Samurai Western Question or Two - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2916 Views )

Ishmael
2051th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Samurai Western Question or Two" , posted Fri 10 Jun 01:43post reply

Yesterday I picked up a copy of Samurai Western. It's good to see a weird little niche title that takes one idea [cowboy hack 'em up] and run with it. I'm not sure it's a good game but it is goofy so I'm enjoying it for that.

My first question concerns the accessories. At first I was happy to find I could equip my samurai guy with a hat. More samurai should wear cowboy hats. Then I discovered the option to adjust the size and location of accessories. Now I have a giant, magical hat that flies around behind my samurai to keep him company. Was this in the Japanese version of the game? Is there some hidden purpose to this that I'm missing? I suspect this was done so you could shrink the items and have the stat changes of the accessories without having to wear them but it lends itself to some great abuse. I wonder if I can make my guy wear more than one hat at a time.

Second, the game box claims there are hidden characters. Does that mean model swaps like in the previous WotS games or are there more full playable characters than just the samurai and that cowboy?

Replies:

Spoon
1054th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Samurai Western Question or Two" , posted Fri 10 Jun 02:07post reply

quote:
Was this in the Japanese version of the game?

Yes, it was.

quote:

Is there some hidden purpose to this that I'm missing?

Hell if I know.

quote:

I suspect this was done so you could shrink the items and have the stat changes of the accessories without having to wear them but it lends itself to some great abuse. I wonder if I can make my guy wear more than one hat at a time.

You couldn't in the Japanese version; you can only equip one item of each type, regardless of position. There's also the weight limit.

quote:

Second, the game box claims there are hidden characters. Does that mean model swaps like in the previous WotS games or are there more full playable characters than just the samurai and that cowboy?

Dunno.

Ishmael
2054th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Samurai Western Question or Two" , posted Fri 10 Jun 23:35post reply

quote:

I suspect this was done so you could shrink the items and have the stat changes of the accessories without having to wear them but it lends itself to some great abuse. I wonder if I can make my guy wear more than one hat at a time.

You couldn't in the Japanese version; you can only equip one item of each type, regardless of position. There's also the weight limit.

Luckily I figured out I could move the hat he wears on his back up to his head so I can not only make him wear two hats but can have it perched on top of his hair when I have the afro equipped. I'm sure there are other aspects of the game I should be paying attention to instead of trying to make my character look as silly as possible but it's entertaining me for some reason.

Spoon
1066th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):Samurai Western Question or Two" , posted Sat 11 Jun 00:42post reply

quote:

Luckily I figured out I could move the hat he wears on his back up to his head so I can not only make him wear two hats but can have it perched on top of his hair when I have the afro equipped. I'm sure there are other aspects of the game I should be paying attention to instead of trying to make my character look as silly as possible but it's entertaining me for some reason.

Making him look silly/cool is probably one of the most important parts of the game.

And just what's the deal with afro samurais, anyway? Spike has had them in like every samurai game or something...

Mosquiton
1642th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):Samurai Western Question or Two" , posted Sat 11 Jun 01:42post reply

quote:

And just what's the deal with afro samurais, anyway? Spike has had them in like every samurai game or something...

It's the logical extension of the kung-fu afro.

/ / /