Spanish dude singing in japanese in a contest - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3668 Views )

IkariDC
355th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Customer

"Spanish dude singing in japanese in a contest" , posted Sat 18 Jun 09:57post reply

Ok, I know that this is everywhere, but you can't miss this. It's very very embarrasing (I don't say it because I'm Spanish), so get ready your torrent clients!

Narutard in action

Replies:

Pollyanna
1188th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Spanish dude singing in japanese in a c" , posted Sat 18 Jun 13:00post reply

That was especially fun because my band does Haruka Kanata and I didn't even recognize it at first. It's not just that he's a bad singer...it's that he's making up his own language.

Time Mage
2179th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Spanish dude singing in japanese in a c" , posted Sat 18 Jun 19:30post reply

Oh, please... Why did you have to post this... It's a shame to every anime fan.

;_; Narutard indeed.

IkariDC
356th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Spanish dude singing in japanese in a c" , posted Sat 18 Jun 20:09post reply

quote:

;_; Narutard indeed.

Remember that french guy who just did the same with Saint Seiya? Well, I thought that it was unbeatable, and here you are.

Hey Polly, do you have recordings of your band's stuff? I'd like to listen to it, I like bands that do anime and videogame covers.

Spoon
1100th Post

"Re(3):Spanish dude singing in japanese in a c" , posted Sat 18 Jun 23:10post reply

quote:

;_; Narutard indeed.

Remember that french guy who just did the same with Saint Seiya? Well, I thought that it was unbeatable, and here you are.

Hey Polly, do you have recordings of your band's stuff? I'd like to listen to it, I like bands that do anime and videogame covers.

They sound like this.

Or at least, they want to :)

Pollyanna
1192th Post

"Re(4):Spanish dude singing in japanese in a c" , posted Sun 19 Jun 20:22post reply

Waitwait...did you bother to upload Tough Boy just for that?

Anyway, we have crappy equipment, so we have no decent means of recording ourselves. We don't even have a real PA and our drummer only knows half of our songs. I'd love to make a music video at some point, though.

I don't talk about my band because we're awesome or anything and I don't want to make it sound like I'm cool or anything either. It's just something I really love doing and I'm really into, so I naturally want to mention it when I can. We're not super rocking yet, but we don't stink. We play all of our songs right...well, except a few Sex Machineguns solos that our guitarist is still working on...but that's to be expected.

IkariDC
357th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Spanish dude singing in japanese in a c" , posted Mon 20 Jun 21:11post reply

quote:
Waitwait...did you bother to upload Tough Boy just for that?

Anyway, we have crappy equipment, so we have no decent means of recording ourselves. We don't even have a real PA and our drummer only knows half of our songs. I'd love to make a music video at some point, though.

I don't talk about my band because we're awesome or anything and I don't want to make it sound like I'm cool or anything either. It's just something I really love doing and I'm really into, so I naturally want to mention it when I can. We're not super rocking yet, but we don't stink. We play all of our songs right...well, except a few Sex Machineguns solos that our guitarist is still working on...but that's to be expected.

I understand your attitude but... Sex Machineguns! It sound's really interesting, so if you ever make a demo, or a video or something, let me know. By the way, what's your role in the band and how is it called?

I've got some friends who started recently a band called "Rasen". They're quite decent, they've successfully played live and appart from their original stuff, they have played a very nice acoustic version of "Dubet" (Serial Experiments Lain). They've just finished their first EP, but they have some trouble with the drummer (because she is having a hard time studiyng), so the drums were secuenced with Fruity Loops... They're going to work on some videogame music covers sooner or later.

HAYATO
417th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Spanish dude singing in japanese in a c" , posted Tue 21 Jun 00:16post reply

quote:
I've got some friends who started recently a band called "Rasen". They're quite decent, they've successfully played live and appart from their original stuff, they have played a very nice acoustic version of "Dubet" (Serial Experiments Lain). They've just finished their first EP, but they have some trouble with the drummer (because she is having a hard time studiyng), so the drums were secuenced with Fruity Loops... They're going to work on some videogame music covers sooner or later.

Hey Ikari, don't forget Tanaka's band "N.O.X.", they also deserve your attention, don't they?

IkariDC
358th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):Spanish dude singing in japanese in a c" , posted Tue 21 Jun 03:24post reply

Ok, first of all, I was also thinking about him, but it came a little bit unrelated, because they don't do anime/videogame covers. Also, I only saw their debut, so I don't have a clue about how good they're right now.

