Batman Begins - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4462 Views )

GekigangerV
1118th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Batman Begins" , posted Thu 16 Jun 11:44post reply

I just came back from it and really enjoyed it. Unlike the last few Batman movies they incorporated multiple villans well in a strong story, really giving a good bit of time to both. Scarecrow inparticular was VERY well done.
It took a long time for Batman to show up in full costume, but the build up was great showing a lot of Wayne's stuggle and growth.
I am not too sure to think of the writer, David Goyer, after this. Blade Trinity was so off the wall I couldn't get into it, while this was down to Earth. It appears a Goyer script is only as good as the director in charge of it.
I am not too fond of Bale's Batman voice, it's really gruffy and kind of hard for me to take seriously.
All in all I loved it! It even hinted at the next villian.

Replies:

shindekudasai
94th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Batman Begins" , posted Thu 16 Jun 14:12post reply

Just saw the flick myself, and can only describe it as thus: OMFG~!! I was very pleased with character portrayal, especially those who get no respect in other bat-formats (Lucius Fox, Crane/Scarecrow). Alred really brought the picture together - truly a "best friend, nanny and camp counselor rolled into one". The villains were very well developed, and very striking visually (Scarecrow's mask reminded me of Slipknot). The movie had its fair share of comedy as well. All in all, a major improvement upon the prior flicks, and absolutely worth 7.50 admission. Go see it in theatres, folks.

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

Hungrywolf
3049th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Batman Begins" , posted Thu 16 Jun 14:28post reply

I just got back from seeing Batman Begins in IMAX. Awesome. The best Bat-film ever, especially since I can't find anything in it yet that I'm as critical of as any of the four films.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
One thing I liked was that the villains didn't die in this one. I hated that in the previous films.

End of Spoiler

Scarecrow was great, and I was very excited about him being in this film. I honestly wish he had been in the film more that he was, though he was in it quite a lot. I really look forward to the sequel, and I guess we know who the villain will be. I have to say though, I hope they will include the Riddler in a future movie of this series, because he's one of my favorites of Batman's rogues. Also I think he could help to show a lot more of Batman as a detective.

Hungry Like the Wolf

biggsyke
16th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Batman Begins" , posted Thu 16 Jun 14:47post reply

quote:
Just saw the flick myself, and can only describe it as thus: OMFG~!! I was very pleased with character portrayal, especially those who get no respect in other bat-formats (Lucius Fox, Crane/Scarecrow). Alred really brought the picture together - truly a "best friend, nanny and camp counselor rolled into one". The villains were very well developed, and very striking visually (Scarecrow's mask reminded me of Slipknot). The movie had its fair share of comedy as well. All in all, a major improvement upon the prior flicks, and absolutely worth 7.50 admission. Go see it in theatres, folks.

And let's not forget Tom Cruise's romance Katie Holmes; she was actually good. Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, the guy from 28-Days Later, and Gary Oldman all had awesome performances. I agree with Bale's bat-voice, hard to take seriously. I'm not that all into the comics but...

Does the League of Shadows actually extend to before the Roman empire and isn't Ra's Al Ghul immortal? Also, after hearing Ducard go on about Bruce's parents being idealists (and all idealists must be destroyed) and Gotham being a failed experiment (to be destroyed) mean that Ducard and the League of Shadows are in a way also being idealistic with their own plot? Almsot nihilistic really. Isn't Ghul's ultimate goal the destruction of human life and the creation of his own Utopia?

End of Spoiler

It almost didn't feel like a Batman movie to me. But it was a well done film. The idea of fear (bats, Scarecrow, etc.) got across very well. And Scarecrow was awesome.

The hard thing for me is deciding whether I like this or Sin City more.

My favorite parts:

The training with Ducard. When Scarecrow uses the gas on Falcone. Gordon in the batmobile. The riot. The last scene where Earle gets fired. And the scene at Bruce's b-day party was funny too.

End of Spoiler

"Meet me at the fork in the road where the lost souls are indecisive. Meet me at the crossroads so I can have someone to walk into the light with..." - Sage Francis Crack Pipes

Sano
1829th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Batman Begins" , posted Thu 16 Jun 14:55post reply

I'll see it on Saturday. Can't wait!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

HAYATO
414th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Batman Begins" , posted Thu 16 Jun 16:50post reply

Thanks for the spoilers, guys. Now I'm willing to watch it even harder than before!!

