No VA for Drag on Dragoon 2 and Grandia 3 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2019 Views )

Iggy
6493th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"No VA for Drag on Dragoon 2 and Grandia 3" , posted Fri 13 May 20:52post reply

Weird, especially after Romamin.
Weird, but not necessarly bad, especially after Romamin.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Replies:

hikarutilmitt
321th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):No VA for Drag on Dragoon 2 and Grandia" , posted Fri 13 May 22:40post reply

quote:

The hell? Grandia has always had VA, why not now? DoD2... eh.

Also, when I read the topic title I thought it said Legend of Dragoon 2, which prompted sarcistic comments of paralyzing those involved.

Maou
627th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):No VA for Drag on Dragoon 2 and Grandia" , posted Sat 14 May 01:24post reply

WOT?! "色が付きすぎて”なんて、くだらねえ理由だよ、ったく。 This smells like straight-up cheap-assery on Square-Enix's part rather than trying to avoid these voice actors who inject too much into the game.  If Game Arts' 1995 Sega CD Lunar 2 could have an hour and a half of spoken dialogue by well-known actors that included Hayashibara Megumi, I think that just maybe Grandia III would be able to get away with having actors without ruining things. Square Enix is the last group I'd expect to make such a penny-pinching decision, especially when the actors in FFX (Japanese!) were so good.

...By the way, have you heard this from any place other than the old jiji's page, Iggy?

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Iggy
6496th Post

"Re(3):No VA for Drag on Dragoon 2 and Grandia" , posted Sat 14 May 01:30post reply

quote:
...By the way, have you heard this from any place other than the old jiji's page, Iggy?

I don't know what you're talking about.
Also, the VA situation is totally different now and 10 years ago, and so is the public.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!

Shingo The One
525th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):No VA for Drag on Dragoon 2 and Grandia" , posted Sat 14 May 03:48post reply

quote:
Also, the VA situation is totally different now and 10 years ago, and so is the public.

Well look at the bright side.A certain game, Namco X Capcom, will have all characters and all dialogue(fingers crossed on the latter)will be all VAed.Very soon, we will know.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Pollyanna
1104th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):No VA for Drag on Dragoon 2 and Grandia" , posted Sat 14 May 06:08post reply

That's totally odd. DoD had a lot of FMV, so I wonder if it'll be "voiceless" FMV like Final Fantasy used to have. I really like that, actually...as long as it's handled well.

But Grandia? That's just...really strange. Everything has voice acting these days.

Maou
628th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):No VA for Drag on Dragoon 2 and Grandia" , posted Sat 14 May 06:14post reply

quote:

The blog your link's from, 忍之閻魔帳: ゲームと映画が好きなジジィの雑記帳(不定期), I mean. And ya the VA situation is different, in that it's more expected than before instead of less. I just meant that if a simple 2D RPG from 1995 could have tons of famous voice actors and not become ridiculous despite how voices drew attention to the short little characters, I don't see how voice acting in more realistic games now can be considered a problem-- unless it's bad like you say Minstrel's is. But Game Arts and Square alike have a decent record in my book.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Salamande
5th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):No VA for Drag on Dragoon 2 and Grandia" , posted Sat 14 May 13:23post reply

quote:

That's tragic. The dragon in Drakengaard is one of my favorite voice actors ever...

Shingo The One
533th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Sano,new NamcoXCapcom VA trailer" , posted Wed 18 May 12:55post reply

quote:
Well look at the bright side.A certain game, Namco X Capcom, will have all characters and all dialogue(fingers crossed on the latter)will be all VAed.Very soon, we will know.

Speaking of Seiyuus, I finally got solid proof that NamcoXCapcom will be all VAed.Check out the new Event Scene Digest trailer at the official site and how this game gets close to being so very cool.
Streaming trailer link:
mms://wm2.streaming.ne.jp/namco/nxcpro2.wmv
Official site:
namco-ch.net/namco_x_capcom

Sano
1766th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Sano,new NamcoXCapcom VA trailer" , posted Wed 18 May 13:27:post reply

quote:
Speaking of Seiyuus, I finally got solid proof that NamcoXCapcom will be all VAed.Check out the new Event Scene Digest trailer at the official site and how this game gets close to being so very cool.
Streaming trailer link:
Official site:

Thanks! Goes to check out link...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 18 May 13:39]

Shingo The One
534th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Sano,new NamcoXCapcom VA trailer" , posted Wed 18 May 13:33post reply

quote:
Streaming trailer link:
Official site:

Thanks! Goes to check out link...

You're welcome compadre.And allow me to give out one tiny spoiler.
In the trailer, you'll see and hear...
Dark Hadou Ryu!
Catch you later.

Sano
1766th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):Sano,new NamcoXCapcom VA trailer" , posted Wed 18 May 13:38:post reply

quote:

You're welcome compadre.And allow me to give out one tiny spoiler.
In the trailer, you'll see and hear...
Dark Hadou Ryu!
Catch you later.

Yeah, wish I could of seen Chun-Li this time but Vega vs. Captain Commando was cool. Lilith and Strider Hien! And Loki! Was Jin talking to Devil Kazuya? Oh man, this is game is gonna be off the meter!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 18 May 13:39]

Iggy
6522th Post

"Grandia 3 dubbed" , posted Wed 18 May 22:07post reply

There will be voice acting in Grandia 3.

ねんがんの ネ申ゲーをてにいれたぞ!