Any questions for SNK? Post them here. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4377 Views )

Celsius
46th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Rare Customer

"Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Mon 16 May 08:14post reply

Hi everyone. I'll probably be conducting another interview with SNK USA President Ben Herman at E3 2005 this year. Once again, if you have any questions you'd like for me to ask him, post it in this thread and I'll probably ask it (very likely).

The responses I'll post will be word for word.

"What? Sarah! Look not upon me with doubting eyes." - Motoko Aoyoma (Love Hina: Mystery Guests at Hinata Hotel)

Replies:

Freeter
4292th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Mon 16 May 08:23post reply

1. Do you think ports of Neo Geo Battle Coliseum and KOF XI for Xbox are likely in the future? (PS2 is inevitable, I'm just wondering if Xbox might get them also)

2. Does SNK have plans to support the next-gen hardware (PS3, Xbox 360, Revolution)?

3. Are there any DS titles in the works?

Cain Highwind
552th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Mon 16 May 08:34:post reply

Honestly, I was hoping and waiting for this to come up ^_^

-Any US plans for some of the recent Neo-Geo Online Collection games (KoF Collection, Last Blade 1+2, MotW, etc)

-While it's been great to see recent console ports completely uncensored due to fan request, is anything being done with the speed at which the Arcade to Console ports come out to the US? As it was a good year after the original version that the KoF 2003 port came out (well over two years for the KoF 2002 port)

EDIT:I almost forgot: -Any word on SvC2?

Edit 2: I think it would be best phrased as "Since many considered SvC Chaos as a gameplay disappointment, is there any plans for an improved sequel using the Atomiswave?"

Mostly the second question is important to me because I really don't want to wait well over a year to play the ports of NBC and KoF XI.

Thanks Celsius, and have fun!

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Mon 16 May 08:45]

Variable Savior
287th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Mon 16 May 09:36post reply

I have a question for SNK. When will they ever update their freakin graphics? I know this is a common request and that good gameplay is more important then graphics but this is getting ridiculous. Using the same graphics for 10 years of KoF was understandable (albeit not particularly acceptable) since all the games ran off the MVS but the change to AW and additional development time should have resulted in a visual update.

I know graphic criticism is pedestrian but honestly I'm starting to feel like SNK is taking advantage of fans interest in the series by issuing minimal effort titles. While you're at it, ask Herman how he expects to attract new fans to their games with such meager endeavors and how long he expects established fans to tolerate such nominal efforts.

I'm really, really tired of SNK underachieving.

Blood marks heaven's path

Abster
34th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Mon 16 May 09:55post reply

To answer a couple early questions, Herman told me Samurai Shodown 5 for Xbox should have red blood and a translated story mode. I also learned from him that both Neowave and Rebout were indeed rejected by SCEA, which makes the future uncertain for PS2 owners in terms of the Atomiswave titles. He says NBC has a chance, but they're asking for a lot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/Abster316/dedication3.gif [Image Attached]

There's no substitution to dedication

Digitalboy
199th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Mon 16 May 11:14:post reply

quote:
Hi everyone. I'll probably be conducting another interview with SNK USA President Ben Herman at E3 2005 this year. Once again, if you have any questions you'd like for me to ask him, post it in this thread and I'll probably ask it (very likely).

Celsius! How are you doing? It's been a while since I have seen your posts.

Here is my question for B. Herman:

-There will be a collected series of KOF that will be released for Japan later this year. Will the collected series of KOF come to state side?

EDIT: Wasn't there a 3-D Metal Slug game in development? I can't remeber if it was real or just an April Fool's Joke. Is there any way to stop it's development?

[this message was edited by Digitalboy on Mon 16 May 11:18]

crazymike
1117th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Mon 16 May 11:24:post reply

I have a question. Which Capcom character will you next make look cooler and more menacing than their usual flat, shadeless incarnations?

[this message was edited by crazymike on Mon 16 May 11:24]

ZamIAm
1524th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Mon 16 May 11:54post reply

Oh oh, I know! Why is Seth lighter than K' in KOF:MI?

Any ways, on a serious note:

-Any chance of more arcade play testing being done on US shores?

-Considering KOF has a larger following in Latin America than USA, will this affect the advertising in the USA?

-Now that KOF will be going by numbers instead of years, will the box art of home collections of the series go by the "episode" number?

-Will SNK USA be hosting any tournaments for their currently released products?

They're outsourcing Elmo and putting Cookie Monster on a diet...WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?

Count Hihihi
30th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Mon 16 May 16:03post reply

quote:

Ask him that does he still think that Toshinden 2 is great, and will he lead SNK to such "success" as that game?

