AW NET is no more ! (+ operator opinion) - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3490 Views )

Iggy
6599th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"AW NET is no more ! (+ operator opinion)" , posted Mon 30 May 01:09post reply

Source

It was revealed at the Sega Private Show yesterday, along with totally uninteresting games, that Nejibako would be the last game to use AW NET. KenSamu and KOF XI will be offline.
It also means the games won't have secret characters tedious to unlock anymore (like Nowave had).

Also, the operators aren't found of KenSamu. SS0 and Supi had less than stellar incomes, and august will be also the month of Capcom/Banpresto's new Gundam Seed. Also, since Nejibako will be released by the end of july and both Imoya games draw the same kind of (restricted) audience, Kensamu is likely to explode before being released.
Also, the control problems of Nejibako seem to have been fixed. The operator think it will be above SvC, at the level of Nowave.

Sammy releasing 5 2D fighters in 5 month should know better, but then, they're Sammy.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Replies:

Stifu
170th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):AW NET is no more ! (+ operator opinion" , posted Mon 30 May 01:24post reply

quote:
Kensamu is likely to explode before being released.

What do you mean by that ? That it would get canned ?

Pollyanna
1133th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):AW NET is no more ! (+ operator opinion" , posted Mon 30 May 06:33post reply

quote:
The operator think it will be above SvC, at the level of Nowave.

Wow. I don't know if I'm surprised that people hated SvC so much or liked Neowave so much.

Spoon
1019th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):AW NET is no more ! (+ operator opinion" , posted Mon 30 May 07:22post reply

quote:
The operator think it will be above SvC, at the level of Nowave.

Wow. I don't know if I'm surprised that people hated SvC so much or liked Neowave so much.

I'm guessing that the experience is roundly mediocre.

KTallguy
632th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):AW NET is no more ! (+ operator opinion" , posted Mon 30 May 08:07post reply

I still see SVC quite often at arcades....

And Neowave is everywhere!

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Spoon
1021th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(4):AW NET is no more ! (+ operator opinion" , posted Mon 30 May 10:26post reply

quote:
I still see SVC quite often at arcades....

And Neowave is everywhere!

NeoWave is around, but the people that actually play KOF all play 2k2 or
2005 SPECIAL EDITION!
(hong kong bootleg, if ya don't know).

It might be that at my local arcade, Neowave is going for like a dollar a play, while 2005 SPECIAL EDITION! is just 25 cents for two credits if you put money in the p1 slot. I'm serious about this, as looney as it sounds.

Canadian dollars are called "loonies", btw.

Iggy
6603th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):AW NET is no more ! (+ operator opinion" , posted Mon 30 May 15:26post reply

quote:
What do you mean by that ? That it would get canned ?
That's it's going to be a commercial failure.
quote:
Well, he's talking income-wise. And of course, Nowave was a success, BECAUSE of the theft that was AW NET.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!