Original message (1844 Views )

GekigangerV
1115th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Game movie news, RE and Halo" , posted Tue 14 Jun 07:34post reply

First up the RE news

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/residentevilnews.php?id=10004

Both the third and fourth movies are in the works. I would seem they are taking their biggest leaps from the game by setting the movies in a post-apocalyptic world overrun by zombies. None of the RE games have been in a post-apocalyptic yet right?

And now the Halo news

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/10/business/media/10halo.html?ei=5090&en=1e6202618b0b88dd&ex=1276056000&adxnnl=1&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&adxnnlx=1118494946-3zRjb4l/TRhxqkOY4t%2BxMQ

So MS wanted $10 million off the bat and a bunch of other stuff to go with that. They didn't get that much but Creative Artists and MS are working out a deal.

Replies:

Korigama
59th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Game movie news, RE and Halo" , posted Tue 14 Jun 14:19post reply

quote:
None of the RE games have been in a post-apocalyptic yet right?

And hopefully they never will be...

Ugh, as if the "whole world is a post-apocalyptic wasteland" deal hadn't been done to death, it's the next step for the RE movies, which should have stopped at one (which was far from great, but at least it didn't screw with canon like RE: Apocalypse did).

Hungrywolf
3045th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Game movie news, RE and Halo" , posted Tue 14 Jun 14:25post reply

quote:
None of the RE games have been in a post-apocalyptic yet right?

And hopefully they never will be...

Ugh, as if the "whole world is a post-apocalyptic wasteland" deal hadn't been done to death, it's the next step for the RE movies, which should have stopped at one (which was far from great, but at least it didn't screw with canon like RE: Apocalypse did).

I'm currently playing RE4, and I love it. Such a departure from the other games. It's amazing. I haven't seen the movies but have played the RE remake and RE4, and plan to get 0, 2, and 3. Anyway, I wish they'd have just based the movies directly on the games, as I would've been interested in seeing a movie about Jill Valentine or Chris Redfield but wasn't interested in a character not from the games starring in the movie. Of course, I'm sure it wasn't as much of a departure as House of the Dead was, since the movie didn't take place in any kind of house. I'm glad I skipped that one, my friends say it's awful. I'm slightly interested in seeing RE Apocalypse just to see Jill in it. Are the RE movies at least decent?

Hungry Like the Wolf

Korigama
60th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Game movie news, RE and Halo" , posted Tue 14 Jun 14:31post reply

The first RE movie is passable, the second one is absolute crap. And considering that Jill acts nothing like she does in the games (examples of inaccuracies: WAY too much swearing, especially considering the fact that she never did in the games in the first place, plus the fact that she smokes when she never did in the first place), it would be a waste of time, unless the motive would be just to see how much the movie sucked.

Hungrywolf
3047th Post

"Re(4):Game movie news, RE and Halo" , posted Tue 14 Jun 15:19post reply

quote:
The first RE movie is passable, the second one is absolute crap. And considering that Jill acts nothing like she does in the games (examples of inaccuracies: WAY too much swearing, especially considering the fact that she never did in the games in the first place, plus the fact that she smokes when she never did in the first place), it would be a waste of time, unless the motive would be just to see how much the movie sucked.

I mainly got interested in Jill from playing way too much MvC2, but I like the RE games that I've played. The guide for RE that I have says that Jill has strong moral convictions for which she fights. Is that really explored in the first game (I haven't finished it, I will when I'm done with RE4). And what are the details on this, or are there any?

Hungry Like the Wolf

Jason
127th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Game movie news, RE and Halo" , posted Wed 15 Jun 01:10post reply

quote:
The guide for RE that I have says that Jill has strong moral convictions for which she fights. Is that really explored in the first game (I haven't finished it, I will when I'm done with RE4). And what are the details on this, or are there any?

If by 'strong moral convictions' you mean 'she shoots zombie dogs to death with a shotgun' then yes, otherwise no.

