Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2431 Views )

Iggy
6730th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Wed 15 Jun 18:45post reply

There will be hidden games in the Sonic Collection released on PS2 and GC the 28/07 that won't have anything to do with Sonic.

And there is a rumor (the guy edited his entry since it was first linked, so let's take it as a rumor) that one of those might be the original Bare Knuckles / Street of Rage !
Hoorray ! Hooray !

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Replies:

IkariDC
353th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Wed 15 Jun 21:07post reply

quote:
There will be hidden games in the Sonic Collection released on PS2 and GC the 28/07 that won't have anything to do with Sonic.

And there is a rumor (the guy edited his entry since it was first linked, so let's take it as a rumor) that one of those might be the original Bare Knuckles / Street of Rage !
Hoorray ! Hooray !

It sounds strange, you know, Bare Knuckle is one of the long time announced Sega Ages games to be made. But I don't mind if they put that game or the other two, or all of them!

Anyways, this second Sonic Collection seems to be more worthwhile than the previous one.

shin ramberk
136th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Thu 16 Jun 00:02post reply

What exactly is in the Sonic Gems Collection? I read a gamespot article on the collection and understood that the following games are on it:

Sonic CD
Sonic R
Sonic the Fighters
Gamegear Sonic games

Anything else? Also, whats the big deal with Sonic CD? I always hear this game get a lot of hype, with some people even claiming it was the best in the series. And what sort of game is Sonic R?

The collection looks interesting. Hopefully Streets of Rage is a bonus. I'm really interested in Sonic the Fighters, which according to Gamespot, got slightly updated graphics.

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

exodus
2751th Post

"Re(2):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Thu 16 Jun 00:52:post reply

sonic CD is directed by the guy that directed nights, Naoto Ohshima. he was the original sonic character designer, too.
Sonic CD is the one sonic without any help from yuji naka, and that's why it's never been re-released, after so many requests, some people speculate.

The reason the game is so good is because the music is excellent, and the levels are SO expansive. Each level and stage has a past, present and future, which changes the landscape and the music, and the enemies. Plus it has a mode-7 esque minigame for getting chaos emeralds. It's just really well put together overall, and feels like a really advanced sonic game, in spite of having come out after the first sonic, ie before sonic 2.

Now Ohshima runs Artoon and makes crap games nobody wants. But he WAS the best thing about sonic team at one point.

Sonic R is a racing game made by UK developer Traveler's Tales. It features famous Sonic Characters such as sonic, emi, mecha sonic (original from sonic CD, also? I forget if he was in the first), eggman, tails. it's 3D (saturn 3D), but the cool thing about it is that there are so many hidden areas, places to get rings, and emeralds and powerups, that often I found myself spending time just exploring. my friend and I would just go on two-player and explore the world...kind of like when you turn back into elliot or the girl in nights, how you just want to explore. though this isn't nearly as vibrant a world as nights.

The thing I really feel is missing from this comp is the sonic isometric arcade game. Looks a bit nicer than sonic 3D, which I actually kind of liked for the saturn, and seems to play well. let's wait for rugal falcon to tell us about that though.

[edit]
let's go for english!

[this message was edited by exodus on Thu 16 Jun 05:35]

Red Falcon
5482th Post

"Re(3):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Thu 16 Jun 01:14post reply

quote:
The thing I really feel is missing from this comp is the sonic isometric arcade game. Looks a bit nicer than sonic 3D, which I actually kind of liked for the saturn, and seems to play well. let's wait for rugal falcon to tell us about that though.

You raaang? Yeah, it plays pretty well considering it uses a trackball, and I definately think it should be included on one of these collections so people can play it, but truth be told, after you play through it a couple of times it gets pretty bland (still a lot better than stuff like Flicky's Island, though!) CONSIDERING the whole trackball thing, though, I wouldn't be surprised if it never is included in one of these (playing it without the trackball kind of defeats the purpose of it.. then again, I'm sure they could do something with it. I mean, Centipede has had many home releases, no?)

