SC3 update (6/10) - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3495 Views )

Gojira
1745th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"SC3 update (6/10)" , posted Sun 12 Jun 20:33post reply

New Kimagure Watcher interview featuring the interactive cutscenes a la Soul Blade.

http://www.soularchive.jp

All the mosaic on that mysterious screenshot really gives it an "adult" feel

Replies:

Ishmael
2058th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(7):SC3 update (6/10)" , posted Mon 13 Jun 03:32post reply

Watcher Tan has become my favorite Namco character. The return of the interactive cutscenes is welcome news. If SC3 is being built for the PS2 there's no reason not to branch out from the traditional arcade presentation of one round after another.

Speaking of branching out, the CAW looks wonderfully involved. The addition of all new weapons is much appreciated as is the ability to twiddle with your character to such a degree that you can even change the color of their lips. The news that you will be able to color edit the primary cast as well is also good news even if it will quickly get abused. The race to give Taki a skin colored suit begins... now!

NARUTO
3095th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(8):SC3 update (6/10)" , posted Mon 13 Jun 17:35post reply

This character creation system is really disturbing me... how will they balance that...

We are all mad at some point....

Gojira
1746th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(9):SC3 update (6/10)" , posted Mon 13 Jun 18:41post reply

quote:
This character creation system is really disturbing me... how will they balance that...

I imagine they won't. If they end up being too powerful, created characters will simply be banned from tournament play. I actually wonder how much you can edit the actual moves; from the video's description it seems to me like you just pick a weapon style, and the moves and character mannerisms are automatically assigned.

Siegfried
432th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(10):SC3 update (6/10)" , posted Tue 14 Jun 08:47post reply

Most likely they will try to balance the fighting styles, but it will still mean 16*4 (if I understand the class system correctly) more "characters" to balance overall, which is quite unlikely to work.

Anyway, screw balance. The character creation will let me make all kinds of cool custom characters and play them in one of the best fighting games.

quote:

I imagine they won't. If they end up being too powerful, created characters will simply be banned from tournament play. I actually wonder how much you can edit the actual moves; from the video's description it seems to me like you just pick a weapon style, and the moves and character mannerisms are automatically assigned.

----------------
Webmaster of Fighter Mania
kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/

Maou
688th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):Re(10):SC3 update (6/10)" , posted Wed 15 Jun 07:20post reply

I wouldn't worry about character creation, it's just going to be for fun, sort of like how the weapons in Soul Edge and SCII actually foul up the gameplay balance and aren't used seriously, but are fairly entertaining. And given my ability to make ridiculous characters in Justice Gakuen (boy fighter with Tiffany's beautiful exciting kick), this should be good.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...