House of the dead 4 locktest.... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2515 Views )

NARUTO
3136th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Mon 4 Jul 17:22post reply

There is a lock test of the game at Ikebukuro, and so far nothing to much about it. the heros are new (a man and a girl) the gun's seems to be shaped like some "Uzi" thing and a button on the side of the weapon is made to launch a grenade...

The game seems to be very nice and like RE4 the zombie comes in grounp, sometimes 8 or 10...more info later I think...

Reload!

RELOAD!!!

Credit to Neo-arcadia.

We are all mad at some point....

Replies:

Kilvear
87th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Mon 4 Jul 23:45post reply

quote:
There is a lock test of the game at Ikebukuro, and so far nothing to much about it. the heros are new (a man and a girl) the gun's seems to be shaped like some "Uzi" thing and a button on the side of the weapon is made to launch a grenade...

The game seems to be very nice and like RE4 the zombie comes in grounp, sometimes 8 or 10...more info later I think...

Reload!

RELOAD!!!

Credit to Neo-arcadia.

When I first saw the person playing, I was shocked.

I thought "DUAL MP5s!!" Man you can't get cooler than that. Than I realise the person is playing both players are once.

MP5 is stilll cool though.

Nothing Serious. Casuals Only.

alsa
12th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Mon 4 Jul 23:55post reply

nice so we can see this thing inside consoles soon and the PC version too (PC version is two years later)

Count Hihihi
34th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Tue 5 Jul 00:21post reply

quote:

Reload!

RELOAD!!!

Credit to Neo-arcadia.

I thought "DUAL MP5s!!" Man you can't get cooler than that. Than I realise the person is playing both players are once.

MP5? No.

Oroch
831th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Tue 5 Jul 01:58post reply

quote:

Reload!

RELOAD!!!

Credit to Neo-arcadia.

MP5? No.

mini uzi maybe or maybe a regular sized uzi

Ishmael
2082th Post

"Re(4):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Tue 5 Jul 05:17post reply

I like the baskets next to the games that, I presume, are there to hold your stuff while you play. As long as you can still knock hunks off the zombies as you shoot them I'm sure I'll give it a try.

Gojira
1770th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(5):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Tue 5 Jul 05:23post reply

These are from IGN? I love how they're so huge you can read the "NO PICTURES" sign above the cabinet.

Hopefully this will be more like HotD2. 3 kind of screwed it up for me. I liked it better when path branches were hidden.

Burning Ranger
1236th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Tue 5 Jul 10:34post reply

quote:

Reload!

RELOAD!!!

Credit to Neo-arcadia.

I like those snazzy widescreen monitors. But the game itself will be too expensive for many mom&pop arcades, probably limited to Dave & Busters and Gameworks.

Oh yeah, the game looks nice too.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Felicia & Morrigan: no explanation necessary.

Nate
627th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Tue 5 Jul 15:34post reply

One thing I will always hate about House of the Dead is the cheap hits you have no way of getting out of, unlike in Time Crisis.

I dunno, maybe I just don't know where to shoot or I'm not fast enough but I feel like a lot of the time the game is just itching to make me continue as many times as possible.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

NARUTO
3137th Post

"Re(6):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Tue 5 Jul 17:09post reply

quote:
Hopefully this will be more like HotD2. 3 kind of screwed it up for me. I liked it better when path branches were hidden.

So true, I've spended so much time in order to find them all... And better bosses, HOTD 3 have pittyfull bosses....

Spoon
1119th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(7):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Tue 5 Jul 19:19post reply

quote:
HOTD 3 have pittyfull bosses....

HOTD 3 sucked, nevermind the bosses.

Gojira
1772th Post

"Re(3):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Wed 6 Jul 11:54post reply

quote:
One thing I will always hate about House of the Dead is the cheap hits you have no way of getting out of, unlike in Time Crisis.

I dunno, maybe I just don't know where to shoot or I'm not fast enough but I feel like a lot of the time the game is just itching to make me continue as many times as possible.

