Taiko no Tatsujin - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1501 Views )

Click
590th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Taiko no Tatsujin" , posted Sun 15 May 01:12post reply

I'm on a quasi music game kick...

I need some opinions on Taito no Tatsujin. Music quality? Number of songs and gameplay modes? Difficulty levels? How is the controller quality? Is it . . . fun ?

I'm feeling the need to beat some drums after playing Drummania at the arcade, but DM home versions are not an easy thing to get into... Taiko might be a decent 'replacement.' And those drum characters were always sexy.cute.neat.

Replies:

Grahf
392th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Taiko no Tatsujin" , posted Sun 15 May 05:10:post reply

I think it's really fun. I don't play too many rhythm games, but this one definitely has that over-the-top "fun factor" that I look for. For one thing, it is just about the happiest game you'll ever play. There's also just something about banging on a drum with sticks that never fails to amuse me. The drum that comes with the game is tough, so you can wail away on it pretty hard without worrying about damaging it.

I have the American version, and the song selection isn't bad. I'm not a big fan of most of the popular songs, but I really enjoy the Namco tunes and all the classical music.

As far as difficulty goes, there's a very wide variety. Each song has four difficulty levels, and the songs themselves vary greatly in tempo and rhythms. There are still a couple of songs I can't beat on "Oni mode", and a lot of them still provide me with an adequate challenge.

While we're on the subject, does anyone happen to know if there are any sequels announced for America?

EDIT: Oh, and about gameplay modes, there really aren't too many. That is definitely a lacking point in the game. There's just the default mode, and three mini-games you'll get tired of pretty quickly. Again, I'm talking about the American version here.

[this message was edited by Grahf on Sun 15 May 05:21]

Click
591th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Taiko no Tatsujin" , posted Sun 15 May 08:53post reply

When was it released in the US, anyhow?

Thanks for your impressions.

Grahf
392th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Taiko no Tatsujin" , posted Sun 15 May 16:41post reply

quote:
When was it released in the US, anyhow?

October 26, 2004 (according to GameFAQs). Close to the same time as Donkey Konga, which was in December.