No one talking about E3? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (5194 Views )

Sensenic
1292th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"No one talking about E3?" , posted Sun 15 May 19:42:post reply

The flow of news apparently has begun (dunno about the act itself, not keeping myself much up to date now).

Let us begin with pics from Mistwalker's RPG Lost Odissey:
picses

Interesting about that character not being able to die. If it is the main chara, it could mean some originality (Planescape: Torment apart), no?

EDIT: URL.

So adorable... Gluttony

Nihon mo ingenmame wo tsukurimasu Jan

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Sun 15 May 19:42]

Replies:

Ishmael
2007th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):No one talking about E3?" , posted Mon 16 May 02:42post reply

quote:
The flow of news apparently has begun (dunno about the act itself, not keeping myself much up to date now).

Thing is, E3 doesn't officially start until the 17th so none of the big drama from the floor has started yet. I think everyone is waiting until then to post about it since it's always better to show up fashionably late for a party than to arrive two days early.

Fuchikoma
1287th Post

"Re(2):No one talking about E3?" , posted Mon 16 May 04:14post reply

Yeah that website doesn't seem to know their ass from a whole in the ground... those Last Odyssey pictures are from the X-box 360 premiere that happen simultaniously with the MTV special in a theater in Tokyo. I think it was Beto who posted some videos in the MTV 360 thread... the Last Odyssey video was bleh... but Blue Dragon and Ninety-Nine Nights look hella awesome.

E3 doesn't officially kick off until Tuesday... but we all know that the big guys always hold a pre-E3 conference. I expect that Sony and Nintendo will probably unviel their systems at their conferences tomorrow. Personally I can't wait to see Revolution... I hope it really is Revolutionary and that Iwata's not just talking out of his ass.

Shingo The One
528th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):No one talking about E3?" , posted Mon 16 May 04:22post reply

quote:
Thing is, E3 doesn't officially start until the 17th so none of the big drama from the floor has started yet. I think everyone is waiting until then to post about it since it's always better to show up fashionably late for a party than to arrive two days early.

Well actually, the E3 show will officialy begin with the unveiling, in just a few hours time, of the Playstation 3.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Fuchikoma
1289th Post

"Re(3):No one talking about E3?" , posted Mon 16 May 04:33post reply

quote:

Well actually, the E3 show will officialy begin with the unveiling, in just a few hours time, of the Playstation 3.

Ok I checked the official E3 site and they have the dates May 16-20... so yeah the pre-E3 conferences will probably be kicking off today. That's kind of odd though... I wonder how come G4 isn't starting their E3 coverage until Tuesday.

Sano
1742th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):No one talking about E3?" , posted Mon 16 May 05:07post reply

quote:

I wonder how come G4 isn't starting their E3 coverage until Tuesday.

My guess is because G4's coverage won't be live so they can edit out any information that, we actually care about.

Sorry, still mad at G4 for canceling Pulse and Unscrewed. I see 'The Swish' is appearing in Fast Food Restaurant commercials...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Minuteman
256th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):No one talking about E3?" , posted Mon 16 May 05:10post reply

Does anyone know when the Nintendo live webcast of their pre-show event is being held?

The XBox one is tomorrow (5/16) @ 10pm EST and will be broadcast live on xbox.com.

Nintendo, I think, did this last year and will do it again this year, but I dont know when...any help?

And what about Sony? Any info on their pre-show conference? Webcast??

I love E3 week!

Sensenic
1292th Post

"Re(3):No one talking about E3?" , posted Mon 16 May 06:40post reply

quote:

Ah, ok, didn't know. Just saw all those "E3: sth" news and it surprised me.

I'm definitely not up to date.
quote:
Yeah that website doesn't seem to know their ass from a whole in the ground... those Last Odyssey pictures are from the X-box 360 premiere that happen simultaniously with the MTV special in a theater in Tokyo. I think it was Beto who posted some videos in the MTV 360 thread... the Last Odyssey video was bleh... but Blue Dragon and Ninety-Nine Nights look hella awesome.

Yeah, I saw the thread later (the usual thing ^_^').

But I think they do see their ass. This way they call people's attention to their site (giving out "pre-E3 exclusives" such as that one) as they did with uninformed me.
quote:
Personally I can't wait to see Revolution... I hope it really is Revolutionary and that Iwata's not just talking out of his ass.

I second that.

So adorable... Gluttony

Nihon mo ingenmame wo tsukurimasu Jan

Fuchikoma
1290th Post

"Re(2):No one talking about E3?" , posted Mon 16 May 06:42post reply

I found a site that's going to have lots of live webcasts... but it requires a subscription. Livewire
It also seems that the conferences won't be until tomorrow afternoon... maybe there won't be any pre-E3 conferences this year...

Cain Highwind
552th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):No one talking about E3?" , posted Mon 16 May 08:48post reply

Uhh you do know here in PST (LA, where E3 is), it's still Sunday, right? And G4 is supposed to be covering tomorrow the 16th.

Fuchikoma
1291th Post

"Re(4):No one talking about E3?" , posted Mon 16 May 10:11post reply

The commercials on G4 say coverage begins on the 17th... and that it's live coverage. Maybe they need time to set up or whatever. As for conferences, Sony and Microsoft have their conferences tomorrow (the 16th) and Nintendo's conference isn't until Tuesday morning, but it will be a live webcast.

Sano
1745th Post

"Re(5):No one talking about E3?" , posted Mon 16 May 12:39post reply

quote:
The commercials on G4 say coverage begins on the 17th... and that it's live coverage. Maybe they need time to set up or whatever. As for conferences, Sony and Microsoft have their conferences tomorrow (the 16th) and Nintendo's conference isn't until Tuesday morning, but it will be a live webcast.

