Original message (2163 Views )

Holiday
2520th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Anyone played Katamari Damacy 2 yet?" , posted Tue 19 Jul 01:14post reply

Should be getting mine at the end of the month, due to human error
orz

So, anyone played it yet? I know there are quite a few fans here (Iggy, Exodus?).

Replies:

Iggy
6895th Post

"Re(1):Anyone played Katamari Damacy 2 yet?" , posted Tue 19 Jul 01:20post reply

I wasn't a huge fan of the first game, so I skipped the sequel.

I heard several bad reports about the soundtrack. But the backstory of the King seems to be awesome.
Also, both Fabien Of Sugoi and Za Hague like the game, so it's not bad, to say the least.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Ammadeau
1397th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Anyone played Katamari Damacy 2 yet?" , posted Tue 19 Jul 02:06post reply

Waiting on US release. The original was the first non-import PS2 game I ever bought and I would hate to break the precedent.

So I've been playing STV instead. Most of the character designs are terrible, some of the redesigns are worse (when did Ogami regress 10 years?), in structure its almost identical to 1 and 3, but overall pretty good.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

exodus
2856th Post

"Re(3):Anyone played Katamari Damacy 2 yet?" , posted Tue 19 Jul 02:22post reply

lil bit, at my friend's house - also waiting for US release.

It seems to have fixed a few control bugs, but still feels somewhat slow when you're really huge. The missions are kind of cute, and you can make a MUCH bigger katamari, and there's a lot more to roll up. The music is good, but not quite as unified as the last soundtrack. The song with the pizacatto 5 girl is great.

The different environments are nice...overall I like it. I mean...it's basically Katamari 2 - nothing really new or crazy, but who expected more? If it's not broken, don't fix, etc. It's still a cool game, but largely in the 'more of the same' camp. I don't think it'll get anyone as excited as the first one did, because the novelty/innovation thing isn't there anymore. But it's still fun, still worth buying.

Now for Taito arcade memories!!!

Pollyanna
1242th Post

"Re(4):Anyone played Katamari Damacy 2 yet?" , posted Tue 19 Jul 06:13post reply

I just saw the opening. I might watch a friend of mine play it, but it's not worth the money for me.

But WOW the opening where they explain what happened in the last game made me laugh pretty hard.

sklathill
166th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Anyone played Katamari Damacy 2 yet?" , posted Tue 19 Jul 08:17post reply

Been playing it a bit...

Now, I'm a pretty good, pretty efficient Katamari player... so I was very surprised when doing a two player cooperative for the first time that I beat my previous record on that level. That was interesting.

I also thoroughly enjoy the new soundtrack.

The Temptation of Wheat is upon us!
---
www.insertcredit.com

Pollyanna
1245th Post

"Re(2):Anyone played Katamari Damacy 2 yet?" , posted Tue 19 Jul 10:45post reply

quote:
I wasn't a huge fan of the first game, so I skipped the sequel.

That seems a bit odd to me, since I've heard you say so many good things about KD. (unless that's a failed attempt at sarcasm) Actually, I imported KD on your recommendation.

Iggy
6900th Post

"Re(3):Anyone played Katamari Damacy 2 yet?" , posted Tue 19 Jul 18:27post reply

quote:
That seems a bit odd to me, since I've heard you say so many good things about KD. (unless that's a failed attempt at sarcasm) Actually, I imported KD on your recommendation.

Ehehe....
I really, really liked it, the ambiance, everything, but... it did bored me pretty fast.
Once I had it finished, I only played the last level 4 or 5 times, and that was it.

Well, maybe Minstrel Song is distording my memories of all the games before him.
I unsealed it and fought Sheraha two days ago, with a slightly underleveled team. Poor Silver and Dark died, the fight was one of my favourite videogame moments ever. And this music...
I saved just before her, I'll try to do her again without having any loss in my team when I'll have some free time on my hands.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

sabo10
1175th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):Anyone played Katamari Damacy 2 yet?" , posted Tue 19 Jul 19:51post reply

quote:
overall I like it. I mean...it's basically Katamari 2 - nothing really new or crazy, but who expected more? If it's not broken, don't fix, etc. It's still a cool game, but largely in the 'more of the same' camp.

Exodus' writing is getting very professional.

exodus
2862th Post

"Re(5):Anyone played Katamari Damacy 2 yet?" , posted Wed 20 Jul 01:49post reply

quote:

Exodus' writing is getting very professional.

whilst mowing the lawn at my mom's house (which is a pain in the butt, by the way. Guess you're never too old to mow mom's lawn), I developed an entire article in my head about the problems with new game journalism. I think I should write it. Actually having some professional experience changed my perspective slightly.

sabo10
1176th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(6):Anyone played Katamari Damacy 2 yet?" , posted Wed 20 Jul 20:10post reply

Speaking of, my favorite writing of Tim's lately has been when he waddles over to Andrew Vestal's blog and initiates a slap fight that goes back and forth between the two, escalating in intensity to the point where it seems as if the sexual tension between them will just explode, and they will instantly embrace and passionately tongue each other for hours.

exodus
2864th Post

"Re(7):Anyone played Katamari Damacy 2 yet?" , posted Thu 21 Jul 01:56post reply

hah!
good point.

CHAZumaru
184th Post

Regular Customer

"Anyone loved Katamari Damacy 2 yet?" , posted Fri 22 Jul 19:54post reply

http://rapidshare.de/files/3257233/Katamari_2_Katamari_on_the_Swing.zip.html

Share the love on the swing !

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

Kikkoken
934th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Anyone loved Katamari Damacy 2 yet?" , posted Fri 22 Jul 19:58post reply

I'm keepin my money to buy the DS version.

KTallguy
701th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(6):Anyone played Katamari Damacy 2 yet?" , posted Fri 22 Jul 20:24post reply

quote:

I developed an entire article in my head about the problems with new game journalism. I think I should write it. Actually having some professional experience changed my perspective slightly.

I'd love to read it. You're really inspiring me to write more as well. Your site and Large Prime Numbers are always excellent reads.

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"