"Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Fri 27 May 20:39post reply

http://namco-ch.net/ps2_soulcalibur3/character/index.php

http://www.gpara.com/comingsoon/soulcalibur3/0527/index.htm

Replies:

Radish
2873th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Fri 27 May 20:45post reply

quote:
http://namco-ch.net/ps2_soulcalibur3/character/index.php

http://www.gpara.com/comingsoon/soulcalibur3/0527/index.htm

So wait, did Siegfried free himself of the Soul Edge or is this just an alternate costume for Nightmare?

Rid
6647th Post

"Re(2):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Fri 27 May 20:59post reply

quote:
So wait, did Siegfried free himself of the Soul Edge or is this just an alternate costume for Nightmare?
Looks like he's free.

Daala
1010th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Fri 27 May 21:34post reply

after watching the demos from E3, I think Berserker looked really cool. I hope they post some screens of him.

Ishmael
2029th Post

"Re(2):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Fri 27 May 23:49post reply

I wonder if Nightmare and Siegfried will have greater variation in their moves list in this game or if their differences just be stat variations and one or two signature moves?

Maou
644th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Sat 28 May 01:42post reply

Yay, finally a non-Nightmare Siegfried again! Negligable differences aside, I just liked being able to play with his old Requiem blade.

Storywise, it says that after a long time of hunting souls, he broke Soul Edge's curse on himself after a battle with a certain man (Raphael) in Ostreinsburg (sp?) Castle, and used Soul Calibur to seal Soul Edge (hence his SCII ending). He's wracked by guilt and pursued by those wanting revenge on Nightmare, though. Ohh, how cool, the new Nightmare isn't Siegfried (finally), but was something that Zasalamel guy weaved together out of spirits and Soul Edge.

I'm excited about the breaking floors and walls (always thought it would've been cool if sharp blades like Voldo's weapons had shredded the carpets in SCII's library level, stuff like that). I'm equally excited about the angry toothed mouths on Nightmare.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Gojira
1734th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Sat 28 May 02:39post reply

Why is Setsuka eating her hair?

kurushimi
69th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Sat 28 May 02:59post reply

quote:

Because it's S-E-D-U-C-T-I-V-E

And multi-tiered stages would be nice too.

VManOfMana
604th Post

"Re(6):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Sun 29 May 06:33post reply

quote:

Because it's S-E-D-U-C-T-I-V-E

Didn't GPara use to have clean images of the character art? The ones in the article have the vital info getting in the middle.

Or those anyone know if GameWatch has a similar article? Their images have the GW logo, but its less obtrusive than the vital info.

Jabel D. Morales - VMan of Mana.
http://vman.animecafe.net/

"Tameraeba makeyo!"

Fuchikoma
1331th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(7):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Sun 29 May 06:41post reply

quote:

Didn't GPara use to have clean images of the character art? The ones in the article have the vital info getting in the middle.

Or those anyone know if GameWatch has a similar article? Their images have the GW logo, but its less obtrusive than the vital info.

Hai dozo

Maou
647th Post

"Re(6):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Sun 29 May 07:48post reply

quote:

Kurushimi, while I like the new improved space of the III stages over II's more enclosed ones, I'm not sure I'd want multi-leveled ones or not, gameplay-wise. Maybe it's just from bad memories associated with the inane multi-levels of DOA2 which briefly distracted me from a very mediocre fighter, but maybe not.

Meanwhile, Siegfried ought to have a 2P outfit where he fights with the classy cloak he has in his chara design art. I've really enjoyed seeing this artist in Namco's newer fighters (Tekken 4, 5, and SC II)...bright, pretty designs...and he was born to draw Taki, that's for sure, haw.

kurushimi
71th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Sun 29 May 10:08post reply

quote:

Kurushimi, while I like the new improved space of the III stages over II's more enclosed ones, I'm not sure I'd want multi-leveled ones or not, gameplay-wise. Maybe it's just from bad memories associated with the inane multi-levels of DOA2 which briefly distracted me from a very mediocre fighter, but maybe not.

True, but seeing as how the levels are already looking more lively and great, to me it just makes it that much more painful when I realize I can't do much other than look at them. Then again, by incorporating more interaction with the backgrounds, you're crossing into the Powerstone or Tobal style of gameplay. Seeing as how the 8 way running is already so smooth, that might not be such a bad idea.

