OT - rocketscience - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1695 Views )

Rid
6752th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"OT - rocketscience" , posted Thu 21 Jul 22:41:post reply

Just showing the design of the main character of a webcomic I may or may not make. But I'll create more characters and define the overall world for sure.

Set in the city of Planetopia, no wars have led to a dream megalopolis with shiny skycrappers of of steel and glass. Zeppelins on the sky, rockets on the space, stylized trains everywhere. But of course there is times when people want to use technology for evil, and that's when heroes are needed. Heroes like Val Halley.

http://majoria.destiny3fates.net/rs/

Some extra sketches on my DA account

http://ridhershel.deviantart.com/

Comments are welcome!

[this message was edited by Rid on Thu 21 Jul 23:04]

Replies:

Burning Ranger
1248th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):OT - rocketscience" , posted Fri 22 Jul 00:13post reply

Interesting concept-- I guess you're trying to go for "What would the future look like if Sky Captain and the World of Tommorrow continued to today?" or a Buck Rogers feel? It makes sense, given your design for Val Halley. Nice.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Felicia & Morrigan: no explanation necessary.

Evenor
216th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):OT - rocketscience" , posted Fri 22 Jul 00:20:post reply

It like it. The design sorta reminds me of some of the extra outfits Ulala gets in SC5pt2.

edit: You know what would make this design even cooler?! Lose the boobs and just make him into a guy. GIVE HIM THE ASH(LEY) TREATMENT.

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

[this message was edited by Evenor on Fri 22 Jul 00:22]

Rid
6753th Post

"Re(3):OT - rocketscience" , posted Fri 22 Jul 07:35post reply

The overall concept is mostly influenced by Rocketeer and the original Flash Gordon strips (that I love) so you're close.

And Val's design was heavily influenced by a) Lili Levinas and b) some clothes I saw at a CLAMP manga.

Juan
4200th Post

"Re(1):OT - rocketscience" , posted Fri 22 Jul 07:52post reply

I told you before, but you are improving a lot. Hopefully you'll make at least a small one shot story. The designs and story sound fun.

quote:
Just showing the design of the main character of a webcomic I may or may not make. But I'll create more characters and define the overall world for sure.

Set in the city of Planetopia, no wars have led to a dream megalopolis with shiny skycrappers of of steel and glass. Zeppelins on the sky, rockets on the space, stylized trains everywhere. But of course there is times when people want to use technology for evil, and that's when heroes are needed. Heroes like Val Halley.

http://majoria.destiny3fates.net/rs/

Some extra sketches on my DA account

http://ridhershel.deviantart.com/

Comments are welcome!

Mav
94th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):OT - rocketscience" , posted Sat 23 Jul 12:23post reply

Interesting ideas. I've wanted to make a webcomic for years, but put it off because my main ideas and art keep changing. A friend finally suggested trying a different comic concept for practice, before moving on to the intended project. Just a thought if you get writers/artists block anywhere near as bad as I do.

Dr Baghead
3495th Post

"Re(1):OT - rocketscience" , posted Tue 26 Jul 05:24post reply

You should have called this "OT-rocketsceience: the web-comic" or something... I avoided reading this until now because I thought it was about actual rocket science!

I like your design for Val, it's very cute (can I draw you some fan art too?! she looks fun to draw)... have you ever seen the Little Nemo movie? It sounds like the world you're trying to create is similar to the Slumberland seen in that movie.

I hope someday you do make the web-comic, seems like a fun concept... hopefully you'll get around to making your web-comic faster then I get around to mine.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Rid
6762th Post

"Re(2):OT - rocketscience" , posted Tue 26 Jul 05:29:post reply

quote:
You should have called this "OT-rocketsceience: the web-comic" or something... I avoided reading this until now because I thought it was about actual rocket science!

I like your design for Val, it's very cute (can I draw you some fan art too?! she looks fun to draw)... have you ever seen the Little Nemo movie? It sounds like the world you're trying to create is similar to the Slumberland seen in that movie.

I hope someday you do make the web-comic, seems like a fun concept... hopefully you'll get around to making your web-comic faster then I get around to mine.

Sure, you can draw her! Send it to valhalley (at) gmail (dot) com. My problem is mostly lack of time for now, and finishing the designs of the rest of the cast.

I'll have the design of Val's rival soon.

edit: typo on my mail!

[this message was edited by Rid on Tue 26 Jul 06:59]