Hokuto no Ken beta test - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4563 Views )

Iggy
6640th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Hokuto no Ken beta test" , posted Sun 5 Jun 05:46post reply

Mamiya, Sauzer and Heart-sama (?) are playable. There doesn't seem to remain any empty spot.
Since I don't know Ken at all, if someone want's to translate that...

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Replies:

Stifu
177th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Hokuto no Ken beta test" , posted Sun 5 Jun 05:54:post reply

Heh, I did bring up the fact they might put Mamiya or Yuria in just to have at least one female...
As for Heart, he's been in Hokuto no Ken 6 and 7 on SNES, so it's not that much of a surprise...

However, I thought Shu was a more likely candidate than those two... It seems weird to have all the Nanto guys except one, especially with that other gay Nanto guy included... Hmm, can't remember his name at the moment.
Edit: Oh yeah, "Yuda" is the name.

[this message was edited by Stifu on Sun 5 Jun 05:57]

Spoon
1039th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Hokuto no Ken beta test" , posted Sun 5 Jun 16:33post reply

quote:
Mamiya, Sauzer and Heart-sama (?) are playable. There doesn't seem to remain any empty spot.

You wouldn't like Heart.
He's an enormous fat guy, but he lacks any chest hair.

Stifu
177th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Hokuto no Ken beta test" , posted Sun 5 Jun 17:02post reply

Heart probably inspired Earthquake's design or something...

HAYATO
405th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Hokuto no Ken beta test" , posted Sun 5 Jun 20:47post reply

Any new pics out there?

Sano
1812th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Hokuto no Ken beta test" , posted Sun 5 Jun 22:51:post reply

I was thinking Mamiya would be in too for the female requirement, but Sauzer is a bit of a surprise. I was pulling for that Psychic one eyed soldier guy and that giant Devil guy myself, names escape me at the moment.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Sun 5 Jun 22:53]

Stifu
179th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Hokuto no Ken beta test" , posted Sun 5 Jun 23:38post reply

quote:
I was pulling for that Psychic one eyed soldier guy and that giant Devil guy myself, names escape me at the moment.

Psychic one eyed soldier ? You mean that army guy near the beginning ?
As for the giant Devil guy, sounds like Fudo... I was thinking they'd put either him or Heart. Seems like Heart is a popular and recognizable character of the series, despite the fact he doesn't last long...

Jyuuza could have been a cool character too...

HAYATO
406th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Hokuto no Ken beta test" , posted Mon 6 Jun 01:03post reply

Their names are "Colonel" and "Devil", according to the official Hokuto no Ken Databooks.

And Souther was a must-be, he's one of the coolest and deadliest characters in the whole series...

Spoon
1040th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(5):Hokuto no Ken beta test" , posted Mon 6 Jun 02:00post reply

quote:
I was thinking Mamiya would be in too for the female requirement, but Sauzer is a bit of a surprise. I was pulling for that Psychic one eyed soldier guy and that giant Devil guy myself, names escape me at the moment.

The psychic one eyed soldier has a nickname when he's operating elsewhere. It's "Rolento."
He also sometimes goes by the name "Heidern."

Heart is one of the most recognizable... if only because he embodies the stereotype of the huge fat guy that gets owned by the heroes.

If you put Devil in, all you'd see for a few screen would be his legs. Actually, it'd be pretty cool to play as a character that's several screens large... and doesn't get owned stupidly like Apocalypse.

Shingo The One
557th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Hokuto no Ken 2nd test report" , posted Mon 6 Jun 02:26post reply

quote:

Hey guys, for those who like me are fans of Hokuto no Ken, I can tell you that Neo-Arcadia.com has posted the report for the second loke test.So now that the testing of KOF XI is off for now, now this one is up.Here's the report link(bear in mind it's not in English):
www.neo-arcadia.com/News/voir_news.php?id_news=1

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Sano
1812th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Hokuto no Ken 2nd test report" , posted Mon 6 Jun 04:27post reply

Yes, Colonel and Devil. Not Fudo, he doesn't show up until much later. Colonel and Devil show up fairly early in the Manga and the Anime.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Kikkoken
883th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Hokuto no Ken 2nd test report" , posted Mon 6 Jun 05:29post reply

When I was younger, I was very attracted by Raô (Raoul en version française). I found him so manly. Does anybody know if he has chest hair?

Stifu
180th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Hokuto no Ken 2nd test report" , posted Mon 6 Jun 06:02post reply

quote:
When I was younger, I was very attracted by Raô (Raoul en version française). I found him so manly. Does anybody know if he has chest hair?

Hehe... Either you're a girl (unlikely), or you're gay (more likely)... That'd sure explain that close-up on Laurence's ass as your avatar.
Actually, I doubt you're either, you're probably one of those guys acting like they're gay just for fun...

