KOF XI <=> GGX#R/ - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4009 Views )

Iggy
6802th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Sat 25 Jun 06:26post reply

Kof XI will be ported in september, and GG XX/ will be for november.

Imoya is completely out of his mind.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Replies:

Toxico
4074th Post

"Re(1):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Sat 25 Jun 06:42post reply

quote:

Perhaps they think that it will be like the AoF 2 SNES port, that came fairly quickly after the release of the arcade game...

The difference is that AoF 2 was a good game.

See??? He is a God...

Burning Ranger
1219th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Sat 25 Jun 09:02post reply

quote:

Well, if that's the case, then SNK might as well make their games console only. Then again, this could be good for the fans who may not even get a chance to play KOF XI (seeing as how I have to go to Austin to play KOF NeoWave). Then again, the arcades here in SA do have some Atomiswave setups, just no NeoWave.

The only problem I forsee is the potential for half-assed ports (*cough* KOF'95 PS1, only by reputation).

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

I like Appleseed...

CHAZumaru
161th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Sat 25 Jun 09:10post reply

quote:

The difference is that AoF 2 was a good game.

I find you suddenly arousing.

Café au lait s'il vous plait.
Ah this is the life!

Toxico
4079th Post

"Re(2):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Sat 25 Jun 10:48post reply

quote:

The only problem I forsee is the potential for half-assed ports (*cough* KOF'95 PS1, only by reputation).

I once read that said port was so utterly crappy because snk of america messed up with it; I think that it was Ben Harman or what ever was the name of the guy in charge that was at fault.

quote:

I find you suddenly arousing.

*reads chaz comment* ... *reads his comment again* .... *realizes that this coņac is too damn good *

While not truly a serious fighting competitive game I still think AoF 2 > KoF 2003, and for what I have seen KoF XI will repeat the same mistakes that 2k3 did (crappy inertia, crappy hit detection, crappy gameplay rithm and *perhaps* more bugs than mk, just like 2k3).

See??? He is a God...

Red Falcon
5499th Post

"Re(3):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Sat 25 Jun 13:21post reply

quote:
While not truly a serious fighting competitive game I still think AoF 2 > KoF 2003, and for what I have seen KoF XI will repeat the same mistakes that 2k3 did (crappy inertia, crappy hit detection, crappy gameplay rithm and *perhaps* more bugs than mk, just like 2k3).

BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU LIKE, TOXICO! I decided I like AOF 3 because of your input! Seriously, if you can have fun with a game, that's what really counts, no?

Best site EVER:Link Here

Toxico
4082th Post

"Re(4):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Sat 25 Jun 13:42post reply

quote:

BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU LIKE, TOXICO! I decided I like AOF 3 because of your input! Seriously, if you can have fun with a game, that's what really counts, no?

What I was really pointing out was that AoF 2 was a weak entry for the series, the weakest in my opinion. Ryuuko 1 is good and fun but it's too methodic; Ryuuko gaiden is great but there are some flaws here and there. I proudly stand out and say that I play Ryuuko gaide as a competitive game; but I won't for Ryuuko 2.

And yes damn it, I'm proud, Jhonny Walker drinks are great!!

See??? He is a God...

Cain Highwind
575th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Sat 25 Jun 16:39post reply

Wait, I don't get it, I thought KoF XI was coming out in November in Arcades. Am I missing something?

Iggy
6804th Post

"Re(6):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Sat 25 Jun 16:40post reply

quote:
Wait, I don't get it, I thought KoF XI was coming out in November in Arcades. Am I missing something?

That's what everybody thought until yesterday.

Also, PS2 KOF Nowave has also been pushed back of one month.

What's up with Imoya ? Have they even released their games in time even once in two years ?

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Fygee
1193th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(7):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Sat 25 Jun 18:55post reply

This news is irrelevant as it will inevitiably be delayed by at least a few months. That, and its likely only the Japanese release date, meaning Americans and Euros won't see it for another 6 months after the fact.

Iggy
6806th Post

"Re(8):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Sat 25 Jun 22:20post reply

Nejibako might ship earlier, at least at Sammy Street 156. The game is rumoured to be finished (?), and will face Namco's Tekken 5 ver 5.1.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Shingo The One
566th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(9):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Sat 25 Jun 22:25post reply

quote:
Nejibako might ship earlier, at least at Sammy Street 156. The game is rumoured to be finished (?), and will face Namco's Tekken 5 ver 5.1.

Great, just great.First I find out thanks to you Iggy-san that The King Of Fighters XI will be out a lot earlier than expected, and now I find that Nejibako is finished?Damn, I sure hope that at least the just finished one will be worth it compared to other party dreammatches.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

hikarutilmitt
322th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Sat 25 Jun 23:38post reply

quote:

Well, if that's the case, then SNK might as well make their games console only. Then again, this could be good for the fans who may not even get a chance to play KOF XI (seeing as how I have to go to Austin to play KOF NeoWave). Then again, the arcades here in SA do have some Atomiswave setups, just no NeoWave.

Did they get rid of NW at Culebra Diversions? Dammit. Least they got VF4Evo, though. I'd rather play that than anything else in the room, anyway. :)

Red Falcon
5503th Post

"Re(8):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Sun 26 Jun 01:47post reply

quote:
This news is irrelevant as it will inevitiably be delayed by at least a few months. That, and its likely only the Japanese release date, meaning Americans and Euros won't see it for another 6 months after the fact.

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking. Playmore is the Blizzard of the arcade world! In terms of delays, anyway.

NARUTO
3124th Post

"Re(9):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Sun 26 Jun 17:19post reply

quote:

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking. Playmore is the Blizzard of the arcade world! In terms of delays, anyway.

OH, so they will use Blizzard's "362" rule too?? Like friend says the "362" rule means: 3= number of day needed to write the scenario
6= number of month needed to develop the game
2= number of year, that result of the different delays....

We are all mad at some point....

aderack
134th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Tue 28 Jun 12:02:post reply

quote:
I once read that said port was so utterly crappy because snk of america messed up with it; I think that it was Ben Harman or what ever was the name of the guy in charge that was at fault.

Ben Herman first showed up with the Neo-Geo Pocket. He wasn't there at the time.

[this message was edited by aderack on Tue 28 Jun 12:02]

Red Falcon
5529th Post

"Re(4):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Tue 28 Jun 12:16:post reply

It was some family running SNK USA at the time.. man, they were crooked. Their name is on the tip of my tongue...
Edit: THE BARONES, that's it!

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Tue 28 Jun 12:18]

aderack
134th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):KOF XI <=> GGX#R/" , posted Tue 28 Jun 12:38post reply

Something of an ironic name.