Speed Racer movie in works, Racer X actor - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2180 Views )

GekigangerV
1120th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Speed Racer movie in works, Racer X actor" , posted Tue 21 Jun 07:34post reply

http://animenewsnetwork.com/

It appears the Vince Vaughn is "locked" as Racer X. Even though I think Vaughn looks a little too old it'll be ok since he is behind a mask.

I wonder how old they'll make Speed. I always imagined that Speed was around 18 and Rex(Racer X) was somewhere between 25-30.

I also wonder what kind of racing they will use. I would imagine they would create a ficticious racing league that combined WRC, Nascar and F1 racing since no one venue would truly represent the races in Speed Racer.

I am not too sure to expect from this except for a lot of campiness if they go for the rotary saws and the power jacks. But for Speed Racer, thats ok. I really liked the show and I just bought the 3rd volume of the DVD for my younger brother.

Replies:

black_hayato
132th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Speed Racer Ad" , posted Tue 21 Jun 14:33post reply

Funny related Ad:

Speed Racer Geico

Bootation
478th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Speed Racer Ad" , posted Tue 21 Jun 16:06post reply

quote:
Funny related Ad:

Speed Racer Geico

That commercial on tv was really funny. It totally sounds like the original voices.

Pretty please check out my neato sweet awesome webpage

Radish
2921th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Speed Racer movie in works, Racer X act" , posted Tue 21 Jun 20:42post reply

Who's playing the monkey?

Ishmael
2065th Post

"Re(2):Speed Racer movie in works, Racer X act" , posted Tue 21 Jun 22:41post reply

This movie will only work if they re-dub all the dialogue so that it synchs with the mouth movements even if the new script makes no sense. That, and a minimum of thirty people need to die in every race Speed participates in.

Bootation
479th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Speed Racer movie in works, Racer X act" , posted Wed 22 Jun 00:52post reply

quote:
This movie will only work if they re-dub all the dialogue so that it synchs with the mouth movements even if the new script makes no sense. That, and a minimum of thirty people need to die in every race Speed participates in.

If its a vince vaughn movie im sure the usual entourage of clowns will participate like Ben Stiller, Clive Owen or whatever.

Pretty please check out my neato sweet awesome webpage

exodus
2771th Post

"Re(3):Speed Racer movie in works, Racer X act" , posted Wed 22 Jun 01:49post reply

god I hate those geico commercials! AGH

Mosquiton
1648th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Speed Racer movie in works, Racer X act" , posted Wed 22 Jun 03:36post reply

quote:

"Are you rebels rebelling against me?"

"That is an accurate way of describing it."

/ / /

DarkZero
1251th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Speed Racer movie in works, Racer X act" , posted Wed 22 Jun 04:49post reply

quote:
http://animenewsnetwork.com/

It appears the Vince Vaughn is "locked" as Racer X. Even though I think Vaughn looks a little too old it'll be ok since he is behind a mask.

They've been saying for about four years or so now that there would be a Speed Racer movie featuring Vince Vaughn, so it looks like it's in Development Hell and Vince Vaughn is just saying, "Whenever it gets done, I'm in." Kind of like Nicolas Cage and the Superman movie that never got off the ground. Supposedly this is out of Development Hell now, but who knows?

GekigangerV
1122th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Galaxy Express 999 movie, kinda" , posted Wed 22 Jun 05:32post reply

http://kungfucinema.com/news/2005/061702.htm

It's a Hong Kong Kung Fu movie BASED on GE999 called Galaxy Princess.

I don't know where the martial arts will fit into this.

Sano
1841th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Galaxy Express 999 movie, kinda" , posted Wed 22 Jun 06:14:post reply

Um, reality check on Hollywood Manga/Anime Movies -

Guyver the live action movie - sucks
Guyver II the live action movie - sucks
Fist of the Northstar live action movie - sucks
Mathew Broderick Godzilla - sucks (okay this one doesn't count but expect this level of suckiness.)

It took them years to get comic book movies right, it's gonna take a lot longer to get anime and manga movies right. Hell they've yet to put out a good Hollywood movie based on a Japanese video game.

EDIT: Cast picks:

Speed Racer - Tobey McGuire
Trixy - What's her face Sofia or something Bush off of One Tree Hill, Brooke, just 'cuz she's hott and Lindsy Lohan and her anorexic diet need to die
Punk Kid, Speed's little brother - Mini-Me from Austen Powers Movies
Father - Jack Black
Racer X - Michael Jackson. Is he Speed's brother, is he a spy, is he Black, White, Innocent, a Child Molester, an enigma...
Inspector - Ben Affleck since his carreer is washed up anyway
Monkey - President George W. Bush

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 22 Jun 06:27]

Rid
6686th Post

"Re(1):Galaxy Express 999 movie, kinda" , posted Wed 22 Jun 06:36post reply

quote:

I don't know where the martial arts will fit into this.
They aren't women as pretty as the Matsumoto female characters, that's a problem.

majoria's news

HAYATO
427th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Galaxy Express 999 movie, kinda" , posted Wed 22 Jun 16:21post reply

quote:

I don't know where the martial arts will fit into this. They aren't women as pretty as the Matsumoto female characters, that's a problem.

Nor as famelic...not even Kate Moss can reach this ethereal appearance of theirs...

And about Speed Racer...the news just made "Death Race 2000" come to my mind...