Jojo preview in American Shonen Jump - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2340 Views )

GekigangerV
1132th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Jojo preview in American Shonen Jump" , posted Tue 5 Jul 07:14post reply

Just spreading the word if someone was interested. There is a one chapter preview in the latest Shonen Jump. I didn't have a chance to actually read it at the shop, just skimmed through it really fast.

Replies:

Sano
1862th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Jojo preview in American Shonen Jump" , posted Tue 5 Jul 10:20post reply

quote:
Just spreading the word if someone was interested. There is a one chapter preview in the latest Shonen Jump. I didn't have a chance to actually read it at the shop, just skimmed through it really fast.

Are they starting at the very beginning of the manga with Jonathan Joestar or are they starting at the third chapter with Kujo Jotaro?

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

GekigangerV
1133th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Jojo preview in American Shonen Jump" , posted Tue 5 Jul 11:04post reply

quote:

Are they starting at the very beginning of the manga with Jonathan Joestar or are they starting at the third chapter with Kujo Jotaro?

Jotaro.

Magus Darkstar
243th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Jojo preview in American Shonen Jump" , posted Tue 5 Jul 16:36post reply

quote:

Jotaro.

I'll take what I can get

| Darkstar Okonomiyaki | Mitsuketa! Japanese Lyrics |

HAYATO
445th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Jojo preview in American Shonen Jump" , posted Tue 5 Jul 21:08post reply

quote:

I'll take what I can get

I just hope Viz doesn't screw it in the end, but I won't bet my neck on it...anyway I'm more interested in the current JoJo 7 plot development than in the US edition of the most-known-about JoJo series.

Sano
1864th Post

"Re(5):Jojo preview in American Shonen Jump" , posted Wed 6 Jul 00:12:post reply

Ah, should of expected they'd start with the third chapter. Oh well, there's still the scanlations of the first 2 chapters over at Ignition One's site. The third chapter's my favorite but I really like the first two chapters too. Fourth chapter's not my cup of tea, haven't really checked out 5 and the last chapter I checked out (just the beginning) was the one with Jotaro's daughter in jail which I thought was really cool.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 6 Jul 00:13]

Iggy
6825th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(5):Jojo preview in American Shonen Jump" , posted Wed 6 Jul 02:28post reply

quote:
anyway I'm more interested in the current JoJo 7 plot development

Wow, hardcore.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

HAYATO
446th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Jojo preview in American Shonen Jump" , posted Wed 6 Jul 06:50post reply

quote:
Wow, hardcore.

Don't you like Steel Ball Run, Iggy-tan? Now that Araki decided to officially rename it to JoJo 7, Joseph of Arimatea is involved and Stands speak in latin, any other manga plot seems empty and tasteless to me...

Bootation
483th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Jojo preview in American Shonen Jump" , posted Wed 6 Jul 07:15:post reply

quote:
Wow, hardcore.

Don't you like Steel Ball Run, Iggy-tan? Now that Araki decided to officially rename it to JoJo 7, Joseph of Arimatea is involved and Stands speak in latin, any other manga plot seems empty and tasteless to me...

Thats a pretty good comic.. How much is it for a subscription. I used to have a subscription to Heavy Metal which is kinda like the american version of Shonen Jump imo.
Is there any other manga magazines of that caliber for sale in the states right now?

o.t.
Also here is a listing of a bunch of anime videos I have for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6411106613&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

212 Anime Videos! No Reserve.
Nadesico, Tylor, A-Ko,Tenchi,Wanderers, Berserk, Hentai

Pretty please check out my neato sweet awesome webpage

[this message was edited by Bootation on Wed 6 Jul 07:18]

Iggy
6830th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"BASTARD !! Kanzenban 3" , posted Fri 8 Jul 00:58:post reply

quote:
Now that Araki decided to officially rename it to JoJo 7, Joseph of Arimatea is involved and Stands speak in latin, any other manga plot seems empty and tasteless to me...

I don't know, I haven't read past volume 2.
But...wow.

Speaking of unlikely things, Hagi is going to release the 3rd volume of Bastard !! kanzenban next month.
This was my WTF thing of the day.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 8 Jul 01:52]

Sano
1865th Post

"Re(1):BASTARD !! Kanzenban 3" , posted Fri 8 Jul 01:12post reply

I saw the preview in Shonen Jump. I'm kind of dissapointed that they called him Jotaro Kujo instead of Kujo Jotaro(last name first Japanese style) because you kind of loose the JoJo pun. At least in the Rurouni Kenshin Manga they keep the last names first. Anyway, I'm still excited about the translation. I hope they do go monthly at some point like Rurouni Kenshin does, but that depends on sales. There's no way we are ever going to get up to speed with one book every 2 or 3 months.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

HAYATO
450th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):BASTARD !! Kanzenban 3" , posted Fri 8 Jul 17:01post reply

quote:
There's no way we are ever going to get up to speed with one book every 2 or 3 months.

Well, the slowlier they release the volumes, the better for scanlation groups to avoid license problems. Hanamichi said they are going to avoid scanlating JoJo 3 because the Viz translator in charge of it is a good friend of his, but he didn't told a thing about the other series, so there is still a little chance of getting JoJo 4/5/6 scanlated...