Jump Superstars videos and TV spots - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2200 Views )

Cain Highwind
578th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Jump Superstars videos and TV spots" , posted Sat 16 Jul 20:28post reply

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/ajsj/index.html

It's the blue buttons for those who couln't tell. You can also Save them using WMP by just going File, Save AS after the movie loads.

Replies:

Time Mage
2202th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Jump Superstars videos and TV spots" , posted Sat 16 Jul 21:41post reply

Well, the game looks really good now. Who is programming it, Nintendo? The animations of the characters look fluid, and being so many of them it's remarkable.

Shingo The One
589th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Jump Superstars videos and TV spots" , posted Sun 17 Jul 05:17post reply

quote:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/ajsj/index.html

It's the blue buttons for those who couln't tell. You can also Save them using WMP by just going File, Save AS after the movie loads.

Very interesting indeed.27 franchises, from the classic(Dragonball) to the modern(Naruto), all from THE Japanese weekly magazine per se, Shonen Jump, 150 characters, and practically an unlimited variety of attacks.And already with the preorders, this game easily is in a way the best thing this handheld already has.Now who knows if this kind of cool shit could ever show up on PS2.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Magus Darkstar
244th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Jump Superstars videos and TV spots" , posted Sun 17 Jul 06:43post reply

I cannot preorder fast enough.

| Darkstar Okonomiyaki | Mitsuketa! Japanese Lyrics |

Just a Person
728th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Doubt about Jump Superstars..." , posted Mon 18 Jul 02:50post reply

A little bit off-topic, but I just have to ask: the characters in this game are made from sprites, right? And most 2D fighting games I remember usually just revert the image of the character when he/she changes sides with the opponent (except for Gill in SFIII).
Now, sorry if I'm not being clear, but here's my doubt: I've seen a screenshot of Kenshin (looking to the right), and of course, his right side of the face didn't have the scar (since it is in his left side of the face). But when he faces left, is there any chance that his scar appears or will the game just "change" his scar to the other side of the face??

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Baines
112th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Doubt about Jump Superstars..." , posted Mon 18 Jul 05:40post reply

quote:
But when he faces left, is there any chance that his scar appears or will the game just "change" his scar to the other side of the face??

It really just depends on what they decide to do.

Odds are the scar will just mirror like everything else.

Somewhat less likely is that everything else will mirror, but the scar will appear and disappear according to facing. That can be done in a few ways. Altered mirrored heads for Kenshin could be created (adding not too much of a memory cost,) or the scar itself could be a sprite pasted upon Kenshin as needed. (Samurai Spirits, for example, pastes the weapon sprites onto the character sprites to make the difference between armed and unarmed.)

But there won't be any way to tell until the game comes out, unless you see pictures of Kenshin facing left in the meantime.

Freeter
4302th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"jump" , posted Mon 18 Jul 07:39post reply

Dream Combo Rasengan =

Cain Highwind
580th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):jump" , posted Mon 18 Jul 12:17:post reply

quote:
Dream Combo Rasengan =

Love the new sig, Freeter.

quote:
Who is programming it, Nintendo?

It's actually a company called Ganbarion (I think I heard they did some of the recent Naruto games?)

But it was said when it was announced that Miyamoto was overseeing development of it.

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Mon 18 Jul 12:19]

Pollyanna
1241th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):jump" , posted Mon 18 Jul 15:55post reply

Ganbarion does One Piece games, not Naruto. Based on their track record, I have no reason to believe that Jump Superstars will be anything more than a temporarily fun, thoroughly mediocre game. The sprites look great, and I'm excited about many of the characters, but that's it. The more I see flashy comboes, the more I worry, as, based on the system, they'll just be button-jamming ones. I have no reason to think that the game will be as technical as Smash Bros, but I hope it's not totally mindless, either.

I'm worried...because I'm willing to buy a DS for the game, but I want to wait on reviews. The problem is, I doubt I can get a decent review on it, because people will either be positively biased by the cool idea, negatively biased because their favorite series/character is missing, or just won't get it. I'd like a Jump fan such as myself to scrutinize it as a game.

Shingo The One
590th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):jump" , posted Mon 18 Jul 16:13post reply

quote:
Dream Combo Rasengan =

Great AV Freeter.Well now, it seems that after me, Digitalboy and NARUTO, there is another member of the Cafe who is a fan of the greatest manga/anime franchise ever!BTW Freeter, you do know that in the game there's an unbelievable Ultimate Attack jutsu called Rasengan Kamehameha?

threesixtee
875th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):jump" , posted Tue 19 Jul 04:03post reply

is kenshiro in this? now that jojo and dio are confirmed, I want to pit ORAORAORAORAORAORA vs. ATATATATATATAA

GPA
5th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):jump" , posted Tue 19 Jul 04:22post reply

quote:
Dream Combo Rasengan =
Great AV Freeter.Well now, it seems that after me, Digitalboy and NARUTO, there is another member of the Cafe who is a fan of the greatest manga/anime franchise ever!BTW Freeter, you do know that in the game there's an unbelievable Ultimate Attack jutsu called Rasengan Kamehameha?

