Beast in X-Men 3, casting confirmed - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2885 Views )

GekigangerV
1097th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Beast in X-Men 3, casting confirmed" , posted Thu 19 May 06:32post reply

http://superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3023

Kelsey Grammer is playing him. It mentions in the article that it is indeed male Angel instead of female Angel.

Replies:

Dr Baghead
3448th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Beast in X-Men 3, casting confirmed" , posted Thu 19 May 07:03post reply

quote:
Kelsey Grammer is playing him.

GENIUS!

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Gojira
1715th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Beast in X-Men 3, casting confirmed" , posted Thu 19 May 08:45post reply

quote:

GENIUS!

Voice-wise it's a good fit, but something about Kelsey Grammar kicking ass in a blue fur muscle suit just doesn't sit right with me. Maybe I'm just still skeptical without Bryan Singer helming it though. I still need to see this ONE movie that the new director supposedly did so well before I can put some faith in him.

Off with your nose

Burning Ranger
1203th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Beast in X-Men 3, casting confirmed" , posted Thu 19 May 13:38post reply

quote:

GENIUS!

Voice-wise it's a good fit, but something about Kelsey Grammar kicking ass in a blue fur muscle suit just doesn't sit right with me. Maybe I'm just still skeptical without Bryan Singer helming it though. I still need to see this ONE movie that the new director supposedly did so well before I can put some faith in him.

Plus Hank McCoy was introduced in Xmen2, and it was not Kelsey Grammer... a good fit voice-wise, but unless Beast is a CGI character, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Now Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut... that is INTERESTING, especially since Jones is a bonafide BADASS.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Hungrywolf
3036th Post

"Re(4):Beast in X-Men 3, casting confirmed" , posted Thu 19 May 14:28post reply

quote:

Plus Hank McCoy was introduced in Xmen2, and it was not Kelsey Grammer... a good fit voice-wise, but unless Beast is a CGI character, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Yeah, and the first X-men had a different Pyro than the second, and both the first and second X-men had different Kitty's, and in X3 they'll have another new actress for Kitty. So it doesn't really matter if it makes since. Besides, Avi Arad said he'd be blue Beast. I wish they'd thought things out better so the actors wouldn't have had to change. I mean, showing Hank McCoy in X2 was neat to those who know who that is, but it was unnecessary, especially since that actor probably wouldn't reprise the role. I don't know why the actor for Pyro changed, or Kitty, since her part in X2 was not more than in the first, though apparantly her role in X3 will be bigger.

Hungry Like the Wolf

DarkZero
1229th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):Beast in X-Men 3, casting confirmed" , posted Thu 19 May 16:31post reply

quote:

I wish they'd thought things out better so the actors wouldn't have had to change.

I think the intent, which you can see in the last couple of lines in the article, was to make the best movie possible and not really think about the future. I like the fact that they seem to have kept in mind the fact that the series could stop at any time, rather than thinking that they'll reserve this hero for X-Men 4 or this villain for X-Men 5. They know that fanservice is a big part of comic book movies and they're willing to stretch the credibility just a little bit to fit it in there and make each movie a little better.

And honestly, if those little bits of fanservice weren't constantly shoehorned into X-Men 1 and 2, I don't think I would've liked them as much.

ZamIAm
1528th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(6):Beast in X-Men 3, casting confirmed" , posted Fri 20 May 11:41post reply

quote:

I wish they'd thought things out better so the actors wouldn't have had to change.

I think the intent, which you can see in the last couple of lines in the article, was to make the best movie possible and not really think about the future. I like the fact that they seem to have kept in mind the fact that the series could stop at any time, rather than thinking that they'll reserve this hero for X-Men 4 or this villain for X-Men 5. They know that fanservice is a big part of comic book movies and they're willing to stretch the credibility just a little bit to fit it in there and make each movie a little better.

And honestly, if those little bits of fanservice weren't constantly shoehorned into X-Men 1 and 2, I don't think I would've liked them as much.

That said, has Jubilee--someone who's appearances are bascially glorified cameos--been the same actress so far?

They're outsourcing Elmo and putting Cookie Monster on a diet...WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?

