SF Anime what-if - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3407 Views )

ZamIAm
1536th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"SF Anime what-if" , posted Fri 10 Jun 23:06post reply

The general consensus is that the US produced SF animated series sucked royally, except for the Final Fight episode. My question is, if there was a new US SF series that didn't suck, who would you cast for voices?

They're outsourcing Elmo and putting Cookie Monster on a diet...WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?

Replies:

Gojira
1742th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):SF Anime what-if" , posted Fri 10 Jun 23:59post reply

The SFA Generations (formerly SFA2) OVA release was recently pushed back (again) to October 25. Seems like a little more than a small delay from the original June 28 announcement.

Sorry but the mention of SF anime just reminded me that it was supposed to be out this month. Um, carry on

Hulk Hogan as Ken Masters, dude!

shin ramberk
132th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):SF Anime what-if" , posted Sat 11 Jun 00:31post reply

quote:
The SFA Generations (formerly SFA2) OVA release was recently pushed back (again) to October 25. Seems like a little more than a small delay from the original June 28 announcement.

Sorry but the mention of SF anime just reminded me that it was supposed to be out this month. Um, carry on

Well at least its still going to come out. Supposedly anyway. Sheesh, so many delays. This anime was originally going to be released November of '04 or '03 I think. Damn.

Hopefully there is a preview of it at Comic-con this year.

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

Burning Ranger
1216th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):SF Anime what-if" , posted Sat 11 Jun 01:58post reply

quote:
My question is, if there was a new US SF series that didn't suck, who would you cast for voices?

The cast of Homestarrunner. Homsar as M.Bison and Gill. And special guest David Firth, voice of BurntFaceMan as Guile.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

I like Appleseed...

ZamIAm
1538th Post

"Re(2):SF Anime what-if" , posted Sat 11 Jun 12:03post reply

quote:

Heh. Weird as it seems, I actually think Cree Summer would voice a better R.Mika than Elena.

They're outsourcing Elmo and putting Cookie Monster on a diet...WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?

Dr Baghead
3466th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):SF Anime what-if" , posted Sat 11 Jun 14:47post reply

Well let's see, since you didn't say WHAT KIND of SF series this would be, I'll assume it's up to us... so this of course is for a HILLARIOUS Dan Hibiki series

Dan Hibiki: Alan Cumming (does Dan not seem like he'd be foppish, slightly arrogant, and oddly charming to you?)
Blanka: Keith David (he's good at giving humanity to giant beast, plus he just kicks ass)
Sakura: E.G. Daily (cuz Sakura is like Buttercup, only not as awesome)

Special guest:
Sagat: Patrick Stewart (he's bald with an imposing voice)
Vega: Calros Alazraqui (because Vega should sound like Wandismo, or Crocker, or Rickochet, or the Taco Bell Dog, or Rocko, or Officer Garcia)
Bison: Clancy Brown (because I assume Bison would say "AH HOY KIDS! Are you ready?! [EY EY CAPTAIN!] Oooooooh 'who lives in a pineapple under the sea....'" and also I'm sure just like Mr.Crabs he says "HELLO! I like money!" a lot)
Balrog: Bill Fagrebakke (he's good at being the dumb guy)
Cammy: Kylie Monogue (because the only role Cammy would have in this series would be to annoug me by singing that "Lalala, la la lalala, lalala la la lalala" song to get it stuck in my head again)
Charlie: Daran Norris (doing his Jorgen Von Strangle voice, because nothing is funny then over the top military men!)
Guile: Doesn't matter, just someone doing a really jumbled and hard to understand Stallone impression.("arrruuuhrrrdhhajjaYO CHARRRRLIEEEEEEarrrguyhhaayo!" and so on!)
Chun-Li: Ming Na (she seems to need the work)
Birdie: Tim Curry (very British!)
Ryu: Phil LaMar (Samurai Jack voice)
Ken: Jason Marsden (Ritchie from Static Shock/shitty new voice of Rikochet/white voice EVER in a cartoon)
Zangief: Dolf Lungren (he needs work too.)

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

ZamIAm
1539th Post

"Re(2):SF Anime what-if" , posted Sun 12 Jun 08:22post reply

quote:
Ken: Jason Marsden (Ritchie from Static Shock/shitty new voice of Rikochet/white voice EVER in a cartoon)

Funny, I pictured him as a better Alex

Spoon
1075th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):SF Anime what-if" , posted Sun 12 Jun 13:36post reply

quote:
Sagat: Patrick Stewart (he's bald with an imposing voice)

The only man suitable for this role is the one true Sagat: Bob Sagat.

Dr Baghead
3467th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):SF Anime what-if" , posted Sun 12 Jun 14:09post reply

quote:
The only man suitable for this role is the one true Sagat: Bob Sagat.

Saget, not Sagat... but I have to agree, I mean I can totally see Sagat yelling "HAVE YOU EVER HAD TO SUCK A C**K FOR SOME WEED?!?! Well the people in these videos probably wish that happened instead of a brick smashing into their's! Let's take a look!"

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Spoon
1076th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(4):SF Anime what-if" , posted Sun 12 Jun 14:41post reply

quote:

Saget, not Sagat...

Y'know, I've lived my whole life thinking that his last name was spelled "Sagat".

I feel so down now.