Final Fantasy CC question - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3352 Views )

Rid
6681th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles question" , posted Mon 13 Jun 04:45:post reply

What's up with Stiltzkin in that game? I liked the character a lot in FF9, but I hven't played FFCC, does he has a story or has any special role?

[this message was edited by Rid on Mon 13 Jun 04:46]

Replies:

NARUTO
3094th Post

"Re(1):Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles questi" , posted Mon 13 Jun 17:05post reply

quote:
What's up with Stiltzkin in that game? I liked the character a lot in FF9, but I hven't played FFCC, does he has a story or has any special role?

You see it in the begening of the game, He gives you a tutorial about many thing, like battle and magic.
And he explein you what the mog stamps are IIRC...

We are all mad at some point....

Gojira
1747th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles questi" , posted Mon 13 Jun 18:44post reply

As long as we're asking questions, I realize I've never touched the game... is it really as bad without multiple players and GBAs as people say? Or is that just an exaggeration?

NARUTO
3096th Post

"Re(3):Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles questi" , posted Mon 13 Jun 18:51post reply

quote:
As long as we're asking questions, I realize I've never touched the game... is it really as bad without multiple players and GBAs as people say? Or is that just an exaggeration?

Bad I won't says so...But boring yes...
After it's up to you. Personaly I've finished alone, it's just that the game will be monster killing more than anything else.

There isn't a strong stoyline that guides you, more a "level cleaning game".
You will have side quest but not much, and alone the game may be repetitive. After all it's just a question of taste.

Mav
81th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles questi" , posted Tue 14 Jun 07:08post reply

Beautiful-looking game, if nothing else. More worth it with friends, but a smidge harder with them than by yourself. (No "bucket" worries)

Stiltzkin also delivers mail to the players from their families after you complete levels, along with the items sometimes found in the mail.

Kikkoken
892th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles questi" , posted Wed 15 Jun 01:42:post reply

quote:
Beautiful-looking game, if nothing else. More worth it with friends, but a smidge harder with them than by yourself. (No "bucket" worries)

Stiltzkin also delivers mail to the players from their families after you complete levels, along with the items sometimes found in the mail.

I played the game with a friend who was not into videogames except FPSs. We played FFCC for weeks on end, and had a lot of fun, especially with the monsters that demand that you synchronize two spells in the later levels. We got stuck at the very last level, we never got close to completing it. It is true that the game is harder if you play 2P or more. On a side note, I think Zelda 4 swords is a tad bit better.

[this message was edited by Kikkoken on Wed 15 Jun 02:00]

Iggy
6717th Post

"Re(6):Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles questi" , posted Wed 15 Jun 02:12post reply

I'm extremely curious about this game, if only because of the productor and the director of the game.
On the other hand, most of my friends who played it said it was one of the most boring thing they've played, so I don't know.

Either way, Kikkoken... WHAT is this tag.
Explain.
NOW.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Kikkoken
893th Post

"Re(7):Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles questi" , posted Wed 15 Jun 03:54:post reply

quote:
I'm extremely curious about this game, if only because of the productor and the director of the game.
On the other hand, most of my friends who played it said it was one of the most boring thing they've played, so I don't know.

Either way, Kikkoken... WHAT is this tag.
Explain.
NOW.

It is Hélène Rollès, isn't she cute!
Iggy, we could have played FFCC together when you were there in my place. Why didn't you ask? The game is repetitive, for sure, but the advanced levels are a blast.
And as I said earlier, it is one of the few console games that Jojo (who is a PC/FPS freak) got hooked on.

[this message was edited by Kikkoken on Wed 15 Jun 03:57]

Iggy
6719th Post

"Re(8):Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles questi" , posted Wed 15 Jun 04:21post reply

quote:

I know who she is, I'm just asking if you are trying to have your French nationality revoqued.

As for FFCC... I don't know, I didn't even think about it.
But if Jojo liked, it can't be bad.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Kikkoken
893th Post

"Re(9):Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles questi" , posted Wed 15 Jun 05:18post reply

quote:
I know who she is, I'm just asking if you are trying to have your French nationality revoqued.

I was thinking that using a French lesbian icon as a sig instead of my Clark's armpits sig might exonerate me from all the smut I wrote here; it might also help attract some kinky girls in the BBS too, and stop transforming the BBS members into an army of pédérastes. This BBS needs MELODICAS!!!!