Phoenix
797th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Batman Begins" , posted Thu 16 Jun 17:21:post reply

quote:
Thanks for the spoilers, guys. Now I'm willing to watch it even harder than before!!

Sounds like it's tailor made for the true fans. Here's hoping that the movie does extremely well. I plan on watching it this weekend on IMAX. I wonder how good the game is?

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Thu 16 Jun 17:22]

Fygee
1191th Post

"Re(4):Batman Begins" , posted Thu 16 Jun 19:23post reply

Best damn $9.25 I've spent for a movie ticket in years. Best superhero movie I've ever seen too.

If you don't see this movie or hate it when you see it, then you fail at life.

Sano
1832th Post

"Re(5):Batman Begins" , posted Fri 17 Jun 00:00post reply

You know that I'm going to see it since last week I found out the one thing I've been bitching about on this forum a lot isn't true.

Ken Watanabe is not Ra's, it's Liam Neeson! Thank goodness!

End of Spoiler

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

NeoRyu
1055th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Batman Begins" , posted Fri 17 Jun 00:24post reply

One word about this movie. Amazing! Very enjoyable movie one of the best comic book movies so far.

Fuu is a cutie!!

TrickyNishidake
19th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Batman Begins" , posted Fri 17 Jun 02:57post reply

Yay, I'm not the only person bitching about the horrible Batman voice!

Sounded like he was fighting the flu instead of baddies.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3424th Post

"how can i get YOU to watch Batman Begins" , posted Fri 17 Jun 09:29post reply

the movie had

- zombies
- ninjas
- various Simpsons references

Super Fast Payment! Great Comunication! Highly Recomended A++++

Hungrywolf
3051th Post

"Re(3):Batman Begins" , posted Fri 17 Jun 11:30post reply

quote:

I didn't love the Batman voice either, I hope it improves in the sequel. It didn't keep me from enjoying the movie though. Sometimes I liked the Batman voice he used, other times I didn't. The interrogation scene was one of the best things in the movie. I didn't really get into the movie until a little before Bruce returned to Gotham from training. Something about the way the death of Bruce's parents was done seemed odd to me, but I can't put my finger on it. It was a great movie. However, Spider-man 2 is still currently my favorite comic book movie. I am looking forward to Fantastic Four. I'm not looking forward to Superman Returns, though I hope it'll surprise me. I hope Ghost Rider is good...

Hungry Like the Wolf

Fygee
1192th Post

"Re(3):Batman Begins" , posted Fri 17 Jun 14:52post reply

quote:

Well, he's new to the whole thing, so I figure he'll work it out. ;)

Dr Baghead
3469th Post

"Re(6):Batman Begins" , posted Fri 17 Jun 17:31post reply

quote:
Sano's Spoiler

While I think Neison was a MUCH better choice for the role then Watanabe... I still think if Watanbe if the whole 'Ducard is really Ra's' thing was dropped and he was playing Neison's role he would have made an excellent Ra's, because as we see in this movie everything you get with an 'asian' themed Ra's Al Ghul works just fine in pracitce... I have to say I'm joining you in the camp that's glad he wasn't Ra's in the context of the film. He didn't do shit and his 'monk' costume looked retarded.At least Neison wore a very in character greenish tweed suit

End of Spoiler

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Sano
1833th Post

"Re(7):Batman Begins" , posted Fri 17 Jun 23:17post reply

Dr. Baghead's Spoiler

Still haven't seen the movie, I would prefer someone who looks like Ra's but making Ducard and Ra's the same person is strange yet good. You have Ra's being the one who trained Batman so from the beginning he is setting him up to take over his organization instead of just reading / finding out about his rep and his origin. It's going to make for a kick Ass sequel, prolly after they get past the new Joker. Maybe people will finally get to except Ra's as Batman's greatest villain which I think he is. And later on Talia who I still think is the love of Batman's life, not Catwoman. Course Ra's is currently dead now in the comics, Joker wins again... at least until Ra's joins Jason Todd and comes back to life...