Best site EVER:Link Here

CHAZumaru
139th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Thu 16 Jun 01:21post reply

quote:

Sonic R is a racing game made by UK developer Traveler's Tales. It features famous Sonic Characters such as sonic, emi, mecha sonic (original from sonic CD, also? I forget if he was in the first), eggman, tails. it's 3D (saturn 3D), but the cool thing about it is that there are so many hidden areas, places to get rings, and emeralds and powerups, that often I found myself spending time just exploring. my friend and I would just go on two-player and explore the world...kind of like when you turn back into elliot or the girl in nights, how you just want to explore. though this isn't nearly as vibrant a world as nights.

You forgot the crazy Richard Jacques music.

quote:
The thing I really feel is missing from this comp is the sonic isometric arcade game.

SegaSonic. Hmmm, I too was expecting it to be released on this one, but the absence of trackball might hurt it. And where's that Chaotix turd ?

exodus
2747th Post

"Re(4):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Thu 16 Jun 01:28post reply

quote:
then again, I'm sure they could do something with it.

DS port!!!
yeah!

Oh yes, and the sonic R music is absolutely brilliant. we still sing it to this day.

'living in the city, you know you have to surviiiiive, you've got to keep the dream aliiiive, where everything is freeeee oh can't you seeeeee!?'

yeah.

and anyway, chaotix is not a turd, I love that game. it's why I still have a 32x!! I think it's my 2nd favorite sonic after sonic CD, and is certainly the most versatile and technical one in the series.

CHAZumaru
140th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Thu 16 Jun 01:40post reply

quote:

and anyway, chaotix is not a turd, I love that game. it's why I still have a 32x!! I think it's my 2nd favorite sonic after sonic CD, and is certainly the most versatile and technical one in the series.

Then you missed an interesting conversation on Chaotix on the IC forums, back when it was cool and online.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
I totally dispise this game !

End of Spoiler

exodus
2748th Post

"Re(6):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Thu 16 Jun 01:42post reply

well, if you hate it, you're wrong to do so. HAH! I could defend the game, but it takes too much effort for the three people that will understand.

I just watched those sonic arcade movies again, and it looks really fun. I love the music!!

Pollyanna
1176th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(7):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Thu 16 Jun 05:11post reply

Wow, Brandon. I never knew you liked Sonic so much.

Watch, the hidden game will just be something like Flicky. Flicky? That was the name, right? I loved that game.

Strangely enough, I just picked up Sonic Heroes yesterday. I find it childish and strangely homoerotic. I miss the awesome 80s metal from Sonic Adventure and it hurts my eyes. I'm not sure if the series changed or I did.

Ah..but it's not like it's a bad game...

exodus
2750th Post

"Re(8):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Thu 16 Jun 05:30post reply

quote:
Wow, Brandon. I never knew you liked Sonic so much.

um...yeahhhhhhhhhhh

it surprised me too, when I found out. It happened in college, as I was playing sonic 2 against somebody else for the first time, in the split-screen two player mode. I kicked the crap out of him, and he said 'wow, you must really like sonic.' I thought to myself - hey...I guess I do!

I dunno, it's kind of weird, I know a lot about the series, but only really truly enjoyed sonic CD, sonic 2 and knuckles chaotix. the others I enjoyed for various reasons though...

I haven't played a sonic past sonic adventure for DC though...with the exception of sonic advance 2, which I find really uninteresting. Sonic Rub might be cool, but I'm pretty much at the point where I feel like the sonic era has long passed.

shadow is being developed in san francisco btw. did people know that? that's going to be an awful game. I wonder how bad heroes was...

Spoon
1084th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(8):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Thu 16 Jun 05:41post reply

quote:
I find it childish and strangely homoerotic.

Details.

quote:

I miss the awesome 80s metal from Sonic Adventure

80's obsession
WE ARE LIVING LIVING IN THE EIGHTIES
WE STILL FIGHTING FIGHTING IN THE EIGHTIES EIGHTIES EIGHTIES...

HAYATO
410th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Thu 16 Jun 06:43post reply

quote:
well, if you hate it, you're wrong to do so. HAH! I could defend the game, but it takes too much effort for the three people that will understand.

I just watched those sonic arcade movies again, and it looks really fun. I love the music!!