OK it will be live. Thanks!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Daala
1002th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(6):No one talking about E3?" , posted Tue 17 May 00:24post reply

Jumps into the E3 topic... well we should least ask what we all hope to see?? yes? no?

(btw g4 commerical sing'n dance'n one...so gay!) *sound like a 3rd grader*

Other then the xbox360 hype... which personly I think is to overdone... I'm waiting to see the new Castlevania: Curse of Darkness game hightlights (info on the net is slim).

Sano
1747th Post

"Re(7):No one talking about E3?" , posted Tue 17 May 01:18:post reply

I'm waiting to check out all of the X-Box bound SNK games announced for E3, namely SamSho V, Maximum Impact and KOF '94 Rebout. And I want to learn more about Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects, perhaps find out about more of the Marvel Heads in it(PLEEEEESE PUT DEADPOOL IN THE GAME...) And while Namco didn't announce it for the show, I'm hoping to get a sneak peak of Soul Calibur 3. It would be neat to see some of Onimusha 4 too. Yeah, I'd like to peep the new PS2 bound Castlevania also. Overall I want to see a lot of PSP games, hopefully more original titles and not just PS1-2 ports. And some new PSP gizmos, possibly the PSP Digital Camera I've been hearing about.

Oh and while not announced by Namco, and the game is not even out in Japan, and the chances of the game coming stateside look extremely bleak I will have a freaking heart attack if Namco x Capcom is there! I'm not holding my breath....

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 17 May 01:21]

Ammadeau
1356th Post

"Re(2):No one talking about E3?" , posted Tue 17 May 01:30post reply

quote:
Does anyone know when the Nintendo live webcast of their pre-show event is being held?

The 17th... at 8am I think. Gah. Since I'm going I'm not exactly happy with the time.

Square-Enix's pre-show is today and I'm going to that mainly for the free lunch. Going to try to sneak into Sony's after, but like MS they made theirs very exclusive for some bonehead reason so I don't have high hopes. I'm pretty sure there won't be any food served either. Bastards.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Fuchikoma
1292th Post

"Re(7):No one talking about E3?" , posted Tue 17 May 02:15post reply

quote:
Jumps into the E3 topic... well we should least ask what we all hope to see?? yes? no?

(btw g4 commerical sing'n dance'n one...so gay!) *sound like a 3rd grader*

Other then the xbox360 hype... which personly I think is to overdone... I'm waiting to see the new Castlevania: Curse of Darkness game hightlights (info on the net is slim).

Speaking of slim... the dimensions of the Revolution were released and it's just slighty bigger than the PStwo... I think the exact quote was "as thick as three jewel cases". Revolution is definitely what I'm waiting for... so I'm going nuts that they won't be having their conference until tomorrow.

As for new stuff from Namco, they're showing off a 360 game that seems to be a GTA clone. Frame City

vava
45th Post

Rare Customer

"NEW FINAL FIGHT GAME!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 02:22:post reply

Final Fight RETURNS!!!!
developed by Maximo team

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/614/614242p1.html

[this message was edited by vava on Tue 17 May 02:23]

deisied
330th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):NEW FINAL FIGHT GAME'D!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 02:33post reply

quote:
Final Fight RETURNS!!!!
developed by Maximo team

Well! I didn't see that one coming. My first reaction is that it looks kinda akward and American-y, and it does. But, that whole beat em up phase looked pretty American-y back in the day too. So, fair enough. On gameplay/technical merits I don't really have any idea what to think yet, I guess it sounds like old school mixed with the most basic freaking ideas that are in every game these days. I can't really imagine this game feeling like a "classic". Anyway, even for me not really wanting to pander to nostalgia, completely ditching the old guys feels pretty lame. We'll see.

Digitalboy
202th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):NEW FINAL FIGHT GAME!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 02:34post reply

quote:
Final Fight RETURNS!!!!
developed by Maximo team

What about "Final Fight Revenge 2?" That game R0X0RS!!!111[end of sarcasm]

Fuchikoma
1293th Post

"Re(2):NEW FINAL FIGHT GAME'D!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 02:37post reply

Yeah... my first reaction was "wow, this looks a whole lot like Beatdown". I don't get why Capcom would simultaniously make two games that are so similar oh wait... Resident Evil/Dino Crisis... Street Fighter/Darkstalkers... nevermind. If it plays anywhere as good as Shadow of Rome I'll be set... but Guy better be in there somewhere!

deisied
331th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):NEW FINAL FIGHT GAME'D!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 02:42post reply

Damn, I didn't even think about Shadow of Rome. Guess I should give them a bit more pre-emptive credit for this not feeling messy as hell.

GekigangerV
1094th Post

"Re(4):NEW FINAL FIGHT GAME'D!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 02:51:post reply

I am excited about that new Final Fight game though. Hopefully the team looks at what Konami with the new TMNT games and DOESN'T do that. The new TMNT games make levels longer than they have to be and really drags the game on. I would much rather have a game that seems designed for the arcade with many short levels than a game with a few looong levels.

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Tue 17 May 02:52]

Sano
1749th Post

"Re(1):NEW FINAL FIGHT GAME!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 02:53post reply

quote:
Final Fight RETURNS!!!!
developed by Maximo team

WOW!!! FINAL FIGHT IS BACK!!!!

Sano's very happy for the remainder of the day. ^_^

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Ishmael
2008th Post

"Re(4):NEW FINAL FIGHT GAME'D!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 02:57post reply

Do we have... yes! Multiple generic goons! I love beat 'em ups, even ones of questionable design, so seeing so many games coming out that features people punching a swarm of goons in the middle of the street, bar or the ever popular underground fighting ring makes me happy. Will there be cameos by other FF veterens? Can you still eat food you find in trash cans? Is she a playable character? I await further news.