Perhaps varying heights would work out better, since weapon length could then be factored in for strategy. It'd be a riot to have a level with a small ceiling, and have Voldo scurrying upside down to poke you.

quote:

Meanwhile, Siegfried ought to have a 2P outfit where he fights with the classy cloak he has in his chara design art. I've really enjoyed seeing this artist in Namco's newer fighters (Tekken 4, 5, and SC II)...bright, pretty designs...and he was born to draw Taki, that's for sure, haw.

The Soul still burns, the spandex still stretches...I agree though, he does some good stuff. He doesn't seem to have a website though...

I know I've ranted about this before, but am I the only one that has an issue with Setsuka's character design? I swear it's gotta be the shoes, I just can't accept that she can fight with them. (Watch it be that she becomes my favorite character to use)

Maou
648th Post

"Re(8):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Sun 29 May 16:41post reply

quote:
crossing into the Powerstone ...of gameplay.

Another VERY good reason not to have multi-layers! Tobal 2 didn't have multi-layers, though, right? That series was also the first full-3D 3D fighter I remember, far before Soul Calibur, a shame no one played it (chara designs were lame/hilarious, which may have not helped).

Setsuka in geta shoes? No big deal, remember Ivy's heals? She seems to get on fine enough, luckily.

trogdor
28th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Sun 29 May 16:44post reply

quote:

she's flossing

Ishmael
2031th Post

"Re(8):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Mon 30 May 04:41post reply

quote:

True, but seeing as how the levels are already looking more lively and great, to me it just makes it that much more painful when I realize I can't do much other than look at them. Then again, by incorporating more interaction with the backgrounds, you're crossing into the Powerstone or Tobal style of gameplay. Seeing as how the 8 way running is already so smooth, that might not be such a bad idea.

Perhaps varying heights would work out better, since weapon length could then be factored in for strategy. It'd be a riot to have a level with a small ceiling, and have Voldo scurrying upside down to poke you.

Considering it's a console-only release I don't see why they shouldn't have a bit of fun with the fighting arenas and have a few multi-tiered ones. There's already a great deal of variation between the stages with their size and location of walls or bottomless pits so having the option of being able to boot someone from one floor to another wouldn't be that big of change to the series. But as for varying heights, I suspect Namco is still nursing a few wounds from Tekken 4 over that one so it may be awhile before slopes and bumps so up again in another one of their fighters.

quote:
I know I've ranted about this before, but am I the only one that has an issue with Setsuka's character design? I swear it's gotta be the shoes, I just can't accept that she can fight with them. (Watch it be that she becomes my favorite character to use)

She's practically exploding out of that kimono and you're worried about her shoes?

Maou
653th Post

"Re(9):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Mon 30 May 06:24post reply

quote:

She's practically exploding out of that kimono and you're worried about her shoes?

Hahaha. Actually, I'm very comfortable about both of these things.

And whoops, she's not wearing tengu geta shoes like I thought, they're just super heels like modern-day yamamba girls! She will never have her toes in the mud now.

Baines
88th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(8):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Mon 30 May 12:45post reply

quote:
Then again, by incorporating more interaction with the backgrounds, you're crossing into the Powerstone or Tobal style of gameplay.

Neither Tobal game had interaction with backgrounds outside of very basic walls and ceilings (and traps in the case of No 1) in quest mode. You might be thinking of Ehrgeiz, which is only partially based on the Tobal style of gameplay.

Ehrgeiz didn't do the greatest job of stage interaction, either. (Height differences were in giant blocks, the couple of breakable boxes on stages were truly gimmicky, and the free movement came at the cost of the finer control and options of Tobal.)

Maou
654th Post

"Re(9):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Mon 30 May 12:52post reply

Yeah, the distinct lack of awesome present in any fighters with multi-layers (DOA, Powerstone, Ergheiz, Tekken 4) makes me wary in any case...

THe DRooGo
225th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(10):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Mon 30 May 17:16post reply

Voldo is on it.
everything is fine.

Some people never go crazy
what truly horrible life they must lead
Charles Bukowski.

VManOfMana
606th Post

"Re(8):Siegfried, Nightmare, Kilik and Talim" , posted Tue 31 May 01:54post reply

quote:

Hai dozo

Thanks a lot =)

Jabel D. Morales - VMan of Mana.
http://vman.animecafe.net/

"Tameraeba makeyo!"