Iggy
6721th Post

"Re(10):Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles quest" , posted Wed 15 Jun 06:20post reply

quote:
I was thinking that using a French lesbian icon

Wait, wait, wait.
I missed quite a lot of stuff recently, and I don't care about most of it, but...
HELENE IS A LESBIAN !?
quote:
This BBS needs MELODICAS!!!!
You don't know how much I agree with you.
But just for the melodica.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Kikkoken
895th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles" , posted Wed 15 Jun 06:28post reply

quote:
I was thinking that using a French lesbian icon
Wait, wait, wait.
I missed quite a lot of stuff recently, and I don't care about most of it, but...
HELENE IS A LESBIAN !?
This BBS needs MELODICAS!!!! You don't know how much I agree with you.
But just for the melodica.

Well, many lesbians assume her to be one, though she never made it public. Rumours said that she had been closely 'chaperoned' by Dorothée who IS a well-known lesbian. Plus when she partook in The First Company, she remained ever so secretive about her mysterious 'lover' and she's the only celebrity who received no letters and no visit when the other ones were. She also wrote a song that goes:
Amour secret, obligés de se cacher
Amour secret, toujours dissimulé
Amour secret, pas le droit de le dire
Amour secret, condamnés à mentir
Quand on voudrait
Crier au monde entier
Son bonheur et sa joie
De s'aimer si fort que ça
Mais toi et moi
N'en n'avons pas encore le droit

Amour secret, cacher tous ses sentiments
Amour secret, s'empêcher tout le temps
Amour secret, ne pas pouvoir t'embrasser
Quand je voudrais mourir dans tes baisers
Quand il faudrait
Crier au monde entier
Mon bonheur et ma joie
De t'aimer si fort que ça
Mais toi et moi

Est-ce qu'un matin enfin
Tu me prendras la main
Sans avoir peur des autres
Sans que t'aimer soit une faute

Oui je voudrais
Crier au monde entier
Mon bonheur et ma joie
De t'aimer si fort que ça
Mais toi et moi
Oui toi et moi

But I'm starting to go off topic there, aren't I.

Iggy
6723th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles" , posted Wed 15 Jun 06:40post reply

OMG
quote:
Dorothée who IS a well-known lesbian.

OMG x2
quote:

OMG x3

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

CHAZumaru
137th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles" , posted Wed 15 Jun 07:33post reply

quote:

Well, many lesbians assume her to be one, though she never made it public. Rumours said that she had been closely 'chaperoned' by Dorothée who IS a well-known lesbian.

Kaepora
422th Post

Gold Customer

"I am off topic." , posted Wed 15 Jun 11:48post reply

quote:
Is it really as bad without multiple players and GBAs as people say? Or is that just an exaggeration?

Based on my experience, I'd agree that it's bad without a GBA for each person. I wasn't too keen on the GBA-connectivity thing initially, but having played it I see how it is necessary.

You manage menus and inventory, shops, and monster info and maps through the GBA. The game is not split-screen (like Phantasy Star Online), so everyone shares the TV screen. Without a separate screen, you'd have to wait every time someone wanted to go into their inventory to change their weapon, and you'd need to take turns buying stuff at the store instead of everyone doing it at the same time. Basically, the game would pause whenver anyone needed to do any kind of menu action, which happens a lot. This is probably the only game I've played so far that I feel uses the GBA connection as something other than a lame gimmick (I haven't played Four Swords though).

In single player, the game pauses when you pull up the [full screen] menu if you play without a GBA, so it isn't necessary there. If anything, it seems like a nuisance after having gotten used the using the GBA to manage that stuff.

Regarding the game itself, I think it's a fun game that you should definately try if you have at least one other person playing with you, but I thought there were some flaws with their implementation. I'd be first in line for a sequel if they changed a couple key things.

Gojira
1748th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):I am off topic." , posted Wed 15 Jun 13:30post reply

Yeah, well my point in asking was precisely because I have nobody else to play it with and no GBA, but I saw it on sale for $15 and it's FF so I was curious. Sounds like I should just not bother if all I'm going to do is single-player it. That's pretty much all I wanted to know anyway.

NARUTO
3099th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles" , posted Wed 15 Jun 16:50post reply

quote:
OMG
Dorothée who IS a well-known lesbian.
OMG x2
OMG x3

OMG x4 ! Yes Iggy Kikkoken have once again showed us something big...

Back to the game, IMO I've apreciated it, and I'm really curious right now to see the next FFCC on N.Revolution that Square announced...