End of Spoiler

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Gojira
1751th Post

"Re(4):Batman Begins" , posted Sat 18 Jun 11:27post reply

quote:

Well, he's new to the whole thing, so I figure he'll work it out. ;)

He sounded like Donald Trump with laryngitis. Seriously. Christian, ye fiyed.

coinop duck
224th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Batman Begins" , posted Sat 18 Jun 13:12post reply

I must be the only person who likes Bale's Batman voice.

Hagen de Merak
893th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Batman Begins" , posted Sat 18 Jun 14:07post reply

quote:
I must be the only person who likes Bale's Batman voice.

i liked it. kind of sounded like snake. but snake sounds better.

Mokona
278th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Batman Begins" , posted Sat 18 Jun 14:33post reply

Just saw it too!
Great movie, I had a blast! I like how every gadget/weapon is explained so as to make it believable. My only beef with that is that :

the main weapon used in the movie, i.e. the micro-wave thingie, is kinda illogical, I mean, everyone knows the human body is comprised mainly of water, so when you see what it does to the water in the pipes, it makes no sense that the people standing right next to the device don't explode in a bloody mess... But I tried forget about it and it didn't ruin the movie for me, so it's ok!

End of Spoiler

I loved Alfred, Michael Caine is truly one of the greatest actors alive.
The batman voice was really weird, I have to admit, but I think it's part of the persona he's trying to convey, plus I think the idea itself is actually good, because it doesn't take people for fools and have batman talking to someone he knows with his regular voice and they don't find out right away who he is! (I always hated how Superman's character insulted people's intelligence for that, I mean come on, he just expects that removing his glasses is enough to fool people..?)

Blah!

Time Mage
2178th Post

"Re(4):Batman Begins" , posted Sat 18 Jun 19:28post reply

About Mokona's spoiler:

AHA! So I'm not the one that thought exactly the same. It's so illogical that shocked me.

About the movie, I think it's great, but I liked much more the non-Batman parts, since the action wasn't very well done: Too confusing and blurry. The parts in which Batman didn't fight were good, however.

kurushimi
77th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Batman Begins" , posted Sun 19 Jun 00:56post reply

quote:
About Mokona's spoiler:
About the movie, I think it's great, but I liked much more the non-Batman parts, since the action wasn't very well done: Too confusing and blurry. The parts in which Batman didn't fight were good, however.

Yea, Bale was great more as Bruce than Batman, but then again, there's not much required of the Batman part.

What I absolutely loved about the movie, and perhaps this is more a tribute to the root material, is how they really get into Bruce's head. I mean, to me, if you make a superhero film, you have to do at least one of two things:

A) Wow me with special effects
B) Let me know exactly how he/she/it thinks

Not to say the special effects weren't good, but the fact of the matter is that Batman's a normal guy. He has no flashy or showy powers, so you better deliver option B to me. And they did, in abundance. I LOVED how they got into the nature of fear, and his time with Ducard was filled with so many quotable, but not cheesy, lines.

I really despise the style of choreography used for the fighting though. You can't make out what's going on except for the fact that someone's hitting someone. It seems to be a western style, and it's annoying as all hell. I understand using it a few times, to emphasize how Batman is like a sudden and lethal force, but to barely see what's going on in the climatic battle, is unexcusable. Maybe Bale wasn't too flexible in the suit, but they still could've edited it better.

But, the fighting isn't a major component of the movie, so it's only a nitpick for such a tremendous movie. I can't wait to see their interpretation of The Joker - Nicholson played him as psychotic for sure, but I have a feeling he'll be a lot more menacing this time around.

Gojira
1752th Post

"Re(6):Batman Begins" , posted Sun 19 Jun 02:10post reply

Ah, now that I'm well-rested I can talk freely about the movie.

I have to say I liked the original Burton-directed Batman more. Neither Scarecrow nor Al Ghul left me with much of an impression. The fight scenes were boring and hard to follow. It takes no care in keeping his identity secret (what superhero film doesn't these days, but lately it's just getting annoying). And frankly, both the batmobile and the batsuit look horrible to me. Any artist will tell you that the eye is often drawn to the point of greatest contrast, which in the past was the contrast between the insignia and the suit. Now it's just Bale's gross, pale, awkwardly-shaped jaw sticking out of the mask. That's just nasty to me.