Chillypepper
40th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Mon 16 May 16:42post reply

ask him when will they update and rehaul the sprites, until we get a nice hi-res nicely animated 2d fighter. thats all i want to know. thanks.

Stifu
143th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Mon 16 May 18:58post reply

I've only got one question on my mind, but I doubt Ben Herman knows the answer...

Will SS AW feature blood and fatalities ?

mbisonhatclub
89th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Mon 16 May 21:21post reply

If you don't ask about the lack of updating graphics, I promise I will use every talent and means necessary to extort you and I will also use my psycho powers to take control of your mind

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Ikari Loona
114th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Mon 16 May 22:15post reply

I too am curious about an SvC2, after the apparent promise of such a game in a certain snk-capcom.com forum thread, and later un-stickying of it...

Might as well ask him too if there are any plans regarding series other than KoF, SS, NGBC and SvC - surely i'm not the only one who's been hoping for a Garou 2 or some new FF, AoF or LB...

Puchu?

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

bootation
460th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Tue 17 May 00:16post reply

quote:
I too am curious about an SvC2, after the apparent promise of such a game in a certain snk-capcom.com forum thread, and later un-stickying of it...

Might as well ask him too if there are any plans regarding series other than KoF, SS, NGBC and SvC - surely i'm not the only one who's been hoping for a Garou 2 or some new FF, AoF or LB...

Which handheld will they favor? I would guess psp but hey ds is cheaper.....

Pretty please check out my neato sweet awesome webpage

Mosquiton
1623th Post

"Re(4):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Tue 17 May 00:26post reply

quote:

I think they're placing limits on the allowable amount of 'combined blackness' in their games, under strict orders from THE MAN.

That's my theory.

/ / /

aderack
118th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Tue 17 May 00:55post reply

I can answer most of these already.

EricJonRösselWaugh
YOU CANNOT STOP ME WITH JUST A PARAMECIUM!

ZamIAm
1525th Post

"Re(5):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Tue 17 May 01:10post reply

quote:

I think they're placing limits on the allowable amount of 'combined blackness' in their games, under strict orders from THE MAN.

That's my theory.

Which is funny considering the number of characters with dark skinned 2P outfits and the fact that (to my understanding) K' is actually Japanese. On a creepy note, Mr. Big/Seth's 2P outfit look almost exactly like radio personality Tom Joyner...

They're outsourcing Elmo and putting Cookie Monster on a diet...WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?

Sano
1749th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(6):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Tue 17 May 01:35:post reply

One question -

1. Are they ever planning on resolving any of their unrequited love relationships that never seem to work out? At the very least Andy and Mai by MOTW2, it would be really nice if they resolved at least that one.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 17 May 01:37]

Kikkoken
876th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(7):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Tue 17 May 01:42:post reply

Please ask whether a sequel to the excellent KOF EX2 is in the works, either for GBA or DS.

[this message was edited by Kikkoken on Tue 17 May 01:42]

Dr Baghead
3443th Post

"Re(1):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Tue 17 May 01:57post reply

"Why hast thou foresaken me!?"

follow up question:
"Seriously, you bring back Eiji without Billy?!"

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

boagman
43th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Tue 17 May 04:44post reply

quote:

Shows that I'm of a different breed, I guess. Ask Ben if there's any possibility that they'll start doing shmups again, a la Last Resort, Ghost Pilots, etc. My favorite game of all time is the Neo's Viewpoint (though that's technically a Sammy game), and several other shooters on the Neo were made by other companies, too. Any shooters on the way for the new hardware?

Thanks, Celsius.

Pinball reigns. You heard me right.

Phoenix
792th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Tue 17 May 12:11:post reply

Mr. Herman has no control over the actual games you know. He can only influence how they are brought over to the US. I think it's great that SS Zero's story is finally getting translated and that it will have red blood etc.

Any plans for Card Fighters Clash 3 on handhelds with online matches? (not to mention KOF EX3 with online)

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Tue 17 May 12:48]

Sano
1760th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Tue 17 May 12:56post reply

quote:
Mr. Herman has no control over the actual games you know. He can only influence how they are brought over to the US. I think it's great that SS Zero's story is finally getting translated and that it will have red blood etc.

Okay you can scratch my question previous question then. Ask him if KOF Maximum Impact for the X-Box in the US will have the Japanese voices. I heard that it will, but a quicky confirmation would be groovy. And you could also ask him to elaborate on why they had to record English Voices on the PS2 in the first place, I know the story but a first hand account is always good.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Abster
36th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Tue 17 May 13:37:post reply

quote:

Okay you can scratch my question previous question then. Ask him if KOF Maximum Impact for the X-Box in the US will have the Japanese voices. I heard that it will, but a quicky confirmation would be groovy. And you could also ask him to elaborate on why they had to record English Voices on the PS2 in the first place, I know the story but a first hand account is always good.

