Game Cube Advance?? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (5007 Views )

Yobyvan
11th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"Game Cube Advance??" , posted Wed 18 May 04:12post reply

GCA

It would be nice if this is going to be Nintendo's new portable gaming console.

12 max mentol 11 stork candy 10 chupa chups 9 tortillas chippy 8 pancit canton 7 Magi noodles6 hamonado... 5 long credit list..... 4 pandesal 3 Chocobot 2 Nano-Nano and a Sofdrinks in a plastic!" WIDTH=256 HEIGHT=96>

Replies:

Freeter
4294th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Game Boy Retreat" , posted Wed 18 May 07:38post reply

They will never make a portable version of their consoles, because Game Boy will throw a tantrum.

Okay GB, we love you as much as the DS, see? Please stop crying now...

Yobyvan
12th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Game Boy Retreat" , posted Wed 18 May 11:15post reply

quote:
They will never make a portable version of their consoles, because Game Boy will throw a tantrum.

I've seen that new gameboy in TV. It's like the size of a cellphone. I guess Nintendo's trying to make Gameboy last a bit longer.

12 max mentol 11 stork candy 10 chupa chups 9 tortillas chippy 8 pancit canton 7 Magi noodles6 hamonado... 5 long credit list..... 4 pandesal 3 Chocobot 2 Nano-Nano and a Sofdrinks in a plastic!" WIDTH=256 HEIGHT=96>

Spoon
977th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Game Boy Retreat" , posted Wed 18 May 11:27post reply

quote:

I've seen that new gameboy in TV. It's like the size of a cellphone. I guess Nintendo's trying to make Gameboy last a bit longer.

<Game Boy Pocket's heeeeeeeere

Baines
81th Post

Occasional Customer

"Game Boy Micro may be more expensive than SP?" , posted Sat 28 May 17:10post reply

GameIndustry.biz has an interview with the head of Nintendo of Europe's marketing. In it, the price for the Game Boy Micro is addressed.

Full article: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9213

"Q) You describe the Micro as a no-brainer; does that imply that you'll be positioning it at an impulse buy price point?

A) We don't have a price point for it yet. But yeah... I think that it's a very premium design, very sleek design. I'd like to see the price between SP and DS, but exactly where, I don't know. We're still kind of negotiating what we can do with it.

One of the reasons for that is that because we surprised people with it at this show, we have not had the opportunity to do any consumer research - so I'm looking very much to get feedback from retailers and consumers, and from your readers, to find out where this product should be.
"

DarkZero
1243th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Game Boy Micro may be more expensive th" , posted Sat 28 May 20:44post reply

quote:
GameIndustry.biz has an interview with the head of Nintendo of Europe's marketing. In it, the price for the Game Boy Micro is addressed.

Does anyone else get the feeling that his real response should be, "I'm the head of Nintendo of EUROPE, not JAPAN. I tread water until they announce a price point and I convert it into Euros."

Nintendo's American and European divisions always seem a lot more outspoken that Sony's or Microsoft's respective divisions, but I always get the feeling that they're just pretending to matter. The guys from Nintendo of America always talk like they're running the company, but then they come to E3 and tell us that Nintendogs will be as big a hit (no, BIGGER!!!) in America as it in Japan, a country where far fewer people actually own their own dogs.

As for the GBM specifically, I always imagined it as a $50 impulse buy item. Something to buy for little kids that can actually be replaced in a timely matter when they annihilate it on the schoolyard. I can't imagine anyone paying more than $100 for a new Gameboy that's smaller, more difficult to hold, and doesn't have the nifty clamshell protecting its scratch-tacular screen.

Dr Baghead
3456th Post

"Re(2):Game Boy Micro may be more expensive th" , posted Sun 29 May 03:36post reply

quote:
As for the GBM specifically, I always imagined it as a $50 impulse buy item. Something to buy for little kids that can actually be replaced in a timely matter when they annihilate it on the schoolyard. I can't imagine anyone paying more than $100 for a new Gameboy that's smaller, more difficult to hold, and doesn't have the nifty clamshell protecting its scratch-tacular screen.

You'd think a $50 impulse buy would be the way to go, especially with games at $24 or less, because I'm sure people would see "Hey this is $50, I could buy this and SIX games for the price of one PSP!!" and it would sell like mad... but this is a company who expected people to spend $20 for Mario Bros. and Metroid even though both could be obtained FOR FREE in other games.

They're probably gonna try and sell at $120 to people who just GOT to have the lastest useless technology because it's the future and so sleek, I mean, people bought f'ing Segways... SEGWAYS... I don't think Nintendo won't find a market for an over priced GBA SP that's not as nice if they sell it as "high-tech", "sexy", "cutting edge", and "you can totally be an elitist gamer since you can play Mario 1 and Link on this thing, so you can totally show it people at parties and be all 'Halo's garbage... I'm old skool, check it! I got Link, Mario, and Contra!' and the women will be all over you for it!! Since playing old out dated games makes you better then people with PS2's! You're retro, keepin' it real, and they're posers!!"

I saw this guy on the commuter train once, he had an iPod clasped on his belt, he talking on one of those high end cel-phone via his hands free unit, and had an MFin' Segway I'm sure he'd be all about $150 GBASPM's that make someone look cool/a good target to mug.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Falikors
125th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Game Boy Micro may be more expensive th" , posted Sun 29 May 04:56post reply

That does look sexy

メガ秘密攻撃#48:
牛インストールする!

Baines
83th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Game Boy Micro may be more expensive th" , posted Sun 29 May 05:03post reply

quote:
They're probably gonna try and sell at $120 to people who just GOT to have the lastest useless technology because it's the future and so sleek

Pricing it less than the SP would make it look "inferior" to the SP. I don't know if I can see Nintendo doing that.

Though personally, I'd have liked to see them drop the GBA (actually supporting the DS as the next handheld or coming out with a new one) and build the Micro into the Revolution controller at an affordable price. (The kind of impulse buy price point that consumers actually want to see the Micro at anyway.)

The final price of the Micro will say something about the current mindset of Nintendo though.

EddyT
488th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Game Boy Micro may be more expensive th" , posted Sun 29 May 09:01post reply

quote:

Pricing it less than the SP would make it look "inferior" to the SP. I don't know if I can see Nintendo doing that.

It is inferior. The screen is much smaller, and the ability to play it would probably be a major hinderance. It won't play older Game Boy games, either. I don't see any reason why this would be more expensive than a SP.

Radish
2874th Post

"Re(3):Game Boy Micro may be more expensive th" , posted Sun 29 May 09:12post reply

quote:
I saw this guy on the commuter train once, he had an iPod clasped on his belt, he talking on one of those high end cel-phone via his hands free unit, and had an MFin' Segway I'm sure he'd be all about $150 GBASPM's that make someone look cool/a good target to mug.

He'd better be careful since if he buys one more overpriced gadget, his nerd trendiness will implode in on itself.