Sano
1750th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(5):NEW FINAL FIGHT GAME'D!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 03:09post reply

quote:
Is she a playable character?

Given Poison's... *history*, are you sure that's a she? (Sano runs off...)

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Juan
4157th Post

"Re(1):NEW FINAL FIGHT GAME!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 03:46:post reply

quote:
developed by Maximo team

Ok so most likely we wont get a Final Fight Revenge quality game.

I understand if they dont make the old characters playable, but they should at least appear as cameos or in cut-scenes.

Did Cody get out of jail(!?)

Edit: sober

[this message was edited by Juan on Tue 17 May 03:54]

Iggy
6510th Post

"Re(2):NEW FINAL FIGHT GAME!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 04:05post reply

Oh god, Kyle is ugly.
I guess having a brother having a passionate relationship with a shemale (post-op?) doesn't help your attitude.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Juan
4157th Post

"Re(3):NEW FINAL FIGHT GAME!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 04:10post reply

But is Kyle good with knives?

That is a mistery!

quote:
Oh god, Kyle is ugly.
I guess having a brother having a passionate relationship with a shemale (post-op?) doesn't help your attitude.

Iggy
6511th Post

"Re(4):NEW FINAL FIGHT GAME!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 04:15post reply

quote:
But is Kyle good with knives?
The simple idea you're suggesting is creepy and painful at the same time.
You're definitely evil. I won't touch myself tonight because of you.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Shingo The One
531th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"THE MATRIX:PATH OF NEO TRAILER!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 04:24post reply

quote:
But is Kyle good with knives?The simple idea you're suggesting is creepy and painful at the same time.

The headline speaks for itself.And easily, this game will be SO FUCKING BETTER than that worthless bull.Here's the link:
media.ps2.ign.com/media/696/696714/vids_1.html
And don't forget that the only good link is the Windows Media one.

Sano
1751th Post

"Re(1):THE MATRIX:PATH OF NEO TRAILER!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 05:05post reply

quote:
But is Kyle good with knives?The simple idea you're suggesting is creepy and painful at the same time.
The headline speaks for itself.And easily, this game will be SO FUCKING BETTER than that worthless bull.Here's the link:

Dude Neo is dead. Get over it!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Nate
545th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):THE MATRIX:PATH OF NEO TRAILER!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 05:06post reply

Well, I guess the Matrix does one-up Final Fight in having a transexual creator as opposed to a transexual character...

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Shingo The One
532th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):THE MATRIX:PATH OF NEO TRAILER!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 05:15post reply

quote:

Dude Neo is dead. Get over it!

I know compadre, but this game might just show it off in a non-bullshit way just like the "other" game and the two movie sequels, don't you agree?

Sano
1752th Post

"Re(3):THE MATRIX:PATH OF NEO TRAILER!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 05:26post reply

quote:

I know compadre, but this game might just show it off in a non-bullshit way just like the "other" game and the two movie sequels, don't you agree?

MR. BURNS: Shingo the One. Excellent!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Juan
4158th Post

"Re(9):THE MATRIX:PATH OF NEO TRAILER!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 05:28post reply

BACON AND KNIVES

quote:
The headline speaks for itself.And easily, this game will be SO FUCKING BETTER than BACON AND KNIVESBACON AND KNIVESBACON AND KNIVESBACON AND KNIVESBACON AND KNIVESBACON AND KNIVESBACON AND KNIVES
BACON AND KNIVESBACON AND KNIVESBACON AND KNIVESBACON AND KNIVESBACON AND KNIVES

Sano
1754th Post

"Street Fighter Alpha 1 on the PSP!" , posted Tue 17 May 06:25:post reply

Finally I can get some SF action on my PSP!

Ryu and Chun-Li Forever Portable!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 17 May 06:26]

Dr Baghead
3444th Post

"Re(1):Street Fighter Alpha 1 on the PSP!" , posted Tue 17 May 06:30post reply

quote:
Finally I can get some SF action on my PSP!

Ryu and Chun-Li Forever Portable!

I hope by 'Street Fighter Alpha' they mean "Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper Advance" but with better graphics, both versions of Chun-Li (SFA3UA only has Alpha), endings/dialogs in the game with new ones added for the 3 new characters, and World Tour Mode.

Because what's the point of re-releasing the oldest game int the series?!

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Kikkoken
876th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):NEW FINAL FIGHT GAME!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 06:43post reply

quote:
I won't touch myself tonight because of you.

May I come over to your place just to check ?

Pollyanna
1108th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(6):NEW FINAL FIGHT GAME!!!" , posted Tue 17 May 07:52post reply

This is ridiculous. There's nothing that makes this game Final Fight. It's just CALLED Final Fight. Sure, you can be excited about it, but that doesn't make it Final Fight.

Fuchikoma
1296th Post

"G4 coverage (with bonus PS3 announcement)" , posted Tue 17 May 08:21:post reply

quote:
This is ridiculous. There's nothing that makes this game Final Fight. It's just CALLED Final Fight. Sure, you can be excited about it, but that doesn't make it Final Fight.

Agreed. If anything it's looking like a GTA clone... and visually I don't like it as much as Beatdown.

Also it seems that G4's live coverage doesn't start until tomorrow, but in the place of AOTS today there's a nice pre-E3 show that's basically showing all the preview trailers that have been popping up that past couple days.

*edit*- in case you haven't seen it... Sony's PS3 announcement PS3 and it's what we expected... Blue Ray, Memory Stick Duo, 1080p high def, 2006 launch, Full Backwards compatible, and processing power that goes up past 2 teraflops... no pictures of the actual system or games yet though.

