Ookami Vid - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3594 Views )

tenguman
198th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"Ookami Vid" , posted Tue 7 Jun 01:52post reply

w00t!

Just watched some of it, since it makes the PC I use at office freeze.

But the game is looking nice, indeed.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Replies:

Rid
6666th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Ookami Vid" , posted Tue 7 Jun 02:10post reply

I don't know if this will play well or not, but it looks and sounds excellent...

Iggy
6652th Post

"Re(1):Ookami Vid" , posted Tue 7 Jun 02:21post reply

Tsuchigumo kitaaaaaa !
Thank you Nintendô, your DS saved this game.

Speaking of N, I don't like the fact characters don't talk but grumble like in Ocarina of Time. And I'm afraid the tick will become annoying like a Navy fairy.

We want more little girls like in the first trailer !

VFJ VFX battle looks amusing. The DS title seems too early in development...

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Joe Randel
414th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Ookami Vid" , posted Tue 7 Jun 02:50post reply

quote:
Tsuchigumo kitaaaaaa !
Thank you Nintendô, your DS saved this game.

Wait... this is coming out on the DS? This is news to me...

"I can't take any more illicit drugs... I can't afford any artificial joy" - Pursuit of Happiness

Iggy
6653th Post

"Re(3):Ookami Vid" , posted Tue 7 Jun 03:23post reply

quote:
Wait... this is coming out on the DS? This is news to me...
No, no, I mean, they didn't have any idea for the game beside the great graphics, then they put some platform-action elements in it, and when it was about to become another Killer 7, they played some DS games (I see at least Made in Wario and Kirby) and put a lot of stylus ideas that happent o work well with the universe of the game.
See when the game pauses and the players draws something that affects the game, like making trees blossom, killing ennemies with a slash, etc ?

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Ishmael
2041th Post

"Re(4):Ookami Vid" , posted Tue 7 Jun 04:37post reply

The game continues to look beautiful and it looks as if there may finally be some ideas added to the game that are as original as the visuals. The brush coming in to change the enviornment is an original idea -even if it does remind me of that old Loony Tunes cartoon where Daffy Duck gets chased around by the artist's pen- but how is that going to be implemented?

Whoa, she hit someone with a piledriver; this game keeps looking better and better.

Mosquiton
1639th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):Ookami Vid" , posted Tue 7 Jun 06:13post reply

quote:
Wait... this is coming out on the DS? This is news to me...No, no, I mean, they didn't have any idea for the game beside the great graphics, then they put some platform-action elements in it, and when it was about to become another Killer 7, they played some DS games (I see at least Made in Wario and Kirby) and put a lot of stylus ideas that happent o work well with the universe of the game.
See when the game pauses and the players draws something that affects the game, like making trees blossom, killing ennemies with a slash, etc ?

This is really likely, actually. Capcom freely admitted at E3 that the brush mechanic was added fairly recently (before that, yeah! pretty graphics!) which is probably a big reason why the game was listed as only 30% complete.

/ / /

NARUTO
3082th Post

"Re(5):Ookami Vid" , posted Tue 7 Jun 17:30post reply

Is the Okami trailer is the one where you see the wolf using his tail as a brush, and it finished by a showdown agaisnt a giant spider lady?
Because if it's this one, I already downloaded it 2 weeks ago on gametrailer, so I don't want to take it twice.

We are all mad at some point....

Sensenic
1307th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Ookami Vid" , posted Wed 8 Jun 05:02post reply

quote:
(...) and when it was about to become another Killer 7,(...)

What happened with Killer 7, was it unplayable?
quote:

And I wonder, given that the gamecube doesn't have touch screen (it's coming for GC, ain't it?), how will the players do that?

I mean, I doubt that with a controller you'd be able to do such nice lines and circles anywhere on the screen. At least, as fast.

Plus, as I see it, it's the same game as it was going to be with just a DS-ish gimmick added. I don't think that'd make it much better, if the original was going to be bad. No?

Za Peepaa Yomiko chan! -Nyoooon-

My philosophy professor was a flan Myself

Iggy
6664th Post

"Re(5):Ookami Vid" , posted Wed 8 Jun 05:56post reply

quote:
What happened with Killer 7, was it unplayable?

...It's more complicated than that.
What I was refering to was just that Killer 7 started as a scenario by Suda and a weird graphic style, but the "game" part was implanted very late in the development. Some day, Mikami came and said "hey ! the guys have guns ! why not make them shoot with them ?" and suddenly, the game was all about shooting.

quote:
(it's coming for GC, ain't it?), how will the players do that?

No, for the PS2.
If I recall correctly, it's going to be done with with R3.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Mosquiton
1641th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Ookami Vid" , posted Wed 8 Jun 07:48post reply

quote:

Plus, as I see it, it's the same game as it was going to be with just a DS-ish gimmick added.

I don't think that'd make it much better, if the original was going to be bad. No?

If you design the entire game around it (getting around, puzzles, boss fights), it ceases to be a gimmick. It looks like they're doing that for Okami, so I find that very encouraging.

But remember that the game is in an early stage of development (less than a third complete as of E3). There's no way to say what the game was going to be, or even is going to be. Right now all really we can do is talk concept and potential, unless we have psychics or oracles with news from the future.

/ / /

exodus
2714th Post

"Re(2):Ookami Vid" , posted Wed 8 Jun 08:00post reply

quote:

Speaking of N, I don't like the fact characters don't talk but grumble like in Ocarina of Time. And I'm afraid the tick will become annoying like a Navy fairy.