Dr Baghead
3450th Post

"Re(5):Beast in X-Men 3, casting confirmed" , posted Fri 20 May 12:03post reply

quote:
I mean, showing Hank McCoy in X2 was neat to those who know who that is, but it was unnecessary, especially since that actor probably wouldn't reprise the role. I don't know why the actor for Pyro changed, or Kitty, since her part in X2 was not more than in the first, though apparantly her role in X3 will be bigger.

They changed because:
-they were just cameos at the time they had no intention to flesh out into bigger roles
-the actor who had the cameo had something else to do and since they were never an established character to begin with they aren't gonna push back production of their big summer blockbuster so Kenny MacGolarian can finish film his part as "Gay Best Friend" in "Bland Romantic Comedy #457" so he can repraise his role as Sunspot, who he didn't even want to play but he knew the writer and was in town that day since it was a non-speaking cameo thought it might be fun.
-...or in the case of someone like Kitty #1 and Kitty #2 maybe they got real work and decided to take it rather then have a walk-on (or should say walk-THROUGH) bit part again.
-the person playing the character in the cameo might not be able to play the character in the way they want. As is more then likely the case with Kelsey becoming Beast, that other guy probably didn't sound as smart... I'd also wager this is why Two-Face "became" white in Batman Forever.
-the person playing the character in the cameo is a no-name extra playing a bit role, they'd rather have a C-to-A list actor play them when they become a real character.

These seems like a really stupid thing to complain about, bit-actors not consistantly playing bit-characters... but stuff like Batman being played by 3 different fellas is okay.

In fact I can justify the changing actors in comicbook terms:
When a new artist takes over a book characters get slight (or major depending on the calibur of the artist/importance of the storyline) redesigns... pretend Beast going from "random guy" to Kelsey Grammer is the new 'artist' deciding to base his design on Fraiser!

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Hungrywolf
3037th Post

"Re(6):Beast in X-Men 3, casting confirmed" , posted Fri 20 May 14:07post reply

quote:
I mean, showing Hank McCoy in X2 was neat to those who know who that is, but it was unnecessary, especially since that actor probably wouldn't reprise the role. I don't know why the actor for Pyro changed, or Kitty, since her part in X2 was not more than in the first, though apparantly her role in X3 will be bigger.

They changed because:
-they were just cameos at the time they had no intention to flesh out into bigger roles
-the actor who had the cameo had something else to do and since they were never an established character to begin with they aren't gonna push back production of their big summer blockbuster so Kenny MacGolarian can finish film his part as "Gay Best Friend" in "Bland Romantic Comedy #457" so he can repraise his role as Sunspot, who he didn't even want to play but he knew the writer and was in town that day since it was a non-speaking cameo thought it might be fun.
-...or in the case of someone like Kitty #1 and Kitty #2 maybe they got real work and decided to take it rather then have a walk-on (or should say walk-THROUGH) bit part again.
-the person playing the character in the cameo might not be able to play the character in the way they want. As is more then likely the case with Kelsey becoming Beast, that other guy probably didn't sound as smart... I'd also wager this is why Two-Face "became" white in Batman Forever.
-the person playing the character in the cameo is a no-name extra playing a bit role, they'd rather have a C-to-A list actor play them when they become a real character.

These seems like a really stupid thing to complain about, bit-actors not consistantly playing bit-characters... but stuff like Batman being played by 3 different fellas is okay.

In fact I can justify the changing actors in comicbook terms:
When a new artist takes over a book characters get slight (or major depending on the calibur of the artist/importance of the storyline) redesigns... pretend Beast going from "random guy" to Kelsey Grammer is the new 'artist' deciding to base his design on Fraiser!

I'm not complaining about it, really. It doesn't really matter as most people won't see the difference since the earlier appearances were just cameos and stuff. I was just responding how Beast isn't the only character that's had two actors play him and the Kitty thing didn't bother me really, and I think they guy who played Pyro in X2 was better. I have much better complaints about the X-men movies, though I do like them. Maybe it's just cause that's always been my favorite comic team so I'm a little picky about things sometimes.

Hungry Like the Wolf