It was a decent look into Batman's younger, less focused head, but at the cost of all the mystique and intelligent reasoning that Batman requires to keep me engaged. So it rates average. Though at least it was better than the last two film debacles and should be enough to fish the movie franchise out of hell.

shindekudasai
95th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Batman Begins" , posted Sun 19 Jun 09:53post reply

quote:
Course Ra's is currently dead now in the comics, Joker wins again... at least until Ra's joins Jason Todd and comes back to life...

As I recall Jason himself killed the Joker an issue or two ago...

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

Hungrywolf
3053th Post

"Re(8):Batman Begins" , posted Sun 19 Jun 10:39post reply

quote:
Course Ra's is currently dead now in the comics, Joker wins again... at least until Ra's joins Jason Todd and comes back to life...

As I recall Jason himself killed the Joker an issue or two ago...

We've yet to see if Joker is dead or not.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Dr Baghead
3470th Post

"Re(7):Batman Begins" , posted Sun 19 Jun 16:36post reply

quote:
I have to say I liked the original Burton-directed Batman more.

May I ask why? I know everyone is intitled to their opinions, but I'm dead serious why I ask this:

Why do people like Burton's Batman so much?

I watched it to see why everyone liked it so much and there's SOOO much wrong with it ranging from giving Joker a name and origin and spending most of his time wearing flesh colored make-up so Nichalson wouldn't need to be painted up all the time, to Batman being on screen for 5 minutes, Batman MURDERING people and just letting Joker die, giving up his secret to a tabloid reporter to get some tail, being insanely campy for a 'serious movie' (seriously, watch the museum sceen and tell me this movie isn't campy)... I honestly think it's only a little better then Batman and Robin.

That's not to say I think Begins is the end all be all Batman movie... I like it as much as 'Batman Returns' (which maybe I'm remembering poorly but despite an inaccurate Penguin and a lot of camp has a much better story more Batman in the movie and Burton's visual style actually shows in the movie) in that both are watchable and pretty fun, but neither really 'define' Batman.

quote:
It takes no care in keeping his identity secret (what superhero film doesn't these days, but lately it's just getting annoying).

I think it's way more annoying Vicky Vale got to learn Bruce's secret in the first movie.

At least in Begins it's people he tells are ones he can trust in Burton's Batman Vicky got to learn because Alfred wanted Bruce to settle down and apparently decided the tabloid reporter who could TOTALLY tell everyone if something went wrong he just met was the best girl for him.

Gojira
1753th Post

"Re(8):Batman Begins" , posted Sun 19 Jun 20:40post reply

quote:
I have to say I liked the original Burton-directed Batman more.

May I ask why? I know everyone is intitled to their opinions, but I'm dead serious why I ask this:

Why do people like Burton's Batman so much?

Regarding its campiness, people who saw the film when it was new don't see Burton's film as campy because of the excess of its predecessor, the Adam West Batman. Burton was the first to take Batman in a direction where he could at least be taken seriously, even if a few remnants of the old camp did remain.

That aside, my whole reason is just a matter of preference. But if I had to use examples, probably the most important thing about it that I think Begins lacks is Batman's presence. The use of light and shadow that Burton created for Edward Scissorhands works so well for Batman, that the ease by which Batman blends into the classical world is fantastic. When Batman appears in Begins, rather than resembling something mythical, gothic and mysterious, he's just a plain, formless shadow. I just happen to like the former representation.

quote:

I think it's way more annoying Vicky Vale got to learn Bruce's secret in the first movie.

At least in Begins it's people he tells are ones he can trust in Burton's Batman Vicky got to learn because Alfred wanted Bruce to settle down and apparently decided the tabloid reporter who could TOTALLY tell everyone if something went wrong he just met was the best girl for him.

What makes you think he can trust Rachel? He hasn't seen her in years, she's an attorney (unlike tabloid reporters, they can PROVE shit), and she wasn't exactly digging on his mojo as either Bruce or Batman until the very very end.

