Favourite Belmont? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4375 Views )

Time Mage
2163th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 02:47post reply

So, I was thinking about how cool is Julius Belmont, because his awesome theme and his older design, when I came up with this stupid, but curious question. So, who's your favorite. explain why, with spoiler tags, if necessary.

Who's your favorite Belmont?
Leon Belmont
Sonia Belmont
Trevor Belmont
Christopher Belmont
Simon Belmont
Juste Belmont
Richter Belmont
Julius Belmont

Replies:

Maou
679th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 02:51post reply

Time Mage's poll is brilliant! While old-school Simon is certainly legit, Richter was the first one I ever saw (believe it or not, I managed to own Nocturne in the Moonlight way before I played all the platformers) and I like his blue outfit, it's a step up from the rags poor Simon wears. His Nocturne makeover was pretty classy, too, and I love his theme music that plays as you battle him (and obviously in level one of Rondo, too).

I support Trevor just because he has an initial in his real Ralph C. Belmont name. Ralph C. ...heh, how excellent.

I also wanted to show support, but didn't, for Sonia, who stupid IGA effectively erased despite her being a strong, attractive female lead whose story tied in with Alucard's nicely.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

ONSLAUGHT
3376th Post

"Re(1):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 02:52post reply

quote:
So, I was thinking about how cool is Julius Belmont, because his awesome theme and his older design, when I came up with this stupid, but curious question. So, who's your favorite. explain why, with spoiler tags, if necessary.

Poll

Segismund Belmont, because he could analize every vampire fetish before going into a killing rampage.

Iggy
6704th Post

"Re(1):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 03:01post reply

I can't remember who's who.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Time Mage
2164th Post

"Re(2):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 03:19post reply

quote:

I don't remember most, but for the sake of completion, I informed myself briefly so everyone would be there.

And seriously, Julius rocks. He can teleport, he's fast, he has a grrrreat theme (I said it already but I don't care), even his voice is great. And

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
he, even with aid, sealed Dracula once and for all, unlike his predecessors. Hah! I'd love a Castlevania with classic gameplay featuring him against Dracula, along with Alucard and co.

End of Spoiler

I also like Simon, for being a classic (and because of his theme in Super Castlevania IV, which also rocks) and Sonia has charm, too. it's pity IGA thinks too much, and scrapped her out of the story because she was a woman. This is fiction, dammit!

Maou
682th Post

"Re(2):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 03:22post reply

quote:

Tohohohohoh.

Sensenic
1309th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 04:54:post reply

quote:
And seriously, Julius rocks. He can teleport, he's fast, he has a grrrreat theme (I said it already but I don't care), even his voice is great. And -spoiler-

That's why I was really surprised to see the new CVs were taking place after CV3 and AoS. The one after LoI and CV '99 are the most "needed" ones, plot-wise.

And don't start me with "CV doesn't have a plot, blah, blah". That's precisely what Iga & co. are working towards.
If that's a good or a bad thing, tho', I shall not discuss. From my POV I like everything they've done so far except introducing the "Mathias" element (although that oughta be explained with the sequel to LOI) and them taking it the easy way and wiping off COTM, the 64 games and (specially, since plot-wise those 3 were quite... ugh...) Sonia's story just because it wouldn't match their version.

And, TM, (I can't help being "repelente"... ) you forgot a few:

- John Morris
EDIT: - Soleiyu Belmont
(however you spell that)

Non-canon anymore, like Sonia:
- Victor Belmont
- Reinhardt Schneider

Za Peepaa Yomiko chan! -Nyoooon-

My philosophy professor was a flan Myself

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Sat 11 Jun 04:55]

exodus
2735th Post

"Re(3):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 05:16:post reply

quote:

Tohohohohoh.

that character page is down, so: check here!

[edit]
btw richter!
though my favorite vampire killer is soma cruz.

[this message was edited by exodus on Sat 11 Jun 05:24]

Time Mage
2168th Post

"Re(4):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 05:21post reply

quote:
And, TM, (I can't help being "repelente"... ) you forgot a few:

- John Morris
EDIT: - Soleiyu Belmont
(however you spell that)

- Victor Belmont
- Reinhardt Schneider

John Morris and Reindhart Schneider aren't Belmonts, they have belmont blood at the very least, but I didn't count them because of that.
About Soleiyu Belmont... He is a Belmont, but it doesn't look like he's ever been a vampire hunter, so that's why I didn't include him. He only gets kidnapped.