[this message was edited by Fuchikoma on Tue 17 May 08:50]

Gojira
1710th Post

"Gross Final Fight footage" , posted Tue 17 May 08:59:post reply

Direct-feed footage of Final Fight is up at IGN

I watched one, threw up and didn't bother with the rest. Analysis:
Graphics: gross
Voices: funny and gross
Stiffness: gross x n where n > 20

Also I could swear I recognize some of those movements from the Beatdown footage. It actually looks more like a sequel to Fighting Force than Final Fight, unless the repetitive crappy 2-frame jab punches are what's supposed to link it.

Edit: GROSS

Off with your nose

[this message was edited by Gojira on Tue 17 May 09:03]

Fuchikoma
1297th Post

"Re(2):G4 coverage (with bonus PS3 announcemen" , posted Tue 17 May 09:05:post reply

Hmmm just finished watching the G4 show preview... they had some PS2 Resident Evil 4 footage and I have to say it's looking damn close to the GCN version. I don't know how Capcom pulled it off... but they did. One less reason to get a cube now I guess...

edit- oh yeah also... in what almost seems as a counter to Bill Gate's quote about Halo 3 launching to snub the PS3 launch... Sony reps are now saying that PS3 will launch with the next title in the GTA series... BOOYAH BILLY!

edit 2- At the Sony conference that's in progress right now they showed a Spider-man 3 demo... the demo is actually running realtime with the model render used in the Spider-man 2 film... must... gochangemyunderwearnow...

[this message was edited by Fuchikoma on Tue 17 May 09:12]

GekigangerV
1096th Post

"Re(3):G4 coverage (with bonus PS3 announcemen" , posted Tue 17 May 09:42:post reply

quote:

edit 2- At the Sony conference that's in progress right now they showed a Spider-man 3 demo... the demo is actually running realtime with the model render used in the Spider-man 2 film... must... gochangemyunderwearnow...

The graphics are going to kick ass.

Sadly the controller won't it seem.

http://www.cgno.com/news/media/1116289322_controller.jpg

I always wanted a boomerang.

*edit*

is it just me or is the font on the Playstation 3 the same as the one used for the Spider-Man movie logo?

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Tue 17 May 09:43]

Gojira
1710th Post

"Re(4):G4 coverage (with bonus PS3 announcemen" , posted Tue 17 May 09:46post reply

quote:

Sadly the controller won't it seem.

http://www.cgno.com/news/media/1116289322_controller.jpg

I always wanted a boomerang.

But it's smartly designed! Someone dies in DMC4, they throw the helpless controller in frustration, and it comes right back to whack their brains out. Brilliant

Off with your nose

Fuchikoma
1297th Post

"Re(5):G4 coverage (with bonus PS3 announcemen" , posted Tue 17 May 09:55post reply

quote:

But it's smartly designed! Someone dies in DMC4, they throw the helpless controller in frustration, and it comes right back to whack their brains out. Brilliant

LMAO! I'm glad there's going to be choices at least... with that many USB ports it seems we're not stuck with wireless if we don't like that, I'm also hoping for real keyboard and mouse support in FPS games this time.

Sano
1756th Post

"SFA3 on PSP, not SFA1?" , posted Tue 17 May 10:08:post reply

For a while Magicbox called the SFA PSP Game SFA4, but that was an error that they corrected quickly and now they are calling it SFA. Both Gamespot and Gamefaqs are calling the PSP Game SFA3. IGN did say it was a version of SFA, (Magicbox is calling it SFA) so it might be SFA3... oh brother, stupid gaming media, we seriously need some footage of the game. Anyway, from Gamespot -

Oh well Ryu and Chun-Li will be in it no matter what the Hell it is, that's enough for me for now...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 17 May 10:10]

Fuchikoma
1298th Post

"PS3 pictures" , posted Tue 17 May 10:28post reply

Speaking of pictures at Gamepot, they've got PS3 pictures up now

Burning Ranger
1199th Post

"Pre-E3 commentary from THE Burning Ranger" , posted Tue 17 May 11:25:post reply

Well, here's what I think so far:

PS3: Is it me, or does the new PS3 lettering look like the Spiderman (movie) font? Also surprised that it will be backwards compatible with PS2 AND PS1 (earlier reports said there would be no PS1 support). Not that it matters since I don't have PS1 games (though I might get Parasite Eve and Silent Hill again). Controller is very wierd... why not just modify the tried-and-true original design and give it analog triggers, which would be great for racing games and FPSs (which Sony might need to compete with Xbox360's catalog). Oh yeah, and the console doesn't look too bad... kind of an homage to old school consoles (the 2nd ver of the NES comes to mind).

SFA3 PSP: Still haven't seen it, but it needs more--I dunno, options. SFA3 is hardly the best in the series IMHO and it perhaps needs more. Now, if it was a port of the GBA SFA3, then maybe... PSP needs a KOF...

Matrix-Path of Neo: A game that lets us be the main character of the movies. I like how the famous scenes were recreated (as presented in the trailer) but I'm interested in seeing other missions that probably explains the time between the original and Reloaded.

Final Fight: Who cares?!? Not me... I wonder if this will be the new graphical style of Street Fighter...

From Russia with Love: I know it was announced a while ago. Still, it has the likeness of the REAL James Bond and takes the Bond games back to the real Bond roots. So, yeah...

Sega: Still no Daytona 3, Daytona 2 (Xbox, GC or PS2) or Burning Rangers. In fact, not much of anything that interests me. But then I was surprised Sega released the PS2 classics collection (with Virtua Racing!!!). So maybe, just maybe, there's still hope?

