Original message (1663 Views )

Burning Ranger
1229th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Japanese Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 29 Jun 12:32post reply

http://www.foxjapan.com/movies/f4/trailer/trailer.html

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -

It's better than what us yanks have seen so far!

End of Spoiler

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Felicia & Morrigan: no explanation necessary.

Replies:

ONSLAUGHT
3388th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Japanese Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 29 Jun 12:47post reply

quote:
http://www.foxjapan.com/movies/f4/trailer/trailer.html

Better indeed.
It looks good, but there are several things I'm not liking so far.
Most of the changes don't bother me, like Doom being affected by the cosmic rays, or the fact that Richards wants to research the DNA in outer space. But turning Doom into Electro and having him battle in the streets like a lowlife with superpowers doesn't seem to be a good idea...
But perhaps this movie is a setup, and we'll see Doom scheming and manipulating some other villains in the sequel... at least I hope so.

Oh yes, the effects look great.

Baines
100th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Japanese Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 29 Jun 13:17post reply

quote:
But perhaps this movie is a setup, and we'll see Doom scheming and manipulating some other villains in the sequel... at least I hope so.

Well, the director said he "researched" the FF by reading Ultimate Fantastic Four. (The characterization in Ultimate FF is pretty one dimensional. And Doom there is a stuck up wannabe named Van Damme, that is turned into a metal satan/goatman, and tries to build himself a kingdom by mindcontrolling disposed homeless teens.)

And said he liked Doom because Doom was one of the simplest villians Marvel had, because Doom had no other motivation other than to beat Reed.

And this is a movie that has Doom saying "You're fired" as he shoots electricity at Sue.

Personally, movies like Spider-Man are the flukes when it comes to Marvel. Spider-Man just happened to get the right director to do a good job. Blade (the first) mainly took names from the comic, as did Men in Black (which was very loosely based on a comic made by a company that Marvel had bought.)

Avi Arad either doesn't know what he is doing when he licenses movies or doesn't care. Considering that he wants Ghost Rider to face a tidal wave because he liked the look of the CG in Perfect Storm and likes the idea of seeing Ghost Rider's skull still burning while underwater, I'd lean towards "doesn't know what he is doing." And I won't even mention the direct-to-video garbage that is Man-Thing.

Hungrywolf
3061th Post

"Re(3):Japanese Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 29 Jun 15:18post reply

quote:

Well, the director said he "researched" the FF by reading Ultimate Fantastic Four. (The characterization in Ultimate FF is pretty one dimensional. And Doom there is a stuck up wannabe named Van Damme, that is turned into a metal satan/goatman, and tries to build himself a kingdom by mindcontrolling disposed homeless teens.)

And said he liked Doom because Doom was one of the simplest villians Marvel had, because Doom had no other motivation other than to beat Reed.

And this is a movie that has Doom saying "You're fired" as he shoots electricity at Sue.

Personally, movies like Spider-Man are the flukes when it comes to Marvel. Spider-Man just happened to get the right director to do a good job. Blade (the first) mainly took names from the comic, as did Men in Black (which was very loosely based on a comic made by a company that Marvel had bought.)

Avi Arad either doesn't know what he is doing when he licenses movies or doesn't care. Considering that he wants Ghost Rider to face a tidal wave because he liked the look of the CG in Perfect Storm and likes the idea of seeing Ghost Rider's skull still burning while underwater, I'd lean towards "doesn't know what he is doing." And I won't even mention the direct-to-video garbage that is Man-Thing.

At least Doom doesn't have goat legs in the movie, thank God. And maybe the actors at least researched better and Doom may come off better for that than for the director. I like the effects I've seen with Mr. Fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing him in action the most.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Ammadeau
1388th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Japanese Fantastic Four trailer" , posted Wed 29 Jun 20:19post reply

quote:
At least Doom doesn't have goat legs in the movie, thank God. And maybe the actors at least researched better and Doom may come off better for that than for the director.

Have you actually seen the trailer? Because it makes it painfully clear this just isn't going to happen, and it's probably the number one thing keeping me from seeing it.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Dr Baghead
3478th Post

"FANTASTIC...." , posted Thu 30 Jun 13:24post reply

FOUR ME TO POOP ON!!!

I don't care how the movie turns out, but if I was film critic that would TOTALLY be my blurb for the movie.

Sorry to waste everyone's time just wanted to share that.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)