腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Mokona
263th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Copper Customer

"Re(2):beatmania to US PS2" , posted Wed 18 May 23:52post reply

please please please bring Drummania next!

PLEASE!

Blah!

Mav
75th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):beatmania to US PS2" , posted Thu 19 May 04:39post reply

quote:

PLEASE!

Have you PLAYED the home version Drummania? Home Guitar Freaks was sad enough. I was embarassed to be around that "Drum set" and tiny sticks. You can't even cross your hands over to play the high-hat right.

Any clues on a songlist for this Beatmania? Is it going to be super-easy like non-IIDX Beatmania Europe edition?

Mokona
264th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):beatmania to US PS2" , posted Thu 19 May 05:09post reply

quote:

Have you PLAYED the home version Drummania? Home Guitar Freaks was sad enough. I was embarassed to be around that "Drum set" and tiny sticks. You can't even cross your hands over to play the high-hat right.

Sad, it is truly one of the most entertaining arcade games I've played... and I don't even play the drums!

Blah!

Mav
77th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):beatmania to US PS2" , posted Fri 20 May 04:32post reply

quote:

Sad, it is truly one of the most entertaining arcade games I've played... and I don't even play the drums!

I used to drum, so I enjoy the expert stuff. It's really the only Bemani game which can teach you a skill, unless you're hardcore enough about DDR to start freestyling. Keyboardmania's learning curve spikes too high to properly learn piano techniques, if you wanted to try doubles mode for the real thing.
When I started importing, I was really looking forward to Drummania and Guitar Freaks at home, but they barely made any editions for the PS2 since the controllers were so lackluster. Guitar Freaks becomes Ukulele Freaks and Drumania becomes some kind of cheap Fisher Price kid's toy.

sabo10
1155th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(6):beatmania to US PS2" , posted Fri 20 May 15:26post reply

Don't forget to say "I love you."

<3 <3 <3

Click
598th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):beatmania to US PS2" , posted Sat 21 May 06:10post reply

quote:

Amazingly, my local arcade just got 9th in [with 10th on the way.]

Too good. But too expensive at $1 a shot... Grrr.

Love it. Would love to have a proper home version.

Radish
2859th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):beatmania to US PS2" , posted Sat 21 May 23:30post reply

quote:

PLEASE!

Any clues on a songlist for this Beatmania? Is it going to be super-easy like non-IIDX Beatmania Europe edition?

Seriously the home drum kit is absolutely terrible. My friend bought it and the floor pedal is just a piece of foam that slides all over the place.

I'm hoping that this leads to them someday releasing a Popn' Music arcade controller over here. My homemade one is ok, but the $1.50 buttons hurt my hands after extended use. Plus my goddamn soldering joints sometimes come unstuck when I move it around and an iron isn't always handy.