Jack Sparrow a confirmed character in KHII - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3841 Views )

Cain Highwind
554th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Jack Sparrow a confirmed character in KHII" , posted Tue 17 May 07:28post reply

No pictures of him yet, but he was comfirmed by SquareEnix to appear in the game at a press conference today.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/614/614488p1.html

One word: WTF?! It ain't Gargoyles but I'm still delightfully surprised.

Replies:

threesixtee
866th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Jack Sparrow a confirmed character in K" , posted Tue 17 May 07:51post reply

depp does a lot off "offbeat" roles - I wonder if he'd do this?

Sano
1757th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Any more Live Action Disney Characters?" , posted Tue 17 May 11:15:post reply

Um, Pirates of the Carribean is not even Animated, still this opens up a pandora's box of other live action Disney characters appearing in KH2.

Mary Poppins
Davy Crocket
The Absent Minded Professor
The Princess Diaries Princess(Shut up!)
The Parent Trap(pers)
That Darned Cat
Herby the Luv Bug

Be very afraid...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 17 May 11:17]

Dr Baghead
3445th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Any more Live Action Disney Characters?" , posted Tue 17 May 12:14post reply

quote:
The Parent Trap
Herby the Luv Bug

they should combine the two and have two Linsey Lohans (Lohen?) and Herby team up with Sora!! The main boss could be Linsey's archfoe Lizzie Maguire!!

... Jack Sparrow's in the game, that's so odd, it's made me decide I should try the game even though I don't care about KH anymore. It'd be nice if he existed in a crossover storyline like he and a bunch of Final Fantasy pirates (I'm sure there's plenty but I don't know any and don't care to look them up) have ended up in Neverland and fight Captain Hook.... I'm sure he's just gonna be in the Portal Town in an inn doing nothing though.

(Gargoyles would still be nice though)

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Sano
1758th Post

"Re(2):Any more Live Action Disney Characters?" , posted Tue 17 May 12:37post reply

quote:

they should combine the two and have two Linsey Lohans (Lohen?) and Herby team up with Sora!! The main boss could be Linsey's archfoe Lizzie Maguire!!

Have to disagree though. Check the links on the first post of this page. I think Lohan's archfoe now is crack...

OH NOOOOS!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Cain Highwind
555th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Nope it's a world" , posted Tue 17 May 12:45post reply

1up and Gamespot seemed to describe scenes from a new trailer showing the PotC footage:

The footage included many segments we've already seen, including Mulan's, Hercules's, and the Nightmare Before Christmas' world. It also introduced a new world: the realistic Pirates of the Caribbean, where a cartoon Sora fights alongside a realistic Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, protecting a realistic Kiera Knightly. Other scenes included Sora and Auron tag-teaming the Cerberus boss of the Hercules level with several complex back-and-forth manuevers, and one massive sequence where Sora fought in the middle of a battlefield with literally hundreds of enemies swarming around him. The Gummi Ship is also back, looking like a Z.O.E. 2 inspired pyrokinetic rail-shooter. Wada said that the amount of content in Kingdom Hearts II is "2.5 times the original game." We're not sure if he was talking quality or quantity, but even self-professed detractors of the first game were impressed by what they saw of the sequel. The introduction of live-action Disney movies into the mix sent means -- in this case, quite literally -- whole new worlds of possibility. Kingdom Hearts II will be released Winter 2005 in America.

That's from 1up. Gamespot pretty much said the same thing, that the whole world uses realistic graphics while keeping the cartoonish models of Sora, Donald and Goofy.

Hopefully shots or better yet the trailer will appear tomorrow.

Sano
1759th Post

"Re(1):Nope it's a world" , posted Tue 17 May 12:49post reply

Realistic looking Depp and Knightly? Now that is creepy but in a cool way. I'm dying to see some footage!

Today has very intersting day in Gaming News...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Dr Baghead
3446th Post

"Re(1):Nope it's a world" , posted Tue 17 May 12:52post reply

quote:
Gamespot pretty much said the same thing, that the whole world uses realistic graphics while keeping the cartoonish models of Sora, Donald and Goofy.