Xbox 360: Limited backwards compatibility? Bad idea-- this means I will have to beg MS to make Outrun2, Street Fighter AC, and Guilty Gear X2#R backwards compatible. I wonder if there is a way to see what games are popular on XBL.

What I hope to see: Valve's Half-Life 2 Expansion - Because let's face it, Gordon Freeman can kick the collective asses Master Chief, Dante, Solid Snake, Link, Mario and everyone else...

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

[this message was edited by Burning Ranger on Tue 17 May 11:40]

Phoenix
790th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Pre-E3 commentary from THE Burning Rang" , posted Tue 17 May 11:59post reply

PS3 looks like a giant printer.

Sano
1758th Post

"First screen shot of PSP SFA3" , posted Tue 17 May 12:09:post reply

Here's a screen shot of PSP SFA3. The colors look really good much like DS in the PSP. Not the best picture though.

Mystery solved I guess. ~_^

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 17 May 12:14]

Black_Hayato
124th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Pre-E3 commentary from THE Burning Rang" , posted Tue 17 May 12:33post reply

Am I the only one not interested in next gen consoles? I think its just too early and will be too expensive. Memory Stick Duo Pro, is like 80+ USD.

Most ppl I know are happy with what the gba, ps2 and xbox do right now. Plus Nintendo is letting the gba die in a whimper. And I don't think they'll support the ds once the new gb is out. There's only two gba games I'm looking forward to. Gunstar Super Heroes and Sigma Star Saga.

Pollyanna
1109th Post

"Re(3):Pre-E3 commentary from THE Burning Rang" , posted Tue 17 May 13:13post reply

WAHHHH! Monster Hunter Portable?
Ah, I just started playing MH again. Go go recycled everything from Capcom!

Hagen de Merak
892th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):G4 coverage (with bonus PS3 announcemen" , posted Tue 17 May 13:46:post reply

quote:

Agreed. If anything it's looking like a GTA clone... and visually I don't like it as much as Beatdown.

Also it seems that G4's live coverage doesn't start until tomorrow, but in the place of AOTS today there's a nice pre-E3 show that's basically showing all the preview trailers that have been popping up that past couple days.

*edit*- in case you haven't seen it... Sony's PS3 announcement PS3 and it's what we expected... Blue Ray, Memory Stick Duo, 1080p high def, 2006 launch, Full Backwards compatible, and processing power that goes up past 2 teraflops... no pictures of the actual system or games yet though.

more ps3 pics

ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/data/rulinews/read.htm?num=13364

dont know if they're real. they look real though.

[this message was edited by Hagen de Merak on Tue 17 May 13:50]

Ammadeau
1358th Post

"Re(3):G4 coverage (with bonus PS3 announcemen" , posted Tue 17 May 13:49post reply

quote:
edit- oh yeah also... in what almost seems as a counter to Bill Gate's quote about Halo 3 launching to snub the PS3 launch... Sony reps are now saying that PS3 will launch with the next title in the GTA series... BOOYAH BILLY!

If this is really true, Sony should have done something like ACTUALLY ANNOUNCING IT AT THEIR PRESS CONFERENCE. Because they didn't. They actually showed a concept vid from Rockstar that could be Red Dead Revolver 2, though the name wasn't mentioned.

quote:

Nothing to do with Spiderman 3. It was the character model of doc oc running in real time with lighting changes and movement. Very nice, though Luna was more impressive.

Burning Ranger
1199th Post

"Re(3):Pre-E3 commentary from THE Burning Rang" , posted Tue 17 May 14:08post reply

quote:
Am I the only one not interested in next gen consoles? I think its just too early and will be too expensive. Memory Stick Duo Pro, is like 80+ USD.

Most ppl I know are happy with what the gba, ps2 and xbox do right now. Plus Nintendo is letting the gba die in a whimper. And I don't think they'll support the ds once the new gb is out. There's only two gba games I'm looking forward to. Gunstar Super Heroes and Sigma Star Saga.

I kinda agree with your assessment on these new next-gen consoles. There's not really anything that interests me. Maybe Halo, since that's the only game besides KOF that I play with my siblings. On top of this, the only other thing I'm concerned about is backwards compatibility. I don't want to have to have an Xbox to play SFAC, Outrun2 and GGX2#R AND have an X360 for new games. That's the only saving grace of the PS3, except that there are no online fighters (yet). No telling if the KOF collections are coming to the US, let alone if they'll be online compatible here. Also, no telling if the PS3 online service will be free or not (I won't pay for XBL and the PS service).

So, yeah, gripes...

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Fuchikoma
1299th Post

"Re(4):Pre-E3 commentary from THE Burning Rang" , posted Tue 17 May 15:13post reply

quote:
Also, no telling if the PS3 online service will be free or not (I won't pay for XBL and the PS service).

Nope, not free according to Gamespot They say at the bottom that PS3 will have a world network like X-box Live and it's subscription based. A note about X-live on 360 though... the silver membership will be free, but it only allows you to be a spectator and possibly just upload your offline game stats.

About the Spider-man demo and GTA Next... here's IGN links if you don't believe me. Spidey but yeah a GTA launch title that was rumored at the conference turned out to be bogus no soup for you

Maou
632th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):Pre-E3 commentary from THE Burning Rang" , posted Tue 17 May 15:15post reply

quote:

I kinda agree with your assessment on these new next-gen consoles. There's not really anything that interests me.

I'm not that surprised at lame launch titles (look at the "games" PS2 launched with compared with the great library it now has). Not that it excuses not having a good killer launch title, but I really can't think of one since Dreamcast's Soul Calibur, and that was in the States. I wonder why crazy awesome launches aren't the priority they were. I also am surprised now that you mention it to think of GBA getting phased out already! I guess it's been four years, but somehow I'm used to portables lasting longer...