That said, the Vicki thing did bother me pretty much the same way. I don't think there's a single Batman film that isn't guilty of revealing his identity to the leading lady (aside from the Adam West movie... LOL). I guess I was just hoping this one would buck that trend.

NARUTO
3112th Post

"Re(9):Batman Begins" , posted Sun 19 Jun 23:19post reply

Hello... OK just saw it, and I would say that it's my favourite Batman film.
Darker than the last one and much more dynamic that the 2 first.

IMO, I find that Liam is a good villain, and seeing the Scarecrow out with just a teaser shock makes the movie credible.

Freeman and caine were make the humor part well, and the only bad point IMO was some battle who aren't that "clear" to watch.

End of Spoiler

a good movie indeed. Now I'm waiting for the Fantastic 4...

We are all mad at some point....

KTallguy
643th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(10):Batman Begins" , posted Mon 20 Jun 00:30post reply

I just saw it too... very good! I liked the whole way they explained his origin, it seemed very 'real' to me. =) As real as stuff like this gets, I guess.

The fighting scenes were a bit too 'shaky' but in the end it was still impactful. It's definitely not 'Matrix' style fight scenes, but it worked well enough. I can't complain.

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Sano
1835th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Batman Begins" , posted Mon 20 Jun 03:33post reply

I thought the movie was great, best Batman Movie ever. But I still couldn't buy that dude in the Batman Costume, it just made me laugh. The costume made it look like he had two chins, bad fitting... maybe I'll get used to it with time. Aside from that the movie was perfect.

Spoiler, sort of -

How come every single Super Hero Comic Book movie where the Hero wears a mask his secret identity is discovered? It happened to Spider-Man in both movies, Batman in every single movie so far(except perhaps the craptacular 1960s one), Daredevil, and I think there's a few more. Meanwhile Superman who doesn't even wear a costume keeps his identity secret in the movies, only Lois found out and he made her forget with a magic kiss. I find that hilarious.

End of Spoiler

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

crazymike
1128th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Batman Begins" , posted Mon 20 Jun 04:30post reply

I'll say this. It was great. As for Bale, here is the oddity. I think he played a GREAT Bruce Wayne but as Batman he is so-so. But this is funny because I think Michael Keaton was a great Batman but a crappy Bruce Wayne. At least Bale got the whole billionaire thing down, throwing parties, putting on a facade, etc. while Keaton just gloomily sat in his mansion all day like a hermit. Granted much of this is owed to the script but still...

I find it hard to say which is better, this or Burton's first Batman. What really made the first was Jack Nicolson hands down but this one focused more on Batman than the villains which was a change of pace.

However, it IS better than Batman Returns, Forever, and Robin, COMBINED.

Ishmael
2063th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Batman Begins" , posted Mon 20 Jun 05:52post reply

I didn't know what to expect going in and found I was thoroughly entertained by the movie. Even after all these years Rutger Hauer still makes a good heavy.

Dr Baghead
3471th Post

"Re(9):Batman Begins" , posted Mon 20 Jun 06:31post reply

quote:
What makes you think he can trust Rachel? He hasn't seen her in years, she's an attorney (unlike tabloid reporters, they can PROVE shit), and she wasn't exactly digging on his mojo as either Bruce or Batman until the very very end.

I actually had a problem with him revealing his identity to Rachel, but my friend explained it in a way that sorta made sense:

Racheal is the only 'uncoruptable' person in the DA's office, if She was willing to compromise her own life standing up againist Falcone because of her ethics, she isn't likely to tell anyone Bruce is Batman because he's finally doing good and she wants some good to come to Gotham so she wouldn't rat him out and let the mob take over again.

I agree it was unnessesary (well, unless you consider the whole MJ-style "I love you! but you are a superhero!" speach a nessessaity to the movie) and wished they hadn't went that way, but at least the movie sets it up that she's not going to tell anyone (baring a 'twist ending' where her character suddenly changes for no reason) unlike Vicky Vale who was snooping around looking for dirt on Bruce for her article and is just given the biggest boomshell EVER and just decides not to use it.

Hungrywolf
3054th Post

"Re(10):Batman Begins" , posted Mon 20 Jun 11:56post reply

quote:
Hello... OK just saw it, and I would say that it's my favourite Batman film.
Darker than the last one and much more dynamic that the 2 first.

a good movie indeed. Now I'm waiting for the Fantastic 4...

