Question concerning dmc 3 weapons - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1592 Views )

catalyst
58th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"Question concerning dmc 3 weapons" , posted Tue 28 Jun 04:00post reply

The thought came to mind today when I'm on my holiday off work and playing devil may cry 3. I'm not sure if this question was asked before but if it is flame away.

Anyways, I'm not sure if anyone caught this but any confirmation from Capcom's end that says Dante's weapon is supposed to be the rebellion sword in DMC 1 seeing its labled the force edge? Both seem to be momento's from sparda so hmm just for name sake and storyline purposes I guess or kind of a coincindence like the beowulf and ifrit weapons?

"Have some confidence in me Pris--the odds are only two against one." -- Cole Cash "Grifter"

Replies:

DarkZero
1254th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Question concerning dmc 3 weapons" , posted Tue 28 Jun 04:35post reply

At some point in the story, I remember Rebellion becomes identical to Force Edge, which means that Sparda's sword actually has three stages: Rebellion, Force Edge, and Sparda.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
I forget it if was when Dante "awakens" after the first fight with Vergil or when Arkham becomes pseudo-Sparda, but I remember it happening. I think it was after Dante awakens.

End of Spoiler

Korigama
70th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Question concerning dmc 3 weapons" , posted Tue 28 Jun 04:56post reply

Actually, Force Edge and Rebellion are two different swords, with Force Edge's true form being Sparda.

Rebellion's hilt changes after Dante's powers awaken, but it's still the same sword. Force Edge was hidden away in Temen-ni-gru by Sparda himself until Arkham unearthed it. After defeating Arkham, Dante and Vergil fight for the Force Edge, Vergil wanting both the sword and Dante's half of the amulet for the sake of awakening the power of the sword, the power of their father.

End of Spoiler

catalyst
59th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Question concerning dmc 3 weapons" , posted Tue 28 Jun 05:37post reply

Thanks again for the help, greatly appreciated, I guess I should finish the game first before speculating about random questions.

"Have some confidence in me Pris--the odds are only two against one." -- Cole Cash "Grifter"

DarkZero
1255th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Question concerning dmc 3 weapons" , posted Tue 28 Jun 13:07post reply

quote:
Actually, Force Edge and Rebellion are two different swords, with Force Edge's true form being Sparda.

Damn, I'm surprised that I forgot about that. I guess I spent too much of the game in a fog of frustration and sleep deprivation to notice some of the plot points.

NARUTO
3130th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):Question concerning dmc 3 weapons" , posted Tue 28 Jun 17:21post reply

Just like Korigama said... BTW ...

If you unlock sparda and play with him he'll use force edge.

End of Spoiler

We are all mad at some point....