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Shin Ramberk
115th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Pre-E3 commentary from THE Burning Rang" , posted Tue 17 May 15:26post reply

quote:
Well, here's what I think so far:

PS3:
SFA3 PSP: Still haven't seen it, but it needs more--I dunno, options. SFA3 is hardly the best in the series IMHO and it perhaps needs more. Now, if it was a port of the GBA SFA3, then maybe... PSP needs a KOF...

If they do what they did with Vampire Chronicles (giving you the option of selecting what game engine (alpha 1,2,3), what version of your character (like in Hyper SF and VC) and background from any Alpha game-- I'm buying a PSP.

But knowing Capcom its a straight rehash with a new title and maybe one new graphic. Alpha 2 is my favorite, right below 3S.

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

Iggy
6518th Post

"Re(2):Pre-E3 commentary from THE Burning Rang" , posted Tue 17 May 19:58:post reply

I like the PS3. If it's released in 2006, it will probably have good titles in 2007, and an affordable price, and 2007 is a good year for me to buy a console for a lot of reasons.
Also, by then, they will have had the time to make a real controller.

EDIT : Ôkami pushed back to 2006 ? eh.
But it was playable (and enjoyable). It's not another Killer 7.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Tue 17 May 20:12]

Ammadeau
1360th Post

"Re(5):Pre-E3 commentary from THE Burning Rang" , posted Tue 17 May 22:16post reply

quote:
About the Spider-man demo and GTA Next... here's IGN links if you don't believe me. Spidey but yeah a GTA launch title that was rumored at the conference turned out to be bogus no soup for you

I don't really need links since I was at the conference. :p

Don't mistake what I said for ragging on the PS3 though. I think the system is going to be enormous. Seeing little vid clips you can't really experience what it was like to see those images on a huge screen with such an incredible level of detail. I'm not easy to impress, but it gave me chills. It really did.

Iron D
2668th Post

"Re(5):NEW FINAL FIGHT GAME'D!!!" , posted Wed 18 May 05:57post reply

quote:
Is she a playable character?

That's a nice butt she's got goin' there.

Zelkin. Pimped.

Sano
1764th Post

"Sano with what now is prolly old news, LOL!" , posted Wed 18 May 11:43:post reply

Today on G4 they showed all the new systems, the one that's got me the most excited is PS3. The ability to wirelessly connect with my PSP was hella cool. A scene of the Gundam World game was great, I wonder if that was the actual game or a CGI Movie, hmmm.

Not much on X-Box 360 got me excited. The new Dead or Alive looked good and that's about it for me. Backwards compatibility was confirmed.

Nintendo's Revolution's the smallest home console you've ever seen. They showed off no games but said not only would you would be able to play older games but you could download old games to play on the system all the way back to Nes Games. Now this has got me excited if this feature gets third party support. I would love to play Super Castlevania again.

Then they announced a new even Gameboy Advance. Um, why?

Nintendogs on the DS looks really cool, and it was funny seeing Miyamoto's dog put the moves on Strong's Dog, LOL!

And probably the biggest shock of the day for me, (Yesterday the biggest shock was Jack Sparrow in KH2, followed by a new Final Fight, SFA3 PSP and hearing about DMC4 on PS3) was Link transforming into a wolf like a werewolf! Man, this is turning out to be the greatest E3 Show ever!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 18 May 11:45]

Variable Savior
289th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Sano with what now is prolly old news," , posted Wed 18 May 13:39:post reply

quote:
Not much on X-Box 360 got me excited. The new Dead or Alive looked good and that's about it for me. Backwards compatibility was confirmed.

Yes but are all the Xbox games backward compatible? The G4 special pointed out the wording Microsoft used for this announcement - "backward-compatible with the top-selling Xbox games". This doesn't sound like they intend to have complete compatibility; just support for certain 'Haloesque' titles. Seems to me that MS threw this blurb out there to combat the backward compatibility offered by PS3 and Revolution.

Blood marks heaven's path

[this message was edited by Variable Savior on Wed 18 May 13:44]

Sano
1766th Post

"Re(2):Sano with what now is prolly old news," , posted Wed 18 May 13:42post reply

quote:

Yes but are all the Xbox games backward compatible? The G4 special pointed out the wording Microsoft used for this announcement - "backward-compatible with top-selling Xbox games". This doesn't sound like they intend to have complete compatibility; just support for certain 'Haloesque' titles. Seems to me that MS threw this blurb out there is combat the backward compatibility offered by PS3 and Revolution.

Yeah, that does seem kind of shadey... I hope they do mean all X-Box games though.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Fuchikoma
1312th Post

"Re(3):Sano with what now is prolly old news," , posted Wed 18 May 14:04post reply

quote:

Yeah, that does seem kind of shadey... I hope they do mean all X-Box games though.

G4 weren't the only ones to point out how Microsoft is wording their backwards capable plans. Considering that 360 is switching from an Nvidia to an ATI GPU. I believe their backwards compatibility will be through Bleem!cast style emulation, probably distributed over X-box Live... and as we saw, not all the games could be properly emulated through the program.

KTallguy
623th Post

"Just realized something..." , posted Thu 19 May 01:29post reply

I'm looking at the titles presented at E3.

How many of them are original properties that aren't either a sequel, or based on a movie/book/tv show?

Not that many.

Scary.

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Ishmael
2011th Post

"Re(1):Just realized something..." , posted Thu 19 May 01:53post reply

quote:
I'm looking at the titles presented at E3.

How many of them are original properties that aren't either a sequel, or based on a movie/book/tv show?

Not that many.

Scary.

