THE OneechanPuruu - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1800 Views )

OrochiChris
87th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"THE OneechanPuruu" , posted Mon 11 Jul 21:23:post reply

I haven't posted in about forever... but I really liked The Oneechanbara, and was wondering if anyone got this yet. (Like, is it more of the same? The screenshots look like it is, but..)

Edit: Well, since it's also a budget title, I might as well just order it. =d Oh! And I saw that The Oneechanbara is being released in Europe as "Zombie Zone"... bleh title

Edit the 2nd: Epiphany! "The Oneechanpuruu"'s pun is "Onee-chan" and "Champloo". heheh. (Yeah, I'm slow when it comes to things like this)

Cathy: オー! バイオレンス!アーユー ヒール?
ワッチュアネーム?

Shinobu: な、なんだぁ!? くっ...でけぇ... 一体何食ってやがんだぁ!?
えぇい! 日本に来たら、日本語喋れってんだっ!
In Soviet Russia Nekketsu Seishun Nikki plays YOU!

[this message was edited by OrochiChris on Tue 12 Jul 06:57]

Replies:

Ammadeau
1390th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):THE OneechanPuruu" , posted Tue 12 Jul 11:28post reply

It's essentially an upgrade of the original game, it's also the version that will probably get released in Europe because the harder to change text is all in English.

Four playable characters now (3 available at start) each with two different styles of costumes and multiple colors for each. They play a bit differently. They all have different sword combos, and other minor quirks. For example, Saki's (evil sister) crowd clearing attack hits a much bigger area, making it an easy way to rack huge combos, but also raises her blood rage (forget the real name for it) gauge. The only change I've seen for the main char Aya is her blood rage mode has flames rising from her body which looks pretty impressive.

Gameplay has been tweaked a bit. The window for combos is shorter, but now doing evade rolls will bump it up. There's also a map which shows where the next objective is, and also lots of red dots for the zombies. It's downright creepy to turn away from them and see all these red dots heading for you.

Got to third level, but so far all of them are identical to the original game, including using the hospital a second time. Slowdown is still present, but occasionally getting stuck problem seems to be gone. There's an entirely new level for survival for some reason, best looking level in the game, though it's tiny. Quest seems pretty much identical to the first, and no import data so I have to do it all over again.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

OrochiChris
88th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):THE OneechanPuruu" , posted Thu 14 Jul 10:17post reply

I got it today; on bootup, it detected a savefile from The Oneechanbara and unlocked all of Aya's costumes from that game, plus Saki. Then I looked at GameFAQs and saw that it was already submitted as a secret, bleh =P

Cathy: オー! バイオレンス!アーユー ヒール?
ワッチュアネーム?

Shinobu: な、なんだぁ!? くっ...でけぇ... 一体何食ってやがんだぁ!?
えぇい! 日本に来たら、日本語喋れってんだっ!
In Soviet Russia Nekketsu Seishun Nikki plays YOU!