Sengoku Basara / Devil Kings Cast Complete - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3106 Views )

kurushimi
74th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"Sengoku Basara / Devil Kings Cast Complete" , posted Thu 9 Jun 05:04post reply

Although I don't think anyone here still pays attention to it, the remaining character slots for Sengoku Basara have been revealed:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sengoku/chara.html

Looks like they've covered all the archetypes - even the mecha-suit category, judging from the in-game shots of the newest characters.

I REEEEEEEEEALLY hope there's more mobility in this than the Musou series - even though you didn't need to use it, I hated how everyone had the same lame jump.

Replies:

Ishmael
2048th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Sengoku Basara / Devil Kings Cast Compl" , posted Thu 9 Jun 09:29post reply

I'm sure even Capcom would admit that the inspiration for this game is the Sangoku Musou series but it does look like they are trying to put their own spin on the game. If the characters play in a manner that's as varied as their designs this could be a very fun game. Who knows, maybe a little competition wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for Koei.

Spoon
1051th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Sengoku Basara / Devil Kings Cast Compl" , posted Thu 9 Jun 10:00post reply

quote:
I'm sure even Capcom would admit that the inspiration for this game is the Sangoku Musou series but it does look like they are trying to put their own spin on the game. If the characters play in a manner that's as varied as their designs this could be a very fun game. Who knows, maybe a little competition wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for Koei.

Just who has been buying all those Romance of the Three Kingdoms sequels, anyway?

It's gotta be somebody, or else they would've stopped sometime before X.

makatiel
162th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Sengoku Basara / Devil Kings Cast Compl" , posted Thu 9 Jun 13:50post reply

quote:
Just who has been buying all those Romance of the Three Kingdoms sequels, anyway?

i'll admit that i buy all the sangoku / sengoku musou games (but not the expansions). the character designs are just too good to pass up.

Ishmael
2050th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Sengoku Basara / Devil Kings Cast Compl" , posted Thu 9 Jun 22:12post reply

quote:

I'll never know what it is that drives people to play variations on the same game again and again. Say, has anyone heard anything new about KoFXI?