Red Falcon
5467th Post

"Re(1):Hokuto no Ken beta test" , posted Mon 6 Jun 06:17post reply

Awesome, I'll definately be using Heart. Wonder if he has a super where he cuts himself accidentally and freaks out or something.

Also, I = hope Colonel is in it, too. He was the boss of Bloody Wolf, why can't he make a return to the series he's actually from?

Best site EVER:Link Here

Iggy
6648th Post

"Re(4):Hokuto no Ken 2nd test report" , posted Mon 6 Jun 06:20post reply

quote:
Hehe... Either you're a girl (unlikely), or you're gay (more likely)... That'd sure explain that close-up on Laurence's ass as your avatar.
Actually, I doubt you're either, you're probably one of those guys acting like they're gay just for fun...

This has to be the most unexpectedly funny post I've read in a long time.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

burning kyo
2319th Post

"Re(5):Hokuto no Ken 2nd test report" , posted Mon 6 Jun 06:27:post reply

quote:
Hehe ... Either you're a girl (unlikely), or you're gay (more likely)... That'd sure explain that close-up on Laurence's ass as your avatar.
This has to be the most unexpectedly funny post I've read in a long time.

LOL
Stifu is maybe the only guy who is not aware about Kikkoken's sexual preferences :D

[welcome to the devil's nest]

[this message was edited by burning kyo on Mon 6 Jun 06:29]

Baines
91th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Hokuto no Ken 2nd test report" , posted Mon 6 Jun 14:08post reply

quote:
Stifu is maybe the only guy who is not aware about Kikkoken's sexual preferences :D

I wouldn't have been able to say, but it isn't anything I particular look for in people anyway.

It wasn't until Iggy's game review on Insert Credit that I actually made any decision about his preference or seriousness. Not that it was a burning question or anything, just that the way the review was written gave an answer to a (for me, unasked,) question. And the only reason I really remembered was because...well...its Iggy. It's hard not to notice when it figures into such a high percentage of his posts.

HAYATO
407th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Hokuto no Ken 2nd test report" , posted Mon 6 Jun 16:53post reply

quote:

He doesn't, but his brother Kaioh has some Zangi-like scars you may find appealing...just check it out.

Kikkoken
885th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):Hokuto no Ken 2nd test report" , posted Mon 6 Jun 23:15:post reply

quote:

He doesn't, but his brother Kaioh has some Zangi-like scars you may find appealing...just check it out.

I'll give it a peep some day, thanks Hayato!
(I must confess I feel half embarrassed by Stifu's perplexity... this is funny though).

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
On a second thought, does it mean I ought to be more conspicuous about it?

End of Spoiler

[this message was edited by Kikkoken on Mon 6 Jun 23:19]

KTallguy
638th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):Hokuto no Ken 2nd test report" , posted Tue 7 Jun 00:11post reply

Why be conspicuous? Why should anyone care?

After all, this is the internet! We should be free to present whatever we want to on this board, or anywhere, as long as it doesn't get in anyone's way!

That's why I'm with Spoon when I say we have to drive these French people out of here ASAP! (笑) =)

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Iggy
6651th Post

"Re(6):Hokuto no Ken 2nd test report" , posted Tue 7 Jun 01:31post reply

Kikkoken, I think it's time we stop our prank.
Dear readers of the MMC, actually, Kikkoken and I have been happy spouse and husband for 23 years, and we have 4 kids. You may know our last one, he goes by the name Shingo123456789 on the information super highway. Oh, and don't worry about HaZzan, we send him to summer camp early this year because he stole mommy's purse.

Will you guess which one is the spouse and which one is the husband now ?

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Dash no Chris
320th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):Hokuto no Ken beta test" , posted Wed 8 Jun 03:18post reply

quote:
I was pulling for that Psychic one eyed soldier guy and that giant Devil guy myself, names escape me at the moment.
quote:
The psychic one eyed soldier has a nickname when he's operating elsewhere. It's "Rolento."

Lies and falsehoods -- Colonel operates under only one other name, and that name is "Bobby." : )

IIRC, the big guy's full name is Devil Rebirth (likely the source of the name of Vega's "Devil Reverse" technique in SSFII).

--Chris

KumagaiToshiro
102th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Hokuto no Ken beta test" , posted Wed 8 Jun 04:10post reply

quote:

Lies and falsehoods -- Colonel operates under only one other name, and that name is "Bobby." : )

IIRC, the big guy's full name is Devil Rebirth (likely the source of the name of Vega's "Devil Reverse" technique in SSFII).

--Chris

XD! The similarity is uncanny. How I never came up with that on my own, I'll never know (considering the Colonel was nifty for the 5 seconds he was in HnK).

"You know how many Asian people with glasses are here right now?"

Red Falcon
5469th Post

"Re(8):Hokuto no Ken beta test" , posted Wed 8 Jun 04:40post reply

Like I said, he's also the boss of Bloody Wolf (The Colonel, I mean). He even uses the boomerangs, leading to some amusing lines.

Best site EVER:Link Here