And by the way, you don't give a damn about either of the two bands, the proof is that Tanaka's band is not N.O.X. anymore, what the hell, they changed their name and member formation in their debut. Great people by the way, I had a good time with them at Festimad. So there you go.

HAYATO
418th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):Spanish dude singing in japanese in a c" , posted Tue 21 Jun 05:33post reply

quote:

And by the way, you don't give a damn about either of the two bands, the proof is that Tanaka's band is not N.O.X. anymore, what the hell, they changed their name and member formation in their debut. Great people by the way, I had a good time with them at Festimad. So there you go.

Relax dude, I thought you forgot to talk about them, that's all. There's no need to be so harsh...though you know I like it...

Pollyanna
1196th Post

"Re(9):Spanish dude singing in japanese in a c" , posted Tue 21 Jun 07:02post reply

I sing and I'm aiming towards backup guitar on some songs. We don't have an official name yet, but our name that we're using until we have a name (if anyone asks) is "Gestalt".

I hope we can get our drummer up to speed. He's a prodigy, but he never plays. Anyone who can do serious heavy metal drums almost perfectly after no lessons and only 3 months of practice has talent.

We're really nothing yet, though. Our objectives have been
1:Dance better
2:Get better backup vocals
3:Buy a good PA
4:Get the drummer up to speed
5:Have a live

We're stuck on 3 right now, partially because I'm busy writing almost all day every day. I think we've got like...15 songs now?

HAYATO
423th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(10):Spanish dude singing in japanese in a" , posted Tue 21 Jun 07:24:post reply

quote:

We're stuck on 3 right now, partially because I'm busy writing almost all day every day. I think we've got like...15 songs now?

Well, every project in this life takes time and lots of efforts in order to become something great, so just keep being constant. You already composed enough songs to release your first album !!

Edit:

Oh, my...!! The Narutard vid has made his way to 4chan already. Now the poor devil is so doomed...nothing can save him from a worldwide humilliation. Well, who knows, the vid may reach Kishimoto, and he'd decide to end Naruto for the good of humanity...

[this message was edited by HAYATO on Tue 21 Jun 07:36]

Pollyanna
1197th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Spanish dude singing in japanese" , posted Tue 21 Jun 09:38post reply

Kishimoto has nothing to do with this. It's Asian Kung Fu Generation that will suffer, and what good would THAT do?

HAYATO
423th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Spanish dude singing in japanese" , posted Tue 21 Jun 16:18post reply

quote:
Kishimoto has nothing to do with this. It's Asian Kung Fu Generation that will suffer, and what good would THAT do?

Putting a stop to those shameful shows isn't good enough for you? I think it's worth the effort...

IkariDC
360th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(9):Spanish dude singing in japanese in a c" , posted Tue 21 Jun 21:17post reply

quote:

Relax dude, I thought you forgot to talk about them, that's all. There's no need to be so harsh...though you know I like it...

It seemed like one of your attemps of being an asshole, that's why my reply was a bit harsh... I know you like it, but you are insatiable!

quote:

I sing and I'm aiming towards backup guitar on some songs. We don't have an official name yet, but our name that we're using until we have a name (if anyone asks) is "Gestalt".

I hope we can get our drummer up to speed. He's a prodigy, but he never plays. Anyone who can do serious heavy metal drums almost perfectly after no lessons and only 3 months of practice has talent.

Gestalt? Like in FF6? But I guess it's something completly unrelated. Well, it sounds like the band is quite solid, too bad you don't have enough time. Dance better? You also perform with crazy choreographies like Kishidan?

Well, hopefully you'll overcome all these obstacles and reach the goal, sooner or later. Good luck!

Pollyanna
1198th Post

"Re(10):Spanish dude singing in japanese in a" , posted Wed 22 Jun 04:37post reply

Gestalt like...the psychology term. It's something like "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts". Makes sense for a band name, right?

Hmmm...well, the thing was, we didn't move very much before. I didn't have a mic stand and had a short chord, so that wasn't my fault...though I didn't exactly inspire everyone else to move, either. Now I have a stand and I encouraged everyone else to do "one move a song" until it became natural...then make it two and three and so on. Now we move a lot, but I only have a real "dance" for Mikan no Uta.

Mosquiton
1649th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Stage names" , posted Wed 22 Jun 06:31post reply

quote:

I think you should go by the stage name Polly-Amorous (or perhaps Polly-Wolly-Amorous), and cultivate a reputation for using and/or abusing male groupies.