Además, se dice "tocapelotas", no "repelente" ;)

Red Falcon
5480th Post

"Re(1):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 05:24post reply

Simon. Who can top the original (plus, he's the hero in my favorite CV games)

Best site EVER:Link Here

Sensenic
1309th Post

"Re(5):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 05:34post reply

quote:
John Morris and Reindhart Schneider aren't Belmonts, they have belmont blood at the very least, but I didn't count them because of that.

Nope, they officially are (well, actually, John IS and Reinhardt WAS). The name just got lost at some point (Probably descendants of a female Belmont).
quote:
About Soleiyu Belmont... He is a Belmont, but it doesn't look like he's ever been a vampire hunter, so that's why I didn't include him. He only gets kidnapped.

Well, he was about to receive the whip when he was taken by Drac. And I guess he became a Vampire Hunter with his Vampire Killer, which he passed down to his son who, etc, to Simon Belmont, who is the next "known" one.
quote:
Además, se dice "tocapelotas", no "repelente" ;)

Llámalo como quieras, pero es superior a mí. No puedo evitarlo, soy el "repelente niño Vicente". u_u

Sano
1820th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 05:36post reply

quote:

- Victor Belmont
- Reinhardt Schneider

Are you serious? Each Castlevania happens during a specific time period, they can all happen. I mean, what's his face didn't even fight Dracula and Lament of Innocence leaving Sonia to still be the first to fight him still... heh, I'm usually the one to talk about canon around here and then get told no one cares about canon...

What wouldn't make sense though is why Sonia fought Alucard, what was that about? One of them Nintendo Power Guides said something like, "They were friends and now they are not" whatever the Hell that was supposed to mean. Didn't make sense in the game, doesn't make sense now, course I didn't actually play the game so...

But anyways I went with Simon Belmont. He was the first one we met, and ladies were proposing marriage to him in Simon's Quest, even old ones, LOL! Richter WAS cool when he had the Anime look until he got 'gayed' up in Symphony of the Night. Speaking of Symphony, it revealed that Alucard was the one to help Trevor. Now, to access Alucard's ghost in part 3 you can not get Grant Dynasty or Sypha Belnades, and seeing how Tevor got the worst ghost (Alucard was lame in that game compared to Grant and Sypha, not to mention his path was harder and a pain in the Ass, I still have nightmares about falling blocks...) Trevor lost some cool points with me. Should of taken the Grant/Sypha route... and Sypha's a girl too, WHOA...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Sensenic
1311th Post

"Re(5):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 05:47:post reply

quote:

Are you serious? Each Castlevania happens during a specific time period, they can all happen. I mean, what's his face didn't even fight Dracula and Lament of Innocence leaving Sonia to still be the first to fight him still...

I know that. They're just not anymore because Iga & co. said so.
Officially Circle of the Moon, the N64 games and Legends (Sonia's one) never happened.
quote:
heh, I'm usually the one to talk about canon around here and then get told no one cares about canon...

Generally, I'm a plot whore. You're not alone, my friend.
quote:
What wouldn't make sense though is why Sonia fought Alucard, what was that about? One of them Nintendo Power Guides said something like, "They were friends and now they are not" whatever the Hell that was supposed to mean. Didn't make sense in the game, doesn't make sense now, course I didn't actually play the game so...

He tested her to see if she was actually capable of facing Daddy. He saw she was, and then decided to go to bed, instead of helping her. u_u
And they were more than friends.
quote:
Speaking of Symphony, it revealed that Alucard was the one to help Trevor. Now, to access Alucard's ghost in part 3 you can not get Grant Dynasty or Sypha Belnades, and seeing how Tevor got the worst ghost (Alucard was lame in that game compared to Grant and Sypha, not to mention his path was harder and a pain in the Ass, I still have nightmares about falling blocks...) Trevor lost some cool points with me. Should of taken the Grant/Sypha route... and Sypha's a girl too, WHOA...