I can answer those questions too. Yes, KOF MI for Xbox will have a Japanese voice option. The PS2 version of MI needed english voices in the first place just to satisfy another one of SCEA's "requirements" for PS2 approval.

Now here are a couple of my questions...

Is there any real chance we'll be able to get US ports of those long lost SNK RPGs in the future? (SSRPG to be most specific)

What's in the future for PS2 owners now that we know Rebout and Neowave were both rejected by SCEA? (SNK answer man confirmed this to me not too long ago) Atomiswave titles will not be as easy to port here as once thought.

At E3 last year you had planned SS5 and SS5 Special as a 2 in 1 compilation. What happened that caused SS5 Special console development to be canned? If it wasn't surely SS5/5 Special would've been approved by SCEA.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/Abster316/dedication3.gif [Image Attached]

[this message was edited by Abster on Tue 17 May 14:10]

Gojira
1714th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Tue 17 May 18:58post reply

Just one question:

The DS's design would lend itself VERY well to an enhanced Card Fighters port, or even better Card Fighters 2 (which cries for translation). Is anything like this being planned, and if not can you possibly make it happen?

Off with your nose

Sano
1771th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(5):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Thu 19 May 04:22post reply

quote:

I can answer those questions too. Yes, KOF MI for Xbox will have a Japanese voice option. The PS2 version of MI needed english voices in the first place just to satisfy another one of SCEA's "requirements" for PS2 approval.

Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks!

Now Sano has nothing to ask. Um, ask him who his favorite KOF male and female characters are? If you can fit it in as a last question. Stuff like that is always cool to hear. ^_^

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Cain Highwind
557th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Thu 19 May 07:21post reply

quote:

At E3 last year you had planned SS5 and SS5 Special as a 2 in 1 compilation. What happened that caused SS5 Special console development to be canned? If it wasn't surely SS5/5 Special would've been approved by SCEA.

The announcement for the two pack was just a couple days before the whole Fatality removal scandal, and the SNKP Japan said they would never port Special to ANY home console because of this. I'm pretty sure Ben comfirmed the cancellation of the two pack because of this.

Abster
38th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Thu 19 May 07:30post reply

quote:

The announcement for the two pack was just a couple days before the whole Fatality removal scandal, and the SNKP Japan said they would never port Special to ANY home console because of this. I'm pretty sure Ben comfirmed the cancellation of the two pack because of this.

I thought SNKP just wanted SS5 Special to remain a Neo Geo exclusive as a "proper" means of closing out the Neo Geo's history.

EddyT
483th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Any questions for SNK? Post them here." , posted Thu 19 May 08:01post reply

I would like to ask if there will be any support for PSP besides KOF MI? I would love to see any old ports of any SNK titles to the system, and maybe Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.

Also was wondering if SNK would ever consider doing another crossover game with Capcom, or with Sammy.

Celsius
47th Post

Rare Customer

"Sorry, couldn't get an appointment at E3 but." , posted Fri 20 May 14:42post reply

Sorry, I went in at tday one to schedule an appoitnment with him but he was all booked up. But! I did talk to him for a bit and he said to e-mail him the questions. I plan on e-mail him on friday or saturday.

I apologize for this.

BTW Metal Slug Evolution was shown there. IT's scheduled for Next Gen consoles
(either for PS3 or X-box 360).

IT (the footage)couldn't have been done on the Revolution though because dev kits have no been handed out yet. Also Nintendo is still not giving out LPAs to publishers for the Revolution.

once again I apologize. Asking questions via e-mail is no substitute for a face to face interview. But I believe it's a somewhat small consolation.

"What? Sarah! Look not upon me with doubting eyes." - Motoko Aoyoma (Love Hina: Mystery Guests at Hinata Hotel)

Bata kun
2619th Post

"Re(1):Sorry, couldn't get an appointment at E" , posted Sat 21 May 00:12post reply

Know that I'm late to the party, but I do have a question for Ben.

Are there U.S. plans of "Twinkle Star Sprites ~La Petite Princesse~"?

Bata kun
2624th Post

"Go bang!" , posted Fri 27 May 07:02post reply

I give this a bump...for, oh you know what's the rest. Seriously, where are our answers? =P

Celsius
50th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Go bang!" , posted Wed 1 Jun 16:52post reply

quote:
I give this a bump...for, oh you know what's the rest. Seriously, where are our answers? =P

Sorry, sorry, sorry X 99,999,999. Please check back around the end of June/beginning of July for the replies. I will post a new topic. I've been a bit busy lately, so I have to apologize for the delays. In the meantime, please check out my O~3 Entertainment article. They will be releasing Chaos Field for the GCN in Sept.