At least the Fantastic Four don't have secret identities to be revealed. Will that be the first Superhero movie with superheroes with no secret identity? I suppose Punisher doesn't have one, but he's more of an anti-hero.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Sano
1836th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Batman Begins" , posted Mon 20 Jun 13:29post reply

quote:

At least the Fantastic Four don't have secret identities to be revealed. Will that be the first Superhero movie with superheroes with no secret identity? I suppose Punisher doesn't have one, but he's more of an anti-hero.

Blade comes to mind. He's not really in the public eye but he doesn't have a dual identity like Bruce/Bat, Clark/Supes, Petey/Spidey etc.

Hulk didn't really get the secret identity thing in his movie, pretty much everyone figured it out, no one even called him Hulk in the flick. In the comics he originally had a secret identity, now everyone knows he's the Hulk. He does have a dual identity though, just not secret.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Daala
1012th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):Re(10):Batman Begins" , posted Mon 20 Jun 22:34post reply

Wa! what I wouldn't give to see this movie in Imax. Ra's Al Ghul is one of my favorite Batman baddies. I was so loving how he took everyone for a ride. This is by far one of the best bat flicks so far, makes up for the last two crappy ones.
Bale is great as Bruce, eyecandy factor helps as well :: wink ::

Scarecrow was great, and he didn't die in the film as it should be! The Fxs were kick ass, and make me hope they make another one soon.

Sano
1837th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Batman Begins" , posted Tue 21 Jun 01:11post reply

quote:
Wa! what I wouldn't give to see this movie in Imax. Ra's Al Ghul is one of my favorite Batman baddies. I was so loving how he took everyone for a ride. This is by far one of the best bat flicks so far, makes up for the last two crappy ones.
Bale is great as Bruce, eyecandy factor helps as well :: wink ::

Scarecrow was great, and he didn't die in the film as it should be! The Fxs were kick ass, and make me hope they make another one soon.

I tried to see the movie in the NYC Imax theater on Saturday but it was sold out all day. Had to settle for another theater. I'll try again in a few weeks, after FF4. I saw Spider-Man 2 in the Imax theater twice, for shame on George Lucas for not making Episode 3 Imax ready, I would of loved that.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Juan
4178th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Neko Arc Begins" , posted Tue 21 Jun 01:39:post reply

Bale has a lot of practice playing the spoiled rich guy part (see american psycho, good movie too).

I hear they might grab Mark Hamill as the Joker? Probably a dumb rumor, but I could see it working.

Edit: FFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

quote:
I'll say this. It was great. As for Bale, here is the oddity. I think he played a GREAT Bruce Wayne but as Batman he is so-so.

[this message was edited by Juan on Tue 21 Jun 01:40]

Sano
1838th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Neko Arc Begins" , posted Tue 21 Jun 01:56post reply

quote:

I hear they might grab Mark Hamill as the Joker? Probably a dumb rumor, but I could see it working.

That would be great. In that terrible Birds of Prey TV show, Mark Hamill provided the voice of the Joker in episode 1, different actor though.

I guess it would be asking to much to get Kevin Conroy in the Bat suit, he's been playing Batman longer than anybody else, albeit animated. I'd love to see that. At least his Bat voice wouldn't make me chuckle. Doubt Conroy will fill chairs in movie theaters though.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Gojira
1755th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Neko Arc Begins" , posted Tue 21 Jun 11:55post reply

quote:

I guess it would be asking to much to get Kevin Conroy in the Bat suit, he's been playing Batman longer than anybody else, albeit animated. I'd love to see that. At least his Bat voice wouldn't make me chuckle. Doubt Conroy will fill chairs in movie theaters though.

I saw an interview with Conroy on a couple of the Justice League DVDs. He looks really creepy, but not in a Batman kind of way. He could pass for Scarecrow though.