That's awesome... but part of me wishes they made it like NMBX-mas world were they changed to looked like the other characters (because a realistic Goofy and Donald would be freaky)

I'm glad it's world though and not just a tiny Jack Sparrow cameo, even if it's not a crossover world.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Ammadeau
1357th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Nope it's a world" , posted Tue 17 May 13:37post reply

quote:
Realistic looking Depp and Knightly? Now that is creepy but in a cool way. I'm dying to see some footage!

Square wouldn't allow pictures to be taken, but it was really well done. It looked a hell of a lot like the scene from the movie.

ZOE 2 inspired is bull though, but ninja mickey was cool.

I actually think Mary Poppins was in it. There was a brief scene of a woman picking up Sora that looked like her, but it was really quick.

Actually, the whole trailer for this game was amazing. One of the best things shown at their conference, though they didn't allow anyone to take pictures during any of the trailers.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Sano
1763th Post

"Re(3):Nope it's a world" , posted Tue 17 May 13:45:post reply

quote:

Square wouldn't allow pictures to be taken, but it was really well done. It looked a hell of a lot like the scene from the movie.

ZOE 2 inspired is bull though, but ninja mickey was cool.

I actually think Mary Poppins was in it. There was a brief scene of a woman picking up Sora that looked like her, but it was really quick.

Actually, the whole trailer for this game was amazing. One of the best things shown at their conference, though they didn't allow anyone to take pictures during any of the trailers.

So Mary Poppins might be in it? Wow. That's just Super Califragalistic dispy anadoucious!

Thanks for the info! Hopefully they won't wait too long to show the trailer to the public.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 18 May 01:04]

Spoon
975th Post

"Re(4):Nope it's a world" , posted Tue 17 May 13:55post reply

I want to see a PS3 version where the realistic characters are rendered with an engine of modern caliber, while the non-realistic ones are wholly cell shaded...

...And then they dance, together, possibly in a Mary Poppins setting.

And as they do so, a cleverly hidden dancing sillhouette of a chimney sweeper in the background can be seen possessing the white headphone wires of an iPod.

Dick van Dyke would join forces with Mickey to form the ultimate pauper duo. Hopefully this will not be tainted by attempts to "ghettofy" them for the trendy "thug" motif.

And if they could somehow get the licensing (irony!!!) from VW, Herby would ride in like the f'n METAL SLUG, cuz we know Herby can't be defeated by mortal means.

Iggy
6512th Post

"Re(5):Nope it's a world" , posted Tue 17 May 19:44post reply

If Mary Poppins is in it, I'll buy it.
Seriously.

I can't think of a more WTF setting than a human Mary Poppins fighting alongside Donald and Square characters.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Cain Highwind
556th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Nope it's a world" , posted Tue 17 May 20:48post reply

Wow, that's kind of freaky considering I had a dream a few weeks ago where I was playing KHII and there was some kind of Chrono Trigger world, I was at Guardia Castle, and Crono, Marle, and her father were there, but also Strago and Relm from FFVI and Mary Poppins rendered all cartoonish.

And since Mary Poppins is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies, I'd love to see some kind of appearance from her.

Oh and if you guys are interested, this trailer, while older and from the Jump Festa was recently released by Square (it was never captured at the time of the Jump festa until SE put it on their site) It shows a lot of the stuff that's in the new trailer (Mulan, Hercules, the new Gummi Ship, etc)

http://www.sd.cubicnetwork.net/videos/KH2%20Jump%2004.zip

Cain Highwind
558th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"First shots!" , posted Thu 19 May 09:16post reply

Not the trailer or pictures straight from E3, but rather Jump scans that show Jack and Elizabeth as well a new original bad guy (translation uncomfirmed, but people are saying Zalodim)

Not the best scans, but it's something!
http://ff7ac.hotcafe.to/rs/report-news050519.html

Ammadeau
1365th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):First shots!" , posted Thu 19 May 13:45post reply

Square is a bitch about screens from games. They wouldn't let me even take pictures of the playable demo on the floor for KH2, which is a lot of fun by the way. They really improved the combat over the original.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

NARUTO
3057th Post

"Re(1):First shots!" , posted Thu 19 May 17:10:post reply

quote:
Not the trailer or pictures straight from E3, but rather Jump scans that show Jack and Elizabeth as well a new original bad guy (translation uncomfirmed, but people are saying Zalodim)

Not the best scans, but it's something!
http://ff7ac.hotcafe.to/rs/report-news050519.html

My weak japanese skill will translate the new enemy as Zaldeen.

