Tecmo settles with game mod admins, but... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3260 Views )

OmegaDog
1528th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Tecmo settles with game mod admins, but..." , posted Wed 25 May 14:29post reply

... everything's pure speculation at this point, given that the admins of the XBox game mod message board are required not to disclose any details of the settlement -- but it might be that the settlement made with the admins won't work out as well for the contributors.

Wired News : Tecmo Spikes Nude Volleyball Suit

I'm curious, though -- were these just patches that were distributed, or were these the entire character files with just a bit of content changed here and there?

SO... IT'S FLITZ TIME EVERYBODY! | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 21

Replies:

Abster
43th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Tecmo settles with game mod admins, but" , posted Wed 25 May 15:30post reply

quote:
... everything's pure speculation at this point, given that the admins of the XBox game mod message board are required not to disclose any details of the settlement -- but it might be that the settlement made with the admins won't work out as well for the contributors.

Wired News : Tecmo Spikes Nude Volleyball Suit

I'm curious, though -- were these just patches that were distributed, or were these the entire character files with just a bit of content changed here and there?

I believe they were merely patches for the game's skins. Good news for Xbox mod artists at least.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/Abster316/dedication3.gif [Image Attached]

There's no substitution to dedication

Undead Fred
2384th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Tecmo settles with game mod admins, but" , posted Wed 25 May 17:35post reply

quote:
I believe they were merely patches for the game's skins. Good news for Xbox mod artists at least.

Because if someone can take off Kasumi's swimsuit for their own personal use, then the terrorists have truly won.

Radish
2869th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Tecmo settles with game mod admins, but" , posted Fri 27 May 03:01post reply

quote:
Because if someone can take off Kasumi's swimsuit for their own personal use, then the terrorists have truly won.

On a related note, where did you get your avatar from specifically?

-#1 Undead Fred Avatar Fan

Fuchikoma
1325th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Tecmo settles with game mod admins, but" , posted Fri 27 May 03:27post reply

I've been reading the responses from former Ninjahacker forum members... and they don't seem too worried over Tecmo coming after them. Most of them have moved on to Soul Calibur 2 skinning now... and there's quite a few really good skins out there... they even figured out how to replace weapons. There's a custom Killik that's made out to look like Dante, complete with his sword too.

Siegfried
429th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Tecmo settles with game mod admins, but" , posted Fri 27 May 11:32post reply

quote:
I've been reading the responses from former Ninjahacker forum members... and they don't seem too worried over Tecmo coming after them. Most of them have moved on to Soul Calibur 2 skinning now... and there's quite a few really good skins out there... they even figured out how to replace weapons. There's a custom Killik that's made out to look like Dante, complete with his sword too.

I just remembered that my Xbox is chipped now. Where do I go for fun DoA3, DoAXBV and SC2 utilities?

----------------
Webmaster of Fighter Mania
kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/