Yeah, Chaotix was a great game.In fact I think it's even better than Sonic 3 + Knuckles (I got tired of it earlier than any other Sonic game).I really loved the cooperation concept of Chaotix, and it has the best 2D graphics in the whole Sonic series. I don't understand how Sonic fans can despise it...

Maou
689th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(8):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Thu 16 Jun 12:34post reply

Wahaha, I had no idea I'd ever see so many Chaotix fans...that is, two! I have no comment, never having been tricked into getting a 32X (despite owning a Japanese and American Mega CD, both with the same 3 games...Lunar 1, 2, and Sonic CD). I just assumed that the endless hatred for the game must have been justified, but maybe it was just people's redirected anger at their 32X being taken out on poor Chaotix.

But meanwhile, YEAH, like exodus said, Sonic CD is easily the best of the series in my mind, the soundtrack is incredible (and surprisingly, the totally different US soundtrack is just as good, if not better in some places, like Stardust Speedway), it has the expansiveness that always made Sonic fall short of Mario, and the bosses are clever, especially the unforgettable race against Metal Sonic. Fantastic game, that.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Red Falcon
5486th Post

"Re(7):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Thu 16 Jun 13:34:post reply

quote:

You want me to make some more of some of the other stages? I guess I could (and they'd be converted better; I could cart the crap over to my friend's place and make it there, like I did with Magician Lord)

Edit: Oh yeah, and count me as a Chaotix fan, too. It isn't my favorite, but I CERTAINLY don't think it deserves it rep.

Best site EVER:Link Here

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Thu 16 Jun 13:36]

exodus
2753th Post

"Re(8):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Thu 16 Jun 15:20post reply

quote:

You want me to make some more of some of the other stages?

yeah, that'd be cool!!

Iggy
6747th Post

"Bare Knucles 1+2+3 + Bonanza Brothers" , posted Fri 17 Jun 05:58post reply

Source.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Abster
68th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Bare Knucles 1+2+3 + Bonanza Brothers" , posted Fri 17 Jun 06:05post reply

quote:
Source.

Damn. You beat me to it!

IGN also confirms this story.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/626/626242p1.html

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/Abster316/dedication3.gif [Image Attached]

There's no substitution to dedication

Pollyanna
1179th Post

"Re(9):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Fri 17 Jun 06:28post reply

quote:

Details.

80's obsession

OK OK. That's ENOUGH Tough Boy. Even I have my limits...even if I still fight in the 80's.

As for the homoeroticism, I dunno. Maybe I should have said "mysteriously homoerotic" because I can't quite put my finger on it. I guess it's all the happy talking and touching each other. Also, somehow Tails seems like one of those rape bait little boy characters all of a sudden.

shin ramberk
137th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Fri 17 Jun 06:37post reply

quote:

Details.

80's obsession

OK OK. That's ENOUGH Tough Boy. Even I have my limits...even if I still fight in the 80's.

As for the homoeroticism, I dunno. Maybe I should have said "mysteriously homoerotic" because I can't quite put my finger on it. I guess it's all the happy talking and touching each other. Also, somehow Tails seems like one of those rape bait little boy characters all of a sudden.

Ha!Ha! Rape bait little boy. Poor Tail, but I can totally see it. What with Sonic as his butch boyfriend and Knuckles as their sporty, narcisstic friend.

OKAY THATS ENOUGH. (you can continue but I must stop before my postings de-evolve into really nasty slash and furries fiction. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

exodus
2757th Post

"Re(10):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Fri 17 Jun 06:38post reply

quote:

As for the homoeroticism, I dunno.

when that game came out, eric-jon from my site found a fan illustration of sonic reaming tails from behind. that was a little gross.

but isn't tails female? I forget.

Spoon
1092th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collecti" , posted Fri 17 Jun 06:50post reply

quote:

but isn't tails female? I forget.

That'd bring a whole new angle to the game if it were true.

But Tails is a he.
His first name is "Miles".

Spoon
1095th Post

"Re(10):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collection" , posted Fri 17 Jun 07:03:post reply

quote:
...even if I still fight in the 80's.

fighting in the heart of madness?

quote:

Also, somehow Tails seems like one of those rape bait little boy characters all of a sudden.