And Jack spaarow's world is a really good idea, at least ther will be one serious world were disney characters won't laugh for any reason...

We are all mad at some point....

[this message was edited by NARUTO on Thu 19 May 17:12]

Cain Highwind
561th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Steamboat Willie and Lion King Confirmed" , posted Mon 23 May 08:04post reply

So says Buena Vista Games
http://buenavistagames.go.com/product/kingdomHeartsPS2.html

Oh and higher quality scans of the PotC world:
http://kh2.co.uk/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1116660632&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

Maybe Mary Poppins will be comfirmed next. I'm very eager to see how they'll do Steamboat Willie, (completely redoing Sora, Donald, and Goofy in Black and white, 1930's Disney style?)

Spoon
991th Post

"Re(1):Steamboat Willie and Lion King Confirme" , posted Mon 23 May 09:03post reply

quote:

http://kh2.co.uk/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1116660632&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

Maybe Mary Poppins will be comfirmed next. I'm very eager to see how they'll do Steamboat Willie, (completely redoing Sora, Donald, and Goofy in Black and white, 1930's Disney style?)

I wonder if Steamboat Willie etc. will be alternate people to Mickey etc. or if they will personas that they can take on.

I'm still waiting for Herby/Metal Slug antics.

Ishmael
2020th Post

"Re(2):Steamboat Willie and Lion King Confirme" , posted Mon 23 May 10:17post reply

A Steamboat Willie world? I swore I wouldn't bother with KH2 after the camera in KH1 gave me a splitting headache but if they keep including crazy things like this I may have to check it out.

Sano
1783th Post

"Re(3):Steamboat Willie and Lion King Confirme" , posted Mon 23 May 10:58post reply

Steamboat Willie? Okay I know Mickey Mouse went missing after Kingdom Hearts but DAMN.

Squeenix has lost their freaking minds and it's the coolest thing ever!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

talbaineric
6162th Post

"Re(1):Steamboat Willie and Lion King Confirme" , posted Mon 23 May 10:59post reply

quote:

OMG, OMG, that's all I've said since eyeing the latest KH2 reports.....FUCK! I'm so happy lol! As a newfound Disney nut, I'm so looking forward to this game! And I'm with you spoon, I wanna Herbie cameo,too!

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

Cain Highwind
562th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Steamboat Willie and Lion King Confirme" , posted Mon 23 May 11:49post reply

HOLY CRAP! IT'S ERIC!

How have you been man, haven't seen you around in quite a while!

NARUTO
3062th Post

"Re(3):Steamboat Willie and Lion King Confirme" , posted Mon 23 May 19:08post reply

Long time no see T.E.!

We are all mad at some point....

talbaineric
6163th Post

"Re(3):Steamboat Willie and Lion King Confirme" , posted Mon 23 May 21:06post reply

quote:
HOLY CRAP! IT'S ERIC!

How have you been man, haven't seen you around in quite a while!

LOL for real. I'm doing good I suppose. ^_^
Yeah, been like 8 months. Thanks for the little tidbits of news!

Hey Naruto!

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

Cain Highwind
564th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"New shots and CONTROVERSY" , posted Mon 30 May 03:17post reply

Firstly, there's some new Dangeki scans that show a couple of new shots

http://squarenet.gamigo.de/main.php?site=sn-news&id=1611

Secodnly, the Buena Vista site I posted before with the confirmation of Steamboat Willie and Lion King have been taken down and there's now a message saying "Site is undergoing content changes"

Was it false or did S-E not like informaton revealed too soon? You decide.

Ok and now back to the new Dangeki scans. Nomura was asked why there aren't any characters not designed by him, and he responds that he just wasn't familiar enough with the characters to place them in. However with KH2 he's stated that he's going to "take a risk". Whoo-hoo!

He also said the story with Sora and company will end with KH2, HOWEVER, there'll be enough to expand upon to make a sequel (minus Sora), but he wants to wait and see how KHII will do (Oh Nomura, you're funny)

Sano
1796th Post

"Re(1):New shots and CONTROVERSY" , posted Mon 30 May 04:38post reply

quote:
http://squarenet.gamigo.de/main.php?site=sn-news&id=1611

LOL! Jack Sparrow looks hilarious standing next to Sora, but funny in a cool/insane/must buy this game type of way.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!