I'm not sure about that. It's not surprising there weren't a lot of new games considering how many new consoles were debuting at E3. The pattern seems to be that the upgrade to an established console is introduced by showing familiar games, characters and so on and then showing how much sexier they will be on the the new system. Couple that with developers wanting to have their hot new ideas on the next generation system instead of the now doomed current generation it's not surprising things are a little sparse.

Besides, just because things like Destroy All Humans, the latest round of FPS games, and whatever this bit of nonsense is aren't getting the top headlines doesn't mean they aren't out there.

Sano
1768th Post

"Re(2):Just realized something..." , posted Thu 19 May 02:16post reply

I often say that game companies make too many sequels and don't space them out far eonugh. Sometimes you want to give new games a chance but you get cought up in playing so many sequels you just can't keep up. But it seems like it's a problem with the entire industry and the game buying community. It's much easier to sell part 2 of whatever than a new franchise. Personally I wish sequels were released 2 years apart to space things out.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Fuchikoma
1314th Post

"Re(3):Just realized something..." , posted Thu 19 May 02:26post reply

quote:
I often say that game companies make too many sequels and don't space them out far eonugh. Sometimes you want to give new games a chance but you get cought up in playing so many sequels you just can't keep up. But it seems like it's a problem with the entire industry and the game buying community. It's much easier to sell part 2 of whatever than a new franchise. Personally I wish sequels were released 2 years apart to space things out.

Yeah I sort of feel the same way and then sort of don't. I think a couple years ago Ubisoft was really making a name for themselves with a bunch of new and original games like Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, XIII, and Beyond Good and Evil. But now they're just cranking out Splinter Cell and POP sequels... although Farcry was a wicked game last year.

Look at Nintendo... how many new franchises did they make for Gamecube? Pikmin and Animal Crossing are the only ones that come to mind.

I guess it's just very risky to make something fresh... look how bad Beyond Good and Evil tanked. So when a team finds a formula that works... they stick to the formula. I guess that's why we're saturated with GTA clones and FPS games right now.

lunatic
161th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Just realized something..." , posted Thu 19 May 02:55post reply

i'm really excited about quake4... but doom3 engine doesn't look that nice imo

any words on the next FF?

and wtf is up with PS3 having 7 bluetooth controller? how's that ever gonna help anyone..

You've been very bad~ Now off to the gas chamber!

kurushimi
63th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Just realized something..." , posted Thu 19 May 03:01post reply

quote:

Yeah I sort of feel the same way and then sort of don't. I think a couple years ago Ubisoft was really making a name for themselves with a bunch of new and original games like Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, XIII, and Beyond Good and Evil. But now they're just cranking out Splinter Cell and POP sequels... although Farcry was a wicked game last year.

Look at Nintendo... how many new franchises did they make for Gamecube? Pikmin and Animal Crossing are the only ones that come to mind.

I guess it's just very risky to make something fresh... look how bad Beyond Good and Evil tanked. So when a team finds a formula that works... they stick to the formula. I guess that's why we're saturated with GTA clones and FPS games right now.

Sony has the blessing of the PSP in this case. I don't care how easy it is to develop games for your system, if you want to make something on par with that Killzone demo for the PS3, you're going to need lots of cash. The PSP, in contrast, is a relatively inexpensive investment. It would allow companies to experiment with original titles and franchises at a substantially lesser cost than its big brother. Should they succeed, they can then get the green light to develop the franchise for the PS3.

And speaking of sequels, I'm annoyed with the number of sequels that they announced, but for different reasons. Yes, there's the usual "OMG lack of originality and companies are selling out!" argument. While the point is valid, truth be told, I look forward to another Devil May Cry.

HOWEVER, launch titles are 1st gen products. Developers, talented as they may be, are just getting used to the hardware. I'd rather have sequels to games I love be done later in the hardware cycle, when developers get more comfortable with programming for the system and squeezing more juice. While playing these sequels, I would be thinking in the back of my head, "Damn, this looks good, but if they waited just a lil longer, it could've been so much better!"

But, people need the familiarity to comfort them when buying a new system, and it's also a good comparison to show the leaps and bounds from the last generation.

Sano
1770th Post

"Re(5):Just realized something..." , posted Thu 19 May 03:37post reply

As far as new games go I'm very excited about Okami. And Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects too even though the whole Marvel Fighter thing has been done before but oh well, looks different enough I guess. Capcom's other Samurai-esque game, what's it being called in the US, Dead Riders? - looks very exciting but I'm not quite sold yet.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Sano
1781th Post

"Rapping up G4's E3 Show" , posted Sun 22 May 09:51:post reply

On G4's E3 coverage, I was dissapointed that they didn't cover Final Fight Streetwise, Marvel Nemesis, or visit the SNK booth. Also it was curious why Adam Sessler didn't ask the X-Box people about the backwards compatability issue. And first they announced that Advent of Children was footage Sony put together to show what the PS3 can do and later called it Advent of Children. Um, I guess it's Advent of Children, ME WANT THIS MOVIE ON MY PSP ALREADY!

Drunk Vador rules! And that 'EXTREME' dude is ludicrous!

Ah, to enter the Capcom Booth, AKA nirvana for Sano... Not even G4 was excited about Killer 7 calling it a point and click. Oh well, lots of Okami love to go around.

Woods looking for Katamari 2 at the Namco booth, why can't you look for Namco x Capcom? Her dance was hysterical.

Nintendo's booth ruled with the Link Wolf prop. So jealous, we don't get anything like this at the NY Digital Life Show...

Vince Valentine's game looked really good, SOOO glad it's not an RPG since he was my favorite FF7 character and I don't play many Turn Based RPGS. But -

The New Dragon Quest game looks amazing! I may have to once again play a turn based RPG. Seeing all of those Slimes combine into a King Slime did my 'I used to watch the Dragon Quest Anime with Abal and Daisy' heart good.