O_O...

[this message was edited by Spoon on Fri 17 Jun 07:10]

aderack
120th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collecti" , posted Fri 17 Jun 13:28post reply

About Heroes: Sonic Team sculpted butt cheeks on Tails. Just... look.

It's the Solid Snake effect that Kojima was going for. You know you want Tails. You just don't know why.

EricJonRösselWaugh
YOU CANNOT STOP ME WITH JUST A PARAMECIUM!

aderack
122th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collecti" , posted Fri 17 Jun 13:30:post reply

Wow, about time to change the profile.

[this message was edited by aderack on Fri 17 Jun 13:33]

Pollyanna
1181th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collecti" , posted Fri 17 Jun 14:00post reply

Butt cheeks, huh? Now if only Tails had some vinyl hot pants to stuff them in, then he'd be a super rape bait boy.

Yes...Yes I DO realize the irony of that statement.

Spoon
1096th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collecti" , posted Fri 17 Jun 16:35post reply

quote:
Butt cheeks, huh? Now if only Tails had some vinyl hot pants to stuff them in, then he'd be a super rape bait boy.

Yes...Yes I DO realize the irony of that statement.

Why do discussions on this board turn out this way.

Pollyanna
1184th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collecti" , posted Fri 17 Jun 18:55post reply

quote:

Why do discussions on this board turn out this way.

Yeah, it's crazy. It's even affecting ME now. A few months ago, I wouldn't post such a terrible thing.

Iggy
6752th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collecti" , posted Fri 17 Jun 19:13post reply

quote:
Yeah, it's crazy. It's even affecting ME now. A few months ago, I wouldn't post such a terrible thing.

It's all Zepy's fault !
BURN THE WITCH !

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Zepy
1067th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Bonus in the Sonic Gems Collecti" , posted Fri 17 Jun 22:58post reply

quote:
It's all Zepy's fault !
BURN THE WITCH !

UHO LETS BUILD A HOUSE TOGETHER

exodus
2761th Post

"buttocks discussion" , posted Sat 18 Jun 01:14post reply

Zepy is a slut...he builds a house with anyone :(

And speaking of butt cheeks, have you noticed that EVERYONE that's not wearing baggy pants, and even some that are, have really well-defined buttocks in FFX? It's alarming and arousing all at once.

aderack
122th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):buttocks discussion" , posted Sat 18 Jun 01:47post reply

I sense a conspiracy.

Surely there must be more buttock sightings.

Zepy
1068th Post

"Re(1):buttocks discussion" , posted Sat 18 Jun 14:22post reply

quote:
And speaking of butt cheeks, have you noticed that EVERYONE that's not wearing baggy pants, and even some that are, have really well-defined buttocks in FFX? It's alarming and arousing all at once.

What about your buttocks? Or Iggy's buttocks? Are they well-defined too? Even with baggy pants?

Iggy
6761th Post

"Re(2):buttocks discussion" , posted Sat 18 Jun 15:47post reply

quote:
What about your buttocks? Or Iggy's buttocks? Are they well-defined too? Even with baggy pants?

Only the scientists of the next millenium will have enough knowledge to answer this riddle.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

aderack
123th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):buttocks discussion" , posted Sat 18 Jun 16:24post reply

I think this deserves its own thread.

exodus
2766th Post

"Re(2):buttocks discussion" , posted Tue 21 Jun 00:59post reply

quote:

What about your buttocks?

well, my girlfriend says yes, but maybe she's just trying to be nice.

Iggy
6775th Post

"Re(2):buttocks discussion" , posted Tue 21 Jun 01:31post reply

quote:
Or Iggy's buttocks?

I have an answer to that.
A straight guy who saw me only once months ago (and nearly decently clothed) said yesterday I had very nice buttocks.

Well, he's as straight as a guy who says to a gay man he has a gorgeous ass and sends him naked pictures of himself, but 設定上, he's straight, and let's not start discuss 設定.

Settei are sacred.

It's the nicest thing I was said this month. Well, after the "oh no, not him !" of the anonymous girl during the exam this morning.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!