Anyone playing OZ (Over Zenith)? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1800 Views )

Salamande
6th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"Anyone playing OZ (Over Zenith)?" , posted Wed 6 Jul 17:45post reply

It's basically a Shinobi-type action game where you play simultaneously with 2 other characters, controlled by the computer. The hook is that you need to bounce enemies between yourselves to gain "tension", or special meter energy, which you can use to unleash flashy finishing moves (as well as bumping up your cash multiplier). Between levels you can buy stat upgrades and items, and you can redo stages to gain more cash, or just to practice.

It takes quite a bit of time to get used to the juggling system, but it's rewarding and quite fun....for the most part. As it stands now, however, I'm about to throw this thing out the window. Stage 11 is killing me - it's the stage where you have to protect the torches from wave after wave of enemies. I can get about 20 waves in before I fail. Anyone have any suggestions? Or should I just go back and level up?

Replies:

RaveWagu
1th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Anyone playing OZ (Over Zenith)?" , posted Thu 7 Jul 02:06:post reply

Definitely my least favorite episode.
What I did was I checked the radar constantly to see if any enemies were starting to swarm around any of the generators. If there were any I'd run over to them, line them up so that my allies can receive my attacks and used r1+forward+attack to bat them at my allies. I also ignored focusing on combos if there's more than one of the generators being attacked, just launching the enemies into a juggle was more than enough to keep a combo going as well as the tension meter rising. Other than that, I used team specials to take out as many of the enemies as I could at once.

*EDIT* I also found it easier to defend 1 or 2 generators instead of all 4.

[this message was edited by RaveWagu on Thu 7 Jul 02:48]

Salamande
7th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Anyone playing OZ (Over Zenith)?" , posted Thu 7 Jul 07:15post reply

Yeah, my other strategy was pretty much just worring about a couple of the generators, and letting the others burn. I'll try it again tonight. Thanks for the suggestions.

NARUTO
3139th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Anyone playing OZ (Over Zenith)?" , posted Thu 7 Jul 17:58post reply

just a question about the game, how are the graphisms? I mean qualiy wise...

We are all mad at some point....

Salamande
9th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Anyone playing OZ (Over Zenith)?" , posted Fri 8 Jul 12:24:post reply

The graphics kinda vary. The characters themselves are pretty nice looking, and some of the bosses are incredible. The environments...not so much. But you won't really be looking at the surroundings if you're trying to get a 16x combo going.

By the way, the music is by Michiru Yamane, the same woman who does the Castlevania stuff, with a vocal theme and everything. It's amazing, and I'll be buying the OST.

(Edit: finally got past stage 11. Now I'm trying to limp through stage 13...damn rocket sleds. Think I'll lay it aside for a while and work on some Killer 7. At least that's an easy one...)

[this message was edited by Salamande on Fri 8 Jul 12:32]