MGS4's trailer, now that's hilarious. Heh, heh, never played MGS3 now I can get my hands on the new MGS3 upgrade instead. I was kind of sad that they abandoned the Anime look and cut scenes of Metal Gear Acid and made the MGA sequel look like the home versions.

They mentioned Jack Sparrow in Kingdom Hearts at least. No word on Mary Poppins.

It was funny hearing the creators of The Godfather talk about Coppola being mad he didn't direct the cut scenes. It's not the movie, it's the world of the movie in the game and shtuff...

The Nintendo Reggie vs. Kevin rivalry continues! He used to be really harsh against Reggie on Pulse, don't watch much Attack of the Show myself. Reggie threatened to take him outside and beat him up. Jokingly of course, but I bet that fight would of been better than Trinidad's last outing.

And then there's a bunch of other stuff at the show that I forgot about...

Overall, I felt G4's coverage was good. I may gripe here and there but this is prolly the closest I'll ever get to E3. As far as the show itself with the announcement of the three new consoles and many surprises, I was like a kid at the candy store.

And that's my opinion no one cares about.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Sun 22 May 09:52]

Ammadeau
1368th Post

"Re(1):Rapping up G4's E3 Show" , posted Sun 22 May 13:29:post reply

quote:
On G4's E3 coverage, I was dissapointed that they didn't cover Final Fight Streetwise

It sucks. It has nothing to do with Final Fight and is zero fun to play.

quote:
Marvel Nemesis,

Didn't play it, but it looked like a rather boring and generic fighting game.

quote:
or visit the SNK booth.

They actually had a very nice booth, completely with playable builds and arcade machines, as well as vids of nonplayables like Twinkle Star Sprites. I don't know why I didn't take a picture of it.

quote:
Killer 7 calling it a point and click. Oh well, lots of Okami love to go around.

K7 was in the running for worst game of show. Controls were very awkward and there was nothing remotely fun about it. Even worse than Shadow of the Colossus.

quote:
Woods looking for Katamari 2 at the Namco booth, why can't you look for Namco x Capcom?

We Love Katamari got a heavy push so it wasn't in any way hard to find. Next to SC3, it was Namco's most promoted game. I even got a Katamari mouspad. While according to Namco US, NxC doesn't exist.

quote:
Nintendo's booth ruled with the Link Wolf prop. So jealous, we don't get anything like this at the NY Digital Life Show...

It was a three hour wait sometimes to get into playing the new Zelda. Some people are just too fanboyish.

[this message was edited by Ammadeau on Sun 22 May 13:30]

Iggy
6543th Post

"Calibur 3" , posted Sun 22 May 16:44:post reply

quote:
Um, I guess it's Advent of Children, ME WANT THIS MOVIE ON MY PSP ALREADY!
You may not have noticed it, but while the DVD version is still scheduled for september, the UMD version has been pushed back to "sometime in the future".

EDIT : also, That's a lot of characters. Berserker ? I hope it doesn't mean Rock isn't here.
The game should be nearly finished for the TGS.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sun 22 May 17:21]

Nate
552th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Calibur 3" , posted Sun 22 May 17:27post reply

quote:
Berserker ? I hope it doesn't mean Rock isn't here.

It doesn't look like Berserker's even using an axe.

Rock has a chance!!

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Gojira
1722th Post

"Re(2):Calibur 3" , posted Sun 22 May 20:03:post reply

quote:

Rock has a chance!!

No it looks more like a lance.

This footage is from the quest mode, whatever they called it. I think "Berserker" may be an example of the kind of characters you can create.

Off with your nose

[this message was edited by Gojira on Sun 22 May 20:04]

Sano
1782th Post

"Re(1):Calibur 3" , posted Sun 22 May 20:14post reply

quote:
You may not have noticed it, but while the DVD version is still scheduled for september, the UMD version has been pushed back to "sometime in the future".

Yeah, at the show they said that Squeenix didn't give US release dates for all of their games as well.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Saiki
172th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Calibur 3" , posted Mon 23 May 03:00post reply

quote:

Rock has a chance!!

No it looks more like a lance.

This footage is from the quest mode, whatever they called it. I think "Berserker" may be an example of the kind of characters you can create.

I think Berserker is an actual character. You can hear them announcing his name at the start of the fight

Maou
634th Post

"Re(4):Calibur 3" , posted Mon 23 May 03:42post reply

quote:

I think Berserker is an actual character. You can hear them announcing his name at the start of the fight

In this interview with the project producer, it sounds more like the "Berserker" announced is a working title for the kind of characters created out of the Character Creation mode, even though "Berserker" the Weapon Master character somehow managed to be sort of popular in the States (he was playable in Versus I hear).

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Gojira
1722th Post

"Re(5):Calibur 3" , posted Mon 23 May 04:15post reply

quote:

In this interview with the project producer, it sounds more like the "Berserker" announced is a working title for the kind of characters created out of the Character Creation mode, even though "Berserker" the Weapon Master character somehow managed to be sort of popular in the States (he was playable in Versus I hear).

Well, he would have been playable in the JP version if they'd had more time to implement him. Like most of the Edge Master exclusive characters he had a select screen animation and everything, just no place set aside to select him.

But yeah, I still think that "Berserker" is going to be a kind of pre-created character, as will probably be Assassin, Lizardman, and whoever else they come up with for that mode. I'm sure the names are recorded because they won't change (they're generic names, after all).

Off with your nose

Iggy
6543th Post

"Re(6):Calibur 3" , posted Mon 23 May 05:15post reply

Like on the screen where you choose your class, or something, "Samurai" ?

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!