For those who've played Shining Tears.... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1467 Views )

talbaineric
6168th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"For those who've played Shining Tears...." , posted Sun 10 Jul 03:46post reply

What are your opinions of this game? Is it worth the incredible 50 dollars it's priced as?

I recall games like Secret of Mana very vaguely for the SNES (good days right there) and I loved that game. And I hear ST is the same pretty much.

Is it worth buying and are the graphics up to par?

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

Replies:

Amakusa
626th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):For those who've played Shining Tears.." , posted Sun 10 Jul 06:11post reply

quote:

Is it worth buying and are the graphics up to par?

I think it's worth buying, the graphics look good, but not for $50. The only thing I find really wrong with the game is the loading... which is quite excessive and is a big reason why people don't like the game.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Syo
136th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):For those who've played Shining Tears.." , posted Sun 10 Jul 08:20post reply

Yeah, the game's not worth $50. Especially since I've been told the US version was quite heavily shafted i.e. redone instrumental intro with cuts to the opening animation and some cut and paste sections. Also to top that off, most of the excessive loading is when you speak to other people, text boxes that load and try to stream some voiced dialogue that doesn't exist in the english version. It's a pity really, I was so enjoying this game after working through it's faults, then someone had to tell me about all the changes on the localised version and now I can't find the drive to keep playing anymore...

"YO-HO! BOKU LIME!"

Hagen de Merak
895th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):For those who've played Shining Tears.." , posted Sun 10 Jul 13:03post reply

quote:
Yeah, the game's not worth $50. Especially since I've been told the US version was quite heavily shafted i.e. redone instrumental intro with cuts to the opening animation and some cut and paste sections. Also to top that off, most of the excessive loading is when you speak to other people, text boxes that load and try to stream some voiced dialogue that doesn't exist in the english version. It's a pity really, I was so enjoying this game after working through it's faults, then someone had to tell me about all the changes on the localised version and now I can't find the drive to keep playing anymore...