I knew I would do it and I know this I know what I am doing now that I am doing something both beautiful but gruesome because I am destroying its beauty by knowing that it might be beautiful know that if I know that I am dong something beautiful that it's no longer beautiful. - Dave Eggers A.H.W.O.S.G.

Hungrywolf
3048th Post

"Re(6):Game movie news, RE and Halo" , posted Wed 15 Jun 03:26post reply

quote:
The guide for RE that I have says that Jill has strong moral convictions for which she fights. Is that really explored in the first game (I haven't finished it, I will when I'm done with RE4). And what are the details on this, or are there any?

If by 'strong moral convictions' you mean 'she shoots zombie dogs to death with a shotgun' then yes, otherwise no.

Yeah, I figured they were just BS profile things, though some of them had some info.

Hungry Like the Wolf

GekigangerV
1117th Post

"Hitman News" , posted Wed 15 Jun 22:55post reply

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=10032

Played by Vin Diesel.

Mokona
272th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Hitman News" , posted Wed 15 Jun 23:20post reply

quote:

Played by Vin Diesel.

I can actually picture that! (doesn't mean it'll be any good... and for god's sake, keep Uwe Boll away from movies, ANY movies...)

Blah!

Oroch
822th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Hitman News" , posted Thu 16 Jun 00:59post reply

quote:

Played by Vin Diesel.

I can actually picture that! (doesn't mean it'll be any good... and for god's sake, keep Uwe Boll away from movies, ANY movies...)

tobias rieper, played by diesel? argh

Ishmael
2059th Post

"Re(3):Hitman News" , posted Thu 16 Jun 03:33post reply

The news that RE3 and 4 are coming down the pike isn't that surprising since we're in the middle of a zombie renaissance and the producers want to a part of the action. What is surprising is that people are continuing to go see RE movies.

The mental image of some poor slob sitting around a waiting room in full Halo regalia while an executive either read or -more likely- pitched the Halo script into the trash after seeing the demands from MS is hysterical. While it's nice that claims are being made that the demands are there to preserve the spirit of Halo is the story in Halo so profound and original that they need to worry about that?

Finally, I'll pay good money to see a movie where Vin Diesel walks around with a barcode on the back of his head.

Juan
4174th Post

"zombie" , posted Thu 16 Jun 04:42:post reply

quote:
the middle of a zombie renaissance

There has been a constant stream of nice zombie movies. I like this. Now that even George Romero is releasing another zombie movie, hopefully this will inspire Reimi to do one himself. Evil Dead or something else.

Oh yeah, zombie games.

zombie

zombies

[this message was edited by Juan on Thu 16 Jun 04:43]

exodus
2749th Post

"Re(1):zombie" , posted Thu 16 Jun 05:03post reply

quote:

zombie

zombies

yeah, I plan to play those!

Fygee
1190th Post

"Re(2):zombie" , posted Thu 16 Jun 09:57post reply

They should just throw all those millions of dollars into a giant bonfire and save everyone the time and energy.

HAYATO
416th Post

Gold Customer

"Uwe's Return?" , posted Thu 16 Jun 20:45post reply

I hope this is fake news, but I recently heard that Uwe Boll was going to direct the film adaptation of the videogame "Postal". Does anyone know whether this is true or not? The sole idea of this guy making another film makes me shudder...

deisied
346th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):zombie" , posted Thu 16 Jun 21:33post reply

quote:
They should just throw all those millions of dollars into a giant bonfire and save everyone the time and energy.

http://www.udargo.com/burton/Pulgares/

Gojira
1750th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Uwe's Return?" , posted Thu 16 Jun 22:05post reply

quote:
I hope this is fake news, but I recently heard that Uwe Boll was going to direct the film adaptation of the videogame "Postal". Does anyone know whether this is true or not? The sole idea of this guy making another film makes me shudder...

You're missing the point. The license is Postal. Having Uwe Boll on such a worthless project is almost as good as him not making any movies at all!