That was only gameplay-wise. Again, officially the 3 "helpers" were met by Ralph and the four of them together beat Dracula. After all Alucard has to fight his 3 companions in the same Symphony.
It's also official Ralph and Sypha got married (and one can guess that made the Belmonts more powerful in magic).

Actually, in the dungeon there used to be a couple of scans with Iga's official chronology... When I find them I'll post them.

EDIT: Mitsuketa. From the AOS Artbook:
1 2

In the first one you can see Ralph C Belmont (Belmondo, Jap name) and Sypha Belnades (Vernandesu, in katakana, my guess is they originally meant Fernández. Spanish, yay! ^_^) combined both clans.

And, altho' LOI was still not made here, the previously mentioned games are nowhere to be seen.

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Sat 11 Jun 05:55]

Red Falcon
5481th Post

"Re(5):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 05:48post reply

I agree with Sano, I was under the impression the 3D Belmont came even before her, considering Drac didn't even exist at that point.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Time Mage
2169th Post

"Re(6):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 05:55post reply

quote:
Nope, they officially are (well, actually, John IS and Reinhardt WAS). The name just got lost at some point (Probably descendants of a female Belmont).

OK, I'll give you a better reason: It's MY poll. Hah!

Sano
1821th Post

"Re(6):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 06:00post reply

quote:

That was only gameplay-wise. Again, officially the 3 "helpers" were met by Ralph and the four of them together beat Dracula. After all Alucard has to fight his 3 companions in the same Symphony.
It's also official Ralph and Sypha got married (and one can guess that made the Belmonts more powerful in magic).

Actually, in the dungeon there used to be a couple of scans with Iga's official chronology... When I find them I'll post them.

I used to have the dungeon listed as one of my favorites until I lost it so if you could find the link I'd appreciate it. Back then they used to say all of the games where canon, but they also said the Kid Dracula games were canon and that much at least can't be anymore since Lamont showed there was no Kid Dracula.

So I'm guessing in America he is called Trevor Belmont and in Japan he is called Ralph Belmont in Castlevania 3?

And I just thought Alucard running into Sypha and Grant in Symphony was just so they could do... something since they did nothing in Castlevania 3 the way I saw it. But if I stop to think about it, there is a Belnades in Aria of Sorrow indicating she'd have to become un-statued, I suspect the Belnades in Aria of Sorrow is a cousin of the Belmonts or something?

Anwyway, thanks again for your info and speedy response!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Sensenic
1311th Post

"Re(7):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 06:13post reply

quote:
OK, I'll give you a better reason: It's MY poll. Hah!

But... but I... but...
I surrender. I lost.
quote:
I used to have the dungeon listed as one of my favorites until I lost it so if you could find the link I'd appreciate it.

There wou went.
quote:
So I'm guessing in America he is called Trevor Belmont and in Japan he is called Ralph Belmont in Castlevania 3?

Yup. Why the change? Go figure... u_u;
quote:
But if I stop to think about it, there is a Belnades in Aria of Sorrow indicating she'd have to become un-statued, I suspect the Belnades in Aria of Sorrow is a cousin of the Belmonts or something?

Well, that's more probably what it is. Either that or Sypha got her own descendants before or after marrying Ralph/Trevor. That'd imply a divorce, quite improbable at those times
There was another Belnades/Vernandesu/Fernández, anyway: Carrie, from the 64 games, but they are not to be taken as canon anymore so...

And speaking about descendants... One's gotta wonder how Juste came out being an albino coming from a lineage of rambo-like men...
quote:

Anwyway, thanks again for your info and speedy response!

You're welcome. Here I am, at home, having nothing better to do. ^_^

HAYATO
409th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 08:06post reply

I voted for Simon, the only Belmont who's smart enough to slash his whip in any direction...I bet endogamy ruined Belmont genes in the end...

exodus
2736th Post

"Re(9):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 08:26post reply

I didn't know this word before...

Hungrywolf
3043th Post

"Re(10):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 10:36post reply

Simon Belmont.... because he was my first...

Hungry Like the Wolf

Gojira
1744th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(10):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 10:39post reply

Ralph and no other. Because unlike so many other Belmonts, Ralph didn't have shitty magic parlor tricks or overly athletic feats to rely on. And unlike Simon, he had friends. RALPH!

