04:24post reply

quote:
I never tried Magic Pengel. I'd be no more inclined to try a game called "Booty Call Extreme". It's like...when Zombie Revenge came out, I had a copy preordered and drove an hour and a half to pick it up. When I got there and saw the cover, I didn't want the game anymore. I said "Now now, Isabelle, be reasonable. If you come home with nothing, mother will lock you in the dungeon again." I got the game, but I made my own cover for it and replaced the bad one.

Now, I'm perfectly willing to try something titled "Graffiti Kingdom" as long as it doesn't have a hideous cover.

I don't know how to respond to this.

Out of curiousity, did you ever play Bonk?

Pollyanna
1257th Post

"Re(7):All hyped up for Graffiti Kingdom..." , posted Thu 28 Jul 06:54post reply

Iggy: Get in line. Maybe I should have a "husband olympics" where people compete in archery and pickle eating or something.

Spoon: Yes, all three of the PC Engine ones, but I didn't buy them, I played them at a friend's house. Were the covers really bad? I guess that sort of thing was commonplace back then.