Casshern and Cutey Honey - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3232 Views )

Hungrywolf
3031th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Casshern and Cutey Honey" , posted Tue 17 May 13:49post reply

Has anyone else here seen this? I was happy when I first saw the trailer when it appeared on the internet. I recently purchased the movie on ebay, and received the DVD today. I just finished watching it.

I enjoyed the movie, for the most part. I've seen the Casshan OVA series before, and I expected things to be very different, which they were.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
I wish there'd been more fights with Casshern against the robots, and I was disappointed in the ending. I really wanted the ending to be a big fight between Casshern and the leader of the neo-sapiens. The other thing that disappointed me was that they made Casshan's helmet and he never wore it. EVER. But they showed it twice, and it irritated me that I never saw him in it. Of course, it also irritated me that everone died in the end.

End of Spoiler

However, I'm happy that I bought it and saw it. I thought it was well done, I just wish some things had been different. But it was a well-done re-imagining of the story, even if some things weren't completely clear.

I am also curious about the live action Cutey Honey that was made. Was it any good? I would be interested in seeing it.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Replies:

Spoon
976th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Casshern and Cutey Honey" , posted Tue 17 May 13:56post reply

quote:
Has anyone else here seen this? I was happy when I first saw the trailer when it appeared on the internet. I recently purchased the movie on ebay, and received the DVD today. I just finished watching it.

I enjoyed the movie, for the most part. I've seen the Casshan OVA series before, and I expected things to be very different, which they were. However, I'm happy that I bought it and saw it. I thought it was well done, I just wish some things had been different. But it was a well-done re-imagining of the story, even if some things weren't completely clear.

I am also curious about the live action Cutey Honey that was made. Was it any good? I would be interested in seeing it.

I saw bits of human acted Cutie (Cutey?) Honey.

It wasn't pretty.

Burning Ranger
1200th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Casshern and Cutey Honey" , posted Tue 17 May 14:09post reply

quote:

I liked it a little bit. I loved how some anime-style choreography/presentation was used. I liked the humor too.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Pollyanna
1110th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Casshern and Cutey Honey" , posted Tue 17 May 14:42post reply

I was really thrilled that Casshern wasn't an action movie, since the trailers made it look like a mindless CG battle fest. I think they used their resources wisely. Of course, I love thoughtful, tragic, artistic movies and find most action movies cheesy.

Hungrywolf
3032th Post

"Re(3):Casshern and Cutey Honey" , posted Tue 17 May 15:35post reply

quote:
I was really thrilled that Casshern wasn't an action movie, since the trailers made it look like a mindless CG battle fest. I think they used their resources wisely. Of course, I love thoughtful, tragic, artistic movies and find most action movies cheesy.

Well, action doesn't have to be mindless, and I just thought it was a little too tragic. It still didn't bother me near as much as Evangelion does, since I don't regret buying Casshern and I regret ever watching an episode of Eva. I just wish there'd been a little more action added into the story, even if still had the same ending. I just thought there should be more than one Casshern vs. robot fights, since that was a big part of the anime.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Iggy
6515th Post

"Re(4):Casshern and Cutey Honey" , posted Tue 17 May 20:00post reply

I liked Honey. It was silly and quite funny actually.
On the other hand, I saw it after Devilman, SOOOOOOOOOO...

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

rid
6618th Post

"Re(5):Casshern and Cutey Honey" , posted Tue 17 May 22:03post reply

CH is fun, but that doesn't means it is any good...

Casshern was great on the other way, very dramatic and pretty, maybe the best movie based on an anime/manga/comic/game license I've seen.

HAYATO
375th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):Casshern and Cutey Honey" , posted Tue 17 May 22:17post reply

quote:
Casshern was great on the other way, very dramatic and pretty, maybe the best movie based on an anime/manga/comic/game license I've seen.

Yep, I also found it entertaining. Very nice camera use, and the plot was decent enough IMO,so I have no complaints about it...

Mokona
257th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):Casshern and Cutey Honey" , posted Tue 17 May 23:04post reply

Cutie Honey was funny, but not in the good sort of way... I laughed at how tragically pathetic the acting was (especially the girl playing Honey). I have to wonder if it's acted this way on purpose (I mean, the level is as low as what you find in the Sailor Moon live action TV series... but is that bad on purpose too?)

The special effects were nowhere near something you should expect from this kind of movie. It amazes me how chinese movies like Kung-fu hustle have better special effects than most japanese movies (I guess it's ok, but you'll have to admit it's somewhat puzzling... then again, the movie industry in HK/China has been very productive for years, so I guess it's kinda explanable).
Some of the effects were good though, I like the cartoony action sequences (weird, but exactly what you'd imagine a anime-to-live action should look like...)

Blah!

Evenor
191th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Casshern and Cutey Honey" , posted Thu 19 May 01:55post reply

I've never seen Honey but I have seen Casshern. I thought it was OK, just a lil boring...

HEY! Have any of you seen Dumplings by Fruit-chan? Its the longer version of the Three Extremes one. I really liked it, but I will never eat a dumpling ever again.

You shouldn't either!

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
The dumpling meat is aborted BABIES

End of Spoiler

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Spoon
980th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Shadow Hearts From the New World" , posted Thu 19 May 05:58post reply

quote:
I liked Honey. It was silly and quite funny actually.
On the other hand, I saw it after Devilman, SOOOOOOOOOO...

Devilman is a miracle movie. Those who have seen it will find everything in the world wonderful until the end of their days.

It is also possible that there are those who have seen Devilman and will never know happiness again. But oh well.