It also has Rasenganki Dama...

Tai-Pan
35th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):jump" , posted Tue 19 Jul 04:30post reply

quote:
Ganbarion does One Piece games, not Naruto. Based on their track record, I have no reason to believe that Jump Superstars will be anything more than a temporarily fun, thoroughly mediocre game. The sprites look great, and I'm excited about many of the characters, but that's it. The more I see flashy comboes, the more I worry, as, based on the system, they'll just be button-jamming ones. I have no reason to think that the game will be as technical as Smash Bros, but I hope it's not totally mindless, either.

I'm worried...because I'm willing to buy a DS for the game, but I want to wait on reviews. The problem is, I doubt I can get a decent review on it, because people will either be positively biased by the cool idea, negatively biased because their favorite series/character is missing, or just won't get it. I'd like a Jump fan such as myself to scrutinize it as a game.

Remember the time when there was no Internet (no information) and we all used to buy any game without knowing anything about it? We used to buy crap and we learned to adore it, or at least we werent as biased as now, ahh..it was easier, we spent more time playing and not talking about the games.
Polly, if you think you will like it, and if you have money to spend, just buy it, you will probably like it ;)

hayaku!!

Pollyanna
1243th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):jump" , posted Tue 19 Jul 06:26post reply

quote:

Remember the time when there was no Internet (no information) and we all used to buy any game without knowing anything about it? We used to buy crap and we learned to adore it, or at least we werent as biased as now, ahh..it was easier, we spent more time playing and not talking about the games.
Polly, if you think you will like it, and if you have money to spend, just buy it, you will probably like it ;)

I appreciate your romanticism, but I don't think things have changed that much. As you said (or implied) we talk/read too much now, but that doesn't really change anything. As much as I talk to people about games or read reviews, they're all either ridiculously biased or totally wrong. I can't trust any gaming magazine/online publication and 99 times out of 100, I can't trust Gamefaqs. So I'm in the same situation I was in when I was a kid where I look at the pictures, find out what the game is about, and take a leap of faith.

I have taken too many leaps of faith into painful scorpion pits and the market is far too crowded for me to make myself like a game when I can spend time with a different game I may like.

I will never run out of things to buy, so why not spend my money on a different game, or a few new CDs, or a pretty dress, or a slave, or recording equipment or whatever?

Note: Oh, I realize I got in trouble for saying "biased" before, as all reviews are biased, but the reviews on Gamefaqs that give games 1s or 10s based on the polar extremes of "like" and "dislike" are "ridiculously biased. As are "professional" reviews by people who simply don't understand what they're playing.

Tai-Pan
37th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):jump" , posted Tue 19 Jul 12:35:post reply

quote:

I appreciate your romanticism, but I don't think things have changed that much. As you said (or implied) we talk/read too much now, but that doesn't really change anything. As much as I talk to people about games or read reviews, they're all either ridiculously biased or totally wrong. I can't trust any gaming magazine/online publication and 99 times out of 100, I can't trust Gamefaqs. So I'm in the same situation I was in when I was a kid where I look at the pictures, find out what the game is about, and take a leap of faith.

I have taken too many leaps of faith into painful scorpion pits and the market is far too crowded for me to make myself like a game when I can spend time with a different game I may like.

I will never run out of things to buy, so why not spend my money on a different game, or a few new CDs, or a pretty dress, or a slave, or recording equipment or whatever?

Note: Oh, I realize I got in trouble for saying "biased" before, as all reviews are biased, but the reviews on Gamefaqs that give games 1s or 10s based on the polar extremes of "like" and "dislike" are "ridiculously biased. As are "professional" reviews by people who simply don't understand what they're playing.

Youve got a good point there; yea, so im gonna stick to my opinion that we talk too much now instead of playing,,,well,, i think i just got romantic and was speaking like an old person about my good old times of video games..sigh

hayaku!!

[this message was edited by Tai-Pan on Tue 19 Jul 12:41]

Shingo The One
593th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"There's still time to get it!" , posted Tue 19 Jul 23:38post reply

quote:
is kenshiro in this? now that jojo and dio are confirmed, I want to pit ORAORAORAORAORAORA vs. ATATATATATATAA

Hey guys, if any of you still hasn't preordered this game, there's still a bit more time.Lik-Sang still has a few more preorders for this game left.
And I'm sorry threesixtree, but from what I got, it seems that Shonen Jump doesn't have the rights for Hokuto no Ken anymore.At least, there's the upcoming three-year release spanning new OVA/movie series to look forward to starting early next year.