These games are all about rote memorization and weak points. I don't know about HotD3, but in the first one I was able to finish the game without continuing. HotD2 was a little harder, but I could get up to stage 3 at least without getting hit.

NARUTO
3138th Post

"Re(4):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Wed 6 Jul 17:11post reply

quote:
These games are all about rote memorization and weak points. I don't know about HotD3, but in the first one I was able to finish the game without continuing. HotD2 was a little harder, but I could get up to stage 3 at least without getting hit.

Wierd... I wonder if this have nothing to do with the game setting, because where I play it's totaly the oposite...
HOTD 1 is fu**ing hard, I can't pass the 2nd boss (huge bat thing) while on HOTD 2 I can go to the empror like a breeze...

editor
5th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Wed 6 Jul 20:47post reply

quote:

Reload!

RELOAD!!!

Credit to Neo-arcadia.

MP5? No.

mini uzi maybe or maybe a regular sized uzi

gun is a Ingram M11

Editor
The Stinger Report"the 'out-of-home entertainment news service"
Link Here

Gojira
1780th Post

"Re(5):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Sun 10 Jul 06:46post reply

A few new shots at IGN

NARUTO
3145th Post

"Re(6):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Tue 12 Jul 18:49post reply

It seems that you'll need to shake the gun in order to reload... and you'll need to shake it too when an opponent grabs you, like the 1st boss "Justice"...

We are all mad at some point...

Ishmael
2092th Post

"Re(7):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Tue 12 Jul 21:03post reply

quote:
It seems that you'll need to shake the gun in order to reload... and you'll need to shake it too when an opponent grabs you, like the 1st boss "Justice"...

You have to shake to reload? While shooting off-screen -or covering the sensor with your other hand- wasn't the greatest way to reload it was at least consistent.

editor
6th Post

New Customer

"Re(8):House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Thu 21 Jul 07:23post reply

quote:

You have to shake to reload? While shooting off-screen -or covering the sensor with your other hand- wasn't the greatest way to reload it was at least consistent.

[Copy of the email sent to EDGE and GAMEStm magazines, just thought you guys would also like a opportunity to answer]

We at the amusement trade e-Newsletter are completing a feature on the recent buzz around the LindBergh Sega architecture. In completing this feature we would like to ask those in the consumer games sector some searching questions. We would like to report your answers and look forward to your reply:

Questions
1. SEGA stated as far back as 2004 that the CHIHIRO would not have its content converted to consumer platforms after ‘OutRun 2’, and that with the new LindBergh they continued this comment, no VF4 or VF5 on Xbox or PS2 and no ‘Daytona 3’ or ‘Afterburner 3’. Why did the consumer media still run the story as if this had anything to do with consumer releases?

2. Is there concern by media in the consumer field that players are becoming more interested in the new arcade stuff. Never before have so many fan sites run the LindBergh story, and for a number of sites that never covered arcade all of a sudden found House of the Dead 4 one of the most interesting stories since E3!

3. Would the lack of VF4/5, HotD4 and AB3 on the console scene mean that consumer media will now have to look again at amusement / arcade coverage?

4. With news of the Taito and Namco PC arcade releases (Counter Strike Neo and Half Life 2 Arcade) offering new amusement opportunities to popular consumer PC content, could you see arcade gaming as a new vein of player interest?

5. With the success of prize tournament gaming in the amusement field, but the failure of the Xbox Arcade tournament and PS2 equivalent, do you think the new Next Generation consoles can compete against the million dollar prize payout of games like the arcade Golden Tee series?

Thank you for your time in answering these points.

Editor
The Stinger Report"the 'out-of-home entertainment news service"
Link Here

CauseOfChaos
5th Post

New Customer

"Re:House of the dead 4 locktest...." , posted Tue 2 Aug 08:37post reply

Ahh... The days where one has to spend time down the local arcades just to play certain games is approaching!!! BTW can't wait for HOTD4!!!

cause_of_chaos