Hungrywolf
3044th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 14:12post reply

quote:
Ralph and no other. Because unlike so many other Belmonts, Ralph didn't have shitty magic parlor tricks or overly athletic feats to rely on. And unlike Simon, he had friends. RALPH!

Simon had friends.

Hungry Like the Wolf

NARUTO
3090th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 19:58post reply

Simon, the 1st vampire hunter I've played as...

We are all mad at some point....

DarkZero
1248th Post

"Re(8):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 20:05post reply

quote:

And speaking about descendants... One's gotta wonder how Juste came out being an albino coming from a lineage of rambo-like men...

Well, if you count Legends, then technically all of the Belmonts past Trevor are relatives of both Sypha and Alucard. I just figured that Juste was the result of the "recessive" Belnades and Fahrenheit genes. In fact, I think they even mentioned the direct connection between Juste and Sypha at some point during the promotion of the game.

Oh, and I believe that Belnades and Fernandez are the same thing, so Carrie Fernandez and Yoko Belnades are technically related to the Belmonts. It's kind of cool how they managed to weave all of this throughout the games, so it's a shame that they're ignoring certain games now instead of just remaking Legends as a PS2 or GBA game.

Sano
1823th Post

"Re(3):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sat 11 Jun 23:07post reply

quote:

Tohohohohoh.

Here I was looking for the Dungeon's site and you posted it here all along. Thanks, it's back in my favorites!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

kikkoken
888th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(10):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sun 12 Jun 00:24post reply

quote:
I didn't know this word before...

Heterosexual stuff anyway.

Maou
686th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sun 12 Jun 02:38post reply

I bet Simon didn't have enough friends. Ralph is definitely a people person, as shown by his ability to make friends with pirates and strange girls and unfriendly half-vamps. He probably used his stellar middle initial to introduce himself at parties in a smarmy way. "Hi~i. I'm Ralph C. Belmont."

Sano
1824th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sun 12 Jun 03:20post reply

quote:
I bet Simon didn't have enough friends. Ralph is definitely a people person, as shown by his ability to make friends with pirates and strange girls and unfriendly half-vamps. He probably used his stellar middle initial to introduce himself at parties in a smarmy way. "Hi~i. I'm Ralph C. Belmont."

All of Simon's Male friends were jealous of him because random women in the street would propose marriage to him (Simon's Quest) and his friends couldn't take any girls out because the streets at night and the woods all day were littered with monsters and that was... his fault for destoying Dracula in the first place and letting his six body parts get away. DOH! Ironically no one seemed to like the goofball Simon on Captain N either, except for an eight legged Octupus lady in Wombat Land, an overweight princess in Xanadu, and a big female gorilla who winked at him in Kongo Land during season two...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Sensenic
1312th Post

"Re(9):Favourite Belmont?" , posted Sun 12 Jun 06:25post reply

quote:
Well, if you count Legends, then technically all of the Belmonts past Trevor are relatives of both Sypha and Alucard. I just figured that Juste was the result of the "recessive" Belnades and Fahrenheit genes. In fact, I think they even mentioned the direct connection between Juste and Sypha at some point during the promotion of the game.

Oh, that was just a stupid joke... ^_^
And also, as long as Iga's team don't say the opposite, Legends is supposedly not to be "counted" anymore.
quote:
Oh, and I believe that Belnades and Fernandez are the same thing, so Carrie Fernandez and Yoko Belnades are technically related to the Belmonts.

True, although I believe that Yoko and Carrie are rather related with some other line of the Belnades/Vernandes/Fernández and not descendants of the Belmonts (They would've said so if it was the case).
quote:
It's kind of cool how they managed to weave all of this throughout the games, so it's a shame that they're ignoring certain games now instead of just remaking Legends as a PS2 or GBA game.

Yup, a shame indeed. But it's also true that 64 games' story was a bit... eh... "ugly" and unconsiderate towards the rest, with things like the beginning that goes "like every 100 years Dracula rises again..." (or similar) when between SOTN and the Dracula novel (these games supposedly happened in the 19th century) there are exactly 100 years.

But it still was a shame that they just took the easy way and blew them off the official chronology. An ugly move.