I approve of that. I hate when people decide for me how characters will sound. try playing through final fantasy X in english. JUST TRY. It's horrible, horrible, horrible, like somebody scraping the inside of your skull with a spatula. I like to play games in english, but I don't want to have to hear it in english too.

exodus
2715th Post

"Re(6):Ookami Vid" , posted Wed 8 Jun 08:13post reply

quote:
Some day, Mikami came and said "hey ! the guys have guns ! why not make them shoot with them ?" and suddenly, the game was all about shooting.

haha! I doubt it...suda likely had the idea all along to use guns, as seen in the early shots. I bet mikami made them more emphasized though. It's definitely a strange game...

Rid
6669th Post

"Re(7):Ookami Vid" , posted Wed 8 Jun 11:28post reply

Hey! That one up there was my post #6666

Ammadeau
1374th Post

"Re(8):Ookami Vid" , posted Wed 8 Jun 11:44post reply

Okami was a cool game, but strip away the graphical style and it wasn't particularly engaging. Certainly not worth waiting in line as I had to to play it.

Killer 7... ugh. Someone would definitely have to pay me to review that one.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Iggy
6670th Post

"Re(8):Ookami Vid" , posted Wed 8 Jun 16:13post reply

quote:
Hey! That one up there was my post #6666

Two 6666 at nearly the same time ?
The forum is going to explode pretty soon.

Also, for Killer 7 : I remember an interview where the content was like : for the first 2 years, there was no shooting element in the game, and suddenly we felt like adding them to it, and now there's only shooting elements.

I have to find the thing back, it was pretty funny.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Nate
585th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(9):Ookami Vid" , posted Wed 8 Jun 16:42:post reply

quote:

Two 6666 at nearly the same time ?
The forum is going to explode pretty soon.

What food item will post #10,000 bring and who will earn it first?!

It'll be brutal!
Yes, we fear for our lives!
Oh, don't worry, everyone, it'll all be fine.
But sensei, what if there's no way to even properly display 10,000 posts?
...!!
WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT?!
PANICPANICPANICPANICPANIC!
We're all...doomed...

Oh, and um...Okami is...game.

Actually I did watch the video. I like the graphical style and the whole stylus thing seems neat. Plus you can't go wrong with weird gibberish instead of actual speech. I loved that...

...BUT WHAT DOES IT MATTER IF WE'RE DOOMED?!

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

[this message was edited by Nate on Wed 8 Jun 16:43]

Iggy
6675th Post

"Re(10):Ookami Vid" , posted Wed 8 Jun 16:52post reply

quote:
...BUT WHAT DOES IT MATTER IF WE'RE DOOMED?!
The only way to save us is to call back the little girl from the first Ôkami trailer, and have her dubb the entire game.

Then, the american version will be dubbed by Gwen Stephani, and everything will be all right.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Nate
585th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Re(10):Ookami Vid" , posted Wed 8 Jun 17:02post reply

quote:

Then, the american version will be dubbed by Gwen Stephani, and everything will be all right.

Wasn't she already attached to some game that was (thankfully) never released?

What, you've never dreamed of becoming so obsessed with Japan that you buy four Japanese girls to do nothing but follow you around, agree to be named ridiculous things and never ever ever speak in English?

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -

Bata-kun has. Tohoho.

End of Spoiler

Iggy
6677th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Ookami Vid" , posted Wed 8 Jun 17:39post reply

quote:

What ?
I want to know more about this.

quote:
What, you've never dreamed of becoming so obsessed with Japan that you buy four Japanese girls to do nothing but follow you around, agree to be named ridiculous things and never ever ever speak in English?

I didn't, but I dream to know personally a person crazy (and wealthy) enough to do such things.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Nate
586th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Re(10):Ookami Vid" , posted Wed 8 Jun 18:16post reply

quote:
What ?
I want to know more about this.

It was a game called Malice. SD heroine, huge mallet weapon. I think it was supposed to come out early in the X-Box's lifespan? She was providing the main character's voice.

quote:

I didn't, but I dream to know personally a person crazy (and wealthy) enough to do such things.

I just think it's funny that she pays those girls just to stand around and make her look cool because she's international and loves Harajuku girls. Unless she kidnapped them...

Time Mage
2156th Post

"Re(9):Ookami Vid" , posted Wed 8 Jun 18:43post reply

quote:
Okami was a cool game, but strip away the graphical style and it wasn't particularly engaging. Certainly not worth waiting in line as I had to to play it.

Well, if it has a decent enough gameplay, I think this is one of those must get games just because of its amazing aesthetics. I usually place gameplay over aesthetics, but Ookami's looks are just too good, in my opinion.

Ammadeau
1375th Post

"Re(10):Ookami Vid" , posted Wed 8 Jun 20:47post reply

quote:
Well, if it has a decent enough gameplay, I think this is one of those must get games just because of its amazing aesthetics. I usually place gameplay over aesthetics, but Ookami's looks are just too good, in my opinion.

It's decent enough at the stage it's currently at and it's still got some way to go, apparently. There wasn't anything particularly wrong with how it played, it just didn't grab me the way some others at the show did, like Capcom's own Onimusha 4.

And yeah the visual look is amazing. I probably spent much more time watching it than I did playing it. It just needs a little more gameplay meat to go along with the eye candy.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Rid
6681th Post

"Okami flash minigame" , posted Mon 13 Jun 19:53post reply

http://www.cloverstudio.co.jp/