minor Ys thing to polly and anyone that cares - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2840 Views )

exodus
2703th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"minor Ys thing to polly and anyone that cares" , posted Wed 1 Jun 04:41post reply

wow, it was rough squeezing that title in.

OK, so basically, I want to know what you think of the music from the new ys trailer.
It seems surprisingly ok to me, like...good even. Do you agree? If they can keep the music like this, and actually make you feel like it's coming from the same game you're playing, and not some crazy rock band playing over a spectrum jump and run (I felt this with the Eternal PS2 ports), then it should go pretty well.

thoughts?

Replies:

Pollyanna
1137th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):minor Ys thing to polly and anyone that" , posted Wed 1 Jun 05:02post reply

Well, yeah...obviously the music ROCKS. I love that song, though the end isn't as exciting as the PC Engine version, which is still my favorite.

To me, the Ys Eternal PS2 ports had lame music. Or rather, lame arrangements of excellent music, so this isn't even in the same class. There's almost no point of comparison, though. You're talking about Ys I/II Eternal, right?

exodus
2704th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):minor Ys thing to polly and anyone that" , posted Wed 1 Jun 05:14post reply

quote:
You're talking about Ys I/II Eternal, right?

yes indeedy.

glad we're on the same page with the music. I hope it works out alright...

You know, I heard an interesting thing about Ys. I heard this through an interview with the producer of the PSP version, for konami. They're basically porting it because aside from the Suikoden team, nobody at Konami knows how to make an RPG (though he forgot about vandal hearts). So even if the game doesn't perform fantastically, it's still good for Konami, as they get to train up their staff simultaneously, for the purpose of making bigger moves in the RPG market in the future.

Interesting, eh??

Amakusa
613th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):minor Ys thing to polly and anyone that" , posted Sat 4 Jun 14:59post reply

quote:

thoughts?

I like it. Which is why I'm whining over being unable to come to grips with not having the pre-release CD that comes with the preorder.

As for the Ys Eternal music... well, geez, even if it isn't the best in the world, it's got the best version of Over Drive anywhere.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."