Phoenix
797th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Neko Arc Begins" , posted Tue 21 Jun 14:21post reply

I just saw it and loved it as well. About this Conroy idea, I'd like to see him do just the voice for Batman. I think it might work- seeing as how Bruce is supposed to change into an alter ego once he puts on the mask. And yeah definitely better fight sequences. Hire a good choreographer from Hong Kong or something. As for the mysterious atmosphere of Batman and Gotham- bring back Burton for just the setting and effects. I hope I'm not asking for too much here. But the sequel has the potential to blow Spidey 2 out of the water. Overall, I'm very pleased. I also like the idea of Hamilton doing Joker's voice/role. I guess the BTAS has set the standard for this movie to follow/surpass.

Ammadeau
1382th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(8):Re(10):Neko Arc Begins" , posted Sat 25 Jun 04:24post reply

Right now it looks like the role of the Joker will go to the guy who played Sparks in the two matrix sequels, though you'll remember him better if you played the trainwreck Enter the Matrix. He's a good choice for the physical side of the role at least. I HATED Nickelson as Joker personally and thought he had no understanding of the character at all, so anything would be better than that. If he were identical to the animated series that would be great, they had him down perfect.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Juan
4186th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Neko Arc Begins" , posted Sat 25 Jun 05:19post reply

quote:
Sparks trainwreck Enter the Matrix

WHAT NO GET HIM AWAY

Actually I dont remember seeing him in any other movies, so he might be a good actor. He did a poop character in a poop game.

quote:

I HATED Nickelson as Joker personally and thought he had no understanding of the character at all

CRAZY TALK! LETS TALK ABOUT ZONE OF THE ENDERS TWO!

Burning Ranger
1220th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Batman Begins" , posted Sat 25 Jun 09:08post reply

quote:
I didn't know what to expect going in and found I was thoroughly entertained by the movie. Even after all these years Rutger Hauer still makes a good heavy.

Rutger Hauer was in the movie? I didn't see his replicant self anywhere in the movie.

So yeah, I loved Batman Begins, even though I kinda didn't have high expectations for it beforehand. I love the character development, the plot twists (esp. with Ra's). Plus, I like how the movie made the superhero world more realistic and relatable to our world. I actually believed that Bruce Wayne could live in our real world, in a city like Gotham that could actually exist.

Plus, I like Gotham's realistic but dark approach... a perfect blend of the gothic and real. It's a fresh look that greatly differs from the exxagerated over-the-top Gotham from the other movies.

My faith in DC-based movies has been restored. Now, I can look forward to Superman Returns and perhaps a good realistic version of Green Lantern and Shazam! (a kid who turns into the Rock).

Oh yeah, and I want to see FF too!

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

I like Appleseed...

Ammadeau
1385th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Batman Begins" , posted Sat 25 Jun 14:34post reply

quote:
Rutger Hauer was in the movie? I didn't see his replicant self anywhere in the movie.

He was the big boss of Wayne Corp, the one who got fired at the end. Almost didn't recognize him myself.

I agree with everyone who liked the movie but thought the fight scenes were really poorly done for the most part.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Mokona
281th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Batman Begins" , posted Sat 25 Jun 23:18post reply

Apparently, there's a rumor about Sean Penn being approached for the Joker role... but you know rumors...
In any case, I trust Nolan for his choices in casting, he did good on the first one, he won't mess it up for the sequel.

Blah!

Burning Ranger
1222th Post

"Re(2):Batman Begins" , posted Sun 26 Jun 02:13post reply

quote:
Apparently, there's a rumor about Sean Penn being approached for the Joker role... but you know rumors...
In any case, I trust Nolan for his choices in casting, he did good on the first one, he won't mess it up for the sequel.

Now now... lets not get into a fanboy discussion here *cough* DENNIS LEARY for JOKER *COUGH COUGH*

Still, I like how the movie incorporated some of Frank Miller's vision from Year One and DK Returns.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

I like Appleseed...

Altf4
163th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Batman Begins" , posted Sun 26 Jun 20:56post reply

one of the shittiest movie i've seen in recent times. I want my money back. Bloody prequels.

Oroch
826th Post

"Re(4):Batman Begins" , posted Mon 27 Jun 00:15post reply

quote:
one of the shittiest movie i've seen in recent times. I want my money back. Bloody prequels.

it wasnt a prequel, they just reset the movie franchise

saw it yesterday night, wasnt too bad, i like the new batman

nolan and bale are good