You won't have to pay me royalties or anything. Hey! Lemme know!

Also I'm totally not mocking you. Seriously, best of luck. I need to put more energy into creative projects, personally.

/ / /

Mav
82th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Stage names" , posted Wed 22 Jun 11:30post reply

Not to derail the current conversation... as a matter of fact, I'll join it!
quote:

I think you should go by the stage name Polly-Amorous

I would suggest Pollyanna Cracker.

Now, not to derail the conversation, but where and how did the term "Narutard" start? I don't really care one way or the other what people want to call them, but insults are supposed to make someone sound smarter than those they mock. The "ru" in "Narutard" isn't even close to "re" in "retard". Couldn't it at least be Narutools? Naretards?

Did that video footage actually air on television? If the man talking is their answer to American Idol's Simon, you'd think he'd have told that boy to go home and asphyxiate himself for wasting everyone's time and oxygen.

Spoon
1106th Post

"Re(2):Stage names" , posted Wed 22 Jun 13:07:post reply

quote:
how did the term "Narutard" start? I don't really care one way or the other what people want to call them, but insults are supposed to make someone sound smarter than those they mock. The "ru" in "Narutard" isn't even close to "re" in "retard". Couldn't it at least be Narutools? Naretards?

"'tard" (note the apostrophe) is a fairly common insult term. How effective it is... is debtable.

So find the first (and only) "t" in Naruto, yank off the part that comes after, replace with "tard".

Yeah, it's a pretty juvenile-sounding insult. But then, isn't the main audience of Naruto kids anyway?

EDIT:
I suggest Polly-Gamy.

[this message was edited by Spoon on Wed 22 Jun 13:07]

Pollyanna
1199th Post

"Re(1):Stage names" , posted Wed 22 Jun 14:22post reply

quote:

I think you should go by the stage name Polly-Amorous (or perhaps Polly-Wolly-Amorous), and cultivate a reputation for using and/or abusing male groupies.

You won't have to pay me royalties or anything. Hey! Lemme know!

Also I'm totally not mocking you. Seriously, best of luck. I need to put more energy into creative projects, personally.

Well, I won't pay your royalties, but I'll give you free concert tickets so I can abuse you afterwards.

I don't really care if people make fun of what I do, since I'm kind of a failure in all my creative ventures. We (meaning my band) make fun of ourselves, too, so it's not like we have any illusions of grandeur.

Actually, I was thinking that people here have no reason to believe that I'm telling the truth about anything I do. I guess if I was lying, I'd actually pretend to be successful.

HAYATO
425th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(10):Spanish dude singing in japanese in a " , posted Wed 22 Jun 14:55post reply

quote:

It seemed like one of your attemps of being an asshole, that's why my reply was a bit harsh...

So that's what you really think of me? That makes me sad...

IkariDC
361th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Spanish dude singing in japanese" , posted Wed 22 Jun 21:20post reply

quote:

Oh, come on! You know that you enjoy to cause some trouble from time to time. I told you before about that, that I don't like that "dark side" of yours, but overall I think you're a nice guy who I happen to like to talk to.

Mosquiton
1652th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Stage names" , posted Wed 22 Jun 23:52post reply

quote:

Well, I won't pay your royalties, but I'll give you free concert tickets so I can abuse you afterwards.

Now I'm feeling Polly-amorous.

/ / /

HAYATO
429th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Spanish dude singing in japanese" , posted Thu 23 Jun 06:04post reply

quote:

Oh, come on! You know that you enjoy to cause some trouble from time to time. I told you before about that, that I don't like that "dark side" of yours, but overall I think you're a nice guy who I happen to like to talk to.

Oh, that was really nice, you made me blush.... But you already know my feelings for you are the same, you are the baldie of my dreams, silly !!!

IkariDC
366th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Spanish dude singing in japanese" , posted Fri 24 Jun 03:33post reply

quote:

Oh, that was really nice, you made me blush.... But you already know my feelings for you are the same, you are the baldie of my dreams, silly !!!

Now that you look just like me, you could also be the baldie of my dreams!

So, who's the "ai cho aniki" type now? You're more on the bodybuilder side, so...

HAYATO
434th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Spanish dude singing in japanese" , posted Fri 24 Jun 06:49post reply

quote:

Now that you look just like me, you could also be the baldie of my dreams!

So, who's the "ai cho aniki" type now? You're more on the bodybuilder side, so...

Yeah, it's time for us to make the "Ultimate Cho Aniki Cosplay" go fetch a black speedo, I got one already!!!!